|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
(b) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(c) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
(d) For yelling at Glen.
2. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Hard blue rocks.
(b) A winter storm.
(c) Black granite.
(d) Storm clouds.
3. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He throws her against the wall.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He beats her with a belt.
4. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
(a) Uncle Earle.
5. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
(b) A stuffed animal.
(d) Record player and records.
6. Where is Aunt Alma when Glen shows up to talk to Boone?
(a) In the house.
(b) Visiting Aunt Raylene.
(c) At the doctor.
(d) In the garden.
7. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She goes to the Woolworth's.
(b) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(c) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(d) She walks to her mother's job.
8. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
(a) An avenging angel.
(b) Daddy Glen in uniform.
(c) Someone who doesn't believe her.
(d) A man who looks at her as trash.
9. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
(a) Aunt Alma.
(b) Sheriff Cole.
(c) Mrs. Pearl.
10. How does Bone spend her first days at Aunt Raylene's house after the assault?
(a) In bed.
(b) Sitting quietly on the front porch.
(d) Screaming at her aunt.
11. According to Aunt Raylene, who has a "spirit of meanness" at birth?
(d) Uncle Earle.
12. Who tells Reese that she can't "scare a chicken off a nest of water moccasins"?
(c) Little Earle.
(d) Patsy Ruth.
13. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
(a) Francis Marion.
(c) Mean sisters.
14. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(a) Shuffle his feet.
(b) Wring his hands.
15. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
(c) Tommy Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
2. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
3. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
4. How old is Bone when she is raped?
5. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)