|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Yollie when she realizes the catastrophe she is experiencing?
2. What does Lupe's mom notice while they do dishes together?
3. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
4. What skills and moves do Gilbert and Raymundo practice?
5. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
2. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
3. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
4. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
5. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
6. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
7. Why does Victor want to take French?
8. Describe Lupe Medrano.
9. Describe Pete the Heat.
10. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how baseball immerses everyone involved by analyzing its effect on Jesse in "Baseball in April."
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Gilbert from "The Karate Kid" to Manuel in "La Bamba" by analyzing their motivations, their insecurities, their confidence, and their relationships with their family.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)