|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special day in Chapter Seven?
2. Who does Harvey stab at the hospital?
3. What does Harvey do to calm down Grundy?
4. Where does the Gazzo family operate?
5. What kind of weapon is Mad Hatter carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
2. Why does Batman think Maroni is Holiday?
3. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
4. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
5. What does Harvey tell his wife in this section?
6. Who is Scarecrow?
7. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
8. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
9. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
10. Why is Mother's Day especially important to Bruce Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 2
How has the death of Bruce Wayne's parents affected his life? In what way could his dual personality be connected to the death of his parents?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)