|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dent and Gordon attract Batman's attention?
2. Who does Selina see inside Wayne's limo?
3. What mysterious thing happens as Mickey is led to his cell?
4. Who does Harvey go to visit in hospital?
5. What does the Joker eat at the family's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Harvey Dent?
2. How is the Joker introduced into the story?
3. How does the artist present Harvey Dent in the opening section?
4. Why does Falcone kill Richard Daniel?
5. How does Holiday destroy Sal's restaurant in this section?
6. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
7. Who is Calender Man?
8. Who is Alfred?
9. What does Mickey Sullivan tell his men in the prison cell?
10. How does Wayne act at the board meeting at Gotham bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters and discuss how Loeb's representation of those characters are different from other representations of the same character. Why do you think he represents the character in this way?
1. The Joker.
2. Harvey Dent.
6. Chief Gordon.
Essay Topic 2
How does Loeb try to relate the Batman story to new readers of the series? How do you think older readers would criticize these changes?
Essay Topic 3
How has the death of Bruce Wayne's parents affected his life? In what way could his dual personality be connected to the death of his parents?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)