|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money has Mrs. Moreno saved?
2. Who does Manuel want to impress?
3. Where is Lupe, the best student?
4. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
5. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Soto's theme of the adolescent boy being motivated by his school crush. What is his purpose is for reiterating this idea with familiar events.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 3
Explain where the tension of "Mother and Daughter" lies.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)