|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most significant difference in daily chores that Ernie notes in Part Two, Section 1?
2. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
3. How does Ernie refer to his new apartment in Part Four?
4. What is the name of the boy Ernie runs against in the mock election?
5. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
2. What is Ernie's gang like in the barrio?
3. What is Ernie's experience with music in the barrio?
4. What two things interrupt the train's travels to Tucson?
5. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
6. How does Ernie feel about moving to Tepic?
7. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
8. What differences between Americans and Mexicans does Ernie note in Part Three?
9. What is Ernie and Henriqueta's short experience in Tucson like?
10. Why is Ernie so angry with his mother as they journey to Tepic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please analyze how descriptive language is used in Barrio Boy. What are the various types of descriptive language an author can use and how it affects a story. How did it affect Barrio Boy?
Essay Topic 2
Please identify what conflict in a literature is and define the five types of conflict we touched on in class. What is the primary type of conflict found in Barrio Boy?
Essay Topic 3
Please briefly describe the political situation in Mexico at the time that Ernie is living there. How do the political circumstances effect Ernie's life and his story?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)