|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
2. Who begins to teach Fausto how to play the guitar?
3. What does Fausto do with the money he was given as a reward?
4. Who is Donna?
5. When did Veronica get her first doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
2. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
3. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
4. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
5. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
6. Who is Martha?
7. Who is Roger?
8. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
9. Who is Donna?
10. Describe Luis.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the repeated motif of the grandfather-grandson relationship is particularly significant to Soto.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the broken chain in " Broken Chain" is a symbol of for Alfonso's adolescent life.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)