|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mickey say his gang members must not implicate in their confessions?
2. What is the name of the hotel the Irish gang is staying at?
3. Why does Gilda think she and Harvey will never have children?
4. Where does Catwoman say they can hurt the Roman the most?
5. What has the press dubbed Vito's killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
2. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
3. What do Carmine and Carla fight about in this section?
4. How does Wayne act at the board meeting at Gotham bank?
5. What happened when the lights in the prison went out?
6. How does the artist present Harvey Dent in the opening section?
7. Why does Harvey want to release the Irish gang?
8. Why does Carmine think Sal is responsible for the Holiday killings?
9. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
10. How does Catwoman save Batman in chapter five?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is family and the affects a family can have on a person a major part of the story? Choose one character from the story and discuss how their family has affected their actions in the story.
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb try to relate the Batman story to new readers of the series? How do you think older readers would criticize these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the super villains such as Joker and Scarecrow seen as freaks of society? How has this label affected them as people? What does such an attitude say about our own society?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)