|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian say he will do if Batman authorizes his release?
2. What is the special day in Chapter Seven?
3. What does Jim's son give him for Father's Day?
4. Who does Harvey stab at the hospital?
5. What does the Riddler think could have been Catwoman's motivation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
2. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
3. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
4. What does this section say about the conflict Batman feels between good and evil?
5. How does the fear gas affect Bruce Wayne?
6. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
7. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
8. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
9. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
10. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb try to relate the Batman story to new readers of the series? How do you think older readers would criticize these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)