|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special day in Chapter Ten?
2. What woman does the Riddler suggest could be Holiday?
3. What kind of establishment does Chong own?
4. What is Selina and Wayne's evening interrupted by?
5. Who does Bruce discuss his father's death with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
2. What does Harvey tell his wife in this section?
3. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
4. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
5. How does Dent escape from the hospital?
6. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
7. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
8. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
9. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
10. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is family and the affects a family can have on a person a major part of the story? Choose one character from the story and discuss how their family has affected their actions in the story.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)