|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are people celebrating in Chapter Five?
2. What does Jim find is waiting for him at home?
3. Who does Maroni think is behind the Holiday killings?
4. Who is the District Attorney of Gotham City?
5. Who overhears Gordon and Dent talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Riddler think Carla Viti could be the Holiday killer?
2. How does Holiday destroy Sal's restaurant in this section?
3. What do Batman and the Riddler talk about at the bar?
4. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
5. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
6. How is Bruce Wayne's father connected with Falcone?
7. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
8. How does Alfred comfort Wayne in this section?
9. What does Mickey Sullivan tell his men in the prison cell?
10. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Gotham City different from other American cities? How does Loeb make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb blur the lines between good and evil? What does this express about human behavior in general?
Essay Topic 3
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
This section contains 1,395 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)