|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
(a) Maryland or Pennsylvania.
(b) Virginia or Kentucky.
(c) Alabama or Georgia.
(d) California or Florida.
2. Who tells Reese that she can't "scare a chicken off a nest of water moccasins"?
(a) Little Earle.
(d) Patsy Ruth.
3. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
(a) "Walking After Midnight."
(b) "Talk Back Trembling Lips."
(c) "Don't Be Cruel."
(d) "Honky Tonk Angels."
4. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Black granite.
(b) Hard blue rocks.
(c) A winter storm.
(d) Storm clouds.
5. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) Her wedding announcement.
(b) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
(c) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
(d) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
6. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
7. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
(a) Orange-and-white organdy dress.
(b) White lace dress with pink flowers.
(c) Red satin dress.
(d) Pink dress with white ruffles.
8. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
(a) Ralph Greenville.
(b) James Worth.
(c) Myer Johnson.
(d) Tyler Highgarden.
9. Where is Aunt Alma when Glen shows up to talk to Boone?
(a) Visiting Aunt Raylene.
(b) In the house.
(c) In the garden.
(d) At the doctor.
10. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(c) Wring his hands.
(d) Shuffle his feet.
11. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
(a) A motorcycle headlight.
(b) A car tire.
(c) A set of hooks.
12. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) Playing with her cousins.
(b) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
(c) At home with Glen.
(d) Running around on her own.
13. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) In the car.
(b) In a motel.
(c) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
(d) With an aunt.
14. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
(a) Clothing ripped to shreds.
(b) 45 rpm record fragments.
(c) Pieces of tire.
(d) Pieces of a black cupboard.
15. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
(d) Uncle Earle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
2. After Mama and Bone put Aunt Alma to bed, Mama asks Bone what she thinks about all the time. How does Bone answer?
3. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
4. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
5. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)