|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rudy announce after giving Veronica her gift?
2. What holiday just occurred in "Broken Chain"?
3. What does Veronica do when she realizes what has happened on her walk home?
4. Where does Veronica go the day after she gets her new doll?
5. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
2. Who is Donna?
3. Describe Alfonso's family life.
4. Describe Veronica's desire for a new Barbie.
5. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
6. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
7. Who is Martha?
8. Describe the Red Caps.
9. Describe Hector's grandmother.
10. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 3
Explain what the conflict between Hector and Luis and its importance, in "Two Dreamers."
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)