|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
(a) His new pursuit of a dance career.
(b) How he will out do this year's act.
(c) His next year's act.
(d) How he's going to ask out his crush.
2. What does Manuel volunteer for?
(a) The school blood drive.
(b) The school debate team.
(c) The school garage sale.
(d) The school talent show.
3. What has Victor's friend decided to do in an attempt to get girls' attention?
(a) Never talk unless spoken to.
(b) To ask a girl on a date.
(c) Go mysterious.
(d) Scowl at all times.
4. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
5. Whom does Yollie live with?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her single mom.
(d) Her aunt and uncle.
6. What does Gilbert fantasize about?
(a) Having an accident that prevents him from going to practice.
(b) Beating Pete up.
(c) Bullying Pete.
(d) Eating Pete's lunch.
7. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
(a) Buy groceries.
(b) Buy new clothes for Yollie.
(c) Fix the toilet.
(d) Put it towards Yollie's college education.
8. What extracurricular activity is Yollie captain of?
(a) The glee club.
(c) The crossing guard.
(d) The debate team.
9. Who asks Victor for help in French class at the end of the story?
(a) No one.
10. What is the one thing Lupe cannot do?
(a) Play sports.
(b) Hit a ball.
(c) Catch a ball.
(d) Carry a tune.
11. Who helps Lupe improve her skills in "The Marble Champ"?
(a) Lupe's dad.
(b) Lupe's sister.
(c) Lupe's mom.
(d) Lupe's brother.
12. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
13. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
(a) Ernie kissed her best friend.
(b) She is late for her curfew.
(c) Janice spilt punch all over Yollie's dress.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to notice her dress is dripping.
14. What does Gilbert think he needs to defeat Pete?
(d) A karate instructor.
15. How old is Lupe Medrano?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lupe win at the science fair?
2. Where is Lupe, the best student?
3. When does Victor's crush first speak to him?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Mrs. Moreno, Yollie's mom?
5. What does Manuel plan to perform?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)