|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Claudia and Jamie meet after they are sure no one is still in the museum?
(a) The snack bar
(b) The bathroom
(d) Back by the front door
2. Why were Claudia and Jamie uncomfortable on the bus?
(a) They had to share a seat
(b) Buses are usually uncomfortable
(c) They were hiding
(d) There were not enough seats on the bus
3. What is Jamie's first decision as treasurer?
(a) Get a bus to the museum
(b) Walk to museum
(c) Get a taxi to the museum
(d) Spend some money
4. The angel mystery is which literary characteristic?
5. Which of the following words best describes how Claudia feels in her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Claudia mail before heading off toward New York?
2. Which word best describes what both Jamie and Claudia hope to find in New York City?
3. Which of the following reasons can the reader assume leads Claudia to the belief that she is better than Jamie?
4. Why were Jamie and Claudia in such a hurry to get dressed in the morning?
5. What does Claudia insist that she and Jamie do everyday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jamie pick the Italian Renaissance room?
2. Why do Jamie and Claudia hid on the bus?
3. Why does Jamie keep his jacket?
4. Why does Jamie insist on walking?
5. Why do Claudia and Jamie wait for awhile before coming up out of their hiding places?
6. What could happen if Jamie is not so frugal with the money?
7. Explain why it is important for Claudia and Jamie to hide their belongings each morning.
8. What word best describes the role at this point of Mrs. Frankweiler in this novel?
9. What is the purpose of the prologue?
10. List one reason Claudia chooses Jamie to run away with her.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)