|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is "Seventh Grade" set in?
(a) The day after spring brak in seventh grade.
(b) The first day of seventh grade.
(c) The day before fall break in seventh grade.
(d) The last day of seventh grade.
2. How old is Yollie?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
3. Whom does Yollie live with?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her single mom.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. What contest does Lupe win at the public library?
(a) A free book.
(b) The accelerated reader list award.
(c) The reading contest.
(d) The spelling bee.
5. How does the author describe Yollie and her mother's relationship?
6. Which of the following does NOT describe Mrs. Moreno, Yollie's mom?
7. What activity does Lupe begin to master?
(b) Shooting marbles.
(d) Shooting croquet.
8. What color does Mrs. Moreno dye Yolle's dress?
9. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
(a) Fix the toilet.
(b) Put it towards Yollie's college education.
(c) Buy groceries.
(d) Buy new clothes for Yollie.
10. Who does Manuel want to impress?
(a) A particular girl.
(b) His family.
(c) A teacher.
(d) No one.
11. With whom does Gilbert live?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His upper class Hispanic family.
(c) His middle class Hispanic family.
(d) His dad.
12. How old is Lupe Medrano?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
13. When does Victor's crush first speak to him?
(a) In French class.
(b) After lunch.
(c) After homeroom.
(d) At lunch.
14. What does Victor do to show off in French class?
(a) Acts like he knows the language already.
(b) Asks elaborate questions.
(c) Quotes famous French poets.
(d) Misquotes famous French authors.
15. Who does Victor look for during the second half of lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Victor's good friend's name?
2. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
3. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
4. What does Victor think of his friend's plan?
5. Why does Manuel become nervous after he volunteers?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)