|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moreno buy for Yollie's school dance?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A new necklace.
(c) A new dress.
(d) New make up.
2. Who is Ernie Castillo?
(a) A bully at Yollie's school.
(b) Yollie's best friend.
(c) Yollie's crush.
(d) Yollie's cousin.
3. What does Pete do to anger Gilbert?
(a) Yells at Gilbert.
(b) Yells at his friend.
(c) Cuts in the lunch line.
(d) Yells at his girlfriend.
4. What happens to the record when Manuel performs?
(a) It is way too fast.
(b) It is blank.
(c) It skips over and over.
(d) It sounds like it's been tampered with.
5. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
(a) His interest in music.
(b) His interest in French.
(c) His interest in Tess.
(d) His interest in Teresa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pete's nickname?
2. Who is Raymundo?
3. What does Gilbert ask his mom for?
4. How much money has Mrs. Moreno saved?
5. Who is Pete?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
2. Describe Michael Torres.
3. Describe Teresa.
4. What is Manuel's financial status?
5. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
6. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
7. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
8. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
9. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
10. Why does Victor want to take French?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)