|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
2. Where is Yollie when she realizes the catastrophe she is experiencing?
3. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
4. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
5. What does Victor think of his friend's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
2. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
3. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
4. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
5. What is Manuel's financial status?
6. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
7. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
8. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
9. What does Manuel volunteer for?
10. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Soto transition his families finances from poor and mostly unstable to a more wealthy and stable status? What significance does this have on Soto's overall book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how baseball immerses everyone involved by analyzing its effect on Jesse in "Baseball in April."
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)