|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is celebrating New Year's with the Dents?
2. What does Batman warn Catwoman to stop doing?
3. What rumor does Harvey suggest the police spread about the Irish gang?
4. What does the Joker steal from the family?
5. Where is Carmine holding her New Year's Eve Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Harvey Dent?
2. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
3. How does Bruce Wayne react when he returns to Wayne Manor?
4. What disagreement do Gordon and Harvey have in this section?
5. Why does the Joker want information about Holiday?
6. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
7. How is the Joker introduced into the story?
8. What do Carmine and Carla fight about in this section?
9. How does the artist present Harvey Dent in the opening section?
10. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is family and the affects a family can have on a person a major part of the story? Choose one character from the story and discuss how their family has affected their actions in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)