|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor do to show off in French class?
2. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
3. What extracurricular activity is Yollie captain of?
4. Where is Lupe, the best student?
5. What happens to the record when Manuel performs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
2. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
3. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
4. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
5. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
6. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
7. Describe Michael Torres.
8. What happens to Manuel at practice?
9. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
10. Describe Yollie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Yollie's reaction to her dress's dye running with Veronica's reaction to the loss of her Barbie doll's head. What does Soto suggest about childhood with these two devastating moments.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how baseball immerses everyone involved by analyzing its effect on Jesse in "Baseball in April."
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)