|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilbert fantasize about?
2. What was Victor saving money for?
3. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
4. What is Yollie especially talented at?
5. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the motif of financial instability within the families in "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Why is that information included in every story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Gilbert from "The Karate Kid" to Manuel in "La Bamba" by analyzing their motivations, their insecurities, their confidence, and their relationships with their family.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and evaluate how Soto associates ethnicity to each of his family's financial status.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)