|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
(a) Her relationship with Dunn.
(b) Her relationship with Moore.
(c) Her relationship with Galloway.
(d) Her number of lovers.
2. What does Moore do during his first assignment?
(a) Create clear guidelines for document translation.
(b) Bring documents to MacArthur.
(c) Translate unknown code.
(d) He decipher the hidden meaning behind the message.
3. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
4. What position is Pickering elevated to?
(a) Supply Division Officer.
(b) First Sergeant.
(c) Division Executive officer
(d) Intelligence Division Officer.
5. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
(a) That his leader knows best.
(b) The reason for how he is treated.
(c) That wars don't need understanding.
(d) That wars are not fought by the book.
6. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
(a) That Pickering must keep a low profile if he decides to stay.
(b) That Pickering must be promoted.
(c) That Pickering must be arrested.
(d) That Pickering must return with them.
7. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He is not good.
(b) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(c) He wasn't good enough at math.
(d) He has a heart murmur.
8. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
(a) His time in Japan.
(b) His new rank.
(c) His extension of work.
(d) His raise.
9. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
(b) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
(c) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(d) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
10. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
(a) His conscience.
(b) Navy lore.
(c) Army lore.
(d) Marine lore.
11. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(a) Letters for General Vandergrift.
12. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
13. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
(a) He fell for a British woman,
(b) He fell for a German woman.
(c) He fell for an African American woman.
(d) He fell for a Gapanese woman.
14. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(b) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
(c) That Pickering be arrested.
(d) That everyone leave the island.
15. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering is alive.
(b) That Pickering is dead.
(c) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
(d) That Pickering is in the Navy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
2. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
3. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
4. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
5. Who does Pickering send a message to in Chapter 16?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)