|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which subject does Victor elect to take?
2. How many siblings does Manuel go to school with?
(a) At least 1.
(b) Only 2.
(c) Always 3.
(d) At least 2.
3. Who does Victor impress in "Seventh Grade"?
(b) His mom.
(c) His French teacher.
4. How old is Gilbert Sanchez?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
5. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
(a) Like a mad man.
(b) Like a wrestler.
(c) Like a statue.
(d) Like a stork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Mrs. Moreno, Yollie's mom?
3. What is Pete's nickname?
4. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
5. Where is Lupe, the best student?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
2. What is significant about the $100 Mrs. Moreno has saved?
3. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
4. What does Manuel volunteer for?
5. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
6. Describe Michael Torres.
7. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
8. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
9. What is Manuel's financial status?
10. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)