|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Wayne to stay at the party?
2. What is Alberto Falcone's nickname?
3. What does the Joker eat at the family's house?
4. Where does Batman confront Carmine?
5. What does the peddler use to cut Wayne's finger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disagreement do Gordon and Harvey have in this section?
2. Why does Harvey want to release the Irish gang?
3. What are the Joker's plans on New Year's?
4. Who is Alfred?
5. How do the police contact Batman?
6. What do the Dents and Gordons discuss at their New Years party?
7. What problems does Harvey Dent have in this section?
8. What do Sofia and Carla talk about in this section?
9. How does Bruce Wayne react when he returns to Wayne Manor?
10. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb try to relate the Batman story to new readers of the series? How do you think older readers would criticize these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)