|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(b) A large group of Japanese planes.
(c) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
(d) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
2. What message does Moore agree to pass on to Major Banning?
(a) That Colonel Dailey wants a favor from him.
(b) That Colonel Dailey wants to be assigned to him.
(c) That Colonel Dailey wants to meet him.
(d) That Colonel Dailey wants Pickering to be assigned to his team.
3. Why is Dailey sent to the South Pacific?
(a) To prison.
(b) As a base commander.
(c) To serve as a backup for Hon and Moore.
(d) As a pilot.
4. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
(a) At Water Lily Cottage.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In his hotel.
5. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
(a) That he isn't as smart as he looked.
(b) That he is imcompetent.
(c) That he is slow.
(d) That he will be more valuable than thought.
6. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
(a) Barbara Ward.
(b) His father.
(d) His lawyer.
7. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
8. What school did Schneider go to?
9. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
(a) A bakery.
(b) The parking lot.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The lobby.
10. How many destroyers unload supplies in Guadalcanal?
11. Who reprimands Schneider for his lack of understanding of how things work in the time of war in Chapter 12?
(b) Colonel Rixby.
(c) John Moore.
(d) Lt Ward.
12. What does Ellen Feller finish at Water Lily Cottage?
(a) Her tennis match.
(b) Her horse backriding.
(c) Her polo match.
(d) Her bath.
13. What is the rank of the soldier accompanying Pickering?
(d) Sergeant Major.
14. What does MacArthur's office claim not to know?
(a) That Pickering is in the Navy.
(b) That Pickering is alive.
(c) That Pickering was supposed to be in the U.S.
(d) That Pickering is dead.
15. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He is not good.
(b) He wasn't good enough at math.
(c) He has a heart murmur.
(d) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
2. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
3. What happens during the Guadalcanal landing of the troops?
4. Why is Captain Galloway tired in Chapter 11?
5. How many messages does Hon bring to MacArthur?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)