|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
(a) Like a stork.
(b) Like a wrestler.
(c) Like a mad man.
(d) Like a statue.
2. What does Manuel volunteer for?
(a) The school debate team.
(b) The school blood drive.
(c) The school garage sale.
(d) The school talent show.
3. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
4. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
(a) Janice spilt punch all over Yollie's dress.
(b) She is late for her curfew.
(c) She doesn't want anyone to notice her dress is dripping.
(d) Ernie kissed her best friend.
5. Who is Ernie Castillo?
(a) Yollie's best friend.
(b) Yollie's cousin.
(c) Yollie's crush.
(d) A bully at Yollie's school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Mrs. Moreno dye Yolle's dress?
2. When does Victor's crush first speak to him?
3. Which of the following was NOT included in Victor's course schedule?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Mrs. Moreno, Yollie's mom?
5. What does Lupe's mom notice while they do dishes together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
2. Describe the significance to the end of "Mother and Daughter."
3. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
4. What happens to Manuel at practice?
5. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
6. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
7. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
8. Describe Michael Torres.
9. How does Lupe prepare for her competition in marble shooting?
10. What does Manuel volunteer for?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)