|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In a pool.
(c) In John Moore's bed.
(d) In her room.
2. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(c) The Admiral.
3. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
4. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
(a) How many troops are sent to Guadalcanal.
(b) Where Yamamoto is.
(c) If the Japanese know where their fleet is.
(d) Who sent it.
5. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(a) Letters for General Vandergrift.
6. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
(a) That Colonel Dailey wants Pickering to be assigned to his team.
(b) That Colonel Dailey wants to be assigned to him.
(c) That Colonel Dailey wants a favor from him.
(d) That Colonel Dailey wants to meet him.
7. What is one of the officers of Galloway's group shocked by?
(a) The disregard of regulations.
(b) The dirty uniforms.
(c) The state of the planes.
(d) The holes in the strip.
8. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) Pluto Hon.
(b) Colonel Goettge.
(c) John Moore.
(d) Commander Feldt.
9. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(b) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
(c) To get Pickering arrested.
(d) To have Moore arrested.
10. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
(a) Using radio.
(b) On paper.
(c) Using the phone.
(d) By remembering it.
11. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
(a) The weapons he smuggled from China.
(b) The jade he smuggled from China.
(c) The gold he smuggled from China.
(d) The drugs he smuggled from China.
12. What is George Dailey's rank?
13. What does the first plane landing on Guadalcanal leave the island with?
(b) Letters from soldiers.
(c) Two wounded soldiers.
14. What instructions has Pickering received?
(a) Not to place himself in harm's way.
(b) To stay safe.
(c) To balance his time well.
(d) To lead by example.
15. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(b) Schneider is by the book.
(c) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
(d) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
2. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
3. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
4. What is Goettge's rank?
5. Who can Ellen not reach at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)