|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Uncle Josy play?
2. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
3. What does Cleofas consider as a basic human right?
4. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
5. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernie feel about the arrieros?
2. How does Ernie describe his friend's funeral?
3. How does the author describe his relatives in Jalco?
4. What is the arroyo and what is it used for?
5. Describe Ernie's cottage.
6. How does Ernie describe the various animals in Part One, Section 3?
7. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
8. How does Catarino's opinion about Coronel's fight affect Ernie?
9. What does Coronel's protection of the hens reinforce for Ernie?
10. How did Jalco come to exists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please briefly describe the political situation in Mexico at the time that Ernie is living there. How do the political circumstances effect Ernie's life and his story?
Essay Topic 2
While Ernie it living in Mazatlan we get a glimpse of the class differences. Please analyze the various differences, hindrances, or opportunities that the poor and rich faced in Mazatlan. How was Ernie affected by these class differences?
Essay Topic 3
Please identify what the following are in a story: Major characters, minor character, antagonist, and protagonist. Please compare and contrast major and minor characters with antagonists and protagonists in Barrio Boy.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)