|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fausto do to his story when he retells how he found Fausto?
2. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
3. Who is Jesse in "Baseball in April"?
4. Where does Veronica go the day after she gets her new doll?
5. How does Jesse perform?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Donna?
2. What does Alfonso do that almost ruins his planned date?
3. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
4. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
5. Describe the Red Caps.
6. Describe Hector's grandmother.
7. What happens at the Little League try outs?
8. Describe Luis.
9. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
10. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why "The Marble Champ" is the most straightforward story in the collection of "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Gilbert from "The Karate Kid" to Manuel in "La Bamba" by analyzing their motivations, their insecurities, their confidence, and their relationships with their family.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)