|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character in "Broken Chain" use to try to realign his teeth?
(a) His index finger.
(b) His thumbs.
(c) An old retainer.
(d) A hammer.
2. Why is Jesse impressed by the opposing team?
(a) They are all big.
(b) They are good.
(c) They are very nice.
(d) The team is matching.
3. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
(a) Break Veronica's doll.
(b) Take Vernoica's doll.
(c) Switch the new Barbie for one of her old ones.
(d) Give her Ken.
4. Whom does Luis want to avoid confrontation with?
(b) His son.
(c) The realtor.
(d) His wife.
5. What is Jesse's coach's name?
6. What does Fausto's mom tell him is in the basement the next day?
(a) A used guitar.
(b) A microphone.
(c) A used drum set.
(d) A used piano.
7. Who loses interest in the team in "Baseball in April"?
8. Where does Veronica go the day after she gets her new doll?
9. What does Rudy announce after giving Veronica her gift?
(a) That he needs to go to the bathroom.
(b) That he needs a drink.
(c) That he and Donna are going to be married.
(d) That he needs to leave.
10. Who is the protagonist in "Broken Chain"?
11. What does Luis think he is not very good at?
(a) Writing in English.
(b) Speaking in English.
(c) Typing in English.
(d) Communicating via text message.
12. What month is "Broken Chain" set in?
13. Who is Yolanda Solis?
(a) Veronica's cousin.
(b) Vernoica's daughter.
(c) Veronica's little sister.
(d) Veronica's mother.
14. How does Jesse perform?
15. What are Hector and Luis's common tendencies?
(a) To ignore reality.
(b) To dream about things.
(c) To ignore their dreams.
(d) To concentrate on reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday just occurred in "Broken Chain"?
2. Who does Jesse befriend on his team?
3. Who puts an unofficial baseball league together in "Baseball in April"?
4. What is Fausto inspired to become?
5. Where does Veronica go to look for her doll?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)