|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veronica do when she realizes what has happened on her walk home?
2. At the end of "Broken Chain," who lends the main character a bike?
3. Who dangles upside down after trying to climb the school yard fence?
4. What is Jesse's team named?
5. What holiday just occurred in "Broken Chain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
2. Describe the Red Caps.
3. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
4. Describe Jesse.
5. Who is Manuel.
6. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
7. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
8. Describe where Hector lives.
9. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
10. How does "Barbie" end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Gilbert from "The Karate Kid" to Manuel in "La Bamba" by analyzing their motivations, their insecurities, their confidence, and their relationships with their family.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)