|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pete?
2. Why does Manuel become nervous after he volunteers?
3. Who asks Victor for help in French class at the end of the story?
4. What movie does Raymundo introduce to Gilbert?
5. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
2. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
3. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
4. Describe Michael Torres.
5. What is Manuel's financial status?
6. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
7. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
8. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
9. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
10. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Gilbert from "The Karate Kid" to Manuel in "La Bamba" by analyzing their motivations, their insecurities, their confidence, and their relationships with their family.
Essay Topic 2
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the conflict between Hector and Luis and its importance, in "Two Dreamers."
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)