|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which subject does Victor elect to take?
2. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
(a) To accomodate Pete in the lunch line.
(b) Give him his lunch.
(c) Give him his money.
(d) Give him his homework.
3. Who asks Victor for help in French class at the end of the story?
(c) No one.
4. What does Lupe win at the science fair?
(a) Third place.
(b) A blue ribbon.
(c) A trophy.
(d) First place.
5. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
(a) Lupe beats everyone and becomes the town champion.
(b) Lupe loses agains the last boy opponent.
(c) Lupe has to forfeit because of muscle cramps.
(d) Lupe loses to the last girl opponent.
6. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
7. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
(a) His interest in French.
(b) His interest in music.
(c) His interest in Tess.
(d) His interest in Teresa.
8. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
(a) Fix the toilet.
(b) Buy groceries.
(c) Put it towards Yollie's college education.
(d) Buy new clothes for Yollie.
9. How many siblings does Manuel go to school with?
(a) At least 1.
(b) Only 2.
(c) At least 2.
(d) Always 3.
10. What does Gilbert ask his mom for?
(a) Money to pay for lunch.
(b) Money for The Karate Kid Part Two.
(c) Money to go to the movies.
(d) Money to pay for lessons.
11. What happens to the record when Manuel performs?
(a) It sounds like it's been tampered with.
(b) It is way too fast.
(c) It skips over and over.
(d) It is blank.
12. How old is Lupe Medrano?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
13. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
14. What is Yollie especially talented at?
15. Who does Gilbert have a crush on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pete do to anger Gilbert?
2. Who does Victor look for during the second half of lunch?
3. Whom does Yollie live with?
4. Which of the following was NOT included in Victor's course schedule?
5. Who goes by himself to see The Karate Kid Part Two?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)