|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
(a) Take pictures for newspapers back in the U.S.
(b) Make daily radio broadcasts for the Japanese to hear.
(c) Make a movie of their battles.
(d) Record soldiers' views on the war.
2. What is Moore apprehensive about at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) His brother's reaction to his new assignment.
(b) His father's reaction to his new assignment.
(c) His sister's reaction to his new assignment.
(d) His mother's reaction to his new assignment.
3. What division is Lt Dunn transferred to?
4. When does Chapter 3 open?
(a) June 17, 1942.
(b) June 5. 1942.
(c) June 15, 1942.
(d) June 1, 1942.
5. What does Dunn forget to do when the battle begins?
(a) Radio his position.
(b) Get his goggles on.
(c) Get his guns ready.
(d) Put his gloves on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Galloway ask to be assigned to his unit?
2. When does Chapter 1 open?
3. What does Dunn have before the battle?
4. What does Dawkins present Lt Dun with in the Hospital?
5. What does the nurse who bathes Dunn ask him to do after he is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
2. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
3. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
4. What does Oblensky tell Galloway in Chapter 8?
5. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
6. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
7. What happens to Dunn at the beginning of the attack?
8. What are Sgt. Rutterman and Captain Sessions discussing at the start of Chapter 3?
9. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
10. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)