|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Scarecrow and the Mad Hatter want to rob?
2. Who does Batman talk to at the Arkham asylum?
3. What does GIlda say is tearing her and Harvey apart?
4. What kind of weapon is Mad Hatter carrying?
5. Who kills the gunmaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
2. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
3. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
4. How does Dent escape from the hospital?
5. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
6. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
7. Who is Scarecrow?
8. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
9. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
10. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is family and the affects a family can have on a person a major part of the story? Choose one character from the story and discuss how their family has affected their actions in the story.
Essay Topic 3
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)