|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is "Broken Chain" set in?
2. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
3. Who dangles upside down after trying to climb the school yard fence?
(c) Sandra's brother.
4. What does Fausto do to his story when he retells how he found Fausto?
(a) He never retells it.
(b) Exaggerates it.
(c) Embellishes it.
(d) Leaves part of it out.
5. Who made a large amount of money in real estate, in "Two Dreamers"?
(a) Hector's aunt.
(b) Hector's dad.
(c) Hector's uncle.
(d) Hector's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rudy announce after giving Veronica her gift?
2. What ethnicity is Fausto?
3. What does Luis think he is not very good at?
4. Who is Roger?
5. Who loses interest in the team in "Baseball in April"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hector's grandmother.
2. What does Fausto do with his reward money?
3. Why does Jesse worry at the end of "Baseball in April"?
4. Describe Veronica's new Barbie.
5. Who is Manuel.
6. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
7. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
8. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
9. Describe how the local baseball team in "Broken Chain" is doing in its season.
10. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)