Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
2. Why is Captain Galloway tired in Chapter 11?
(a) He is training his pilots.
(b) He is sick.
(c) He is testing the planes assigned to his group.
(d) He is on guard shift every night.
3. What is the rank of the soldier accompanying Pickering?
(d) Sergeant Major.
4. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
5. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
(a) 25 men.
(b) 15 men.
(c) 30 men.
(d) 20 men.
6. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
(a) In 1946.
(b) In 1942.
(c) During training in South Carolina.
(d) During WWI.
7. Where is Dailey first assigned before going back to the US?
(a) The South Atlantic Front.
(b) The Pacific Front.
(c) The German front.
(d) North Africa.
8. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) To stay safe.
(b) To lead by example.
(c) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(d) To balance his time well.
9. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
(a) The Fourth Marine Division.
(b) The First Marine Division.
(c) The Third Marine Division.
(d) The Second Marine Division.
10. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
(a) Lt Ward.
(b) John Moore.
(d) Colonel Rixby.
11. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
(a) As a base commander.
(b) As a pilot.
(c) To prison.
(d) To serve as a backup for Hon and Moore.
12. What does the first plane landing on Guadalcanal leave the island with?
(a) Two wounded soldiers.
(c) Letters from soldiers.
13. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
14. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
(b) His lawyer.
(c) Barbara Ward.
(d) His father.
15. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 8, 1942.
(b) July 5, 1942.
(c) July 11, 1942.
(d) July 1, 1942.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
2. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
3. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
4. What could Hon and Pickering face if someone found about Moore?
5. Where is Fowler's office?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)