Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the residents of Jalcocotbn do with their trash?
2. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
3. In part one, section 4 what trait do we see associated with femininity?
4. What nation did General Porfirio Diaz fight in war, leading to his becoming president?
5. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernie describe his new home in Mazatlan?
2. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
3. What is the Lopez family's opinion of and experience with the priest?
4. What are the circumstances surrounding Nerun's death?
5. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
6. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
7. Why does the author state that he initially was compelled to write this story?
8. What is pinole and what is it for?
9. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
10. What does the author's language and description of Jalco seem to emphasize?
While Ernie it living in Mazatlan we get a glimpse of the class differences. Please analyze the various differences, hindrances, or opportunities that the poor and rich faced in Mazatlan. How was Ernie affected by these class differences?
Relationships are important elements of this story. Please choose one of Ernie's relationships and analyze it. Does this relationship change? How does it affect him as person?
Please identify what conflict in a literature is and define the five types of conflict we touched on in class. What is the primary type of conflict found in Barrio Boy?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)