|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Falcone brought to his penthouse to help him with Holiday?
2. Who does Batman meet on the roof of the police station?
3. Who does Dent find in his office at the end of this section?
4. Who informs Batman that someone has escaped from Arkham?
5. What do the Scarecrow and the Mad Hatter want to rob?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
2. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
3. Why does Batman think Maroni is Holiday?
4. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
5. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
6. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
7. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
8. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
9. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
10. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
Essay Topic 2
How is Gotham City different from other American cities? How does Loeb make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)