|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Deedee refuses to go to the funeral?
(a) She runs to her room crying.
(b) Aunt Raylene slaps her.
(c) She runs away.
(d) Her father yells at her.
2. What makes Aunt Ruth feel like she was worth something?
(a) Being thin.
(b) Being married.
(c) Having money.
(d) Being pregnant.
3. According to her mother, who loves babies and is a friend to the less fortunate?
(b) Shannon Pearl.
4. What book does Bone mention in Chapter 16 that is from Aunt Raylene?
(a) The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Little Women.
5. What leads to Alma's breakdown?
(a) Wanting a baby, but her husband refusing.
(b) The death of her sister, Ruth.
(c) The bank foreclosing on the house.
(d) Boone's beatings.
6. What treasure do Bone and her cousins find in the river in Chapter 12?
(a) A set of hooks.
(b) A car tire.
(c) A motorcycle headlight.
7. After Bone refuses to return home, she compares Glen's eyes to what?
(a) Black granite.
(b) Storm clouds.
(c) Hard blue rocks.
(d) A winter storm.
8. Who did Bone want to see at the hospital that doesn't come?
(a) Uncle Earle.
9. Why does Aunt Alma say that she must kill her husband?
(a) Because he called her a cow.
(b) Because she loves him.
(c) Because he's been cheating on her.
(d) Because she hates him.
10. What does Bone steal from the Woolworth's store in Chapter 15?
(a) Tootsie Rolls.
(d) Picture frames.
11. What is Aunt Alma's favorite newspaper clip about the family?
(a) A picture of two of her children in a school play.
(b) Anything to do with the Boatright uncles.
(c) Her wedding announcement.
(d) Uncle Earle's convertible smashed in the barbershop.
12. Uncle Earle brings something to Aunt Raylene's house to help make Bone feel better. What is it?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) Record player and records.
13. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
(a) Tommy Lee.
14. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He throws her against the wall.
(c) He beats her with a belt.
(d) He yells at her.
15. The special item that Bone fishes out of the river is carried home in a sack along with what?
(a) Zucchini and cucumbers.
(b) Dirty clothes.
(c) Canned food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bone is giggling at the puppies when a Ford pulled up. Who is in the Ford?
2. What habit do some of the Boatwright women show when they're nervous?
3. When does Shannon Pearl reach Bone on the telephone?
4. Aunt Raylene tells Bone that she's going to be tall. In Chapter 14, Bone doesn't want to be tall, she wants to be what?
5. At the end of the book, where does Bone think Mama will move to?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)