|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of fish did the uncles catch at Aunt Raylene's place near the river?
(a) Trout and catfish.
(b) Bass and trout.
(c) Carp and catfish.
(d) Bass and carp.
2. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
(b) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(c) For yelling at Glen.
(d) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
3. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(a) A knife blade.
(b) A gun.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
4. Who does Bone think is the better looking of her male cousins?
(b) Little Earle.
5. Who tells Reese that she can't "scare a chicken off a nest of water moccasins"?
(a) Little Earle.
(b) Patsy Ruth.
6. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) A winter storm.
(b) Black granite.
(c) Storm clouds.
(d) Hard blue rocks.
7. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
(a) Being thin.
(b) Being married.
(c) Being pregnant.
(d) Having money.
8. What leads to Alma's breakdown?
(a) The death of her sister, Ruth.
(b) Wanting a baby, but her husband refusing.
(c) The bank foreclosing on the house.
(d) Boone's beatings.
9. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
(a) A motorcycle headlight.
(b) A car tire.
(d) A set of hooks.
10. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
(a) Virginia or Kentucky.
(b) Maryland or Pennsylvania.
(c) Alabama or Georgia.
(d) California or Florida.
11. Who does Deedee say she's seen three times?
(a) Conway Twitty.
(c) The Silhouettes.
(d) Johnny Cash.
12. When Mama and Aunt Alma are talking, who do they say that Bone looks like?
(b) Great-Aunt Malvena.
13. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) In a motel.
(b) In the car.
(c) With an aunt.
(d) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
14. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(b) To Raylene's house.
(c) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(d) To Alma's house.
15. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Patsy Ruth.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
2. How old is Bone when she is raped?
3. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
4. After Mama and Bone put Aunt Alma to bed, Mama asks Bone what she thinks about all the time. How does Bone answer?
5. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)