|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bone apologize to Mama at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Mama discovers Bone has been sexually abused.
(b) For yelling at Glen.
(c) The family discovers that Glen beats her.
(d) For breaking into the Woolworth's.
2. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
3. When Bone leaves home against her mother's instructions in Chapter 18, where does she go?
(a) She walks to her mother's job.
(b) She walks to Aunt Raylene's.
(c) She goes to the Woolworth's.
(d) She hitches a ride to Aunt Alma's.
4. Who is pregnant in Chapter 16?
(b) Aunt Alma.
(c) Aunt Raylene.
5. Who questions Bone about what she sees in Chapter 13?
(a) Sheriff Cole.
(c) Mrs. Pearl.
(d) Aunt Alma.
6. Who stays with Bone in the hospital?
(a) Aunt Raylene.
(b) Patsy Ruth.
(c) Aunt Alma.
7. Why does Aunt Alma say that she must kill her husband?
(a) Because he's been cheating on her.
(b) Because she hates him.
(c) Because he called her a cow.
(d) Because she loves him.
8. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
(c) Picture frames.
(d) Tootsie Rolls.
9. What is the only story the children act out that they use Bone's cap for?
(a) The Daltons.
(b) Johnny Yuma.
(c) Swamp Fox.
10. How old is Bone when she is raped?
11. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
(b) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
(c) Her wedding announcement.
(d) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
12. When Mama arrives after the rape, where does Bone want Mama to take her?
(a) Aunt Ruth's house for a shotgun.
(b) The hospital.
(d) Aunt Raylene's house.
13. What does Aunt Raylene bring when she visits Mama and the girls after they move away from Glen?
(a) A bottle of whisky.
(b) A carton of cigarattes.
(c) Home grown vegetables.
(d) Home-canned blackberries.
14. Who tells Reese that she can't "scare a chicken off a nest of water moccasins"?
(a) Little Earle.
(b) Patsy Ruth.
15. What habit do some of the Boatwright women show when they're nervous?
(a) Bite the lower lip.
(b) Pick at their cuticles.
(c) Bite their nails.
(d) Tap their foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Aunt Raylene, who has a "spirit of meanness" at birth?
2. Another Boatwright dies in Chapter 18. Who dies?
3. Who does Bone take with her to break into Woolworth's?
4. What game does Bone make up after a fight with the boy cousins?
5. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)