|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pete?
(a) The school bully.
(b) Gilbert's friend.
(c) Gilbert's rival.
(d) Gilbert's neighbor.
2. What does Gilbert ask his mom for?
(a) Money to go to the movies.
(b) Money to pay for lunch.
(c) Money for The Karate Kid Part Two.
(d) Money to pay for lessons.
3. With whom does Gilbert live?
(a) His dad.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His middle class Hispanic family.
(d) His upper class Hispanic family.
4. What is Victor's good friend's name?
(b) Mitch Torense.
(c) Michael Torres.
(d) Mikey Torrent.
5. What is Yollie regarded to be among students at her school?
(a) One of the wealthiest girls.
(b) One of the prettiest girls.
(c) One of the smartest girls.
(d) One of the dumbest girls.
6. Whom does Yollie live with?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her single mom.
(d) Her parents.
7. What skills and moves do Gilbert and Raymundo practice?
8. What does Gilbert refuse to do for Pete?
(a) To accomodate Pete in the lunch line.
(b) Give him his money.
(c) Give him his homework.
(d) Give him his lunch.
9. Where does Lupe live?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Deigo.
10. What activity does Lupe begin to master?
(b) Shooting marbles.
(d) Shooting croquet.
11. Who does Victor impress in "Seventh Grade"?
(a) His mom.
(b) His French teacher.
12. How old is Gilbert Sanchez?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 13 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
13. What does Mrs. Moreno buy for Yollie's school dance?
(a) New make up.
(b) New shoes.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A new necklace.
14. What does Gilbert grow tired of?
(a) Hiding from Pete.
(b) Not eating his lunch.
(c) Going to the movies.
(d) Doing calisthenics and exercises.
15. Where is Lupe, the best student?
(a) At her local theatre.
(b) At her ballet recital.
(c) At her chorus concert.
(d) At her piano recital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manuel begin to plan at the end of "La Bamba"?
2. Why does Yollie run away from the school dance?
3. How does Gilbert stand before he fights Pete?
4. What does Pete do to anger Gilbert?
5. Who is Alfonso in "The Marble Champ"?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)