|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the Scarecrow booby-trapped the decoy with?
2. Where is Batman at the beginning of the section?
3. How does Bruce react when he sees Jim?
4. What was Wayne's father's job?
5. When does Holiday shoot Sal twice in the head?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
2. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
3. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
4. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
5. How do Scarecrow and Mad Hatter rob the bank?
6. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
7. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
8. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
9. Why is Mother's Day especially important to Bruce Wayne?
10. How does Dent escape from the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is Chief Gordon the moral center of the book? Why is it important for the story to have such a character? How would the meaning of the story change if Gordon was not one of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the super villains such as Joker and Scarecrow seen as freaks of society? How has this label affected them as people? What does such an attitude say about our own society?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)