|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ethnicity is Fausto?
2. Who does Fausto see at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
3. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Hector's grandmother?
4. Where does Veronica go after Rudy makes his announcement?
5. What does Luis know nothing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
2. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
3. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
4. What does Alfonso do that almost ruins his planned date?
5. Describe Luis.
6. Who is Donna?
7. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
8. Describe where Hector lives.
9. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
10. Describe Veronica's desire for a new Barbie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what the conflict between Hector and Luis and its importance, in "Two Dreamers."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)