|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
2. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
3. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
4. How is the history of Jalco kept?
5. What is a zopilote?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pinole and what is it for?
2. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
3. How does the author describe his relatives in Jalco?
4. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
5. What does Ernie's education in Part One, Section 5 mainly consist of?
6. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
7. Describe Don Cleofas.
8. How does Ernie describe the various animals in Part One, Section 3?
9. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
10. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please explain what static and dynamic characters are. Please find one example of each in Barrio Boy and explain how they meet the requirements of either a dynamic or static character.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain how courtship is part of the culture of Jalco? What are the specific courtship practices of Jalco?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain the purpose of tone and some ways that tone is communicated in a novel or nonfiction book. What is the tone of Barrio Boy?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)