|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who turns on the bat signal in this section?
2. What did Batman steal from the Roman's safe?
3. What are the names of the two men who dump Toots' body?
4. What does Carmine threaten Batman with?
5. What is the name of the restaurant Sal and Toots are eating at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues does the murderer leave at the scene of Johnny Vito's death?
2. What problems does Harvey Dent have in this section?
3. Who is Alfred?
4. How do the police contact Batman?
5. What disagreement do Gordon and Harvey have in this section?
6. How does Holiday destroy Sal's restaurant in this section?
7. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
8. Why does Harvey want to release the Irish gang?
9. How do the Irish gang die?
10. Why does Falcone kill Richard Daniel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the murders happening on specific calender dates in the year? Choose one of the murders and discuss what significance the day that character was killed has on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)