|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can Ellen not reach at the end of Chapter 17?
2. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He wants to leave the Island.
(b) He will stay with them.
(c) He wants to support them from afar.
(d) He wants reinforcements for them.
3. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
(b) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(c) Schneider is by the book.
(d) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
4. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
(a) A letter from his father.
(b) A letter from his lawyer.
(c) A letter from mother.
(d) A letter from Barbara.
5. What position is Pickering elevated to?
(a) Supply Division Officer.
(b) First Sergeant.
(c) Intelligence Division Officer.
(d) Division Executive officer
6. How are women predominantly portrayed by Griffin in "Battleground"?
(a) As lovers of main characters.
(b) As trash.
(c) As sisters of main characters.
(d) As less than desirable.
7. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering arrested.
(b) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
(c) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(d) To have Moore arrested.
8. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
(a) It is better than the U.S Navy HQ.
(b) It the highest he could imagine.
(c) It is lax.
(d) It is almost invisible.
9. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) Colonel Goettge.
(b) John Moore.
(c) Pluto Hon.
(d) Commander Feldt.
10. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He is not good.
(b) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(c) He has a heart murmur.
(d) He wasn't good enough at math.
11. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) Report for cryptography training.
(b) Transport a message.
(c) Pick up people at the airport.
(d) Change to plain clothes.
12. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
(a) His raise.
(b) His time in Japan.
(c) His new rank.
(d) His extension of work.
13. What happens during the Guadalcanal landing of the troops?
(a) The Marines take heavy fire and stay on the beach.
(b) The Marines meet little resistance.
(c) The Marines meet heavy fire, but push towards the air field.
(d) The Marines reembarque after taking significant casualty.
14. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
(a) The First Marine Division.
(b) The Second Marine Division.
(c) The Fourth Marine Division.
(d) The Third Marine Division.
15. Who does Pickering send a message to in Chapter 16?
(c) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
2. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
3. When does Chapter 10 open?
4. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
5. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)