|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
2. What is the special day in this section?
3. What kind of weapon is Mad Hatter carrying?
4. Where does Batman tell Gilda he found gun metal shavings?
5. Who does Batman meet on the roof of the police station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
2. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
3. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
4. Why does Batman think Maroni is Holiday?
5. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
6. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
7. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
8. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
9. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
10. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or hers ideas about life?
3. How has his or hers character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)