|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Veronica realize on her walk home from her friends house?
2. What does Fausto do to earn some money?
3. What is the last item Fausto gives away?
4. Why is Jesse impressed by the opposing team?
5. Who loses interest in the team in "Baseball in April"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the Little League try outs?
2. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
3. Describe where Hector lives.
4. What does Alfonso do that almost ruins his planned date?
5. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
6. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
7. Why does Jesse worry at the end of "Baseball in April"?
8. Who is Roger?
9. Describe Alfonso's family life.
10. Describe Veronica's desire for a new Barbie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 2
In "Barbie," explain the significance of Veronica's lost Barbie doll head and how that loss reflects childhood dreams.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Soto's theme of the adolescent boy being motivated by his school crush. What is his purpose is for reiterating this idea with familiar events.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)