|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse's brother's name?
2. How much money is Fausto given by Roger's owners?
3. Who is Rudy?
(a) Veronica's best friend.
(b) Veronica's uncle.
(c) Veronica's brother.
(d) Veronica's father.
4. Who is Jesse's team's first opponent?
(a) The Braves.
(b) The Red Caps.
(c) The Reds.
(d) The Red Sox.
5. How does Jesse perform?
6. Where do Hector and Luis go at the end of "Two Dreamers"?
(c) The park.
(d) The movies.
7. What month is "Broken Chain" set in?
8. What holiday just occurred in "Broken Chain"?
9. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
(a) Take Vernoica's doll.
(b) Break Veronica's doll.
(c) Give her Ken.
(d) Switch the new Barbie for one of her old ones.
10. What becomes apparent about the volunteer league?
(a) They aren't very good.
(b) There are only 3 teams.
(c) There are only 2 teams.
(d) They are great at preparing players for Little League.
11. Who puts an unofficial baseball league together in "Baseball in April"?
(a) The brother's dad.
(b) The brother's neighbor.
(c) An independent coach.
(d) The brother's teacher.
12. What does Fausto's mom tell him is in the basement the next day?
(a) A used guitar.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A used piano.
(d) A used drum set.
13. How much does Fausto earn after a few hours of working?
(a) A quarter.
(b) Two cents.
(c) A nickle.
(d) A dime.
14. What happens between the friends before Veronica leaves Martha's house?
(a) A fight.
(c) A scuffle.
(d) They end up not speaking.
15. What is Fausto watching at the beginning of "The No-Guitar Blues"?
(b) The TV.
(c) The birds.
(d) The ocean waves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luis respond when he realizes he cannot purchase the house?
2. Who loses interest in the team in "Baseball in April"?
3. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
4. How does Fausto feel after taking the money?
5. What does Veronica realize on her walk home from her friends house?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)