|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Scarecrow booby-trapped the decoy with?
2. How does Bruce react when he sees Jim?
3. Where does Jim eventually find Bruce?
4. Who rescues Batman at the end of the section?
5. What does Harvey do to calm down Grundy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
2. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
3. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
4. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
5. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
6. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
7. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
8. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
9. Why does Batman think Maroni is Holiday?
10. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)