|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rank is Hon?
(c) First Lieutenant.
2. When is the First Marine Division set to attack the Solomon Islands?
(a) August 10, 1942.
(b) August 5, 1942.
(c) August 25, 1942.
(d) August 1, 1942.
3. Where does Chapter 1 open?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Midway Island.
(c) San Diego.
4. Where does Moore arrive at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) New York.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
5. What island do Pickering, Major Banning and Pluto Hon discuss after deciding Moore's assignment?
(a) The Mariannes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long of a leave is Moore given before taking on his new assignment?
2. How long is Dunn told not to fly?
3. What does Dunn have before the battle?
4. What are the Japanese buildings on the island discussed in Chapter 9?
5. What was Major Dillon's pre-war occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Captain Fleming Pickering hold unique status in the Navy in Chapter 2?
2. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
3. What does Andrew Foster ask Galloway to give his grandson?
4. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
5. Who is Major Jake Dillon?
6. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
7. Who is Mary Agnes O'Malley?
8. What does Lieutenant Hon do as part of the U.S. Army Reserve?
9. What are Sgt. Rutterman and Captain Sessions discussing at the start of Chapter 3?
10. What is proven correct by the Japanese?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)