|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Manuel's performance seen by the audience?
(a) As very talented.
(b) As professional.
(c) As an embarassment.
(d) As comical.
2. Who is Raymundo?
(a) Gilbert's dad.
(b) Gilbert's best friend.
(c) Gilbert's brother.
(d) Gilbert's cousin.
3. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
(a) Give him his lunch.
(b) Give him his homework.
(c) Give him his money.
(d) To accomodate Pete in the lunch line.
4. With whom does Gilbert live?
(a) His dad.
(b) His middle class Hispanic family.
(c) His upper class Hispanic family.
(d) His grandparents.
5. What does Gilbert fantasize about?
(a) Beating Pete up.
(b) Eating Pete's lunch.
(c) Having an accident that prevents him from going to practice.
(d) Bullying Pete.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
2. What does Victor think of his friend's plan?
3. What is Pete's nickname?
4. Which of the following was NOT included in Victor's course schedule?
5. Who does Victor impress in "Seventh Grade"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
2. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
3. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
4. Describe Yollie.
5. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
6. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
7. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
8. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
9. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
10. What is Manuel's financial status?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)