|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is "Broken Chain" set in?
2. What does Fausto do to his story when he retells how he found Fausto?
3. How does Fausto feel after taking the money?
4. What is Jesse's coach's name?
5. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pete the Heat.
2. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
3. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
4. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
5. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
6. What happens at the Little League try outs?
7. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
8. Who is Martha?
9. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
10. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and evaluate how Soto associates ethnicity to each of his family's financial status.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of overcoming failure and finding one's ability in "Baseball in April and Other Stories."
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the stories in "Baseball in April and Other Stories" consisting of Hispanic families in California.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)