|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) At home with Glen.
(b) Running around on her own.
(c) Playing with her cousins.
(d) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
2. Why does Aunt Alma say that she must kill her husband?
(a) Because she loves him.
(b) Because he called her a cow.
(c) Because she hates him.
(d) Because he's been cheating on her.
3. What habit do some of the Boatwright women show when they're nervous?
(a) Bite the lower lip.
(b) Pick at their cuticles.
(c) Bite their nails.
(d) Tap their foot.
4. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(b) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(c) She goes to the Woolworth's.
(d) She walks to her mother's job.
5. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) On the hottest day of summer.
(b) Near Easter.
(c) The day before school started.
(d) Just before Thanksgiving.
6. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
(a) James Worth.
(b) Ralph Greenville.
(c) Tyler Highgarden.
(d) Myer Johnson.
7. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
(a) California or Florida.
(b) Virginia or Kentucky.
(c) Maryland or Pennsylvania.
(d) Alabama or Georgia.
8. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Black granite.
(b) Storm clouds.
(c) A winter storm.
(d) Hard blue rocks.
9. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(a) Wring his hands.
(c) Shuffle his feet.
10. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Uncle Nevil.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Uncle Beau.
11. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
12. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
(b) Swamp Fox.
(c) Johnny Yuma.
(d) The Daltons.
13. When Sheriff Cole asks Bone who did this to her, what does she say?
(a) That she wants to go home and wants her mama.
(c) A stranger.
(d) She doesn't remember.
14. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Aunt Raylene's house.
(c) Aunt Ruth's house for a shotgun.
15. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
(d) Uncle Earle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
2. What happens after Deedee refuses to go to the funeral?
3. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
5. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)