|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies at the end of this section?
2. What did Harvey's father give him as a gift?
3. Where does Batman tell Gilda he found gun metal shavings?
4. What has the Scarecrow booby-trapped the decoy with?
5. Who does Dent find in his office at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
2. Who is Scarecrow?
3. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
4. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
5. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
6. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
7. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
8. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
9. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
10. Why is Mother's Day especially important to Bruce Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Loeb try to relate the Batman story to new readers of the series? How do you think older readers would criticize these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
How does Loeb blur the lines between good and evil? What does this express about human behavior in general?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)