|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
(a) The park.
(c) The movies.
2. What becomes apparent about the volunteer league?
(a) There are only 2 teams.
(b) They are great at preparing players for Little League.
(c) They aren't very good.
(d) There are only 3 teams.
3. What is Jesse's coach's name?
4. What does Fausto do with the money he was given as a reward?
(a) Buys a hot dog.
(b) Buys a used guitar.
(c) Puts it in the offering plate.
(d) Makes a down payment on a new guitar.
5. What does Fausto's family not have money for?
(a) To pay for guitar lessons.
(b) To buy Fausto a new guitar.
(c) To pay for culinary school.
(d) To pay for a drum set.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is the main character of "Broken Chain" in?
2. In "Broken Chain," what does the main character ask his mother for?
3. What does the main character ask his new friend, in "Broken Chain"?
4. What ethnicity is the protagonist and his family in "Broken Chain"?
5. What does Hector request from his grandfather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
2. Describe Alfonso's family life.
3. Describe Jesse.
4. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
5. What happens at the Little League try outs?
6. Describe Luis.
7. Describe Hector's grandmother.
8. Who is Manuel.
9. Describe where Hector lives.
10. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)