|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of fish did the uncles catch at Aunt Raylene's place near the river?
(a) Trout and catfish.
(b) Bass and carp.
(c) Bass and trout.
(d) Carp and catfish.
2. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
(a) She gets drunk.
(b) She runs off.
(c) Glen molests her.
(d) She cries.
3. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He throws her against the wall.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He beats her with a belt.
(d) He yells at her.
4. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
(a) Myer Johnson.
(b) Tyler Highgarden.
(c) Ralph Greenville.
(d) James Worth.
5. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
(a) Francis Marion.
(d) Mean sisters.
6. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
(a) Uncle Earle.
7. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(c) A knife blade.
(d) A gun.
8. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
(a) "Honky Tonk Angels."
(b) "Talk Back Trembling Lips."
(c) "Walking After Midnight."
(d) "Don't Be Cruel."
9. What leads to Alma's breakdown?
(a) The bank foreclosing on the house.
(b) Boone's beatings.
(c) The death of her sister, Ruth.
(d) Wanting a baby, but her husband refusing.
10. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
(b) Playing with her cousins.
(c) Running around on her own.
(d) At home with Glen.
11. Who runs off and worked for the carnival when they are young?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Aunt Raylene.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Uncle Beau.
12. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(b) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(c) To Alma's house.
(d) To Raylene's house.
13. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
(b) In the car.
(c) In a motel.
(d) With an aunt.
14. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
(a) Being thin.
(b) Being pregnant.
(c) Having money.
(d) Being married.
15. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She goes to the Woolworth's.
(b) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(c) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(d) She walks to her mother's job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is pregnant in Chapter 16?
2. What happens after Deedee refuses to go to the funeral?
3. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
4. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
5. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)