|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the team of Australians left behind enemy lines to gather intelligence called?
(a) The Gatherers.
(b) The Coastwatcher Establishment.
(c) The Aussi Establishment.
(d) The Air Pattern Establishment.
2. What special detachment does Sgt Rutterman and Captain Sessions want to enlist a special recruit to?
(a) Special Department 14.
(b) Special Department 24.
(c) Special Department 15.
(d) Special Department 17.
3. What does Nurse Flo Kocharski secretly do?
(a) Change medical records.
(d) Sneak documents out.
4. What does Dunn have before the battle?
(a) Just a glass of water.
(b) A large breakfast.
5. What does General Harris think of Dillon's mission?
(a) It is premature.
(b) It is unfeasible.
(c) It is a waste of time.
(d) It is essential.
6. What is Barbara Ward's marital status?
(c) Married and happy.
(d) Married, but separated.
7. What degree did Moore get?
(c) Oriental Languages.
8. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
(a) Take pictures for newspapers back in the U.S.
(b) Make daily radio broadcasts for the Japanese to hear.
(c) Make a movie of their battles.
(d) Record soldiers' views on the war.
9. Where is the Marine Air Group HQ located?
(c) Pearl Harbor.
10. What carrier does Captain Galloway land on after the attack of Pearl Harbor?
(a) The Essex.
(b) The Boxer.
(c) The Saratoga.
(d) The Midway.
11. What division is General Harris the deputy commander of?
(a) Second Marine Division.
(b) First Marine Division.
(c) Fourth Marine Division.
(d) Third Marine Division.
12. What does Dawkins present Lt Dun with in the Hospital?
(a) A letter of reprimand.
(b) A letter of dismissal.
(c) The Navy Cross.
(d) The Purple Heart.
13. Who does MacArthur send a cable to following Pickering's information?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Admiral June 8 1942.
(c) Colonelt grilly.
(d) The President.
14. When does Chapter 2 open?
(a) June 6, 1942.
(b) June 10, 1942.
(c) June 12, 1942.
(d) June 8, 1942.
15. What does Moore not have much of?
(a) Respect for his mother.
(b) Respect for the Navy.
(c) Respect for his father.
(d) Respect for the Japanese.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Dunn told not to fly?
2. Who was Pickering picked by for his assignment?
3. What does the man knocking at Pickering's door refuse to do?
4. What is the topic of the heated discussion between Dawkins and Galloway?
5. What does Moore discover when he asks McCoy about his nickname?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)