|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard Daniel coming back from when Johnny guns him down?
2. Who do Batman and Gordon hope Mickey will implement in his confession?
3. What does Gilda tell Harvey she wants to try for again?
4. Why does Alfred think Wayne will be out for a long time?
5. Why does Gilda think she and Harvey will never have children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Joker want information about Holiday?
2. What are the Joker's plans on New Year's?
3. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
4. Why does the Riddler think Catwoman maybe Holiday?
5. What do Gilda and Barbara say about their husbands in this section?
6. How does Wayne act at the board meeting at Gotham bank?
7. What happened when the lights in the prison went out?
8. How does Maroni destroy Dent's life in this section?
9. Why does Wayne refuse to leave Gotham with Selina?
10. How does Harvey Dent and his friends get into Falcon's office?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the murders happening on specific calender dates in the year? Choose one of the murders and discuss what significance the day that character was killed has on the story?
This section contains 1,417 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)