|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jesse and his brother try out for?
(a) Little Leauge.
(b) A musical.
(c) A basketball team.
(d) A play.
2. Where do Hector and Luis look at property?
(a) In San Diego.
(b) In Luis's neighborhood.
(c) In Napa Valley.
(d) In Cabo.
3. What grade is the main character of "Broken Chain" in?
4. What happens between the friends before Veronica leaves Martha's house?
(a) A fight.
(c) A scuffle.
(d) They end up not speaking.
5. Who is Yolanda Solis?
(a) Veronica's cousin.
(b) Vernoica's daughter.
(c) Veronica's mother.
(d) Veronica's little sister.
6. What ethnicity is Fausto?
7. Why does the main character feel foolish and disappointed after the holiday in "Broken Chain"?
(a) He ripped his pants.
(b) Some girls never showed up to meet him.
(c) He had no presents at Christmas.
(d) He wanted to ride his bike.
8. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
(b) Rudy and Donna.
(c) Rudy and Yolanda.
(d) Her mom and dad.
9. What is Fausto inspired to become?
(a) A bass player.
(b) A chef.
(c) A guitar player.
(d) A drummer.
10. In "Broken Chain," who does the main character meet on his walk?
(a) A little boy.
(c) Sandra and her younger brother.
11. In "Broken Chain," what does the main character ask his mother for?
(a) A video game.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) A tennis racket.
12. What is Luis interested in?
(a) Going to see his grandchildren.
(b) Making money in a short amount of time.
(c) Retirement funds.
13. What does Fausto's family not have money for?
(a) To pay for a drum set.
(b) To pay for culinary school.
(c) To pay for guitar lessons.
(d) To buy Fausto a new guitar.
14. What does Veronica do when she realizes what has happened on her walk home?
(a) She yells at Martha.
(b) She retraces her steps.
(c) She calls her mom.
(d) She cries all the way home.
15. Who does Hector telephone in "Two Dreamers"?
(a) His wife.
(b) The banker.
(c) The realtor.
(d) A mortgage investor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Hector's grandmother?
2. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
3. Who wins the first game in "Baseball in April"?
4. Who is Jesse in "Baseball in April"?
5. Where does Veronica go to look for her doll?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)