|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bone try to defend herself with against Glen in Chapter 20?
(a) A butter knife.
(b) Aunt Alma's razor.
(c) A rock.
(d) A jar of peanut butter.
2. What book does Bone mention in Chapter 16 that is from Aunt Raylene?
(a) The Wizard of Oz.
(b) Little Women.
(c) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
(d) Huck Finn.
3. After Mama and Bone put Aunt Alma to bed, Mama asks Bone what she thinks about all the time. How does Bone answer?
(a) That she feels like she's going crazy like Aunt Alma.
(b) That she wants to kill Glen.
(c) That she's waiting for Mama to go back to Glen.
(d) That Glen has been molesting her.
4. What kinds of fish did the uncles catch at Aunt Raylene's place near the river?
(a) Bass and trout.
(b) Bass and carp.
(c) Trout and catfish.
(d) Carp and catfish.
5. According to Aunt Raylene, who has a "spirit of meanness" at birth?
(c) Uncle Earle.
6. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
(b) Mean sisters.
(c) Francis Marion.
7. Where is Aunt Alma when Glen shows up to talk to Boone?
(a) In the garden.
(b) At the doctor.
(c) In the house.
(d) Visiting Aunt Raylene.
8. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) Near Easter.
(b) The day before school started.
(c) On the hottest day of summer.
(d) Just before Thanksgiving.
9. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
(b) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
(c) Her wedding announcement.
(d) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
10. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(b) To Raylene's house.
(c) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(d) To Alma's house.
11. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
(a) Aunt Alma.
(b) Patsy Ruth.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
12. Another Boatwright dies in Chapter 18. Who dies?
(a) Aunt Alma's baby.
(d) Tommy Lee.
13. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
(b) Tommy Lee.
14. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He throws her against the wall.
(c) He beats her with a belt.
(d) He yells at her.
15. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
(a) Clothing ripped to shreds.
(b) Pieces of a black cupboard.
(c) Pieces of tire.
(d) 45 rpm record fragments.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
2. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
3. What habit do some of the Boatwright women show when they're nervous?
4. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
5. Who does Deedee say she's seen three times?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)