|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Japanese buildings on the island discussed in Chapter 9?
(a) A boat repair facility.
(b) A plane factory.
(c) A new airfield.
(d) A new resupply base.
2. Where was John Moore born?
(b) San Diego.
(c) Saint Louis.
3. What division is Lt Dunn transferred to?
4. What is the rank of the man with Dunn when he wakes up at the hospital?
5. Where does Chapter 1 open?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Midway Island.
(d) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 6 open?
2. What carrier does Captain Galloway land on after the attack of Pearl Harbor?
3. What is Captain Galloway's punishment after his action following Pearl Harbor?
4. What does Moore not have much of?
5. What does Barbara Ward think her future is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice is Moore given when he reaches the U.S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia in Chapter 5?
2. Who is Mary Agnes O'Malley?
3. Who is Ellen Feller and what work does she do?
4. What does Moore daydream of in June 1942?
5. What is Lieutenant McCoy's nickname according to Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 1, where is William Charles "Bill" Dunn stationed and why is he frightened?
7. What does Sgt. Moore realize about Captain Sessions?
8. How does Moore feel about his father in Chapter 4?
9. What conflict could cause the Allies to lose the war?
10. What happens while Barbara Ward is thinking of her situation?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)