|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Victor not impress in "Seventh Grade"?
(a) His mom.
(c) His French teacher.
2. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
(a) His interest in Tess.
(b) His interest in music.
(c) His interest in French.
(d) His interest in Teresa.
3. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
(a) How he will out do this year's act.
(b) How he's going to ask out his crush.
(c) His new pursuit of a dance career.
(d) His next year's act.
4. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A pharmacist.
5. Who distracts Manuel at the practice?
(a) His dad.
(b) A trumpet player.
(c) His crush.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
2. What color does Mrs. Moreno dye Yolle's dress?
3. What does Pete do to anger Gilbert?
4. How old is Yollie?
5. What contest does Lupe win at the public library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
2. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
3. How is Manuel's act received by the audience?
4. Describe Yollie.
5. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
6. Describe Pete the Heat.
7. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
8. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
9. Describe Lupe Medrano.
10. How does Gilbert get out of finishing his lessons?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)