|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carmine think Batman ignored what Dent was doing?
2. What is Selina and Wayne's evening interrupted by?
3. What does Jim's son give him for Father's Day?
4. What does Julian say he will do if Batman authorizes his release?
5. Where does Gilda find Harvey brooding over the court case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
2. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
3. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
4. Who is Scarecrow?
5. What does Harvey tell his wife in this section?
6. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
7. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
8. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
9. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
10. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Loeb blur the lines between good and evil? What does this express about human behavior in general?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Chief Gordon the moral center of the book? Why is it important for the story to have such a character? How would the meaning of the story change if Gordon was not one of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)