|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is being celebrated in Chapter Twelve?
2. What does Vernon give Sal at the door of the courtroom?
3. What kind of weapon is Mad Hatter carrying?
4. Where does Gilda find Harvey brooding over the court case?
5. Where does Batman track the Riddler down to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harvey tell his wife in this section?
2. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
3. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
4. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
5. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
6. Why does Batman think Maroni is Holiday?
7. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
8. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
9. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
10. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 2
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the murders happening on specific calender dates in the year? Choose one of the murders and discuss what significance the day that character was killed has on the story?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)