|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dailey first assigned before going back to the US?
(a) The South Atlantic Front.
(b) The Pacific Front.
(c) North Africa.
(d) The German front.
2. Where are the ships for the invasion of the Solomon Island loaded?
3. What does Ellen think of Dailey?
(a) That he is too good to be sent to the front line.
(b) That he is a dreamer.
(c) That he is full of his own importance.
(d) That he is a nice man.
4. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is disciplined.
(b) He is teased.
(c) He is not liked.
(d) He is tolerable.
5. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
(a) Moore alone.
(b) Moore and Hon.
(c) Hon and Dailey.
(d) Dailey and Moore.
6. What is one of the officers of Galloway's group shocked by?
(a) The holes in the strip.
(b) The dirty uniforms.
(c) The disregard of regulations.
(d) The state of the planes.
7. What does Pickering's message say about his intention towards the Marines on Guadalcanal?
(a) He wants to support them from afar.
(b) He wants reinforcements for them.
(c) He will stay with them.
(d) He wants to leave the Island.
8. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
9. Where does Dailey meet with MacArthur?
10. Why do Hon and Pickering decide to not tell their superior about Moore's work?
(a) Because their superior would want to get him for their team.
(b) Because their superior would not accept to pay for another analyst.
(c) Because their superior would not want someone that good in Australia.
(d) Because their superior would not want someone else knowing so much about Allied plans.
11. What message do the Naval officers bring on Guadalcanal?
(a) That Pickering must be promoted.
(b) That Pickering must be arrested.
(c) That Pickering must keep a low profile if he decides to stay.
(d) That Pickering must return with them.
12. What do the Coastwatchers of Buka see in Chapter 14?
(a) A large group of Japanese submarines.
(b) A large group of Japanese destroyers.
(c) A large group of Japanese landing barges.
(d) A large group of Japanese planes.
13. What does Moore think of the security at The Elms?
(a) It is lax.
(b) It is almost invisible.
(c) It the highest he could imagine.
(d) It is better than the U.S Navy HQ.
14. How is Moore supposed to transport the message to Major Banning?
(a) By remembering it.
(b) Using radio.
(c) On paper.
(d) Using the phone.
15. What could Hon and Pickering face if someone found about Moore?
(a) Reasignment to the front.
(b) Court martial and prison.
(c) Dishonnorable discharge.
(d) Court martial and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group is the message Moore transported bad news for?
2. Where did Stecker first meet Pickering?
3. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
4. How many men survived Goettge's patrol?
5. Why does David Schneider have difficulty understanding the issue mentioned in Question #111?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)