|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete do to anger Gilbert?
2. What happens at the dance to make Yollie horrified?
3. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
4. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
5. What is the one thing Lupe cannot do?
Essay Topic 1
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Soto's theme of the adolescent boy being motivated by his school crush. What is his purpose is for reiterating this idea with familiar events.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)