|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carmine think is behind the Holiday killings?
2. What does the Joker eat at the family's house?
3. Who do Gordon and Dent visit at the beginning of Chapter Five?
4. Where is Richard Daniel coming back from when Johnny guns him down?
5. What does Batman warn Catwoman to stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
2. Why does Carmine think Sal is responsible for the Holiday killings?
3. What do Carmine and Carla fight about in this section?
4. What pact do Gordon, Dent and Batman make on the rooftop?
5. What does Mickey Sullivan tell his men in the prison cell?
6. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
7. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
8. What do the Dents and Gordons discuss at their New Years party?
9. How does Catwoman save Batman in chapter five?
10. What do Gordon and Sal both accuse Batman of in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the murders happening on specific calender dates in the year? Choose one of the murders and discuss what significance the day that character was killed has on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a novel and a graphic novel in terms of the following?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)