Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
2. What do Don Porfirio's mounted police tell the Lopez family they are to do for the troops coming to the village?
3. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
Essay Topic 1
Death and sexuality are two subjects Ernie is introduced to while in Mexico. Please discuss the situations where Ernie encounters these two new parts of life. How would you describe his response to these events?
Essay Topic 2
Please describe the gender roles that exist in Jalco. Pull one example from the text that you think is a good example of the gender roles in Jalco and explain why you think this is an accurate portrayal or picture of the gender roles.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain the role that religion plays in Ernie's life while in Mexico and compare that to the role that religion plays as a whole in Mexico. How are they similar? How are they different?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)