|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jesse and his brother try out for?
2. Where do Hector and Luis look at property?
3. How far does the main character live from the person he meets on his walk in "Broken Chain"?
4. Who puts an unofficial baseball league together in "Baseball in April"?
5. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Roger?
2. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
3. Describe where Hector lives.
4. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
5. Describe Hector's grandmother.
6. Describe Luis.
7. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
8. Who is Sandra.
9. Who is Donna?
10. Describe Alfonso's family life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the repeated motif of the grandfather-grandson relationship is particularly significant to Soto.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how baseball immerses everyone involved by analyzing its effect on Jesse in "Baseball in April."
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the feeling of guilt between Fausto in "The No-Guitar Blues" with Maria in "Growing Up," by looking at their adolescent perspective.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)