|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far does the main character live from the person he meets on his walk in "Broken Chain"?
(a) Three houses down.
(b) A few blocks.
(c) One street over.
(d) Two streets over.
2. Who begins to teach Fausto how to play the guitar?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mom.
(d) His dad.
3. Who is the protagonist in "Broken Chain"?
4. Who dangles upside down after trying to climb the school yard fence?
(d) Sandra's brother.
5. What does Hector request from his grandfather?
(a) A house.
(b) Money for his efforts.
6. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
(a) Rudy and Donna.
(b) Her mom and dad.
(c) Rudy and Yolanda.
7. How much does Fausto earn after a few hours of working?
(a) A nickle.
(b) Two cents.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A dime.
8. Who wins the first game in "Baseball in April"?
(a) The Reds.
(b) The Red Caps.
(c) The Hobo Park team.
(d) The Hob's Parkson.
9. What do the two brother's father's mood depend on in "Broken Chain"?
(a) His pay.
(b) His work hours.
(c) The local baseball team's status.
(d) The weather.
10. How many dolls does Martha have?
(a) Two Barbies.
(c) Two Barbies and one Ken.
(d) Two Ken's.
11. What does Fausto do to earn some money?
(b) Odd jobs.
(c) Clean houses.
(d) Shop work.
12. Who is Yolanda Solis?
(a) Veronica's cousin.
(b) Vernoica's daughter.
(c) Veronica's mother.
(d) Veronica's little sister.
13. Who loses interest in the team in "Baseball in April"?
14. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
15. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesse's team named?
2. What ethnicity is Fausto?
3. How does Jesse's brother perform?
4. Where does Veronica go after Rudy makes his announcement?
5. What are the qualifications for the new team in "Baseball in April"?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)