|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yollie especially talented at?
2. Which subject does Victor elect to take?
3. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
4. What does Manuel volunteer for?
5. How does the audience react to Manuel's performance?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze "The Karate Kid" and discuss how Gilbert's desire to become a karate master and defeat the school bully is diminished by the reality of the situation.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)