|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
2. What color does Mrs. Moreno dye Yolle's dress?
3. How old is Yollie?
4. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
5. What skills and moves do Gilbert and Raymundo practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
2. Describe Yollie.
3. What is Manuel's financial status?
4. What does Manuel volunteer for?
5. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
6. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
7. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
8. Why does Victor want to take French?
9. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
10. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what the conflict between Hector and Luis and its importance, in "Two Dreamers."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of overcoming failure and finding one's ability in "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 3
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)