|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
(b) The Admiral.
2. Who is Moore writing a letter to in Chapter 10?
(a) His father.
(b) Barbara Ward.
(c) His lawyer.
3. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
(a) Her relationship with Dunn.
(b) Her number of lovers.
(c) Her relationship with Galloway.
(d) Her relationship with Moore.
4. Who is Schneider's uncle?
(a) Admiral Wagam.
(b) Markus Knox.
(c) Robert Bixby.
5. Where is Moore approached by Colonel Dailey?
(a) The lobby.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The parking lot.
(d) A bakery.
6. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
7. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
(b) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(c) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
(d) A large group of Japanese planes.
8. What is George Dailey's rank?
9. What is Goettge's rank?
10. What does Knox tell Admiral Nimitz?
(a) To get Pickering off Guadalcanal.
(b) To get Pickering arrested.
(c) To get Moore on Guadalcanal.
(d) To have Moore arrested.
11. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He will stay with them.
(b) He wants to support them from afar.
(c) He wants reinforcements for them.
(d) He wants to leave the Island.
12. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
(a) He fell for a German woman.
(b) He fell for a Gapanese woman.
(c) He fell for a British woman,
(d) He fell for an African American woman.
13. Why do the Marines at Guadalcanal feel abandoned?
(a) They don't have maps of the area.
(b) The US Navy pulls off the island.
(c) Their dead officers are not replaced.
(d) The US Air Force stop its bombing run.
14. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
(a) Using radio.
(b) By remembering it.
(c) Using the phone.
(d) On paper.
15. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Vandergrift's orders for Pickering?
2. What does Ellen think of her decision to sleep with Pickering?
3. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
4. Where does Chapter 14 open?
5. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)