|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Veronica put her dolls, at the end of "Barbie"?
2. What is Jesse's brother's name?
3. What is the last item Fausto gives away?
4. Who is Roger?
5. Where does Veronica go the day after she gets her new doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Roger?
2. Who is Sandra.
3. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
4. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
5. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
6. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
7. Describe where Hector lives.
8. Describe Luis.
9. Describe the Red Caps.
10. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Yollie's reaction to her dress's dye running with Veronica's reaction to the loss of her Barbie doll's head. What does Soto suggest about childhood with these two devastating moments.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the broken chain in " Broken Chain" is a symbol of for Alfonso's adolescent life.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)