|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to teach Fausto how to play the guitar?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His dad.
(c) His mom.
(d) His uncle.
2. Who is the protagonist in "Broken Chain"?
3. Who is Veronica Solis?
(a) The main character of "Barbie."
(b) The main character of "Baseball in April."
(c) The main character of "Two Dreamers."
(d) The main character of "Growing Up."
4. Where do Hector's grandparents live?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Napa Valley.
(d) San Diego.
5. Who is Rudy?
(a) Veronica's uncle.
(b) Veronica's best friend.
(c) Veronica's brother.
(d) Veronica's father.
6. What does Veronica want?
(a) A Barbie car.
(b) A Barbie.
(c) A new Barbie.
(d) Barbie clothes.
7. Who does Hector telephone in "Two Dreamers"?
(a) The banker.
(b) His wife.
(c) The realtor.
(d) A mortgage investor.
8. What does the main character ask his new friend, in "Broken Chain"?
(a) To go on a bike ride.
(b) To go on a walk.
(c) To go to the movies.
(d) To go get ice cream.
9. What are the qualifications for the new team in "Baseball in April"?
(a) Everyone is played the same amount.
(b) Everyone is nice.
(c) Everyone is accepted.
(d) Everyone is bad.
10. When did Veronica get her first doll?
(a) Two months ago.
(b) Two Christmas's ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
11. In "Broken Chain," who does the main character meet on his walk?
(b) A little boy.
(c) Sandra and her younger brother.
12. What does Fausto's mom tell him is in the basement the next day?
(a) A used drum set.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A used piano.
(d) A used guitar.
13. What does Luis know nothing about?
(a) Investing money.
(b) Making money.
(c) Saving money.
(d) Real Estate.
14. What becomes apparent about the volunteer league?
(a) There are only 3 teams.
(b) There are only 2 teams.
(c) They aren't very good.
(d) They are great at preparing players for Little League.
15. What does Luis do for a living?
(a) He is a watchman.
(b) He is a fireman.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He is a banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse's team's first opponent?
2. Where does Veronica go to look for her doll?
3. What is Fausto inspired to become?
4. What happens between the friends before Veronica leaves Martha's house?
5. Where does Hector live in "Two Dreamers"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)