|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs off and worked for the carnival when they are young?
(a) Uncle Beau.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
(d) Uncle Nevil.
2. According to Aunt Raylene, who has a "spirit of meanness" at birth?
(b) Uncle Earle.
3. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(b) To Raylene's house.
(c) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(d) To Alma's house.
4. When Glen starts having trouble with his father and at work, where does Mama send the girls in the afternoons?
(a) Aunt Alma's.
(c) Aunt Raylene's.
(d) Aunt Ruth's.
5. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
(a) Maryland or Pennsylvania.
(b) Virginia or Kentucky.
(c) California or Florida.
(d) Alabama or Georgia.
6. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
(a) Mrs. Pearl.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Sheriff Cole.
7. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
8. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
(a) Bone and Glen.
(b) Bone and Reese.
(c) Bone and Shannon Pearl.
(d) Shannon Pearl and Mrs. Pearl.
9. What kinds of fish did the uncles catch at Aunt Raylene's place near the river?
(a) Trout and catfish.
(b) Carp and catfish.
(c) Bass and trout.
(d) Bass and carp.
10. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
(a) White lace dress with pink flowers.
(b) Orange-and-white organdy dress.
(c) Red satin dress.
(d) Pink dress with white ruffles.
11. What is Granny busy with when Mama was growing up?
(a) Chasing after the boys or Alma.
(b) Having affairs.
(c) Working at a farm.
(d) Cleaning house.
12. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) Near Easter.
(b) The day before school started.
(c) Just before Thanksgiving.
(d) On the hottest day of summer.
13. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
(d) Tommy Lee.
14. Who says that Alma has "gone crazy as a milk cow"?
(a) Little Earle.
(c) Uncle Earle.
(d) Patsy Ruth.
15. Mama is silent and Reese is angry in Chapter 18. Who does Bone blame for this?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(d) Aunt Raylene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
2. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
3. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
4. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
5. Who does Bone think is the better looking of her male cousins?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)