|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the lights went out?
2. What mysterious thing happens as Mickey is led to his cell?
3. Where does the Joker intend to release gas?
4. What is the special day in Chapter Six?
5. What does Batman drop in the sewer for Solomon Grundy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
2. Why does Harvey want to release the Irish gang?
3. How do the Irish gang die?
4. How does Catwoman save Batman in chapter five?
5. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
6. What do Batman and Catwoman talk about on the rooftop?
7. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
8. What do the Dents and Gordons discuss at their New Years party?
9. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
10. What problems does Harvey Dent have in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters and discuss their motives and the evidence that suggest they are the Holiday killer.
1. Harvey Dent.
2. Gilda Dent.
3. Alberto Falcone.
Essay Topic 3
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)