|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads to Alma's breakdown?
(a) The bank foreclosing on the house.
(b) The death of her sister, Ruth.
(c) Wanting a baby, but her husband refusing.
(d) Boone's beatings.
2. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
(a) Uncle Beau.
(b) Uncle Nevil.
(d) Uncle Earle.
3. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
(b) With an aunt.
(c) In a motel.
(d) In the car.
4. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
(b) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
(c) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(d) For yelling at Glen.
5. Aunt Alma's feet are "resting on a little pile of chopped black slats." What are the black slats?
(a) Pieces of tire.
(b) Pieces of a black cupboard.
(c) Clothing ripped to shreds.
(d) 45 rpm record fragments.
6. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
(a) Francis Marion.
(d) Mean sisters.
7. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
(a) She gets drunk.
(b) She runs off.
(c) Glen molests her.
(d) She cries.
8. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) Running around on her own.
(b) At home with Glen.
(c) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
(d) Playing with her cousins.
9. According to Aunt Raylene, who has a "spirit of meanness" at birth?
(d) Uncle Earle.
10. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
(a) Tootsie Rolls.
(d) Picture frames.
11. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(b) To Raylene's house.
(c) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(d) To Alma's house.
12. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
13. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(b) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(c) She walks to her mother's job.
(d) She goes to the Woolworth's.
14. How old is Bone when she is raped?
15. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
(a) Patsy Ruth.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
(d) Aunt Alma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
2. What habit do some of the Boatwright women show when they're nervous?
3. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
4. What happens after Deedee refuses to go to the funeral?
5. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)