|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Carmine think is behind the Holiday killings?
2. What do Batman and Gordon offer Julian in return for information?
3. What crime are Mickey and his gang responsible for?
4. What is Johnny Vito's nickname?
5. Where is Bruce Wayne at the beginning of the section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
2. How does Holiday destroy Sal's restaurant in this section?
3. Who is Calender Man?
4. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
5. What are the Joker's plans on New Year's?
6. Why does Falcone kill Richard Daniel?
7. What pact do Gordon, Dent and Batman make on the rooftop?
8. How do the Irish gang die?
9. What do Sofia and Carla talk about in this section?
10. Who is Harvey Dent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 2
How is Gotham City different from other American cities? How does Loeb make his fantasy world believable?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)