|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
(a) Orange-and-white organdy dress.
(b) Red satin dress.
(c) Pink dress with white ruffles.
(d) White lace dress with pink flowers.
2. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
(a) Bone and Reese.
(b) Bone and Shannon Pearl.
(c) Bone and Glen.
(d) Shannon Pearl and Mrs. Pearl.
3. How does Bone spend her first days at Aunt Raylene's house after the assault?
(a) Sitting quietly on the front porch.
(b) Screaming at her aunt.
(d) In bed.
4. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
(a) Record player and records.
(c) A stuffed animal.
5. Who does Deedee say she's seen three times?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Conway Twitty.
(d) The Silhouettes.
6. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
(a) Swamp Fox.
(c) The Daltons.
(d) Johnny Yuma.
7. What does Bone try to defend herself with against Glen in Chapter 20?
(a) A jar of peanut butter.
(b) Aunt Alma's razor.
(c) A rock.
(d) A butter knife.
8. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
(a) A carton of cigarattes.
(b) A bottle of whisky.
(c) Home-canned blackberries.
(d) Home grown vegetables.
9. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
(a) A motorcycle headlight.
(b) A car tire.
(c) A set of hooks.
10. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Aunt Raylene.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Uncle Beau.
11. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
(a) An avenging angel.
(b) Daddy Glen in uniform.
(c) A man who looks at her as trash.
(d) Someone who doesn't believe her.
12. Mama is silent and Reese is angry in Chapter 18. Who does Bone blame for this?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
13. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
(b) Uncle Earle.
(c) Uncle Beau.
(d) Uncle Nevil.
14. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
(b) Shannon Pearl.
15. When Mama and Aunt Alma are talking, who do they say that Bone looks like?
(c) Great-Aunt Malvena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
2. Who runs off and worked for the carnival when they are young?
3. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
4. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
5. When Glen starts having trouble with his father and at work, where does Mama send the girls in the afternoons?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)