|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hector's grandmother often chastise Luis for?
(b) Not taking out the trash.
(d) Falling asleep at the table.
2. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
3. What does Veronica realize on her walk home from her friends house?
(a) Her new Babrie is missing its head.
(b) He new Barbie is torn.
(c) She has an old Barbie.
(d) She has Ken.
4. How much money is Fausto given by Roger's owners?
5. What does Veronica do when she realizes what has happened on her walk home?
(a) She yells at Martha.
(b) She cries all the way home.
(c) She retraces her steps.
(d) She calls her mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of the local baseball team in "Broken Chain"?
2. How far does the main character live from the person he meets on his walk in "Broken Chain"?
3. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
4. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
5. What does Fausto do to earn some money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Veronica's desire for a new Barbie.
2. Who is Donna?
3. Describe what Martha tries to do with Veronica's dolls.
4. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
5. Who is Martha?
6. Describe Alfonso's family life.
7. Describe Jesse.
8. Who does Luis call on the telephone?
9. Why does Jesse worry at the end of "Baseball in April"?
10. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)