|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
2. What do Don Porfirio's mounted police tell the Lopez family they are to do for the troops coming to the village?
3. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
Essay Topic 1
Theme is an essential part of a piece of literature. Please explain the role and purpose of theme in literature. What is the main theme of Barrio Boy? Are there any notable sub-themes?
Essay Topic 2
Relationships are important elements of this story. Please choose one of Ernie's relationships and analyze it. Does this relationship change? How does it affect him as person?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain how courtship is part of the culture of Jalco? What are the specific courtship practices of Jalco?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)