|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) Just before Thanksgiving.
(b) The day before school started.
(c) On the hottest day of summer.
(d) Near Easter.
2. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
(a) Swamp Fox.
(b) The Daltons.
(d) Johnny Yuma.
3. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(b) To Alma's house.
(c) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(d) To Raylene's house.
4. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Hard blue rocks.
(b) A winter storm.
(c) Black granite.
(d) Storm clouds.
5. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
(a) Pieces of a black cupboard.
(b) Clothing ripped to shreds.
(c) Pieces of tire.
(d) 45 rpm record fragments.
6. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(c) Uncle Beau.
(d) Uncle Earle.
7. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He beats her with a belt.
(b) He throws her against the wall.
(c) He slaps her.
(d) He yells at her.
8. When she is little, who "would have given just about anything to be pretty"?
(a) Aunt Ruth.
(b) Aunt Raylene.
(c) Aunt Carr.
(d) Aunt Alma.
9. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
(d) Shannon Pearl.
10. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
(a) Francis Marion.
(b) Mean sisters.
11. What happens after Deedee refuses to go to the funeral?
(a) Her father yells at her.
(b) Aunt Raylene slaps her.
(c) She runs to her room crying.
(d) She runs away.
12. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
(a) A bottle of whisky.
(b) Home grown vegetables.
(c) Home-canned blackberries.
(d) A carton of cigarattes.
13. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(b) Wring his hands.
(d) Shuffle his feet.
14. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
(a) Bone and Glen.
(b) Bone and Reese.
(c) Shannon Pearl and Mrs. Pearl.
(d) Bone and Shannon Pearl.
15. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
(a) Aunt Raylene's house.
(b) The hospital.
(d) Aunt Ruth's house for a shotgun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Aunt Alma say that she must kill her husband?
2. When Mama and Aunt Alma are talking, who do they say that Bone looks like?
3. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
4. The special item that Bone fishes out of the river is carried home in a sack along with what?
5. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)