|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Luis want to avoid confrontation with?
2. Who is Veronica Solis?
3. Where does Veronica go after Rudy makes his announcement?
4. Who is Jesse in "Baseball in April"?
5. In "Broken Chain," who does the main character meet on his walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Manuel.
2. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
3. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
4. What happens at the Little League try outs?
5. Describe Michael Torres.
6. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
7. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
8. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
9. Describe Jesse.
10. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Soto transition his families finances from poor and mostly unstable to a more wealthy and stable status? What significance does this have on Soto's overall book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Gilbert from "The Karate Kid" to Manuel in "La Bamba" by analyzing their motivations, their insecurities, their confidence, and their relationships with their family.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)