|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel the Irish gang is staying at?
2. What does Jim dress Harvey down for endorsing?
3. Where is Bruce Wayne at the beginning of the section?
4. Who does Sal think Holiday is?
5. What does Batman leap onto just before the plane crashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues does the murderer leave at the scene of Johnny Vito's death?
2. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
3. What do Sofia and Carla talk about in this section?
4. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
5. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
6. How does Harvey Dent and his friends get into Falcon's office?
7. What do Carmine and Carla fight about in this section?
8. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
9. What do Batman and Catwoman talk about on the rooftop?
10. How does Gordon find out who Holiday is?
Essay Topic 1
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or hers ideas about life?
3. How has his or hers character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
This section contains 1,364 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)