|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most significant difference in daily chores that Ernie notes in Part Two, Section 1?
2. What type of food does the restaurant where Ernie works serve?
3. What is the name of the forest where the measles patients are quarantined in Part Three?
4. What type of instrument does Ernie buy from a pawnshop?
5. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
Essay Topic 1
Please explain the role that religion plays in Ernie's life while in Mexico and compare that to the role that religion plays as a whole in Mexico. How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Please describe the purpose of characterization in literature and how characterization is used in Barrio Boy. You may choose a specific instance or several small instances in the story where characterization is found in the story. Do you think the author is successful in his attempt at characterization for Ernie?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain how courtship is part of the culture of Jalco? What are the specific courtship practices of Jalco?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)