|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the central theme of Cleofas' version of Jalco's history?
2. Why does Coronel attack a buzzard?
3. In part one, section 4 what trait do we see associated with femininity?
4. What is suggested after the author's stories circulate at a scholarly meeting?
5. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe his relatives in Jalco?
2. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
3. What is music in Jalco like and used for?
4. Describe Don Cleofas.
5. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
6. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
7. What does Ernie's education in Part One, Section 5 mainly consist of?
8. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
9. Describe Ernie's cottage.
10. What is the arroyo and what is it used for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ernie takes great time to describe the lifestyle of Jalco. Please describe the lifestyle of Jalco and compare this to the lifestyle of Ernie in Mazatlan or Tepic.
Essay Topic 2
While Ernie it living in Mazatlan we get a glimpse of the class differences. Please analyze the various differences, hindrances, or opportunities that the poor and rich faced in Mazatlan. How was Ernie affected by these class differences?
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what narrative mode is and the four main types of narrative mode we touched on. Which narrative mode is used in Barrio Boy and do you think that this narrative mode was the best for the story? Why or why not?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)