|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of files as used in the title of this novel?
2. Which of the following literary devices describes a series of events that occur in a novel?
3. Why were Jamie and Claudia in such a hurry to get dressed in the morning?
(a) They slept late and knew the museum would be opening
(b) They heard guards coming
(c) They needed to get home
(d) It was cold in the museum
4. Where did the statue come from?
(a) Another gallary in New York City
(c) Another museum
(d) Mrs. Basil Frankweiler
5. Which of the following items do Claudia and Jamie NOT leave up front in the museum?
(b) Instrument cases
(c) Book Bags
(d) Claudia's jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
2. Where are Claudia and Jamie heading once they get off of the bus?
3. What is Claudia protesting by running away?
4. Where do Claudia and Jamie sit on the bus on Wednesday morning?
5. What are Claudia and Jamie scouting for throughout the museum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claudia choose Wednesday to run away?
2. What could happen if Jamie is not so frugal with the money?
3. What genre would the prologue indicate this novel will be?
4. Why do Claudia and Jamie wait for awhile before coming up out of their hiding places?
5. Explain why it is important for Claudia and Jamie to hide their belongings each morning.
6. Which character does not want to walk to the museum?
7. How does Claudia want to get to the museum?
8. Where does Jamie try to convince Claudia to stay when they are in New York City?
9. How is Claudia's desire to run away untraditional?
10. Why does the money make so much noise in Jamie's pocket?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)