|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Victor saving money for?
2. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
3. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
4. For what reason did Victor choose his elective?
5. Who goes by himself to see The Karate Kid Part Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
2. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
3. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
4. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
5. Describe Yollie.
6. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
7. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
8. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
9. Describe Lupe Medrano.
10. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Soto transition his families finances from poor and mostly unstable to a more wealthy and stable status? What significance does this have on Soto's overall book?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)