Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard Daniel coming back from when Johnny guns him down?
2. Who do Batman and Gordon hope Mickey will implement in his confession?
3. What does Gilda tell Harvey she wants to try for again?
4. Why does Alfred think Wayne will be out for a long time?
5. Why does Gilda think she and Harvey will never have children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Joker want information about Holiday?
2. What are the Joker's plans on New Year's?
3. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
4. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
5. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
6. How does Wayne act at the board meeting at Gotham bank?
7. What happened when the lights in the prison went out?
8. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
9. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
10. How does Harvey Dent and his friends get into Falcon's office?
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or hers ideas about life?
3. How has his or hers character changed by the end of the book?
Why are the super villains such as Joker and Scarecrow seen as freaks of society? How has this label affected them as people? What does such an attitude say about our own society?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)