|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What extracurricular activity is Yollie captain of?
2. What does Mrs. Moreno buy for Yollie's school dance?
3. What is Pete's nickname?
4. What movie does Raymundo introduce to Gilbert?
5. What school does Gilbert attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
2. Describe Michael Torres.
3. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
4. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
5. Describe Yollie.
6. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
7. What does Manuel volunteer for?
8. Describe Teresa.
9. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
10. Why does Victor want to take French?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze "The Karate Kid" and discuss how Gilbert's desire to become a karate master and defeat the school bully is diminished by the reality of the situation.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)