|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Batman meet Selina Kyle?
2. Who is killed at the end of this section?
3. What is Dent doing in Roman's parking garage?
4. Who are Harvey and Jim discussing in the kitchen?
5. How do Dent and Gordon attract Batman's attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Dents and Gordons discuss at their New Years party?
2. How does Holiday destroy Sal's restaurant in this section?
3. How is the Joker introduced into the story?
4. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
5. What clues does the murderer leave at the scene of Johnny Vito's death?
6. How do the Irish gang die?
7. Who is Harvey Dent?
8. Why does the Joker want information about Holiday?
9. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
10. What do Batman and Catwoman talk about on the rooftop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters and discuss their motives and the evidence that suggest they are the Holiday killer.
1. Harvey Dent.
2. Gilda Dent.
3. Alberto Falcone.
Essay Topic 2
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)