|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the gunmaker?
2. Who does Bruce discuss his father's death with?
3. What is the special day in this section?
4. Who informs Batman that someone has escaped from Arkham?
5. What has the Scarecrow booby-trapped the decoy with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
2. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
3. What does Harvey tell his wife in this section?
4. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
5. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
6. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
7. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
8. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
9. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
10. Who is Scarecrow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What influence does Alfred have on Bruce Wayne's life? What kind of person would Wayne have become without Alfred's influence?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the super villains such as Joker and Scarecrow seen as freaks of society? How has this label affected them as people? What does such an attitude say about our own society?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)