|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dawkins present Lt Dun with in the Hospital?
(a) A letter of reprimand.
(b) A letter of dismissal.
(c) The Navy Cross.
(d) The Purple Heart.
2. What is the rank of the man knocking on Pickering's door?
(b) Full Commander.
3. When does Chapter 1 open?
(a) June 6, 1942.
(b) June 12, 1942.
(c) June 8, 1942.
(d) June 4, 1942.
4. What is Captain Galloway's punishment after his action following Pearl Harbor?
(a) He was transfered to a bomber squadron.
(b) He was grounded.
(c) He was transferred to a training squadron.
(d) He was demoted and sent stateside.
5. What does the nurse who bathes Dunn ask him to do after he is released from the hospital?
(a) To try to find her brother.
(b) To go see one of her friends.
(c) Come see her.
(d) To keep on resting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Moore told he will be living?
2. When is the First Marine Division set to attack the Solomon Islands?
3. How long of a leave is Moore given before taking on his new assignment?
4. Where is Jacob Reeves in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Sessions stationed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
2. What is Lieutenant McCoy's nickname according to Chapter 7?
3. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
4. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
5. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
6. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
7. What happens between Moore and his father?
8. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
9. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
10. Who is Mary Agnes O'Malley?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)