|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Carmine and Alberto preparing when Carla bursts into the kitchen?
2. Who is celebrating New Year's with the Dents?
3. What has the press dubbed Vito's killer?
4. Who are Harvey and Jim discussing in the kitchen?
5. What is Bruce's body covered with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
2. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
3. Who is Alfred?
4. What pact do Gordon, Dent and Batman make on the rooftop?
5. What do Sofia and Carla talk about in this section?
6. How do the police contact Batman?
7. What does Mickey Sullivan tell his men in the prison cell?
8. How do the Irish gang die?
9. What do Gordon and Sal both accuse Batman of in this section?
10. Who is Harvey Dent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the murders happening on specific calender dates in the year? Choose one of the murders and discuss what significance the day that character was killed has on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following characters and discuss their motives and the evidence that suggest they are the Holiday killer.
1. Harvey Dent.
2. Gilda Dent.
3. Alberto Falcone.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)