|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
(a) Where Yamamoto is.
(b) Who sent it.
(c) If the Japanese know where their fleet is.
(d) How many troops are sent to Guadalcanal.
2. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
(b) Schneider is by the book.
(c) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(d) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
3. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Moore and Hon.
(b) Hon and Dailey.
(c) Moore alone.
(d) Dailey and Moore.
4. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
5. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He wasn't good enough at math.
(b) He has a heart murmur.
(c) He is not good.
(d) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
6. What decision does Pickering make?
(a) To go battle.
(b) To go home.
(c) To take a leave of absence.
(d) To fly a Wildcat.
7. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
(b) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(c) That everyone leave the island.
(d) That Pickering be arrested.
8. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
(a) That he is imcompetent.
(b) That he isn't as smart as he looked.
(c) That he is slow.
(d) That he will be more valuable than thought.
9. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
10. What does the first plane landing on Guadalcanal leave the island with?
(a) Letters from soldiers.
(b) Two wounded soldiers.
11. What is Pickering put in charge of?
(a) Ammunition on the island.
(b) Medical care on the island.
(c) Intelligence on the island.
(d) Food on the island.
12. What is Dailey surprised to learn?
(a) That he is selected for the Navy Cross.
(b) That he is being reactivated for combat.
(c) That he is being sent home.
(d) That he is being transferred to Germany.
13. What shocks the reader?
(a) Pickering's decision to fly solo.
(b) Pickering's choice of a replacement.
(c) Pickering's decision to leave.
(d) Pickering's decision to go to battle.
14. What doesn't HQ know about Moore?
(a) That he speaks Japanese.
(b) That he works for Pickering.
(c) That he is a pacifist.
(d) That he has access to MAGIC documents.
15. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(d) The Admiral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could Hon and Pickering face if someone found about Moore?
2. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
3. What does Ellen Feller fear her husband hid?
4. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
5. Who does Pickering leave in charge of his team?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)