|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Victor's crush first speak to him?
(a) After homeroom.
(b) After lunch.
(c) In French class.
(d) At lunch.
2. Where is Lupe, the best student?
(a) At her chorus concert.
(b) At her ballet recital.
(c) At her piano recital.
(d) At her local theatre.
3. Who does Gilbert have a crush on?
4. How old is Gilbert Sanchez?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
5. What does Gilbert ask his mom for?
(a) Money for The Karate Kid Part Two.
(b) Money to pay for lessons.
(c) Money to pay for lunch.
(d) Money to go to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilbert think he needs to defeat Pete?
2. Who is Ernie Castillo?
3. Which of the following body parts does Lupe NOT build strength in?
4. Who does Manuel want to impress?
5. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Yollie leaves the school dance.
2. Why does Lupe want to master marble shooting?
3. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
4. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
5. How does Gilbert react to his fight with Pete?
6. Describe Gilbert's attitude towards karate after he enrolls in lessons.
7. Why does Victor want to take French?
8. What is Manuel's financial status?
9. Explain why Victor has picked grapes all summer in "Seventh Grade."
10. Describe Lupe Medrano.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)