|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Captain Galloway tired in Chapter 11?
(a) He is testing the planes assigned to his group.
(b) He is training his pilots.
(c) He is on guard shift every night.
(d) He is sick.
2. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
(a) The lobby.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bakery.
(d) The parking lot.
3. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
(a) His time in Japan.
(b) His extension of work.
(c) His raise.
(d) His new rank.
4. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
(a) The reason for how he is treated.
(b) That his leader knows best.
(c) That wars don't need understanding.
(d) That wars are not fought by the book.
5. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
6. What shocks the reader?
(a) Pickering's choice of a replacement.
(b) Pickering's decision to leave.
(c) Pickering's decision to go to battle.
(d) Pickering's decision to fly solo.
7. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
(a) That Pickering must keep a low profile if he decides to stay.
(b) That Pickering must return with them.
(c) That Pickering must be promoted.
(d) That Pickering must be arrested.
8. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
(a) That he is a nice man.
(b) That he is too good to be sent to the front line.
(c) That he is a dreamer.
(d) That he is full of his own importance.
9. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(b) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
(c) Schneider is by the book.
(d) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
10. What does Moore receive after delivering the message?
(a) A letter from his lawyer.
(b) A letter from his father.
(c) A letter from mother.
(d) A letter from Barbara.
11. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
(b) Lt Ward.
(c) Colonel Rixby.
(d) John Moore.
12. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
(a) To keep him.
(b) To send him to safety as quickly as possible.
(c) To arrest him.
(d) To give him a fighting unit to command.
13. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering is dead.
(b) That Pickering is alive.
(c) That Pickering is in the Navy.
(d) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
14. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
15. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Hon and Dailey.
(b) Dailey and Moore.
(c) Moore and Hon.
(d) Moore alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
2. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
3. What does Ellen try to do, but fails at the end of Chapter 17?
4. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
5. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)