|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
(a) Her bath.
(b) Her polo match.
(c) Her tennis match.
(d) Her horse backriding.
2. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
(a) Colonel Rixby.
(b) John Moore.
(d) Lt Ward.
3. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To have Moore arrested.
(b) To get Pickering arrested.
(c) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(d) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
4. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In a pool.
(b) In her room.
(c) In John Moore's bed.
(d) In a restaurant.
5. How are women predominantly portrayed by Griffin in "Battleground"?
(a) As less than desirable.
(b) As sisters of main characters.
(c) As trash.
(d) As lovers of main characters.
6. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
(a) They don't have maps of the area.
(b) The US Air Force stop its bombing run.
(c) The US Navy pulls off the island.
(d) Their dead officers are not replaced.
7. Why does Ellen Feller seduce John Moore?
(a) He is well built.
(b) He is rich.
(c) To have someone to protect her.
(d) He has influence.
8. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 1, 1942.
(b) July 11, 1942.
(c) July 8, 1942.
(d) July 5, 1942.
9. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is disciplined.
(b) He is teased.
(c) He is not liked.
(d) He is tolerable.
10. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That Pickering be arrested.
(b) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
(c) That everyone leave the island.
(d) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
11. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
12. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
13. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
(a) A B-24.
(b) A catalina.
(c) A Corsair.
(d) A Tomcat.
14. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
(a) That he speaks Japanese.
(b) That he is a pacifist.
(c) That he works for Pickering.
(d) That he has access to MAGIC documents.
15. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
(a) If the Japanese know where their fleet is.
(b) Where Yamamoto is.
(c) How many troops are sent to Guadalcanal.
(d) Who sent it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
2. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
3. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
4. What instructions has Pickering received?
5. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)