|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
(a) That Pickering must be promoted.
(b) That Pickering must keep a low profile if he decides to stay.
(c) That Pickering must be arrested.
(d) That Pickering must return with them.
2. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
3. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
(a) They don't have maps of the area.
(b) The US Air Force stop its bombing run.
(c) Their dead officers are not replaced.
(d) The US Navy pulls off the island.
4. What is one of the officers of Galloway's group shocked by?
(a) The holes in the strip.
(b) The disregard of regulations.
(c) The state of the planes.
(d) The dirty uniforms.
5. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
(a) A First Sergeant.
(b) A Lieutenant.
(c) A Major.
(d) A Colonel.
6. What is Dailey surprised to learn?
(a) That he is selected for the Navy Cross.
(b) That he is being sent home.
(c) That he is being transferred to Germany.
(d) That he is being reactivated for combat.
7. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
8. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
(b) That Pickering is in the Navy.
(c) That Pickering is dead.
(d) That Pickering is alive.
9. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
10. Who does Pickering send a message to in Chapter 16?
(c) The President.
11. What is Pickering put in charge of?
(a) Medical care on the island.
(b) Food on the island.
(c) Ammunition on the island.
(d) Intelligence on the island.
12. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
(a) In 1946.
(b) During training in South Carolina.
(c) During WWI.
(d) In 1942.
13. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
(b) San Diego.
(c) Pearl Harbor
14. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 11, 1942.
(b) July 5, 1942.
(c) July 8, 1942.
(d) July 1, 1942.
15. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
(a) In his hotel.
(b) At Water Lily Cottage.
(d) At a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
2. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
3. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
4. Who is Schneider's uncle?
5. What happens during the Guadalcanal landing of the troops?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)