|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 11, 1942.
(b) July 8, 1942.
(c) July 5, 1942.
(d) July 1, 1942.
2. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
3. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He wants reinforcements for them.
(b) He will stay with them.
(c) He wants to support them from afar.
(d) He wants to leave the Island.
4. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
(a) He fell for a German woman.
(b) He fell for a British woman,
(c) He fell for a Gapanese woman.
(d) He fell for an African American woman.
5. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese planes.
(b) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
(c) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(d) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
6. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
(a) Who sent it.
(b) If the Japanese know where their fleet is.
(c) How many troops are sent to Guadalcanal.
(d) Where Yamamoto is.
7. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
(a) The gold he smuggled from China.
(b) The jade he smuggled from China.
(c) The drugs he smuggled from China.
(d) The weapons he smuggled from China.
8. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
(a) That he is imcompetent.
(b) That he is slow.
(c) That he will be more valuable than thought.
(d) That he isn't as smart as he looked.
9. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
(a) A catalina.
(b) A B-24.
(c) A Corsair.
(d) A Tomcat.
10. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In a pool.
(c) In John Moore's bed.
(d) In her room.
11. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(d) The Admiral.
12. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
(a) His lawyer.
(b) Barbara Ward.
(c) His father.
13. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is not liked.
(b) He is disciplined.
(c) He is teased.
(d) He is tolerable.
14. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
(a) As a wise move.
(b) As a step toward marriage.
(c) As a poor move.
(d) As necessary.
15. What is the rank of the soldier accompanying Pickering?
(b) Sergeant Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
2. What does the first plane landing on Guadalcanal leave the island with?
3. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
4. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
5. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)