|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the peddler use to cut Wayne's finger?
2. What does Harvey buy Gilda for Christmas?
3. What are people celebrating in Chapter Five?
4. Who does Sal think Holiday is?
5. What is Richard Daniel's role at Gotham City bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alberto say he became Holiday?
2. How does Dent escape from the hospital?
3. How does Wayne act at the board meeting at Gotham bank?
4. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
5. Why does Batman think Maroni is Holiday?
6. What does Alfred say on the witness stand at Wayne's trial?
7. What do the Dents and Gordons discuss at their New Years party?
8. Why is Mother's Day especially important to Bruce Wayne?
9. How does Bruce Wayne react when he returns to Wayne Manor?
10. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What influence does Alfred have on Bruce Wayne's life? What kind of person would Wayne have become without Alfred's influence?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the super villains such as Joker and Scarecrow seen as freaks of society? How has this label affected them as people? What does such an attitude say about our own society?
Essay Topic 3
Compare one of the characters to the person he or she was at the beginning of the book to the he or she is at the end.
1. What did he or she hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes his or hers ideas about life?
3. How has his or hers character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)