|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
2. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
3. Where does Lupe live?
4. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
5. How does the audience react to Manuel's performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
2. Describe Teresa.
3. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
4. Describe Pete the Heat.
5. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
6. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
7. Why does Victor want to take French?
8. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
9. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
10. Describe Michael Torres.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the stories in "Baseball in April and Other Stories" consisting of Hispanic families in California.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)