|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots at Josy as he leaves his job building stone markers?
2. What is the name of the boy Ernie runs against in the mock election?
3. What is the term used for Mexicans that have grown up in California?
4. How do many of the neighborhood residents view doctors in Mazatlan?
5. Who are the only individuals Ernie and Henriqueta socialize with while they stay in Tucson?
Essay Topic 1
Theme is an essential part of a piece of literature. Please explain the role and purpose of theme in literature. What is the main theme of Barrio Boy? Are there any notable sub-themes?
Essay Topic 2
Please explain the role that religion plays in Ernie's life while in Mexico and compare that to the role that religion plays as a whole in Mexico. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Please identify what conflict in a literature is and define the five types of conflict we touched on in class. What is the primary type of conflict found in Barrio Boy?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)