|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alfonso in "The Marble Champ"?
(a) Lupe's final rival.
(b) Lupe's crush.
(c) A boy that Lupe beats at marble shooting.
(d) Lupe's best friend.
2. What does Victor think of his friend's plan?
(a) He's really smart.
(b) He's an idiot.
(c) It's a good idea.
(d) It's a bad idea.
3. Who is Pete?
(a) Gilbert's rival.
(b) The school bully.
(c) Gilbert's friend.
(d) Gilbert's neighbor.
4. Which of the following body parts does Lupe NOT build strength in?
(a) Her thumbs.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her back.
5. Who asks Victor for help in French class at the end of the story?
(a) No one.
6. What activity does Lupe begin to master?
(a) Shooting croquet.
(c) Shooting marbles.
7. Where is Lupe, the best student?
(a) At her chorus concert.
(b) At her local theatre.
(c) At her ballet recital.
(d) At her piano recital.
8. What is Yollie especially talented at?
9. Who else will be taking Victor's elective?
10. Where does Lupe live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Deigo.
11. With whom does Gilbert live?
(a) His middle class Hispanic family.
(b) His upper class Hispanic family.
(c) His dad.
(d) His grandparents.
12. Who goes by himself to see The Karate Kid Part Two?
13. What does Gilbert ask his mom for?
(a) Money to go to the movies.
(b) Money for The Karate Kid Part Two.
(c) Money to pay for lessons.
(d) Money to pay for lunch.
14. How old is Yollie?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 13 years old.
15. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
(a) Like a wrestler.
(b) Like a statue.
(c) Like a stork.
(d) Like a mad man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gilbert Sanchez?
2. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
3. Who does Manuel want to impress?
4. What does Manuel volunteer for?
5. How old is Lupe Medrano?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)