|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Victor saving money for?
(a) School clothes.
(b) A trip to see his dad.
(c) A ski trip.
(d) A trip to see his mom.
2. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
(a) Lupe has to forfeit because of muscle cramps.
(b) Lupe beats everyone and becomes the town champion.
(c) Lupe loses to the last girl opponent.
(d) Lupe loses agains the last boy opponent.
3. Who is Ernie Castillo?
(a) A bully at Yollie's school.
(b) Yollie's best friend.
(c) Yollie's cousin.
(d) Yollie's crush.
4. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
5. What school does Gilbert attend?
(c) He's home schooled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skills and moves do Gilbert and Raymundo practice?
2. What does Gilbert ask his mom for?
3. How much money has Mrs. Moreno saved?
4. What movie does Raymundo introduce to Gilbert?
5. What has Victor's friend decided to do in an attempt to get girls' attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
2. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
3. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
4. What is Manuel's financial status?
5. Describe Lupe Medrano.
6. What is common knowledge at school and why is it important?
7. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
8. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
9. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
10. Describe Pete the Heat.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)