|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse's team's first opponent?
2. What does Fausto's family not have money for?
3. What ethnicity is Fausto?
4. What is the last item Fausto gives away?
5. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
2. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
3. Describe Luis.
4. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
5. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
6. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
7. Describe Jesse.
8. Who is Roger?
9. Why does Jesse worry at the end of "Baseball in April"?
10. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the repeated motif of the grandfather-grandson relationship is particularly significant to Soto.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and evaluate how Soto associates ethnicity to each of his family's financial status.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)