|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Schneider go to?
2. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
(a) It is almost invisible.
(b) It is better than the U.S Navy HQ.
(c) It is lax.
(d) It the highest he could imagine.
3. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
(a) His new rank.
(b) His raise.
(c) His extension of work.
(d) His time in Japan.
4. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
(b) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(c) To get Pickering arrested.
(d) To have Moore arrested.
5. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
6. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
(a) To serve as a backup for Hon and Moore.
(b) To prison.
(c) As a pilot.
(d) As a base commander.
7. What position is Pickering elevated to?
(a) Division Executive officer
(b) Intelligence Division Officer.
(c) Supply Division Officer.
(d) First Sergeant.
8. What is Pickering put in charge of?
(a) Food on the island.
(b) Ammunition on the island.
(c) Intelligence on the island.
(d) Medical care on the island.
9. What could Hon and Pickering face if someone found about Moore?
(a) Court martial and prison.
(b) Dishonnorable discharge.
(c) Court martial and death.
(d) Reasignment to the front.
10. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He wasn't good enough at math.
(b) He has a heart murmur.
(c) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(d) He is not good.
11. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(b) That everyone leave the island.
(c) That Pickering be arrested.
(d) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
12. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He will stay with them.
(b) He wants reinforcements for them.
(c) He wants to leave the Island.
(d) He wants to support them from afar.
13. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
(a) A letter from mother.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) A letter from his lawyer.
(d) A letter from Barbara.
14. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) Pick up people at the airport.
(b) Report for cryptography training.
(c) Change to plain clothes.
(d) Transport a message.
15. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
(a) Her number of lovers.
(b) Her relationship with Moore.
(c) Her relationship with Galloway.
(d) Her relationship with Dunn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
2. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
3. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
4. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
5. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)