|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
(a) His next year's act.
(b) How he will out do this year's act.
(c) How he's going to ask out his crush.
(d) His new pursuit of a dance career.
2. What is the one thing Lupe cannot do?
(a) Carry a tune.
(b) Play sports.
(c) Catch a ball.
(d) Hit a ball.
3. What does Manuel's dad do for a living?
(a) He's a teacher.
(b) He's a pharmacist.
(c) He's a banker.
(d) He's a doctor.
4. What is Pete's nickname?
(a) Don't mess with Pete.
(b) Pete the Meat.
(c) Pete the Heat.
(d) Pete's paw.
5. What does Gilbert fantasize about?
(a) Eating Pete's lunch.
(b) Beating Pete up.
(c) Having an accident that prevents him from going to practice.
(d) Bullying Pete.
6. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
(a) His interest in music.
(b) His interest in Teresa.
(c) His interest in Tess.
(d) His interest in French.
7. With whom does Gilbert live?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His upper class Hispanic family.
(c) His middle class Hispanic family.
(d) His dad.
8. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
(a) A pharmacist.
(b) A veterinarian.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A teacher.
9. Who does Victor not impress in "Seventh Grade"?
(a) His mom.
(b) His French teacher.
10. Where is Lupe, the best student?
(a) At her chorus concert.
(b) At her ballet recital.
(c) At her piano recital.
(d) At her local theatre.
11. What school does Gilbert attend?
(a) He's home schooled.
12. Who is Alfonso in "The Marble Champ"?
(a) Lupe's final rival.
(b) Lupe's best friend.
(c) Lupe's crush.
(d) A boy that Lupe beats at marble shooting.
13. How old is Yollie?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
14. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
(a) Like a wrestler.
(b) Like a statue.
(c) Like a mad man.
(d) Like a stork.
15. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
(a) Lupe beats everyone and becomes the town champion.
(b) Lupe loses to the last girl opponent.
(c) Lupe loses agains the last boy opponent.
(d) Lupe has to forfeit because of muscle cramps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
2. Who is Ernie Castillo?
3. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
4. What does Lupe win at the science fair?
5. Where is Yollie when she realizes the catastrophe she is experiencing?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)