|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fausto feel after taking the money?
(b) Ready to buy his guitar.
2. Whom does Luis want to avoid confrontation with?
(b) The realtor.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
3. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
(a) A hammer.
(b) His index finger.
(c) An old retainer.
(d) His thumbs.
4. Where do Hector's grandparents live?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Napa Valley.
5. Who is the protagonist in "Broken Chain"?
6. How many dolls does Martha have?
(a) Two Ken's.
(b) Two Barbies.
(c) Two Barbies and one Ken.
7. How much money is Fausto given by Roger's owners?
8. Why does the main character feel foolish and disappointed after the holiday in "Broken Chain"?
(a) He wanted to ride his bike.
(b) He ripped his pants.
(c) Some girls never showed up to meet him.
(d) He had no presents at Christmas.
9. Who is Jesse in "Baseball in April"?
(a) Michele's sister.
(b) No one is named Jess in "Baseball in April."
(c) The main character.
(d) The main character's younger sister.
10. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
11. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
(a) Her mom and dad.
(b) Rudy and Yolanda.
(d) Rudy and Donna.
12. What does Rudy announce after giving Veronica her gift?
(a) That he and Donna are going to be married.
(b) That he needs a drink.
(c) That he needs to leave.
(d) That he needs to go to the bathroom.
13. What does Fausto do to earn some money?
(b) Odd jobs.
(c) Clean houses.
(d) Shop work.
14. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
(a) A telephone call, letting them know they made the team.
(b) The team list to be emailed.
(c) The cast list.
(d) The team list to be announced at school.
15. What does Hector's grandmother often chastise Luis for?
(b) Falling asleep at the table.
(d) Not taking out the trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the status of the local baseball team in "Broken Chain"?
2. Who wins the first game in "Baseball in April"?
3. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Hector's grandmother?
4. What does Luis finally give up on?
5. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)