|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Alma do that earned her Glen's contempt in Chapter 6?
(a) Moves out on her husband.
(b) Gets a job.
(c) Abandons her children.
(d) Has an affair.
2. What is "the backbone of the Pearl family income"?
(a) A percentage from the revivals.
(b) Mrs. Pearl's specialty sewing.
(c) An inheritance.
(d) Welfare checks.
3. What states do the gospel circuit run from?
(a) Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina.
(b) South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Tennessee.
(c) North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama.
(d) West Virginia, Kentucky, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia.
4. Everyone who is expected eventually arrives for the funeral except for whom?
(d) Tommy Lee.
5. In Chapter 17, what happens when Bone snaps at Glen that she didn't hear him?
(a) He throws her against the wall.
(b) He beats her with a belt.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bone is hungry?
2. Who knows the words to every song in the Baptist hymnal?
3. Who is Aunt Alma's oldest girl?
4. What does Mama cook on the sides of the pan with the eggs?
5. What is one of the pretend meals that Bone and Reese make up?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)