|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who distracts Manuel at the practice?
2. Which of the following was NOT included in Victor's course schedule?
3. What has Victor's friend decided to do in an attempt to get girls' attention?
4. What does Victor think of his friend's plan?
5. Where is Yollie when she realizes the catastrophe she is experiencing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
2. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
3. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
4. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
5. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
6. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
7. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
8. Describe Michael Torres.
9. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
10. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the conflict between Hector and Luis and its importance, in "Two Dreamers."
Essay Topic 3
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)