|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Catwoman say they can hurt the Roman the most?
2. Who does Sal think Holiday is?
3. Where does Batman aim the plane towards?
4. What rumor does Harvey suggest the police spread about the Irish gang?
5. What do Batman and Gordon offer Julian in return for information?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Falcone kill Richard Daniel?
2. How does Catwoman save Batman in chapter five?
3. What do Carmine and Carla fight about in this section?
4. What do the Dents and Gordons discuss at their New Years party?
5. What does Mickey Sullivan tell his men in the prison cell?
6. How is the Joker introduced into the story?
7. How do the Irish gang die?
8. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
9. How does the artist present Harvey Dent in the opening section?
10. What do Sofia and Carla talk about in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What influence does Alfred have on Bruce Wayne's life? What kind of person would Wayne have become without Alfred's influence?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)