|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to teach Fausto how to play the guitar?
(a) His mom.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His dad.
(d) His uncle.
2. What does Veronica do when she realizes what has happened on her walk home?
(a) She retraces her steps.
(b) She yells at Martha.
(c) She calls her mom.
(d) She cries all the way home.
3. Who is Rudy?
(a) Veronica's uncle.
(b) Veronica's father.
(c) Veronica's brother.
(d) Veronica's best friend.
4. Why does the main character feel foolish and disappointed after the holiday in "Broken Chain"?
(a) He wanted to ride his bike.
(b) He ripped his pants.
(c) He had no presents at Christmas.
(d) Some girls never showed up to meet him.
5. What does Fausto do to earn some money?
(a) Odd jobs.
(b) Shop work.
(d) Clean houses.
6. What does Fausto's mom tell him is in the basement the next day?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A used drum set.
(c) A used guitar.
(d) A used piano.
7. What does Veronica want?
(a) A new Barbie.
(b) Barbie clothes.
(c) A Barbie car.
(d) A Barbie.
8. What is Jesse's brother's name?
9. Who is Jesse in "Baseball in April"?
(a) No one is named Jess in "Baseball in April."
(b) Michele's sister.
(c) The main character.
(d) The main character's younger sister.
10. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
(b) The movies.
(d) The park.
11. What does Hector's grandmother often chastise Luis for?
(b) Falling asleep at the table.
(d) Not taking out the trash.
12. What does Luis know nothing about?
(a) Saving money.
(b) Real Estate.
(c) Investing money.
(d) Making money.
13. What is the doll dressed in?
(a) A polka dotted dress.
(b) A solid color dress.
(c) A striped swimsuit.
(d) A striped suit.
14. Who dangles upside down after trying to climb the school yard fence?
(b) Sandra's brother.
15. What is Fausto inspired to become?
(a) A drummer.
(b) A chef.
(c) A bass player.
(d) A guitar player.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Broken Chain," what does the main character ask his mother for?
2. What does Rudy announce after giving Veronica her gift?
3. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
4. Who is the protagonist in "Broken Chain"?
5. What is Luis interested in?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)