|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to teach Fausto how to play the guitar?
2. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
3. What does the main character ask his new friend, in "Broken Chain"?
4. How does Jesse perform?
5. What happens between the friends before Veronica leaves Martha's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
2. What does Fausto do with his reward money?
3. Describe Hector's grandmother.
4. Who is Sandra.
5. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
6. Describe Veronica's desire for a new Barbie.
7. Who is Roger?
8. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
9. How does "Barbie" end?
10. Describe how the local baseball team in "Broken Chain" is doing in its season.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain where the tension of "Mother and Daughter" lies.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the stories in "Baseball in April and Other Stories" consisting of Hispanic families in California.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the repeated motif of the grandfather-grandson relationship is particularly significant to Soto.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)