|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs off and worked for the carnival when they are young?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Uncle Beau.
(d) Uncle Nevil.
2. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
(b) Her wedding announcement.
(c) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
(d) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
3. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
(a) Having money.
(b) Being married.
(c) Being pregnant.
(d) Being thin.
4. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(a) Shuffle his feet.
(d) Wring his hands.
5. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
(a) Alabama or Georgia.
(b) Maryland or Pennsylvania.
(c) Virginia or Kentucky.
(d) California or Florida.
6. How old is Bone when she is raped?
7. The special item that Bone fishes out of the river is carried home in a sack along with what?
(b) Dirty clothes.
(c) Canned food.
(d) Zucchini and cucumbers.
8. Who tells Reese that she can't "scare a chicken off a nest of water moccasins"?
(a) Little Earle.
(d) Patsy Ruth.
9. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
(a) Bone and Glen.
(b) Shannon Pearl and Mrs. Pearl.
(c) Bone and Shannon Pearl.
(d) Bone and Reese.
10. What is Granny busy with when Mama was growing up?
(a) Working at a farm.
(b) Chasing after the boys or Alma.
(c) Having affairs.
(d) Cleaning house.
11. Bone wants Glen to be a father like the father in what book?
(a) Little House on the Prairie.
(b) A Wrinkle in Time.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
12. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He throws her against the wall.
(b) He beats her with a belt.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He slaps her.
13. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(b) To Alma's house.
(c) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(d) To Raylene's house.
14. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
(b) At home with Glen.
(c) Running around on her own.
(d) Playing with her cousins.
15. What Boatwright relative busts in on Bone and the sheriff without permission?
(a) Uncle Nevil.
(b) Aunt Raylene.
(c) Aunt Alma.
(d) Uncle Beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
2. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
3. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
4. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
5. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)