|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Fausto earn after a few hours of working?
2. Where do Hector's grandparents live?
3. What is the status of the local baseball team in "Broken Chain"?
4. What ethnicity is Fausto?
5. What does Fausto do with Roger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis.
2. Describe where Hector lives.
3. Who is Donna?
4. How does "Barbie" end?
5. Who is Sandra.
6. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
7. Describe Hector's grandmother.
8. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
9. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
10. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the stories in "Baseball in April and Other Stories" consisting of Hispanic families in California.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the broken chain in " Broken Chain" is a symbol of for Alfonso's adolescent life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Soto's theme of the adolescent boy being motivated by his school crush. What is his purpose is for reiterating this idea with familiar events.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)