|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
(b) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
(c) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(d) A large group of Japanese planes.
2. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
(a) To send him to safety as quickly as possible.
(b) To arrest him.
(c) To give him a fighting unit to command.
(d) To keep him.
3. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) To balance his time well.
(b) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(c) To stay safe.
(d) To lead by example.
4. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
5. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) Pluto Hon.
(b) Commander Feldt.
(c) John Moore.
(d) Colonel Goettge.
6. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
(a) A Colonel.
(b) A Lieutenant.
(c) A Major.
(d) A First Sergeant.
7. What is George Dailey's rank?
8. What does Ellen try to do, but fails at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Get Moore to pass a letter to Pickering.
(b) Get Dailey to spy on Moore.
(c) Get Moore to marry her.
(d) Prevent Moore from living.
9. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
(a) That Colonel Dailey wants to be assigned to him.
(b) That Colonel Dailey wants to meet him.
(c) That Colonel Dailey wants a favor from him.
(d) That Colonel Dailey wants Pickering to be assigned to his team.
10. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 11, 1942.
(b) July 5, 1942.
(c) July 1, 1942.
(d) July 8, 1942.
11. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That everyone leave the island.
(b) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(c) That Pickering be arrested.
(d) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
12. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
13. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
(a) His new rank.
(b) His raise.
(c) His extension of work.
(d) His time in Japan.
14. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
(a) A Corsair.
(b) A B-24.
(c) A catalina.
(d) A Tomcat.
15. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
(b) That Pickering is alive.
(c) That Pickering is dead.
(d) That Pickering is in the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
2. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
3. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
4. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
5. Who does Pickering leave in charge of his team?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)