|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Moore a descendant of?
(a) A wealthy South Carolina family.
(b) A wealthy Pennsylvania family.
(c) A wealthy California family.
(d) A wealthy New York family.
2. When does Chapter 1 open?
(a) June 6, 1942.
(b) June 8, 1942.
(c) June 4, 1942.
(d) June 12, 1942.
3. What does the nurse who bathes Dunn ask him to do after he is released from the hospital?
(a) To go see one of her friends.
(b) Come see her.
(c) To try to find her brother.
(d) To keep on resting.
4. What rank is Hon?
(b) First Lieutenant.
5. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
(a) Take pictures for newspapers back in the U.S.
(b) Make daily radio broadcasts for the Japanese to hear.
(c) Make a movie of their battles.
(d) Record soldiers' views on the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Dunn told not to fly?
2. When does Chapter 2 open?
3. How many men are present for the meeting of Pickering with MacArthur?
4. Where are Sgt Rutterman and Captain Sessions working?
5. What degree did Moore get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
2. What does Oblensky tell Galloway in Chapter 8?
3. What happens between Moore and his father?
4. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
5. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
6. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
7. What does Moore have difficulty with?
8. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
9. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
10. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)