|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama is silent and Reese is angry in Chapter 18. Who does Bone blame for this?
(a) Uncle Earle.
(b) Aunt Raylene.
2. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(b) To Alma's house.
(c) To Raylene's house.
(d) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
3. The special item that Bone fishes out of the river is carried home in a sack along with what?
(a) Canned food.
(b) Dirty clothes.
(c) Zucchini and cucumbers.
4. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
(a) A man who looks at her as trash.
(b) Daddy Glen in uniform.
(c) An avenging angel.
(d) Someone who doesn't believe her.
5. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He beats her with a belt.
(d) He throws her against the wall.
6. After Mama and Bone put Aunt Alma to bed, Mama asks Bone what she thinks about all the time. How does Bone answer?
(a) That Glen has been molesting her.
(b) That she feels like she's going crazy like Aunt Alma.
(c) That she wants to kill Glen.
(d) That she's waiting for Mama to go back to Glen.
7. After Mama gets Bone to the car, what does she do?
(a) Slaps Glen.
(b) Drives to the hospital.
(c) Holds Glen's head to her belly.
(d) Tries to run Glen over with the car.
8. Who runs off and worked for the carnival when they are young?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Uncle Nevil.
(d) Uncle Beau.
9. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
(a) A motorcycle headlight.
(c) A car tire.
(d) A set of hooks.
10. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
(a) "Don't Be Cruel."
(b) "Honky Tonk Angels."
(c) "Talk Back Trembling Lips."
(d) "Walking After Midnight."
11. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
(c) Uncle Earle.
12. What does Bone try to defend herself with against Glen in Chapter 20?
(a) A jar of peanut butter.
(b) Aunt Alma's razor.
(c) A rock.
(d) A butter knife.
13. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
(b) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(c) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
(d) For yelling at Glen.
14. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
(a) Robinson Crusoe.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) A Wrinkle in Time.
15. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
(a) Tyler Highgarden.
(b) Ralph Greenville.
(c) James Worth.
(d) Myer Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
2. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
3. Where is Uncle Earle in Chapter 13?
4. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
5. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)