|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two men who dump Toots' body?
2. Who does Wayne dance with at the party?
3. Who is killed at the end of this section?
4. Who does Maroni think is behind the Holiday killings?
5. Where is Bruce Wayne at the beginning of the section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harvey explain himself to Gilda at the beginning of this section?
2. Why does Harvey want to release the Irish gang?
3. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
4. What disagreement do Gordon and Batman have on the rooftop?
5. What happened when the lights in the prison went out?
6. How does Scarecrow trap Batman in this section?
7. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
8. What pact do Gordon, Dent and Batman make on the rooftop?
9. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
10. How does Catwoman explain herself to Batman in this section?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the murders happening on specific calender dates in the year? Choose one of the murders and discuss what significance the day that character was killed has on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the super villains such as Joker and Scarecrow seen as freaks of society? How has this label affected them as people? What does such an attitude say about our own society?
This section contains 1,373 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)