Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
2. How old is Jesse's brother?
3. What does Luis finally give up on?
4. Where does Veronica go to look for her doll?
5. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis.
2. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
3. Describe Hector's grandmother.
4. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
5. How does "Barbie" end?
6. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
7. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
8. What does Manuel volunteer for?
9. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
10. Describe Yollie.
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Analyze "The Karate Kid" and discuss how Gilbert's desire to become a karate master and defeat the school bully is diminished by the reality of the situation.
Compare and contrast Yollie's reaction to her dress's dye running with Veronica's reaction to the loss of her Barbie doll's head. What does Soto suggest about childhood with these two devastating moments.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)