|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) With an aunt.
(b) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
(c) In the car.
(d) In a motel.
2. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
(a) Aunt Ruth's house for a shotgun.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Aunt Raylene's house.
3. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
(b) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
(c) Her wedding announcement.
(d) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
4. Where is Aunt Alma when Glen shows up to talk to Boone?
(a) In the house.
(b) At the doctor.
(c) In the garden.
(d) Visiting Aunt Raylene.
5. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
(d) Uncle Earle.
6. How old is Bone when she is raped?
7. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
(a) An avenging angel.
(b) Daddy Glen in uniform.
(c) A man who looks at her as trash.
(d) Someone who doesn't believe her.
8. Who says that Alma has "gone crazy as a milk cow"?
(a) Uncle Earle.
(b) Patsy Ruth.
(c) Little Earle.
9. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
(a) Glen molests her.
(b) She cries.
(c) She gets drunk.
(d) She runs off.
10. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
(a) Home grown vegetables.
(b) A bottle of whisky.
(c) Home-canned blackberries.
(d) A carton of cigarattes.
11. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
(a) Mrs. Pearl.
(c) Sheriff Cole.
(d) Aunt Alma.
12. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
(a) A set of hooks.
(c) A motorcycle headlight.
(d) A car tire.
13. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
(a) A Wrinkle in Time.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Little House on the Prairie.
14. Where is Uncle Earle in Chapter 13?
(a) Lives with his ex-wife briefly.
(b) County farm.
(c) Travels as a trucker.
(d) Stays with Aunt Raylene.
15. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(a) A gun.
(c) A knife blade.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
2. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
3. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
4. When Glen starts having trouble with his father and at work, where does Mama send the girls in the afternoons?
5. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)