Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
2. How old is Jesse's brother?
3. What does Luis finally give up on?
4. Where does Veronica go to look for her doll?
5. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Luis.
2. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
3. Describe Hector's grandmother.
4. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
5. How does "Barbie" end?
6. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
7. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
8. What does Manuel volunteer for?
9. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
10. Describe Yollie.
Why does Soto transition his families finances from poor and mostly unstable to a more wealthy and stable status? What significance does this have on Soto's overall book?
Compare and contrast Gilbert from "The Karate Kid" to Manuel in "La Bamba" by analyzing their motivations, their insecurities, their confidence, and their relationships with their family.
Describe how baseball immerses everyone involved by analyzing its effect on Jesse in "Baseball in April."
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)