|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Jim Gordon to move Sal to a new cell?
2. Who kills the gunmaker?
3. Why does the Riddler suggest Carla kill her own son?
4. What does Catwoman do when Batman confronts her?
5. Who does Harvey stab at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
2. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
3. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
4. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
5. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
6. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
7. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
8. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
9. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
10. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Chief Gordon the moral center of the book? Why is it important for the story to have such a character? How would the meaning of the story change if Gordon was not one of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is family and the affects a family can have on a person a major part of the story? Choose one character from the story and discuss how their family has affected their actions in the story.
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)