|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What planes are sent to fight the Japanese?
(a) Buffalo and Corsairs.
(b) Corsairs and P-38.
(c) Wildcats and P-38.
(d) Buffalo and Wildcats.
2. Who is Andrew's Foster's son?
(a) Major Koffler.
(c) John Moore.
(d) Malcolm Pickering.
3. What is Jack Dillon assigned to the First Marine Division for?
(a) Take pictures for newspapers back in the U.S.
(b) Make a movie of their battles.
(c) Make daily radio broadcasts for the Japanese to hear.
(d) Record soldiers' views on the war.
4. What does Dawkins do for Captain Galloway?
(a) He helps have him reinstated in active forces in the Pacific.
(b) He promotes him.
(c) He helps him get work at home.
(d) He excuses some of his absences.
5. What is Moore's father's occupation?
6. How long after the phone call to Major Humphrey is Session's plane schedule to land?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
7. What does Dunn have before the battle?
(c) A large breakfast.
(d) Just a glass of water.
8. When does Captain Galloway meet with Lt Colonel Dawkins?
(a) June 20, 1942.
(b) June 22, 1942.
(c) June 27, 1942.
(d) June 25, 1942.
9. What is Barbara Ward's marital status?
(a) Married, but separated.
(b) Married and happy.
10. Where is Moore told he will be living?
(a) Near The Elms.
(b) In the local army camp.
(c) In a hotel near the airport.
(d) In Perth.
11. What division is General Harris the deputy commander of?
(a) Third Marine Division.
(b) Second Marine Division.
(c) Fourth Marine Division.
(d) First Marine Division.
12. Who is Dunn's commanding officer?
(a) Major Parks.
(b) Major Craim.
(c) Major Marks.
(d) Major Erikson.
13. What is Moore apprehensive about at the start of Chapter 4?
(a) His father's reaction to his new assignment.
(b) His brother's reaction to his new assignment.
(c) His mother's reaction to his new assignment.
(d) His sister's reaction to his new assignment.
14. Who is sending the message Pickering is given?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) The President.
(d) The administrative assistant to the Secretary of the Navy.
15. Who is Moore a descendant of?
(a) A wealthy New York family.
(b) A wealthy Pennsylvania family.
(c) A wealthy South Carolina family.
(d) A wealthy California family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the team of Australians left behind enemy lines to gather intelligence called?
2. What was Major Dillon's pre-war occupation?
3. What does Dawkins present Lt Dun with in the Hospital?
4. What is Fleming Pickering's rank?
5. Where does the beautiful older woman Moore sees in Chapter 5 get off the train?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)