|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character ask his new friend, in "Broken Chain"?
(a) To go on a walk.
(b) To go get ice cream.
(c) To go to the movies.
(d) To go on a bike ride.
2. Who is Roger?
(a) Fausto's dog.
(b) Fausto's brother.
(c) A friend of Fausto's.
(d) A dog Fausto finds.
3. What physical activity does the main character take up as a result of his disappointment in "Broken Chain"?
(a) Sit ups.
(d) Push ups.
4. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
(a) The team list to be announced at school.
(b) The cast list.
(c) A telephone call, letting them know they made the team.
(d) The team list to be emailed.
5. What month is "Broken Chain" set in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
2. How does Jesse perform?
3. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
4. What does Fausto do to his story when he retells how he found Fausto?
5. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alfonso's physical state.
2. Why does Luis give Hector money at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
3. Describe Alfonso's family life.
4. Describe where Hector lives.
5. Who is Donna?
6. Who is Manuel.
7. Who ends up joining the Hobo Park team?
8. Describe Fausto's feelings after he returns Roger.
9. Describe how the local baseball team in "Broken Chain" is doing in its season.
10. Describe Hector's grandmother.
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)