Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter One Abstract
* Chapter 1 begins on June 4, 1942 on Midway Island.
* The Allied forces are at war against the Japanese with the battleground in the Pacific.
* William Charles "Bill" Dunn is about to make his first flight.
* Dunn is frightened because Japanese forces and aircraft are superior.
* Dunn will fly on a Wildcat against the Japanese Zeroes...
This section contains 3,592 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)