|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the forest where the measles patients are quarantined in Part Three?
2. Through whose story does Ernie explain the traditional way a boy learns his fathers work?
3. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
4. What is the Plaza de Armas?
5. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain how courtship is part of the culture of Jalco? What are the specific courtship practices of Jalco?
Essay Topic 2
Please briefly describe the political situation in Mexico at the time that Ernie is living there. How do the political circumstances effect Ernie's life and his story?
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are important elements of this story. Please choose one of Ernie's relationships and analyze it. Does this relationship change? How does it affect him as person?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)