|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Uncle Earle in Chapter 13?
(a) Stays with Aunt Raylene.
(b) County farm.
(c) Lives with his ex-wife briefly.
(d) Travels as a trucker.
2. What kinds of fish did the uncles catch at Aunt Raylene's place near the river?
(a) Trout and catfish.
(b) Carp and catfish.
(c) Bass and carp.
(d) Bass and trout.
3. Bone thinks of the sheriff as what?
(a) A man who looks at her as trash.
(b) Daddy Glen in uniform.
(c) Someone who doesn't believe her.
(d) An avenging angel.
4. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
(b) She goes to the Woolworth's.
(c) She walks to her mother's job.
(d) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
5. What is Granny busy with when Mama was growing up?
(a) Cleaning house.
(b) Having affairs.
(c) Chasing after the boys or Alma.
(d) Working at a farm.
6. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) For yelling at Glen.
(b) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
(c) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(d) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
7. What does Bone witness Glen doing as he talks to his father?
(a) Shuffle his feet.
(b) Wring his hands.
8. Who does Deedee say she's seen three times?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) The Silhouettes.
(d) Conway Twitty.
9. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
(b) Tootsie Rolls.
(c) Picture frames.
10. How old is Bone when she is raped?
11. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
(a) Virginia or Kentucky.
(b) Alabama or Georgia.
(c) Maryland or Pennsylvania.
(d) California or Florida.
12. Tears start running down Bone's face soon after she hears what song by Kitty Wells?
(a) "Don't Be Cruel."
(b) "Honky Tonk Angels."
(c) "Talk Back Trembling Lips."
(d) "Walking After Midnight."
13. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
(a) Home grown vegetables.
(b) Home-canned blackberries.
(c) A carton of cigarattes.
(d) A bottle of whisky.
14. Another Boatwright dies in Chapter 18. Who dies?
(a) Tommy Lee.
(b) Aunt Alma's baby.
15. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
(a) Being married.
(b) Having money.
(c) Being pregnant.
(d) Being thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
2. When Glen starts having trouble with his father and at work, where does Mama send the girls in the afternoons?
3. Who drives around at night, looking for Glen in order to kill him?
4. Who runs off and worked for the carnival when they are young?
5. What is Shannon Pearl wearing at the barbecue?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)