|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many of the neighborhood residents view doctors in Mazatlan?
2. Where does Henriqueta's cousin suggest she save her money?
3. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
4. What is the most significant difference in daily chores that Ernie notes in Part Two, Section 1?
5. How old is the landlady's helper in Tepic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
2. How does Ernie describe the Devil's Backbone?
3. What is the family's plan to leave Tepic?
4. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
5. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
6. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
7. What is the difference in the way older boys and younger boys play in Jalco?
8. What is Ernie's gang like in the barrio?
9. What does Ernie see as they approach Tepic?
10. What is Ernie's experience with music in the barrio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe the gender roles that exist in Jalco. Pull one example from the text that you think is a good example of the gender roles in Jalco and explain why you think this is an accurate portrayal or picture of the gender roles.
Essay Topic 2
Please identify what the following are in a story: Major characters, minor character, antagonist, and protagonist. Please compare and contrast major and minor characters with antagonists and protagonists in Barrio Boy.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain how courtship is part of the culture of Jalco? What are the specific courtship practices of Jalco?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)