|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In a pool.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In John Moore's bed.
(d) In her room.
2. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering is in the Navy.
(b) That Pickering is alive.
(c) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
(d) That Pickering is dead.
3. What does Moore do during his first assignment?
(a) Bring documents to MacArthur.
(b) Translate unknown code.
(c) Create clear guidelines for document translation.
(d) He decipher the hidden meaning behind the message.
4. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
(b) Washington State.
(c) New York.
5. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is disciplined.
(b) He is teased.
(c) He is tolerable.
(d) He is not liked.
6. What is Pickering put in charge of?
(a) Food on the island.
(b) Intelligence on the island.
(c) Medical care on the island.
(d) Ammunition on the island.
7. Why does Ellen Feller seduce John Moore?
(a) To have someone to protect her.
(b) He is well built.
(c) He is rich.
(d) He has influence.
8. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
(a) The jade he smuggled from China.
(b) The drugs he smuggled from China.
(c) The gold he smuggled from China.
(d) The weapons he smuggled from China.
9. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is by the book.
(b) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
(c) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
(d) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
10. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
(a) It is better than the U.S Navy HQ.
(b) It is lax.
(c) It is almost invisible.
(d) It the highest he could imagine.
11. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) John Moore.
(b) Pluto Hon.
(c) Commander Feldt.
(d) Colonel Goettge.
12. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
13. Who does Lt Donnelly send to fetch Moore at the start of Chapter 11?
14. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) Transport a message.
(b) Change to plain clothes.
(c) Report for cryptography training.
(d) Pick up people at the airport.
15. What does the first plane on Guadalcanal transport?
(a) Letters for General Vandergrift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
2. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
3. Who asks after the whereabouts of Pickering?
4. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
5. Where does Chapter 14 open?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)