|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilbert think he needs to defeat Pete?
2. How much money has Mrs. Moreno saved?
3. What does Gilbert fantasize about?
4. Who is Raymundo?
5. Who asks Victor for help in French class at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
2. Describe Teresa.
3. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
4. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
5. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
6. Describe Michael Torres.
7. Describe Lupe Medrano.
8. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
9. Describe Pete the Heat.
10. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of overcoming failure and finding one's ability in "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the conflict between Hector and Luis and its importance, in "Two Dreamers."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze "The Karate Kid" and discuss how Gilbert's desire to become a karate master and defeat the school bully is diminished by the reality of the situation.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)