|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
(a) Picking grapes.
(b) Pouring coffee.
(c) Changing bed sheets.
(d) Picking cotton.
2. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
(a) Buy new clothes for Yollie.
(b) Put it towards Yollie's college education.
(c) Buy groceries.
(d) Fix the toilet.
3. For what reason did Victor choose his elective?
(a) He already spoke French.
(b) He already spoke Spanish.
(c) He already spoke Latin.
(d) He thought it was a pretty language.
4. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
(a) Ernie kissed her best friend.
(b) Janice spilt punch all over Yollie's dress.
(c) She is late for her curfew.
(d) She doesn't want anyone to notice her dress is dripping.
5. What does Victor do to show off in French class?
(a) Asks elaborate questions.
(b) Misquotes famous French authors.
(c) Acts like he knows the language already.
(d) Quotes famous French poets.
6. How much money has Mrs. Moreno saved?
7. What extracurricular activity is Yollie captain of?
(b) The glee club.
(c) The debate team.
(d) The crossing guard.
8. Who is Pete?
(a) The school bully.
(b) Gilbert's neighbor.
(c) Gilbert's rival.
(d) Gilbert's friend.
9. What contest does Lupe win at the public library?
(a) The spelling bee.
(b) The accelerated reader list award.
(c) A free book.
(d) The reading contest.
10. What does Manuel's dad do for a living?
(a) He's a banker.
(b) He's a pharmacist.
(c) He's a doctor.
(d) He's a teacher.
11. Whom does Yollie live with?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her single mom.
12. Who does Victor look for during the second half of lunch?
13. What skills and moves do Gilbert and Raymundo practice?
14. What activity does Lupe begin to master?
(a) Shooting marbles.
(c) Shooting croquet.
15. What does Pete flatten Gilbert with?
(a) His leg.
(b) Several kicks.
(c) Several punches.
(d) His foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Gilbert live?
2. How is Manuel's performance seen by the audience?
3. How many brothers and sisters does Manuel have?
4. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
5. What does Gilbert fantasize about?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)