|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Moreno intend to do with the money she has saved?
(a) Put it towards Yollie's college education.
(b) Buy new clothes for Yollie.
(c) Fix the toilet.
(d) Buy groceries.
2. What school does Gilbert attend?
(b) He's home schooled.
3. Who does Victor impress in "Seventh Grade"?
(a) His French teacher.
(d) His mom.
4. With whom does Gilbert live?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His dad.
(c) His middle class Hispanic family.
(d) His upper class Hispanic family.
5. What does Mrs. Moreno buy for Yollie's school dance?
(a) A new necklace.
(b) A new dress.
(c) New make up.
(d) New shoes.
6. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
(a) Like a statue.
(b) Like a mad man.
(c) Like a stork.
(d) Like a wrestler.
7. For what reason did Victor choose his elective?
(a) He already spoke French.
(b) He thought it was a pretty language.
(c) He already spoke Latin.
(d) He already spoke Spanish.
8. Where does Yollie go on her first date?
(b) Ice skating.
(c) A football game.
(d) The movies.
9. What does Victor do to show off in French class?
(a) Acts like he knows the language already.
(b) Quotes famous French poets.
(c) Misquotes famous French authors.
(d) Asks elaborate questions.
10. How does "The Marble Champ" end?
(a) Lupe loses agains the last boy opponent.
(b) Lupe has to forfeit because of muscle cramps.
(c) Lupe beats everyone and becomes the town champion.
(d) Lupe loses to the last girl opponent.
11. Where does Lupe live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Deigo.
12. What happens at the dance to make Yollie horrified?
(a) It rains and her dress begins to drip from the dye.
(b) Ernie kisses her best friend.
(c) Someone realizes her dress is dyed.
(d) Her dress rips.
13. Who is Raymundo?
(a) Gilbert's brother.
(b) Gilbert's dad.
(c) Gilbert's best friend.
(d) Gilbert's cousin.
14. How old is Lupe Medrano?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
15. What happens to the record when Manuel performs?
(a) It is blank.
(b) It sounds like it's been tampered with.
(c) It is way too fast.
(d) It skips over and over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gilbert have a crush on?
2. What did Victor spend his summer doing?
3. What movie does Raymundo introduce to Gilbert?
4. What is common knowledge within the school Victor attends?
5. Who goes by himself to see The Karate Kid Part Two?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)