|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Claudia do to Jamie to keep him from talking?
2. Where did Jamie and Claudia go after leaving the UN?
3. Which of the following descriptors did Jamie and Claudia discuss and decide did not pertain to them?
4. Where did Claudia and Jamie meet after they waited in the bathroom extra long?
5. After the children reached the statue, what happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jamie suggest they go Sunday morning?
2. Why doesn't Claudia want to return home?
3. Why is Jamie happy after the bath in the fountain?
4. Why does Jamie become angry with Claudia when they are hiding in the Egyptian room?
5. What excuse can Jamie use when he delivers the letter?
6. Where must the mark be located on the statue?
7. What does Claudia hope to accomplish at the library?
8. Why do you think Claudia's first supposition as to how the mark was made would not be possible?
9. Why is Jamie uncomfortable with renting a post office box?
10. Who does Claudia think could finally help solve the mystery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed essay describing how Claudia's character in the novel could be considered a good thinker. Use details from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the character of Mrs. Frankweiler. The essay should be an in-depth character analysis about this character and include information from the text as well as interpretation by you the author.
Essay Topic 3
Jamie earned money by playing cards against his classmate on the bus. Make a judgment about this in an essay using information from the text and your own personal beliefs.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)