|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lupe, the best student?
(a) At her piano recital.
(b) At her local theatre.
(c) At her ballet recital.
(d) At her chorus concert.
2. How does the audience react to Manuel's performance?
(b) Embarassed for him.
(c) Very pleased.
(d) In soft applause.
3. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A pharmacist.
4. What skills and moves do Gilbert and Raymundo practice?
5. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
(a) One of the dumbest girls.
(b) One of the wealthiest girls.
(c) One of the smartest girls.
(d) One of the prettiest girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Victor's friend decided to do in an attempt to get girls' attention?
2. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
3. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
4. Where does Yollie go on her first date?
5. What does Pete do to anger Gilbert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Yollie.
2. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
3. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
4. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
5. What happens at the end of "Seventh Grade"?
6. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
7. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
8. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
9. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
10. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)