|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the record when Manuel performs?
(a) It skips over and over.
(b) It sounds like it's been tampered with.
(c) It is blank.
(d) It is way too fast.
2. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
(a) One of the smartest girls.
(b) One of the dumbest girls.
(c) One of the wealthiest girls.
(d) One of the prettiest girls.
3. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
(a) To accomodate Pete in the lunch line.
(b) Give him his money.
(c) Give him his lunch.
(d) Give him his homework.
4. Who does Manuel want to impress?
(a) A particular girl.
(b) His family.
(c) No one.
(d) A teacher.
5. How does the audience react to Manuel's performance?
(b) Very pleased.
(c) In soft applause.
(d) Embarassed for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who distracts Manuel at the practice?
2. When does Victor's crush first speak to him?
3. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
4. What does Manuel plan to perform?
5. What does Pete flatten Gilbert with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Victor want to take French?
2. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
3. Describe Lupe Medrano.
4. Describe Pete the Heat.
5. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
6. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
7. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
8. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
9. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
10. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)