|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aunt Alma's oldest girl?
(d) Patsy Ruth.
2. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He throws her against the wall.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He beats her with a belt.
(d) He slaps her.
3. What states do the gospel circuit run from?
(a) South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Tennessee.
(b) West Virginia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia.
(c) Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina.
(d) North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama.
4. Who knows the words to every song in the Baptist hymnal?
(a) Mrs. Pearl.
(d) Shannon Pearl.
5. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) Welfare checks.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A percentage from the revivals.
(d) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bone's family moves into a new home, Glen sends them outside with scissors to do what?
2. What does Aunt Alma do that earned her Glen's contempt in Chapter 6?
3. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
4. What does Mama feed the girls when there is little food in the house?
5. Where does Aunt Carr live?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)