|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis think he is not very good at?
2. How much money is Fausto given by Roger's owners?
3. What is Fausto watching at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
4. Who does Hector telephone in "Two Dreamers"?
5. What does Luis know nothing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
2. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
3. Describe where Hector lives.
4. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
5. Describe Veronica's desire for a new Barbie.
6. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
7. Describe the Red Caps.
8. How does "Barbie" end?
9. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
10. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the stories in "Baseball in April and Other Stories" consisting of Hispanic families in California.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of three characters and their motivations in the stories "Baseball in April and Other Stories." Specifically, what do they invest their time and energy on.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Soto transition his families finances from poor and mostly unstable to a more wealthy and stable status? What significance does this have on Soto's overall book?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)