|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Claudia and Jamie take their baths?
2. How did Jamie think he could warn Claudia about the workers?
3. Why were the children surprised at the way Mrs. Frankweiler was dressed?
4. Where did Claudia and Jamie go first thing in the morning?
5. Which of the following was NOT one of the three things the museum said about the statue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jamie suggest they go Sunday morning?
2. Why is Jamie happy after the bath in the fountain?
3. What does Claudia hope to accomplish at the library?
4. Why doesn't Claudia want to return home?
5. Where must the mark be located on the statue?
6. What excuse can Jamie use when he delivers the letter?
7. Where do the children store their clean clothes as they walk back to the museum?
8. What does Jamie suggest Claudia could do to become a different person that she did not appreciate?
9. What common bond do Jamie and Mrs. Frankweiler share?
10. What makes the chapel different from other areas of the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, there were mini-climaxes found. Write an essay explaining the definition of a climax and how specific events within the novel could be considered mini-climaxes. Be sure to use specific support from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Claudia and Jamie were good at avoiding adults watching. Describe how good they were at this and why it seemed to work for most of the novel. Add your own personal experience to your essay, including a time where you were able to avoid an adult who was watching you in order to do something you were not supposed to do.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing how effective Claudia's plans were throughout the novel. Include specific examples from the text to support your essay.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)