|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mysterious thing happens as Mickey is led to his cell?
2. What does Batman warn Catwoman to stop doing?
3. What does Catwoman use to dispossess Carmine of her gun?
4. Who is celebrating New Year's with the Dents?
5. Who overhears Gordon and Dent talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disagreement do Gordon and Harvey have in this section?
2. What does Mickey Sullivan tell his men in the prison cell?
3. What happened when the lights in the prison went out?
4. What problems does Harvey Dent have in this section?
5. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
6. How does Catwoman save Batman in chapter five?
7. What pact do Gordon, Dent and Batman make on the rooftop?
8. What clues does the murderer leave at the scene of Johnny Vito's death?
9. How does Wayne act at the board meeting at Gotham bank?
10. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the criticisms against vigilante behavior? In what way does Loeb address these criticisms even to the point of putting his super hero in a bad light? Do you agree that Batman's vigilante behavior has played some part in the rise of crime in Gotham?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is family and the affects a family can have on a person a major part of the story? Choose one character from the story and discuss how their family has affected their actions in the story.
Essay Topic 3
How does Loeb try to relate the Batman story to new readers of the series? How do you think older readers would criticize these changes?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)