|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) Pluto Hon.
(b) Commander Feldt.
(c) Colonel Goettge.
(d) John Moore.
2. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
(a) Using radio.
(b) By remembering it.
(c) On paper.
(d) Using the phone.
3. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(a) Letters for General Vandergrift.
4. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In her room.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In John Moore's bed.
(d) In a pool.
5. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He is not good.
(b) He has a heart murmur.
(c) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(d) He wasn't good enough at math.
6. Why does Ellen Feller seduce John Moore?
(a) He has influence.
(b) He is rich.
(c) To have someone to protect her.
(d) He is well built.
7. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
(b) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
(c) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(d) A large group of Japanese planes.
8. What is Pickering put in charge of?
(a) Food on the island.
(b) Medical care on the island.
(c) Intelligence on the island.
(d) Ammunition on the island.
9. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That everyone leave the island.
(b) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(c) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
(d) That Pickering be arrested.
10. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
(a) Marine lore.
(b) His conscience.
(c) Army lore.
(d) Navy lore.
11. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
(a) In his hotel.
(c) At Water Lily Cottage.
(d) At a restaurant.
12. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
(c) Pearl Harbor
(d) San Diego.
13. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
(a) A letter from Barbara.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) A letter from mother.
(d) A letter from his lawyer.
14. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
(a) The First Marine Division.
(b) The Second Marine Division.
(c) The Third Marine Division.
(d) The Fourth Marine Division.
15. Where is Dailey first assigned before going back to the US?
(a) North Africa.
(b) The Pacific Front.
(c) The German front.
(d) The South Atlantic Front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
2. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
3. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
4. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
5. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)