|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
2. How are women predominantly portrayed by Griffin in "Battleground"?
(a) As trash.
(b) As sisters of main characters.
(c) As lovers of main characters.
(d) As less than desirable.
3. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
(a) That he is too good to be sent to the front line.
(b) That he is full of his own importance.
(c) That he is a nice man.
(d) That he is a dreamer.
4. Where is Dailey first assigned before going back to the US?
(a) The Pacific Front.
(b) The South Atlantic Front.
(c) North Africa.
(d) The German front.
5. What is one of the officers of Galloway's group shocked by?
(a) The dirty uniforms.
(b) The holes in the strip.
(c) The state of the planes.
(d) The disregard of regulations.
6. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) To balance his time well.
(b) To stay safe.
(c) To lead by example.
(d) Not to place himself in harm's way.
7. What is Dailey surprised to learn?
(a) That he is being reactivated for combat.
(b) That he is being sent home.
(c) That he is being transferred to Germany.
(d) That he is selected for the Navy Cross.
8. What school did Schneider go to?
9. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He is not good.
(b) He wasn't good enough at math.
(c) He has a heart murmur.
(d) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
10. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
(a) That he is imcompetent.
(b) That he is slow.
(c) That he will be more valuable than thought.
(d) That he isn't as smart as he looked.
11. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
(a) The weapons he smuggled from China.
(b) The gold he smuggled from China.
(c) The drugs he smuggled from China.
(d) The jade he smuggled from China.
12. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That Pickering be arrested.
(b) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(c) That everyone leave the island.
(d) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
13. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is disciplined.
(b) He is teased.
(c) He is not liked.
(d) He is tolerable.
14. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
(a) A Tomcat.
(b) A catalina.
(c) A B-24.
(d) A Corsair.
15. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) John Moore.
(b) Pluto Hon.
(c) Colonel Goettge.
(d) Commander Feldt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
2. When does Chapter 10 open?
3. What is Goettge's rank?
4. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
5. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)