|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Claudia and Jamie led after waiting for Parks to talk to Mrs. Frankweiler?
2. Where did Jamie and Claudia go after leaving the UN?
3. Why were the children surprised at the way Mrs. Frankweiler was dressed?
4. Where did Claudia and Jamie go after they left Grand Central Station and found no letter?
5. Where did Claudia and Jamie go first thing in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamie suggest Claudia could do to become a different person that she did not appreciate?
2. What does Claudia hope to accomplish at the library?
3. What is the mark identified as?
4. How does Claudia think the mark had been made at first?
5. Why is Jamie happy after the bath in the fountain?
6. Where do the children store their clean clothes as they walk back to the museum?
7. What concerns Jamie while he waits in the bathroom?
8. Why is Claudia upset when she got out of the bath?
9. How long do Claudia and Jamie have to solve the mystery?
10. What common bond do Jamie and Mrs. Frankweiler share?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Claudia and Jamie hid in the bathroom, they were almost caught as workers were working late. Write an essay describing what would have happened if they had been caught.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how Claudia or Jamie's characters were developed throughout the novel, beginning with their ride on the school bus to the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least two areas of tension that occurred through the novel. Describe the events, what was the cause of the tension, and how it was resolved. Use specific details throughout your essay.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)