|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Maroni have to testify against?
2. Who dies at the end of this section?
3. What does the Riddler think could have been Catwoman's motivation?
4. What was Wayne's father's job?
5. What kind of establishment does Chong own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
2. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
3. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
4. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
5. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
6. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
7. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
8. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
9. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
10. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb blur the lines between good and evil? What does this express about human behavior in general?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is Chief Gordon the moral center of the book? Why is it important for the story to have such a character? How would the meaning of the story change if Gordon was not one of the characters?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)