|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veronica do when she realizes what has happened on her walk home?
2. Who dangles upside down after trying to climb the school yard fence?
3. Who is Jesse in "Baseball in April"?
4. Who is Yolanda Solis?
5. How far does the main character live from the person he meets on his walk in "Broken Chain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
2. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
3. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
4. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
5. Who is Sandra.
6. Describe Alfonso's family life.
7. Who is Martha?
8. Describe Luis.
9. Describe the Red Caps.
10. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and evaluate how Soto associates ethnicity to each of his family's financial status.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)