|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does Ernie give that shows there are safety concerns in Tepic?
(a) Everyone is in their homes by twilight.
(b) Ernie's mother purchases a gun.
(c) The landlady bars the doors of the patio at night.
(d) Gustavo sleeps with a knife near his bed.
2. What does Ernie refer to his mother's sewing machine as?
(b) The Singer.
(c) The Ajax.
(d) The monster.
3. Who comes through Jalco with news of Gustavo?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(c) A man who used to live in Jalco too.
(d) A soldier.
4. What is the term used for Mexicans that have grown up in California?
5. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernie refer to his new apartment in Part Four?
2. What is Leandro Valle?
3. What type of food does the restaurant where Ernie works serve?
4. Who are the only individuals Ernie and Henriqueta socialize with while they stay in Tucson?
5. According to Henriqueta where else did Christopher Columbus discover besides the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
2. What is Ernie's gang like in the barrio?
3. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
4. What role does the forest play to the residents of Jalco?
5. Why is Ernie so angry with his mother as they journey to Tepic?
6. How does Ernie feel about moving to Tepic?
7. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
8. What two things interrupt the train's travels to Tucson?
9. What are the residents of Leandro Valle like?
10. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, Section 9?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)