|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has escaped from Arkham?
2. Who is on the witness stand in this section?
3. Who does Batman think is Holiday's next victim?
4. What was the name of Wayne's father?
5. How does Bruce react when he sees Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Batman think Maroni is Holiday?
2. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
3. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
4. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
5. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
6. How does Dent escape from the hospital?
7. Why is Mother's Day especially important to Bruce Wayne?
8. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
9. Who is Scarecrow?
10. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Loeb blur the lines between good and evil? What does this express about human behavior in general?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters and discuss their motives and the evidence that suggest they are the Holiday killer.
1. Harvey Dent.
2. Gilda Dent.
3. Alberto Falcone.
Essay Topic 3
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)