|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Yollie especially talented at?
2. Who is Pete?
(a) Gilbert's neighbor.
(b) Gilbert's friend.
(c) Gilbert's rival.
(d) The school bully.
3. For what reason did Victor choose his elective?
(a) He already spoke Spanish.
(b) He already spoke Latin.
(c) He thought it was a pretty language.
(d) He already spoke French.
4. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
(a) One of the dumbest girls.
(b) One of the prettiest girls.
(c) One of the smartest girls.
(d) One of the wealthiest girls.
5. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manuel's dad do for a living?
2. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
3. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
4. What color does Mrs. Moreno dye Yolle's dress?
5. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
2. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
3. Describe Yollie.
4. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
5. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
6. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
7. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
8. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
9. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
10. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)