|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
(b) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(c) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
(d) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
2. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(c) Letters for General Vandergrift.
3. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
(a) Her relationship with Dunn.
(b) Her relationship with Galloway.
(c) Her number of lovers.
(d) Her relationship with Moore.
5. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is not liked.
(b) He is tolerable.
(c) He is disciplined.
(d) He is teased.
6. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
(a) Her horse backriding.
(b) Her tennis match.
(c) Her bath.
(d) Her polo match.
7. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) Transport a message.
(b) Report for cryptography training.
(c) Change to plain clothes.
(d) Pick up people at the airport.
8. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(a) The Admiral.
9. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
(a) To send him to safety as quickly as possible.
(b) To arrest him.
(c) To give him a fighting unit to command.
(d) To keep him.
10. What shocks the reader?
(a) Pickering's decision to leave.
(b) Pickering's decision to fly solo.
(c) Pickering's choice of a replacement.
(d) Pickering's decision to go to battle.
11. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
(a) The Third Marine Division.
(b) The First Marine Division.
(c) The Fourth Marine Division.
(d) The Second Marine Division.
12. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
(a) Using the phone.
(b) By remembering it.
(c) Using radio.
(d) On paper.
13. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(b) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
(c) Schneider is by the book.
(d) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
14. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
(a) The parking lot.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The lobby.
(d) A bakery.
15. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
(a) 30 men.
(b) 15 men.
(c) 20 men.
(d) 25 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
2. What decision does Pickering make?
3. Who can Ellen not reach at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
5. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)