|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the gunmaker?
2. Where does the gunsmith live that makes a custom .22 pistol every month?
3. What is Jervis Tetch's alias?
4. What does Jim's son give him for Father's Day?
5. When does Holiday shoot Sal twice in the head?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
2. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
3. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
4. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
5. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
6. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
7. What does Harvey tell his wife in this section?
8. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
9. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
10. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Gotham City different from other American cities? How does Loeb make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters and discuss their motives and the evidence that suggest they are the Holiday killer.
1. Harvey Dent.
2. Gilda Dent.
3. Alberto Falcone.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)