|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) Pluto Hon.
(b) John Moore.
(c) Commander Feldt.
(d) Colonel Goettge.
2. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(d) The Admiral.
3. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
(a) The jade he smuggled from China.
(b) The gold he smuggled from China.
(c) The drugs he smuggled from China.
(d) The weapons he smuggled from China.
4. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
(b) That Pickering is in the Navy.
(c) That Pickering is alive.
(d) That Pickering is dead.
5. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
(a) That Colonel Dailey wants to meet him.
(b) That Colonel Dailey wants to be assigned to him.
(c) That Colonel Dailey wants a favor from him.
(d) That Colonel Dailey wants Pickering to be assigned to his team.
6. Why does Ellen Feller seduce John Moore?
(a) To have someone to protect her.
(b) He is well built.
(c) He has influence.
(d) He is rich.
7. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
(a) Lt Ward.
(b) John Moore.
(d) Colonel Rixby.
8. What is the rank of the soldier accompanying Pickering?
(a) Sergeant Major.
9. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) To lead by example.
(b) To stay safe.
(c) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(d) To balance his time well.
10. What does Schneider think should be admired?
(a) Defying his uncle's commands.
(b) Adherence to military protocol.
(c) Defying military protocol.
(d) Adherence to his uncle's commands.
11. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
12. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
(a) As a base commander.
(b) As a pilot.
(c) To serve as a backup for Hon and Moore.
(d) To prison.
13. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 11, 1942.
(b) July 1, 1942.
(c) July 5, 1942.
(d) July 8, 1942.
14. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He will stay with them.
(b) He wants reinforcements for them.
(c) He wants to leave the Island.
(d) He wants to support them from afar.
15. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
(a) Washington State.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
2. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
3. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
4. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
5. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)