|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jim Gordon's rank in the Gotham police force?
2. Where is Carla Vita shooting her gun?
3. Who is celebrating New Year's with the Dents?
4. What rumor does Harvey suggest the police spread about the Irish gang?
5. Who is Wayne having dinner with when Catwoman strikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What pact do Gordon, Dent and Batman make on the rooftop?
2. Who is Harvey Dent?
3. How do the Irish gang die?
4. What clues does the murderer leave at the scene of Johnny Vito's death?
5. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
6. How does Catwoman save Batman in chapter five?
7. Who is Calender Man?
8. What do Carmine and Carla fight about in this section?
9. Why does Falcone kill Richard Daniel?
10. What are the Joker's plans on New Year's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is family and the affects a family can have on a person a major part of the story? Choose one character from the story and discuss how their family has affected their actions in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 3
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)