|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
(a) The Fourth Marine Division.
(b) The Second Marine Division.
(c) The First Marine Division.
(d) The Third Marine Division.
2. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
(a) The reason for how he is treated.
(b) That his leader knows best.
(c) That wars are not fought by the book.
(d) That wars don't need understanding.
3. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
4. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 1, 1942.
(b) July 8, 1942.
(c) July 11, 1942.
(d) July 5, 1942.
5. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
(a) During WWI.
(b) During training in South Carolina.
(c) In 1942.
(d) In 1946.
6. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
(a) That Colonel Dailey wants Pickering to be assigned to his team.
(b) That Colonel Dailey wants to be assigned to him.
(c) That Colonel Dailey wants to meet him.
(d) That Colonel Dailey wants a favor from him.
7. What is George Dailey's rank?
8. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
(a) That he is a dreamer.
(b) That he is a nice man.
(c) That he is full of his own importance.
(d) That he is too good to be sent to the front line.
9. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering arrested.
(b) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
(c) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(d) To have Moore arrested.
10. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
(a) He fell for a British woman,
(b) He fell for a Gapanese woman.
(c) He fell for a German woman.
(d) He fell for an African American woman.
11. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The parking lot.
(c) The lobby.
(d) A bakery.
12. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That Pickering be arrested.
(b) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
(c) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(d) That everyone leave the island.
13. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
(a) Army lore.
(b) Navy lore.
(c) His conscience.
(d) Marine lore.
14. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) To balance his time well.
(b) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(c) To lead by example.
(d) To stay safe.
15. Who does Pickering leave in charge of his team?
(a) His secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
2. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
3. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
4. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
5. What school did Schneider go to?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)