Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
2. What do Don Porfirio's mounted police tell the Lopez family they are to do for the troops coming to the village?
3. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain the role that religion plays in Ernie's life while in Mexico and compare that to the role that religion plays as a whole in Mexico. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Please analyze how descriptive language is used in Barrio Boy. What are the various types of descriptive language an author can use and how it affects a story. How did it affect Barrio Boy?
Essay Topic 3
While Ernie it living in Mazatlan we get a glimpse of the class differences. Please analyze the various differences, hindrances, or opportunities that the poor and rich faced in Mazatlan. How was Ernie affected by these class differences?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)