|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(c) Letters for General Vandergrift.
2. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(b) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
(c) To get Pickering arrested.
(d) To have Moore arrested.
3. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
(a) In 1942.
(b) During WWI.
(c) In 1946.
(d) During training in South Carolina.
4. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 1, 1942.
(b) July 5, 1942.
(c) July 11, 1942.
(d) July 8, 1942.
5. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
(a) To prison.
(b) To serve as a backup for Hon and Moore.
(c) As a base commander.
(d) As a pilot.
6. Who does Pickering leave in charge of his team?
(a) His secretary.
7. What does Moore do during his first assignment?
(a) Bring documents to MacArthur.
(b) Create clear guidelines for document translation.
(c) Translate unknown code.
(d) He decipher the hidden meaning behind the message.
8. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(b) Schneider is by the book.
(c) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
(d) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
9. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
(a) He fell for an African American woman.
(b) He fell for a British woman,
(c) He fell for a Gapanese woman.
(d) He fell for a German woman.
10. Why is Captain Galloway tired in Chapter 11?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is on guard shift every night.
(c) He is training his pilots.
(d) He is testing the planes assigned to his group.
11. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He will stay with them.
(b) He wants reinforcements for them.
(c) He wants to leave the Island.
(d) He wants to support them from afar.
12. Who is Schneider's uncle?
(a) Admiral Wagam.
(b) Markus Knox.
(d) Robert Bixby.
13. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
(a) 15 men.
(b) 25 men.
(c) 30 men.
(d) 20 men.
14. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
15. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
(a) Her relationship with Moore.
(b) Her number of lovers.
(c) Her relationship with Galloway.
(d) Her relationship with Dunn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
2. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
3. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
4. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
5. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)