|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dangles upside down after trying to climb the school yard fence?
2. What does Fausto's family not have money for?
3. Who is Yolanda Solis?
4. What does Fausto do to his story when he retells how he found Fausto?
5. Where does Fausto go the day after he meets Roger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
2. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
3. What does Fausto do with his reward money?
4. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
5. Describe the Red Caps.
6. Describe Jesse.
7. Describe Alfonso's family life.
8. What happens at the Little League try outs?
9. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
10. Describe Luis.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the feeling of guilt between Fausto in "The No-Guitar Blues" with Maria in "Growing Up," by looking at their adolescent perspective.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)