|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does Raymundo introduce to Gilbert?
(a) The Karate Chop.
(b) Fern Gully.
(c) The Next Karate Kid.
(d) The Karate Kid.
2. What does Gilbert ask his mom for?
(a) Money for The Karate Kid Part Two.
(b) Money to pay for lunch.
(c) Money to pay for lessons.
(d) Money to go to the movies.
3. Who is Ernie Castillo?
(a) A bully at Yollie's school.
(b) Yollie's cousin.
(c) Yollie's crush.
(d) Yollie's best friend.
4. Who does Victor not impress in "Seventh Grade"?
(c) His mom.
(d) His French teacher.
5. What contest does Lupe win at the public library?
(a) The accelerated reader list award.
(b) The reading contest.
(c) The spelling bee.
(d) A free book.
6. Who distracts Manuel at the practice?
(a) His crush.
(b) A trumpet player.
(c) His dad.
(d) His sister.
7. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A veterinarian.
(d) A pharmacist.
8. Who is Pete?
(a) Gilbert's friend.
(b) Gilbert's neighbor.
(c) Gilbert's rival.
(d) The school bully.
9. What happens to the record when Manuel performs?
(a) It sounds like it's been tampered with.
(b) It is way too fast.
(c) It is blank.
(d) It skips over and over.
10. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
(a) One of the prettiest girls.
(b) One of the wealthiest girls.
(c) One of the smartest girls.
(d) One of the dumbest girls.
11. What does Pete do to anger Gilbert?
(a) Yells at Gilbert.
(b) Yells at his girlfriend.
(c) Yells at his friend.
(d) Cuts in the lunch line.
12. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
(a) Like a stork.
(b) Like a mad man.
(c) Like a wrestler.
(d) Like a statue.
13. What does Lupe's mom notice while they do dishes together?
(a) Lupe's arm muscles.
(b) Lupe's hand muscles.
(d) Lupe's thumb muscles.
14. Why does Manuel become nervous after he volunteers?
(a) He's scared of embarassing his dad.
(b) He's scared to give blood.
(c) He's scared to get on stage in front of people.
(d) He's scared of embarassing himself.
15. What has Victor's friend decided to do in an attempt to get girls' attention?
(a) Never talk unless spoken to.
(b) To ask a girl on a date.
(c) Scowl at all times.
(d) Go mysterious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing Lupe cannot do?
2. What happens at the dance to make Yollie horrified?
3. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
4. When does Victor's crush first speak to him?
5. Who helps Lupe improve her skills in "The Marble Champ"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)