|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rudy?
2. Where does Veronica go after Rudy makes his announcement?
3. What does Fausto's family not have money for?
4. What does Fausto do with the money he was given as a reward?
5. What is Jesse's brother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Little League try outs?
2. Describe how the local baseball team in "Broken Chain" is doing in its season.
3. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
4. Who is Martha?
5. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
6. How does "Barbie" end?
7. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
8. Why does Jesse worry at the end of "Baseball in April"?
9. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
10. Who is Manuel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Soto's theme of the adolescent boy being motivated by his school crush. What is his purpose is for reiterating this idea with familiar events.
Essay Topic 3
Explain where the tension of "Mother and Daughter" lies.
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)