|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fausto do to earn some money?
(a) Odd jobs.
(b) Shop work.
(d) Clean houses.
2. What does Hector's grandmother often chastise Luis for?
(c) Falling asleep at the table.
(d) Not taking out the trash.
3. Why does the main character feel foolish and disappointed after the holiday in "Broken Chain"?
(a) He had no presents at Christmas.
(b) He ripped his pants.
(c) He wanted to ride his bike.
(d) Some girls never showed up to meet him.
4. Who made a large amount of money in real estate, in "Two Dreamers"?
(a) Hector's dad.
(b) Hector's uncle.
(c) Hector's aunt.
(d) Hector's mom.
5. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
(b) The park.
(d) The movies.
6. Who does Fausto see at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
(a) Los Lonlos.
(b) Los Cabas.
(c) Los Lobos.
(d) Las Labas.
7. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
(a) The cast list.
(b) The team list to be emailed.
(c) The team list to be announced at school.
(d) A telephone call, letting them know they made the team.
8. What does Luis think he is not very good at?
(a) Typing in English.
(b) Communicating via text message.
(c) Speaking in English.
(d) Writing in English.
9. How far does the main character live from the person he meets on his walk in "Broken Chain"?
(a) A few blocks.
(b) Three houses down.
(c) Two streets over.
(d) One street over.
10. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Hector's grandmother?
11. What are the qualifications for the new team in "Baseball in April"?
(a) Everyone is nice.
(b) Everyone is accepted.
(c) Everyone is played the same amount.
(d) Everyone is bad.
12. What is Jesse's team named?
(a) Hob's Parkson.
(b) The Hobo's.
(c) The Hobo Park team.
(d) Hobo Park Inc.
13. When did Veronica get her first doll?
(a) Two months ago.
(b) One year ago.
(c) Two Christmas's ago.
(d) Ten years ago.
14. What is the last item Fausto gives away?
(a) His nickle.
(b) His quarter.
(c) His two pennies.
(d) His dime.
15. Who is Roger?
(a) Fausto's brother.
(b) A friend of Fausto's.
(c) Fausto's dog.
(d) A dog Fausto finds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jesse impressed by the opposing team?
2. Where does Hector live in "Two Dreamers"?
3. What physical activity does the main character take up as a result of his disappointment in "Broken Chain"?
4. How does Jesse's brother perform?
5. How old is Jesse's brother?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)