|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fausto's mom tell him is in the basement the next day?
(a) A used drum set.
(b) A used piano.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A used guitar.
2. What is Fausto inspired to become?
(a) A chef.
(b) A drummer.
(c) A guitar player.
(d) A bass player.
3. Why does the main character feel foolish and disappointed after the holiday in "Broken Chain"?
(a) He had no presents at Christmas.
(b) He ripped his pants.
(c) He wanted to ride his bike.
(d) Some girls never showed up to meet him.
4. What does Rudy announce after giving Veronica her gift?
(a) That he needs a drink.
(b) That he and Donna are going to be married.
(c) That he needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) That he needs to leave.
5. When did Veronica get her first doll?
(a) Two Christmas's ago.
(b) Two months ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
6. Where does Veronica go the day after she gets her new doll?
7. How does Jesse's brother perform?
8. What does Hector request from his grandfather?
(a) A house.
(d) Money for his efforts.
9. What ethnicity is Fausto?
10. Who puts an unofficial baseball league together in "Baseball in April"?
(a) The brother's teacher.
(b) An independent coach.
(c) The brother's dad.
(d) The brother's neighbor.
11. What is Fausto watching at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
(a) The ocean waves.
(c) The birds.
(d) The TV.
12. What ethnicity is the protagonist and his family in "Broken Chain"?
13. How old is Jesse's brother?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
14. Who begins to teach Fausto how to play the guitar?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
15. Who is Rudy?
(a) Veronica's brother.
(b) Veronica's uncle.
(c) Veronica's best friend.
(d) Veronica's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character ask his new friend, in "Broken Chain"?
2. Who loses interest in the team in "Baseball in April"?
3. Who does Hector telephone in "Two Dreamers"?
4. Who does Fausto see at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
5. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)