|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Patsy Ruth.
2. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(b) She walks to her mother's job.
(c) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(d) She goes to the Woolworth's.
3. How does Bone spend her first days at Aunt Raylene's house after the assault?
(a) Sitting quietly on the front porch.
(b) In bed.
(d) Screaming at her aunt.
4. What happens to Bone after the funeral?
(a) She cries.
(b) She gets drunk.
(c) Glen molests her.
(d) She runs off.
5. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
(b) Uncle Earle.
6. According to Aunt Raylene, who has a "spirit of meanness" at birth?
(a) Uncle Earle.
7. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To Raylene's house.
(b) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
(c) To Alma's house.
(d) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
8. What leads to Alma's breakdown?
(a) The death of her sister, Ruth.
(b) Boone's beatings.
(c) Wanting a baby, but her husband refusing.
(d) The bank foreclosing on the house.
9. What kinds of fish did the uncles catch at Aunt Raylene's place near the river?
(a) Bass and trout.
(b) Carp and catfish.
(c) Trout and catfish.
(d) Bass and carp.
10. Where is Uncle Earle in Chapter 13?
(a) Travels as a trucker.
(b) Stays with Aunt Raylene.
(c) County farm.
(d) Lives with his ex-wife briefly.
11. Who tells Reese that she can't "scare a chicken off a nest of water moccasins"?
(a) Patsy Ruth.
(b) Little Earle.
12. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife blade.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
13. Another Boatwright dies in Chapter 18. Who dies?
(b) Tommy Lee.
(d) Aunt Alma's baby.
14. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
(a) "Talk Back Trembling Lips."
(b) "Walking After Midnight."
(c) "Don't Be Cruel."
(d) "Honky Tonk Angels."
15. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
(b) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
(c) Her wedding announcement.
(d) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose relationship turns competitive in Chapter 12?
2. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
3. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
4. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
5. What happens after Deedee refuses to go to the funeral?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)