|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(c) The Admiral.
2. What shocks the reader?
(a) Pickering's decision to leave.
(b) Pickering's choice of a replacement.
(c) Pickering's decision to go to battle.
(d) Pickering's decision to fly solo.
3. What decision does Pickering make?
(a) To take a leave of absence.
(b) To go home.
(c) To fly a Wildcat.
(d) To go battle.
4. What is Dailey surprised to learn?
(a) That he is selected for the Navy Cross.
(b) That he is being transferred to Germany.
(c) That he is being sent home.
(d) That he is being reactivated for combat.
5. What is the rank of the soldier accompanying Pickering?
(b) Sergeant Major.
6. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His wife.
7. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
(a) As a pilot.
(b) To prison.
(c) As a base commander.
(d) To serve as a backup for Hon and Moore.
8. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
9. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
10. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He is not good.
(b) He has a heart murmur.
(c) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(d) He wasn't good enough at math.
11. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
12. What is one of the officers of Galloway's group shocked by?
(a) The disregard of regulations.
(b) The dirty uniforms.
(c) The state of the planes.
(d) The holes in the strip.
13. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
(a) The parking lot.
(b) A bakery.
(c) The lobby.
(d) A restaurant.
14. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
(a) As a poor move.
(b) As necessary.
(c) As a step toward marriage.
(d) As a wise move.
15. How many men does Captain Goettge take on patrol?
(a) 30 men.
(b) 15 men.
(c) 25 men.
(d) 20 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women attend the reunion in Chapter 10?
2. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
3. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
4. Why does Ellen Feller seduce John Moore?
5. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)