|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Veronica Solis?
2. How many dolls does Martha have?
3. How does Jesse's brother perform?
4. What do Jesse and his brother try out for?
5. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Hector's grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
2. How does "Barbie" end?
3. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
4. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
5. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
6. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
7. Describe where Hector lives.
8. Why does Jesse worry at the end of "Baseball in April"?
9. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
10. Describe the Red Caps.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of overcoming failure and finding one's ability in "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Explain where the tension of "Mother and Daughter" lies.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)