|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills and moves do Gilbert and Raymundo practice?
2. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
3. How much money has Mrs. Moreno saved?
4. How is Manuel's performance seen by the audience?
5. Which subject does Victor elect to take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
2. What does Manuel volunteer for?
3. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
4. Describe Pete the Heat.
5. Why does Victor want to take French?
6. What happens to Manuel at practice?
7. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
8. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
9. Describe Teresa.
10. Describe Yollie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Yollie's reaction to her dress's dye running with Veronica's reaction to the loss of her Barbie doll's head. What does Soto suggest about childhood with these two devastating moments.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and evaluate how Soto associates ethnicity to each of his family's financial status.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)