|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Fausto given by Roger's owners?
2. Where does Fausto go the day after he meets Roger?
3. In "Broken Chain," who does the main character meet on his walk?
4. At the end of "Broken Chain," who lends the main character a bike?
5. Who does Fausto see at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maria feel about Disneyland?
2. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
3. How does Maria feel when her family is gone?
4. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
5. Why does Victor want to take French?
6. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
7. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
8. Describe where Hector lives.
9. Who is Roger?
10. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of overcoming failure and finding one's ability in "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the conflict between Hector and Luis and its importance, in "Two Dreamers."
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)