|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fausto inspired to become?
(a) A bass player.
(b) A guitar player.
(c) A chef.
(d) A drummer.
2. In "Broken Chain," what does the main character ask his mother for?
(b) A video game.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) A tennis racket.
3. What is the status of the local baseball team in "Broken Chain"?
(a) Losing a lot.
(b) In off season.
(c) In the play offs.
4. Who is Veronica Solis?
(a) The main character of "Growing Up."
(b) The main character of "Two Dreamers."
(c) The main character of "Baseball in April."
(d) The main character of "Barbie."
5. What does Luis do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a fireman.
(c) He is a watchman.
(d) He is retired.
6. What does Luis believe about the price of the house?
(a) It is underpriced.
(b) It is the perfect amount.
(c) It is vastly overpriced.
(d) It is not worth the price.
7. In "Broken Chain," what does the main character break?
(a) The chain on his helmet.
(b) His bike seat.
(c) His bike chain.
(d) His social pattern.
8. Where do Hector's grandparents live?
(b) Napa Valley.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Las Vegas.
9. Where does Fausto go the day after he meets Roger?
(b) The hot dog stand.
(d) The guitar store.
10. What does Luis finally give up on?
(a) Making money.
(b) Refurbishing a new home.
(c) Making money from Real Estate.
(d) Moving homes.
11. When did Veronica get her first doll?
(a) Two Christmas's ago.
(b) Two months ago.
(c) One year ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
12. What does Rudy announce after giving Veronica her gift?
(a) That he needs to leave.
(b) That he needs a drink.
(c) That he needs to go to the bathroom.
(d) That he and Donna are going to be married.
13. Who is Yolanda Solis?
(a) Veronica's little sister.
(b) Vernoica's daughter.
(c) Veronica's cousin.
(d) Veronica's mother.
14. Where does Veronica go after Rudy makes his announcement?
(a) To her bedroom.
(b) To her playhouse.
(c) To her treehouse.
(d) To the kitchen.
15. What do the two brother's father's mood depend on in "Broken Chain"?
(a) The weather.
(b) His pay.
(c) The local baseball team's status.
(d) His work hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the main character live from the person he meets on his walk in "Broken Chain"?
2. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
3. What are the qualifications for the new team in "Baseball in April"?
4. How does Luis respond when he realizes he cannot purchase the house?
5. Who is Jesse's team's first opponent?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)