|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harvey Dent hiding?
2. Who does Maroni have to testify against?
3. What does Vernon give Sal at the door of the courtroom?
4. Who does Bruce discuss his father's death with?
5. What does Julian say he will do if Batman authorizes his release?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
2. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
3. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
4. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
5. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
6. How does Dent escape from the hospital?
7. In what way does the Riddler have a lucky escape in this section?
8. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
9. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
10. Why is Mother's Day especially important to Bruce Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb try to relate the Batman story to new readers of the series? How do you think older readers would criticize these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)