|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jacob Reeves in Chapter 4?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) North Carolina.
2. Who is sending the message Pickering is given?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) The administrative assistant to the Secretary of the Navy.
(d) The President.
3. Where does Moore arrive at the start of Chapter 9?
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) San Diego.
(d) The Marianne Island.
4. What does Dawkins do for Captain Galloway?
(a) He promotes him.
(b) He excuses some of his absences.
(c) He helps have him reinstated in active forces in the Pacific.
(d) He helps him get work at home.
5. What do the staff sergeant and the captain working with Moore teach him to do?
(a) Work around peoples' egos.
(b) Work the equipment.
(c) Go through the security.
(d) Transmit messages from office to office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does MacArthur send a cable to following Pickering's information?
2. What does Moore not have much of?
3. Where does the beautiful older woman Moore sees in Chapter 5 get off the train?
4. What does Nurse Flo Kocharski secretly do?
5. What is David Schneider's rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickering agree to in Chapter 9?
2. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
3. What does Oblensky tell Galloway in Chapter 8?
4. What is Dunn's opinion of Lt. David Schneider?
5. What does Pickering give to MacArthur during a top secret gathering?
6. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
7. What does Dunn realize people think about him?
8. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
9. What is Galloway infamous for in Chapter 6?
10. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)