Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
2. What do Don Porfirio's mounted police tell the Lopez family they are to do for the troops coming to the village?
3. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
Essay Topic 1
Please identify what the following are in a story: Major characters, minor character, antagonist, and protagonist. Please compare and contrast major and minor characters with antagonists and protagonists in Barrio Boy.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain what narrative mode is and the four main types of narrative mode we touched on. Which narrative mode is used in Barrio Boy and do you think that this narrative mode was the best for the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe the purpose of characterization in literature and how characterization is used in Barrio Boy. You may choose a specific instance or several small instances in the story where characterization is found in the story. Do you think the author is successful in his attempt at characterization for Ernie?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)