|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
2. What do Don Porfirio's mounted police tell the Lopez family they are to do for the troops coming to the village?
3. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain how courtship is part of the culture of Jalco? What are the specific courtship practices of Jalco?
Essay Topic 2
Please briefly describe the political situation in Mexico at the time that Ernie is living there. How do the political circumstances effect Ernie's life and his story?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the literary technique of a story within a story. What is the purpose of this technique and how is it used in Barrio Boy?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)