|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Bruce Wayne at the beginning of the section?
2. What does Harvey buy Gilda for Christmas?
3. What are Carmine and Alberto preparing when Carla bursts into the kitchen?
4. What crime are Mickey and his gang responsible for?
5. What does the peddler use to cut Wayne's finger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Harvey Dent have in this section?
2. How does Catwoman save Bruce Wayne from Poison Ivy?
3. What do Batman and Catwoman talk about on the rooftop?
4. What do Gordon and Sal both accuse Batman of in this section?
5. How do the police contact Batman?
6. How does Holiday destroy Sal's restaurant in this section?
7. Who is Calender Man?
8. How is the Joker introduced into the story?
9. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
10. What happened when the lights in the prison went out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the excessive crime in Gotham affecting its law abiding citizens? What examples are there of a violent atmosphere ruining a life and even a person's character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What influence does Alfred have on Bruce Wayne's life? What kind of person would Wayne have become without Alfred's influence?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)