|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Hard blue rocks.
(b) Storm clouds.
(c) A winter storm.
(d) Black granite.
2. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(b) She goes to the Woolworth's.
(c) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(d) She walks to her mother's job.
3. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
(a) She doesn't remember.
(b) A stranger.
(d) That she wants to go home and wants her mama.
4. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
(b) Uncle Earle.
5. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) For yelling at Glen.
(b) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
(c) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(d) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
6. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
(a) Red satin dress.
(b) Pink dress with white ruffles.
(c) Orange-and-white organdy dress.
(d) White lace dress with pink flowers.
7. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
(c) Francis Marion.
(d) Mean sisters.
8. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Aunt Raylene.
(c) Uncle Beau.
(d) Aunt Alma.
9. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
(a) Shannon Pearl and Mrs. Pearl.
(b) Bone and Glen.
(c) Bone and Reese.
(d) Bone and Shannon Pearl.
10. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
(a) "Walking After Midnight."
(b) "Don't Be Cruel."
(c) "Talk Back Trembling Lips."
(d) "Honky Tonk Angels."
11. Mama is silent and Reese is angry in Chapter 18. Who does Bone blame for this?
(c) Aunt Raylene.
(d) Uncle Earle.
12. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
(b) At home with Glen.
(c) Playing with her cousins.
(d) Running around on her own.
13. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
(a) Being pregnant.
(b) Having money.
(c) Being thin.
(d) Being married.
14. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) In a motel.
(b) With an aunt.
(c) In the car.
(d) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
15. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To Raylene's house.
(b) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(c) To Alma's house.
(d) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
2. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
3. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
4. After Mama gets Bone to the car, what does she do?
5. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)