|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
2. How old is Jesse's brother?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 8 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 9 years old.
3. Who is the protagonist in "Broken Chain"?
4. What does Fausto do to his story when he retells how he found Fausto?
(a) Leaves part of it out.
(b) Exaggerates it.
(c) He never retells it.
(d) Embellishes it.
5. What are the qualifications for the new team in "Baseball in April"?
(a) Everyone is played the same amount.
(b) Everyone is nice.
(c) Everyone is accepted.
(d) Everyone is bad.
6. Why is Jesse impressed by the opposing team?
(a) They are good.
(b) They are all big.
(c) They are very nice.
(d) The team is matching.
7. What physical activity does the main character take up as a result of his disappointment in "Broken Chain"?
(b) Push ups.
(d) Sit ups.
8. Who does Hector telephone in "Two Dreamers"?
(a) The banker.
(b) His wife.
(c) A mortgage investor.
(d) The realtor.
9. Who is Veronica Solis?
(a) The main character of "Barbie."
(b) The main character of "Baseball in April."
(c) The main character of "Growing Up."
(d) The main character of "Two Dreamers."
10. What part of town does Fausto realize Roger is from?
(a) A poor part.
(b) A rich part.
(c) The business part.
(d) A moderate part.
11. What grade is the main character of "Broken Chain" in?
12. How much money is Fausto given by Roger's owners?
13. Who is Jesse's team's first opponent?
(a) The Reds.
(b) The Red Caps.
(c) The Braves.
(d) The Red Sox.
14. What is the doll dressed in?
(a) A striped suit.
(b) A solid color dress.
(c) A polka dotted dress.
(d) A striped swimsuit.
15. What are Hector and Luis's common tendencies?
(a) To ignore their dreams.
(b) To dream about things.
(c) To ignore reality.
(d) To concentrate on reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesse's coach's name?
2. What does Hector request from his grandfather?
3. What do Jesse and his brother try out for?
4. What does Luis think he is not very good at?
5. How many dolls does Martha have?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)