|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
(b) She doesn't remember.
(c) A stranger.
(d) That she wants to go home and wants her mama.
2. What does Bone try to defend herself with against Glen in Chapter 20?
(a) A rock.
(b) A jar of peanut butter.
(c) A butter knife.
(d) Aunt Alma's razor.
3. Who does Bone think is the better looking of her male cousins?
(d) Little Earle.
4. When she is little, who "would have given just about anything to be pretty"?
(a) Aunt Ruth.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Aunt Carr.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
5. Who tells Reese that she can't "scare a chicken off a nest of water moccasins"?
(a) Patsy Ruth.
(c) Little Earle.
6. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
(a) Aunt Ruth's house for a shotgun.
(c) The hospital.
(d) Aunt Raylene's house.
7. Mama is silent and Reese is angry in Chapter 18. Who does Bone blame for this?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
8. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(d) A knife blade.
9. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
(a) Shannon Pearl and Mrs. Pearl.
(b) Bone and Glen.
(c) Bone and Shannon Pearl.
(d) Bone and Reese.
10. After Mama gets Bone to the car, what does she do?
(a) Tries to run Glen over with the car.
(b) Drives to the hospital.
(c) Holds Glen's head to her belly.
(d) Slaps Glen.
11. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
(d) Uncle Earle.
12. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
(b) Record player and records.
(c) A stuffed animal.
13. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) Near Easter.
(b) Just before Thanksgiving.
(c) The day before school started.
(d) On the hottest day of summer.
14. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) A Wrinkle in Time.
(d) Little House on the Prairie.
15. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
(c) Uncle Earle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
2. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
3. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
4. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
5. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)