|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mama gets Bone to the car, what does she do?
(a) Drives to the hospital.
(b) Tries to run Glen over with the car.
(c) Slaps Glen.
(d) Holds Glen's head to her belly.
2. Who says that Alma has "gone crazy as a milk cow"?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) Little Earle.
(d) Patsy Ruth.
3. Another Boatwright dies in Chapter 18. Who dies?
(a) Tommy Lee.
(d) Aunt Alma's baby.
4. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) On the hottest day of summer.
(b) Just before Thanksgiving.
(c) Near Easter.
(d) The day before school started.
5. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
(a) Uncle Earle.
6. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife blade.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
7. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
(a) Sheriff Cole.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(d) Mrs. Pearl.
8. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
(a) A motorcycle headlight.
(b) A car tire.
(c) A set of hooks.
9. Mama is silent and Reese is angry in Chapter 18. Who does Bone blame for this?
(c) Aunt Raylene.
(d) Uncle Earle.
10. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
(a) Pieces of a black cupboard.
(b) Clothing ripped to shreds.
(c) Pieces of tire.
(d) 45 rpm record fragments.
11. How old is Bone when she is raped?
12. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Uncle Beau.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
13. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(b) A Wrinkle in Time.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) Treasure Island.
14. What is Granny busy with when Mama was growing up?
(a) Working at a farm.
(b) Cleaning house.
(c) Having affairs.
(d) Chasing after the boys or Alma.
15. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
(a) A bottle of whisky.
(b) A carton of cigarattes.
(c) Home-canned blackberries.
(d) Home grown vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
2. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
3. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
4. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
5. What book does Bone mention in Chapter 16 that is from Aunt Raylene?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)