|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) Playing with her cousins.
(b) Running around on her own.
(c) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
(d) At home with Glen.
2. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
(a) Aunt Alma.
(b) Patsy Ruth.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
3. When Mama and Aunt Alma are talking, who do they say that Bone looks like?
(c) Great-Aunt Malvena.
4. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
(a) An avenging angel.
(b) Someone who doesn't believe her.
(c) Daddy Glen in uniform.
(d) A man who looks at her as trash.
5. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(d) Record player and records.
6. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(c) A knife blade.
(d) A gun.
7. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
(a) Aunt Raylene's house.
(b) Aunt Ruth's house for a shotgun.
(c) The hospital.
8. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
(a) A Wrinkle in Time.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) Little House on the Prairie.
(d) Treasure Island.
9. What habit do some of the Boatwright women show when they're nervous?
(a) Tap their foot.
(b) Bite the lower lip.
(c) Bite their nails.
(d) Pick at their cuticles.
10. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
(b) Tootsie Rolls.
(d) Picture frames.
11. After Mama and Bone put Aunt Alma to bed, Mama asks Bone what she thinks about all the time. How does Bone answer?
(a) That she wants to kill Glen.
(b) That she's waiting for Mama to go back to Glen.
(c) That Glen has been molesting her.
(d) That she feels like she's going crazy like Aunt Alma.
12. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
(a) Uncle Earle.
(b) Uncle Nevil.
(d) Uncle Beau.
13. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
(a) Pieces of a black cupboard.
(b) Clothing ripped to shreds.
(c) Pieces of tire.
(d) 45 rpm record fragments.
14. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
(b) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
(c) Her wedding announcement.
(d) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
15. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Hard blue rocks.
(b) A winter storm.
(c) Black granite.
(d) Storm clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pregnant in Chapter 16?
2. What leads to Alma's breakdown?
3. How old is Bone when she is raped?
4. What does Bone try to defend herself with against Glen in Chapter 20?
5. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)