|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
(a) His father.
(c) His lawyer.
(d) Barbara Ward.
2. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
3. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He wants reinforcements for them.
(b) He wants to support them from afar.
(c) He will stay with them.
(d) He wants to leave the Island.
4. What position is Pickering elevated to?
(a) First Sergeant.
(b) Division Executive officer
(c) Supply Division Officer.
(d) Intelligence Division Officer.
5. Where is Fowler's office?
(a) The Pentagon.
(b) The US senate building.
(c) The Foster Lafayette Hotel.
(d) The Capitol.
6. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
(b) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(c) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
(d) A large group of Japanese planes.
7. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
(a) It is lax.
(b) It is almost invisible.
(c) It the highest he could imagine.
(d) It is better than the U.S Navy HQ.
8. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
(a) As a step toward marriage.
(b) As a poor move.
(c) As necessary.
(d) As a wise move.
9. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
(b) To have Moore arrested.
(c) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(d) To get Pickering arrested.
10. Who confronts Hon about Moore?
(a) A First Sergeant.
(b) A Lieutenant.
(c) A Colonel.
(d) A Major.
11. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
(a) That he is full of his own importance.
(b) That he is too good to be sent to the front line.
(c) That he is a nice man.
(d) That he is a dreamer.
12. What does the first plane landing on Guadalcanal leave the island with?
(b) Two wounded soldiers.
(d) Letters from soldiers.
13. What does Ellen try to do, but fails at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Get Moore to marry her.
(b) Prevent Moore from living.
(c) Get Dailey to spy on Moore.
(d) Get Moore to pass a letter to Pickering.
14. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In her room.
(c) In John Moore's bed.
(d) In a pool.
15. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
2. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
3. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
4. What does Hon forbid Moore to talk about?
5. When does Chapter 10 open?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)