|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupe win at the science fair?
(a) A trophy.
(b) A blue ribbon.
(c) First place.
(d) Third place.
2. Which of the following was NOT included in Victor's course schedule?
(a) Metal Shop.
3. Who distracts Manuel at the practice?
(a) His crush.
(b) His sister.
(c) His dad.
(d) A trumpet player.
4. What school does Gilbert attend?
(a) He's home schooled.
5. What was Victor saving money for?
(a) A trip to see his mom.
(b) A ski trip.
(c) School clothes.
(d) A trip to see his dad.
6. What day is "Seventh Grade" set in?
(a) The day before fall break in seventh grade.
(b) The day after spring brak in seventh grade.
(c) The first day of seventh grade.
(d) The last day of seventh grade.
7. What movie does Raymundo introduce to Gilbert?
(a) The Next Karate Kid.
(b) The Karate Chop.
(c) The Karate Kid.
(d) Fern Gully.
8. Why does Manuel become nervous after he volunteers?
(a) He's scared of embarassing himself.
(b) He's scared to give blood.
(c) He's scared to get on stage in front of people.
(d) He's scared of embarassing his dad.
9. Who does Manuel want to impress?
(a) No one.
(b) A particular girl.
(c) A teacher.
(d) His family.
10. Who asks Victor for help in French class at the end of the story?
(a) No one.
11. What contest does Lupe win at the public library?
(a) The reading contest.
(b) The accelerated reader list award.
(c) A free book.
(d) The spelling bee.
12. What activity does Lupe begin to master?
(b) Shooting croquet.
(d) Shooting marbles.
13. What does Gilbert grow tired of?
(a) Not eating his lunch.
(b) Going to the movies.
(c) Doing calisthenics and exercises.
(d) Hiding from Pete.
14. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
(a) His next year's act.
(b) How he's going to ask out his crush.
(c) His new pursuit of a dance career.
(d) How he will out do this year's act.
15. How is Manuel's performance seen by the audience?
(a) As an embarassment.
(b) As very talented.
(c) As professional.
(d) As comical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manuel plan to perform?
2. Where does Yollie go on her first date?
3. What does Mrs. Moreno hope Yollie will become?
4. What does Manuel volunteer for?
5. Whom does Yollie live with?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)