|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does Lupe begin to master?
2. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
3. Who distracts Manuel at the practice?
4. Which of the following was NOT included in Victor's course schedule?
5. Where is Lupe, the best student?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
2. Describe Lupe Medrano.
3. What happens to Manuel at practice?
4. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
5. What does Manuel volunteer for?
6. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
7. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
8. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
9. What is Manuel's financial status?
10. Why does Victor want to take French?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Soto transition his families finances from poor and mostly unstable to a more wealthy and stable status? What significance does this have on Soto's overall book?
Essay Topic 2
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how baseball immerses everyone involved by analyzing its effect on Jesse in "Baseball in April."
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)