|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contest does Lupe win at the public library?
(a) The spelling bee.
(b) The accelerated reader list award.
(c) The reading contest.
(d) A free book.
2. What does Lupe's mom notice while they do dishes together?
(a) Lupe's arm muscles.
(b) Lupe's thumb muscles.
(c) Lupe's hand muscles.
3. What does Lupe win at the science fair?
(a) A blue ribbon.
(b) Third place.
(c) First place.
(d) A trophy.
4. With whom does Gilbert live?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His dad.
(c) His middle class Hispanic family.
(d) His upper class Hispanic family.
5. Who does Victor impress in "Seventh Grade"?
(a) His French teacher.
(d) His mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who distracts Manuel at the practice?
2. What movie does Raymundo introduce to Gilbert?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Mrs. Moreno, Yollie's mom?
4. Where does Yollie go on her first date?
5. What school does Gilbert attend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor want to take French?
2. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
3. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
4. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
5. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
6. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
7. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
8. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
9. What is Manuel's financial status?
10. Describe Pete the Heat.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)