|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jesse's brother?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
2. At the end of "Broken Chain," who lends the main character a bike?
3. Where do Hector and Luis look at property?
(a) In Cabo.
(b) In Napa Valley.
(c) In San Diego.
(d) In Luis's neighborhood.
4. Who is Veronica Solis?
(a) The main character of "Two Dreamers."
(b) The main character of "Barbie."
(c) The main character of "Baseball in April."
(d) The main character of "Growing Up."
5. When did Veronica get her first doll?
(a) Ten years ago.
(b) Two Christmas's ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Two months ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the doll dressed in?
2. What are the qualifications for the new team in "Baseball in April"?
3. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
4. What does Fausto's family not have money for?
5. What ethnicity is the protagonist and his family in "Broken Chain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gilbert Sanchez.
2. What is the conflict of "Mother and Daughter"?
3. Describe how the local baseball team in "Broken Chain" is doing in its season.
4. Describe Hector's grandmother.
5. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
6. Why does Maria feel resentment when her family returns from vacation?
7. What does Manuel volunteer for?
8. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
9. Explain what happens at Gilbert and Pete's first fight.
10. Describe Teresa.
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)