|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harvey revealing to Gilda in this section?
2. What does Jim decide to charge the Irish gang with?
3. What happened when the lights went out?
4. What rumor does Harvey suggest the police spread about the Irish gang?
5. Where is Bruce Wayne at the beginning of the section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carmine think Sal is responsible for the Holiday killings?
2. Why does the Joker want information about Holiday?
3. Why does Falcone kill Richard Daniel?
4. What do Carmine and Carla fight about in this section?
5. What do Batman and Catwoman talk about on the rooftop?
6. Who is Calender Man?
7. Who is Harvey Dent?
8. What clues does the murderer leave at the scene of Johnny Vito's death?
9. What is Batman's relationship with Solomon Grundy?
10. How does Batman cut his finger in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following characters and discuss their motives and the evidence that suggest they are the Holiday killer.
1. Harvey Dent.
2. Gilda Dent.
3. Alberto Falcone.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following statements to write a 400 word critical essay.
1. Loeb includes too many villains into the story and without any reason.
2. The Batman is too flawed and difficult for the reader to relate to.
3. The problem with recreating the Batman story is that most people already know the characters and therefore it difficult to create an atmosphere of drama and suspense.
Essay Topic 3
How has the death of Bruce Wayne's parents affected his life? In what way could his dual personality be connected to the death of his parents?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)