|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the aviators' feelings toward David Schneider according to Chapter 13?
(a) He is disciplined.
(b) He is not liked.
(c) He is tolerable.
(d) He is teased.
2. Who gets drunk during the meeting in Chapter 10?
(a) Pluto Hon.
(b) John Moore.
(c) Colonel Goettge.
(d) Commander Feldt.
3. What is one of the officers of Galloway's group shocked by?
(a) The state of the planes.
(b) The dirty uniforms.
(c) The disregard of regulations.
(d) The holes in the strip.
4. What is Moore ordered to do at the start of Chapter 10?
(a) Report for cryptography training.
(b) Transport a message.
(c) Pick up people at the airport.
(d) Change to plain clothes.
5. What does Pickering call upon to rationalize his behavior?
(a) Army lore.
(b) Marine lore.
(c) Navy lore.
(d) His conscience.
6. What is the first plane that lands on Guadalcanal?
(a) A Tomcat.
(b) A catalina.
(c) A B-24.
(d) A Corsair.
7. Where does Moore show Ellen the message he received?
(a) At Water Lily Cottage.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) In his hotel.
8. What does Hon realize after Moore's first assignment?
(a) That he is slow.
(b) That he is imcompetent.
(c) That he isn't as smart as he looked.
(d) That he will be more valuable than thought.
9. Why was Dailey's status as a pilot rescinded?
(a) He has a heart murmur.
(b) He wasn't good enough at math.
(c) He tried to fly home to the US with his plane.
(d) He is not good.
10. Why is Mary Agnes considered a low level character?
(a) Her number of lovers.
(b) Her relationship with Galloway.
(c) Her relationship with Dunn.
(d) Her relationship with Moore.
11. What does David Schneider have trouble understanding?
(a) That wars don't need understanding.
(b) The reason for how he is treated.
(c) That wars are not fought by the book.
(d) That his leader knows best.
12. What is Fowler the Senator of according to Chapter 15?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington State.
13. Why is Dailey's reputation tarnished?
(a) He fell for a Gapanese woman.
(b) He fell for a British woman,
(c) He fell for a German woman.
(d) He fell for an African American woman.
14. How many Wildcats does Galloway hope to have operational in his group?
15. What decision does Pickering make?
(a) To go battle.
(b) To take a leave of absence.
(c) To fly a Wildcat.
(d) To go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Hon and Moore discuss the coldness of?
2. Where does Chapter 14 open?
3. Who is being considered as replacements to Goettge, Cory and Ringer?
4. Who is in charge of keeping David Schneider from entering a sexual and emotional relationship?
5. What do Hon and his team try to determine from the message intercepted from the Japanese?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)