|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hector telephone in "Two Dreamers"?
2. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
3. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
4. What part of town does Fausto realize Roger is from?
5. Why does the main character feel foolish and disappointed after the holiday in "Broken Chain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
2. What does Alfonso do that almost ruins his planned date?
3. Who is Manuel.
4. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
5. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
6. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
7. Describe Hector's grandmother.
8. Describe the Red Caps.
9. Describe Alfonso's family life.
10. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Yollie's reaction to her dress's dye running with Veronica's reaction to the loss of her Barbie doll's head. What does Soto suggest about childhood with these two devastating moments.
Essay Topic 2
Describe what Soto is suggesting about adolescent girls through his character Teresa in "Seventh Grade," who asserts her interest in Victor after having a class together.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the emotions Maria experiences from her recollection of Disneyland to her family's return home from vacation. Do you think Maria's emotions are natural?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)