|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hector request from his grandfather?
2. What does Veronica want?
3. Who wins the first game in "Baseball in April"?
4. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
5. Who is Donna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the local baseball team in "Broken Chain" is doing in its season.
2. Who is Roger?
3. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
4. Who is Donna?
5. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
6. Who is Sandra.
7. Describe Jesse.
8. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
9. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
10. Who is Manuel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the repeated motif of the grandfather-grandson relationship is particularly significant to Soto.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)