|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pickering set Moore up?
(a) A local hotel.
(b) The Major's house.
(c) A local's house.
(d) A tent.
2. What does Dunn forget to do when the battle begins?
(a) Get his guns ready.
(b) Radio his position.
(c) Put his gloves on.
(d) Get his goggles on.
3. What does Nurse Flo Kocharski secretly do?
(a) Change medical records.
(d) Sneak documents out.
4. What is Captain Galloway's punishment after his action following Pearl Harbor?
(a) He was transferred to a training squadron.
(b) He was grounded.
(c) He was transfered to a bomber squadron.
(d) He was demoted and sent stateside.
5. What degree did Moore get?
(a) Oriental Languages.
6. When does Moore board a seaplane for Pearl Harbor?
(a) June 20, 1942.
(b) June 27, 1942.
(c) June 22, 1942.
(d) June 25, 1942.
7. What does Moore not have much of?
(a) Respect for the Navy.
(b) Respect for the Japanese.
(c) Respect for his father.
(d) Respect for his mother.
8. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
(a) Take pictures for newspapers back in the U.S.
(b) Make daily radio broadcasts for the Japanese to hear.
(c) Make a movie of their battles.
(d) Record soldiers' views on the war.
9. Where was John Moore born?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Saint Louis.
10. Who does Galloway ask to be assigned to his unit?
(a) Captain Richardson.
(b) Major Dowel.
(c) John Moore.
(d) Tech Sgt Oblensky.
11. What is Dunn's opinion of Schneider?
(a) He is a book worm.
(b) He is a pompous elitist.
(c) He is a funny guy.
(d) He is a simple guy.
12. When does Chapter 3 open?
(a) June 15, 1942.
(b) June 17, 1942.
(c) June 1, 1942.
(d) June 5. 1942.
13. Where does the beautiful older woman Moore sees in Chapter 5 get off the train?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
14. What are the Japanese buildings on the island discussed in Chapter 9?
(a) A plane factory.
(b) A new airfield.
(c) A new resupply base.
(d) A boat repair facility.
15. What island do Pickering, Major Banning and Pluto Hon discuss after deciding Moore's assignment?
(d) The Mariannes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Barbara Ward's marital status?
2. What rank is Hon?
3. What does Galloway retrieve at the start of Chapter 8?
4. Who is Moore a descendant of?
5. What does the nurse who bathes Dunn ask him to do after he is released from the hospital?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)