|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dolls does Martha have?
(a) Two Barbies and one Ken.
(b) Two Barbies.
(d) Two Ken's.
2. How much money is Fausto given by Roger's owners?
3. What does Luis think he is not very good at?
(a) Communicating via text message.
(b) Speaking in English.
(c) Writing in English.
(d) Typing in English.
4. Who does Fausto see at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
(a) Las Labas.
(b) Los Lonlos.
(c) Los Cabas.
(d) Los Lobos.
5. Where does Veronica go the day after she gets her new doll?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
2. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
3. What part of town does Fausto realize Roger is from?
4. What does Luis finally give up on?
5. In "Broken Chain," what does the main character break?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maria feel resentment when her family returns from vacation?
2. Describe Mrs. Moreno.
3. Describe the ending of "The No-Guitar Blues."
4. How does Maria feel about Disneyland?
5. Describe where Hector lives.
6. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
7. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
8. Why does Jesse worry at the end of "Baseball in April"?
9. Describe the Red Caps.
10. What type of investment is Luis interested in in "Two Dreamers"?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)