|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harvey meet in the sewers?
2. What does Harvey apologize to Batman for?
3. Who does Bruce discuss his father's death with?
4. What does the Riddler think could have been Catwoman's motivation?
5. What has the Scarecrow booby-trapped the decoy with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
2. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
3. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
4. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
5. Who is Scarecrow?
6. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
7. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
8. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
9. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
10. Why is Mother's Day especially important to Bruce Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb blur the lines between good and evil? What does this express about human behavior in general?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)