Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
2. How old is Jesse's brother?
3. What does Luis finally give up on?
4. Where does Veronica go to look for her doll?
5. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis.
2. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
3. Describe Hector's grandmother.
4. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
5. How does "Barbie" end?
6. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
7. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
8. What does Manuel volunteer for?
9. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
10. Describe Yollie.
Discuss why the repeated motif of the grandfather-grandson relationship is particularly significant to Soto.
Analyze and evaluate how Soto associates ethnicity to each of his family's financial status.
Explain where the tension of "Mother and Daughter" lies.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)