|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes by himself to see The Karate Kid Part Two?
2. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
3. What is Yollie especially talented at?
4. What does Lupe's mom notice while they do dishes together?
5. Who does Victor look for during the second half of lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor want to take French?
2. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
3. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
4. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
5. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
6. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
7. What does Manuel volunteer for?
8. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
9. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
10. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the broken chain in " Broken Chain" is a symbol of for Alfonso's adolescent life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of overcoming failure and finding one's ability in "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)