|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(b) Back by the front door
(c) The bathroom
(d) The snack bar
2. Which of the following best describes the sound Claudia hears as she and Jamie are walking down the aisle of the bus to get off?
3. How old is Mrs. Frankweiler?
4. What does Claudia want to do?
(a) Visit the city
(b) Move in with her grandmother
(c) Run away
(d) Have a new baby sister
5. Which of the following reasons can the reader assume leads Claudia to the belief that she is better than Jamie?
(a) She planned better than he does
(b) She does not believe she is better than Jamie
(c) She is older
(d) She is female
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the statue come from?
2. How old is Jamie?
3. Which of the following literary devices is the turning point of a story?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of file as used in the title of this novel?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for attorney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is researching the statue exciting to the children?
2. What genre would the prologue indicate this novel will be?
3. What could happen if Jamie is not so frugal with the money?
4. Why does Jamie insist on walking?
5. Where do Jamie and Claudia ride on the train once they are in New York City?
6. How does Claudia want to get to the museum?
7. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to stay when they are in New York City?
8. Explain why it is important for Claudia and Jamie to hide their belongings each morning.
9. Which character does not want to walk to the museum?
10. What is Claudia protesting by running away?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)