|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
(a) In 1942.
(b) During training in South Carolina.
(c) During WWI.
(d) In 1946.
2. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
(a) Washington State.
(c) New York.
3. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
(a) Schneider follows Galloway without question.
(b) Schneider is oblivious to how others feel about him.
(c) Schneider is by the book.
(d) Schneider is brutal in wartime.
4. What does Vandergrift order at the start of Chapter 16?
(a) That everyone leave the island.
(b) That Pickering be given carte blanche.
(c) That Pickering be arrested.
(d) That no intelligence officer be put in harm's way.
5. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
6. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
(b) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(c) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
(d) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
7. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
(a) The Second Marine Division.
(b) The Fourth Marine Division.
(c) The Third Marine Division.
(d) The First Marine Division.
8. Where is Ellen Feller at the start of Chapter 17?
(a) In John Moore's bed.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) In a pool.
(d) In her room.
9. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is teased.
(b) He is tolerable.
(c) He is not liked.
(d) He is disciplined.
10. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering arrested.
(b) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(c) To have Moore arrested.
(d) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
11. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He wasn't good enough at math.
(b) He has a heart murmur.
(c) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(d) He is not good.
12. When does Chapter 10 open?
(a) July 8, 1942.
(b) July 11, 1942.
(c) July 1, 1942.
(d) July 5, 1942.
13. Where is Major Dillon on July 5, 1942?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Pearl Harbor
14. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(a) The Admiral.
15. What is Goettge's rank?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
2. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
3. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
4. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
5. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)