|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Frankweiler's house filled with that reminds Claudia and Jamie of the museum?
2. Where did Jamie and Claudia hide?
3. Who delivered the letter to the museum director successfully?
4. What was Mrs. Frankweiler completing which Claudia and Jamie had to wait to be completed?
5. What were the children planning on doing at the museum on Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes the chapel different from other areas of the museum?
2. What is the mark identified as?
3. What does Jamie suggest Claudia could do to become a different person that she did not appreciate?
4. Why is Claudia upset when she got out of the bath?
5. Where does Jamie suggest they go Sunday morning?
6. Why does Jamie become angry with Claudia when they are hiding in the Egyptian room?
7. What do Claudia and Jamie discuss before they go to bed?
8. Who does Claudia think could finally help solve the mystery?
9. What deal does Mrs. Frankweiler make with Claudia and Jamie?
10. Where do the children store their clean clothes as they walk back to the museum?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Claudia had her reasons for running away at the beginning of the novel. Evaluate these reasons in an essay using both information from the novel and personal experience and beliefs.
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed essay describing how Claudia's character in the novel could be considered a good thinker. Use details from the novel to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At many points throughout the novel, Jamie and Claudia could have been caught. Explain at least three different times where they could have been caught and how it might have happened, and make a prediction as to how they might have escaped after being caught. Remember to include specific examples from the novel in your essay.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)