|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
(a) Alabama or Georgia.
(b) Maryland or Pennsylvania.
(c) Virginia or Kentucky.
(d) California or Florida.
2. Where is Uncle Earle in Chapter 13?
(a) Travels as a trucker.
(b) Lives with his ex-wife briefly.
(c) County farm.
(d) Stays with Aunt Raylene.
3. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
(a) Someone who doesn't believe her.
(b) Daddy Glen in uniform.
(c) An avenging angel.
(d) A man who looks at her as trash.
4. What does Uncle Earle have hidden that he shows Bone?
(a) A knife blade.
(c) A bottle of liquor.
(d) A gun.
5. Where does Bone and Reese sleep the night that her uncles beat Glen?
(a) With an aunt.
(b) In the car.
(c) In a motel.
(d) In their house while Glen was at the hospital.
6. When Glen starts having trouble with his father and at work, where does Mama send the girls in the afternoons?
(a) Aunt Raylene's.
(b) Aunt Ruth's.
(c) Aunt Alma's.
7. Mama is silent and Reese is angry in Chapter 18. Who does Bone blame for this?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(d) Uncle Earle.
8. While Bone is working for her aunt, where does Reese spend her afternoons?
(a) At home with Glen.
(b) Bible classes as Jesus Love Academy.
(c) Playing with her cousins.
(d) Running around on her own.
9. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
(a) On the hottest day of summer.
(b) Just before Thanksgiving.
(c) The day before school started.
(d) Near Easter.
10. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
(a) White lace dress with pink flowers.
(b) Red satin dress.
(c) Orange-and-white organdy dress.
(d) Pink dress with white ruffles.
11. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
(b) Uncle Nevil.
(c) Uncle Earle.
(d) Uncle Beau.
12. What habit do some of the Boatwright women show when they're nervous?
(a) Bite their nails.
(b) Pick at their cuticles.
(c) Tap their foot.
(d) Bite the lower lip.
13. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
(a) Record player and records.
(b) A stuffed animal.
14. Where does Mama move herself and the girls after her family discovers that Bone has been abused by Glen?
(a) To Raylene's house.
(b) To an apartment by the railroad tracks.
(c) To Alma's house.
(d) To an apartment over the Fish Market.
15. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
(d) Uncle Earle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another Boatwright dies in Chapter 18. Who dies?
2. Who manages the Woolworth's store?
3. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
4. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
5. When Mama and Aunt Alma are talking, who do they say that Bone looks like?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)