|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mickey say killed Johnny Vito?
2. Why does Gilda think she and Harvey will never have children?
3. What happened when the lights went out?
4. What does Barbara say is a taboo subject that evening?
5. Who does the Joker accuse Sal of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Harvey Dent have in this section?
2. Why does Harvey want to release the Irish gang?
3. How does the artist present Harvey Dent in the opening section?
4. How does Wayne defeat the Joker in this section?
5. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
6. Who is Alfred?
7. How does Catwoman save Batman in chapter five?
8. How does Alfred respond to Gordon and Harvey questions about Bruce Wayne?
9. What clues does the murderer leave at the scene of Johnny Vito's death?
10. How does Wayne act at the board meeting at Gotham bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the students think are the problems of recreating a comic strip using old characters and settings? How does Loeb try and uses the old characters and settings to create a new meaning? How does this new meaning relate to contemporary society?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 3
How does Loeb blur the lines between good and evil? What does this express about human behavior in general?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)