Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
2. How old is Jesse's brother?
3. What does Luis finally give up on?
4. Where does Veronica go to look for her doll?
5. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis.
2. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
3. Describe Hector's grandmother.
4. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
5. How does "Barbie" end?
6. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
7. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
8. What does Manuel volunteer for?
9. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
10. Describe Yollie.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Soto's theme of the adolescent boy being motivated by his school crush. What is his purpose is for reiterating this idea with familiar events.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the motif of financial instability within the families in "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Why is that information included in every story?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)