|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Broken Chain," who lends the main character a bike?
2. What does Luis think he is not very good at?
(a) Writing in English.
(b) Typing in English.
(c) Speaking in English.
(d) Communicating via text message.
3. What grade is the main character of "Broken Chain" in?
4. What does Fausto do with the money he was given as a reward?
(a) Puts it in the offering plate.
(b) Makes a down payment on a new guitar.
(c) Buys a used guitar.
(d) Buys a hot dog.
5. What happens between the friends before Veronica leaves Martha's house?
(b) They end up not speaking.
(c) A fight.
(d) A scuffle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
2. What is Luis interested in?
3. How many dolls does Martha have?
4. How old is Jesse's brother?
5. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Veronica's desire for a new Barbie.
2. Describe what happens at the end of "Broken Chain."
3. Describe Jesse.
4. Describe where Hector lives.
5. What does Fausto do to try and buy a guitar?
6. What happens at the Little League try outs?
7. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
8. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
9. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
10. Describe the effect Los Lobos has on Fausto.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)