|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Hector's grandmother?
2. What does Luis do for a living?
3. How much does Fausto earn after a few hours of working?
4. What does Veronica do when she realizes what has happened on her walk home?
5. Who is the protagonist in "Broken Chain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Manuel.
2. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
3. Who is Roger?
4. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
5. What does Alfonso do that almost ruins his planned date?
6. Who is Donna?
7. Describe where Hector lives.
8. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
9. Describe Jesse.
10. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Yollie's reaction to her dress's dye running with Veronica's reaction to the loss of her Barbie doll's head. What does Soto suggest about childhood with these two devastating moments.
Essay Topic 2
Explain where the tension of "Mother and Daughter" lies.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)