|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) With an aunt.
(b) In the car.
(c) In a motel.
(d) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
2. After Mama gets Bone to the car, what does she do?
(a) Tries to run Glen over with the car.
(b) Holds Glen's head to her belly.
(c) Slaps Glen.
(d) Drives to the hospital.
3. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Aunt Raylene.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Uncle Beau.
4. What happens after Deedee refuses to go to the funeral?
(a) Aunt Raylene slaps her.
(b) Her father yells at her.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She runs to her room crying.
5. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) The day before school started.
(b) On the hottest day of summer.
(c) Near Easter.
(d) Just before Thanksgiving.
6. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
(a) She runs off.
(b) She gets drunk.
(c) Glen molests her.
(d) She cries.
7. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
(a) A stranger.
(c) She doesn't remember.
(d) That she wants to go home and wants her mama.
8. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
(d) Uncle Earle.
9. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
(b) Record player and records.
(d) A stuffed animal.
10. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
(a) Ralph Greenville.
(b) Tyler Highgarden.
(c) Myer Johnson.
(d) James Worth.
11. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
(a) "Honky Tonk Angels."
(b) "Don't Be Cruel."
(c) "Walking After Midnight."
(d) "Talk Back Trembling Lips."
12. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(a) Wring his hands.
(d) Shuffle his feet.
13. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
(a) Uncle Earle.
14. Who does Bone think is the better looking of her male cousins?
(a) Little Earle.
15. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) A gun.
(d) A knife blade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
2. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
3. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
4. When Glen starts having trouble with his father and at work, where does Mama send the girls in the afternoons?
5. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)