|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fausto watching at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
(b) The birds.
(c) The TV.
(d) The ocean waves.
2. What does Hector request from his grandfather?
(c) Money for his efforts.
(d) A house.
3. What does Hector's grandmother often chastise Luis for?
(a) Not taking out the trash.
(b) Falling asleep at the table.
4. What does Veronica want?
(a) A Barbie car.
(b) A new Barbie.
(c) Barbie clothes.
(d) A Barbie.
5. How old is Jesse's brother?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 9 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
6. What grade is Ernie in?
7. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Hector's grandmother?
8. How does Jesse perform?
9. Who is Jesse's team's first opponent?
(a) The Red Sox.
(b) The Red Caps.
(c) The Braves.
(d) The Reds.
10. What month is "Broken Chain" set in?
11. Who is Yolanda Solis?
(a) Vernoica's daughter.
(b) Veronica's cousin.
(c) Veronica's little sister.
(d) Veronica's mother.
12. What is Jesse's brother's name?
13. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
(a) A telephone call, letting them know they made the team.
(b) The team list to be announced at school.
(c) The cast list.
(d) The team list to be emailed.
14. Who is Roger?
(a) Fausto's dog.
(b) A dog Fausto finds.
(c) Fausto's brother.
(d) A friend of Fausto's.
15. What is Luis interested in?
(a) Retirement funds.
(b) Making money in a short amount of time.
(c) Going to see his grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Broken Chain," what does the main character break?
2. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
3. Where does Veronica go after Rudy makes his announcement?
4. What does Fausto do with Roger?
5. What does Luis believe about the price of the house?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)