|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Gilda found in the basement?
2. Who does Bruce discuss his father's death with?
3. Who rescues Batman at the end of the section?
4. What was Wayne's father's job?
5. What does Sofia give Carmine as a Father's Day gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
2. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
3. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
4. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
5. Who is Scarecrow?
6. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
7. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
8. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
9. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
10. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
Essay Topic 2
How is Gotham City different from other American cities? How does Loeb make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the murders happening on specific calender dates in the year? Choose one of the murders and discuss what significance the day that character was killed has on the story?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)