|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the phone call to Major Humphrey is Session's plane schedule to land?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
2. What are the Japanese buildings on the island discussed in Chapter 9?
(a) A new resupply base.
(b) A new airfield.
(c) A boat repair facility.
(d) A plane factory.
3. Where is Moore told he will be living?
(a) Near The Elms.
(b) In Perth.
(c) In the local army camp.
(d) In a hotel near the airport.
4. What does Dawkins present Lt Dun with in the Hospital?
(a) A letter of reprimand.
(b) The Purple Heart.
(c) A letter of dismissal.
(d) The Navy Cross.
5. When is Pearl Arbor attacked by the Japanese?
(a) December 9, 1941.
(b) December 7, 1941.
(c) December 5, 1941.
(d) December 12, 1941.
6. When does Chapter 1 open?
(a) June 6, 1942.
(b) June 8, 1942.
(c) June 12, 1942.
(d) June 4, 1942.
7. What is the topic of the heated discussion between Dawkins and Galloway?
(a) The USMC is preventing him from marrying.
(b) The USMC is setting Galloway up for failure.
(c) The USMC is giving him a second chance.
(d) The USMC is giving him bad planes.
8. What is Fleming Pickering's rank?
9. What should be attacked before Rafael according to the Navy?
10. What rank is Hon?
(a) First Lieutenant.
11. What is the rank of the man with Dunn when he wakes up at the hospital?
12. Who was Pickering picked by for his assignment?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) General Swanson.
(d) The Secretary of the Navy.
13. What does Dawkins do for Captain Galloway?
(a) He promotes him.
(b) He excuses some of his absences.
(c) He helps have him reinstated in active forces in the Pacific.
(d) He helps him get work at home.
14. What is Captain Galloway's punishment after his action following Pearl Harbor?
(a) He was transferred to a training squadron.
(b) He was demoted and sent stateside.
(c) He was grounded.
(d) He was transfered to a bomber squadron.
15. Where is the Marine Air Group HQ located?
(c) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dunn's commanding officer?
2. When does Captain Galloway meet with Lt Colonel Dawkins?
3. When are the First Marine Division officers told about the plan to attack the Solomon Islands?
4. What plane is Dunn piloting?
5. How long is Dunn told not to fly?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)