|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the first game in "Baseball in April"?
(a) The Hob's Parkson.
(b) The Red Caps.
(c) The Reds.
(d) The Hobo Park team.
2. Who is Donna?
(a) Rudy's sister.
(b) Rudy's girlfriend.
(c) Veronica's cousin.
(d) Veronica's Barbie doll.
3. What happens between the friends before Veronica leaves Martha's house?
(b) They end up not speaking.
(c) A fight.
(d) A scuffle.
4. What are Hector and Luis's common tendencies?
(a) To concentrate on reality.
(b) To dream about things.
(c) To ignore their dreams.
(d) To ignore reality.
5. How far does the main character live from the person he meets on his walk in "Broken Chain"?
(a) A few blocks.
(b) One street over.
(c) Two streets over.
(d) Three houses down.
6. What do the two boys hope for after try outs?
(a) The team list to be announced at school.
(b) The team list to be emailed.
(c) The cast list.
(d) A telephone call, letting them know they made the team.
7. What does Veronica's friend try to do before Veronica leaves her house?
(a) Switch the new Barbie for one of her old ones.
(b) Give her Ken.
(c) Take Vernoica's doll.
(d) Break Veronica's doll.
8. What does Luis finally give up on?
(a) Moving homes.
(b) Making money from Real Estate.
(c) Making money.
(d) Refurbishing a new home.
9. What physical activity does the main character take up as a result of his disappointment in "Broken Chain"?
(a) Sit ups.
(b) Push ups.
10. Who loses interest in the team in "Baseball in April"?
11. What does Fausto do with the money he was given as a reward?
(a) Makes a down payment on a new guitar.
(b) Buys a hot dog.
(c) Puts it in the offering plate.
(d) Buys a used guitar.
12. Why is Jesse impressed by the opposing team?
(a) They are good.
(b) They are all big.
(c) They are very nice.
(d) The team is matching.
13. What month is "Broken Chain" set in?
14. What do the two brother's father's mood depend on in "Broken Chain"?
(a) The local baseball team's status.
(b) His pay.
(c) The weather.
(d) His work hours.
15. Which of the following is NOT used to describe Jesse's coach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who puts an unofficial baseball league together in "Baseball in April"?
2. What does Veronica want?
3. What does Luis do for a living?
4. Who gives Veronica a new doll?
5. Who is Rudy?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)