|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilbert fantasize about?
(a) Eating Pete's lunch.
(b) Having an accident that prevents him from going to practice.
(c) Beating Pete up.
(d) Bullying Pete.
2. How much money has Mrs. Moreno saved?
3. How is Manuel's performance seen by the audience?
(a) As professional.
(b) As an embarassment.
(c) As very talented.
(d) As comical.
4. What happens to the record when Manuel performs?
(a) It is blank.
(b) It skips over and over.
(c) It is way too fast.
(d) It sounds like it's been tampered with.
5. What does Victor think of his friend's plan?
(a) It's a bad idea.
(b) He's an idiot.
(c) He's really smart.
(d) It's a good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gilbert Sanchez?
2. What does Manuel plan to perform?
3. Who helps Lupe improve her skills in "The Marble Champ"?
4. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
5. With whom does Gilbert live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
2. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
3. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
4. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
5. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
6. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
7. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
8. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
9. Describe Teresa.
10. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)