|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernie and Henriqueta finally arrive at the end of Part Three?
2. What is the Plaza de Armas?
3. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
4. Who are the only individuals Ernie and Henriqueta socialize with while they stay in Tucson?
5. What part of Ernie's is sore from the long horse ride to Tepic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please briefly describe the political situation in Mexico at the time that Ernie is living there. How do the political circumstances effect Ernie's life and his story?
Essay Topic 2
Theme is an essential part of a piece of literature. Please explain the role and purpose of theme in literature. What is the main theme of Barrio Boy? Are there any notable sub-themes?
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are important elements of this story. Please choose one of Ernie's relationships and analyze it. Does this relationship change? How does it affect him as person?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)