|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
2. Who gets access to organized education in Tepic?
(a) Only those going into the church.
(b) Only the children of the rich.
(d) Only boys.
3. Ernie comments that the world is made of two types of men, those on horseback and what other type of men?
(a) Those with money.
(b) Those on their knees.
(c) Those in government.
(d) Those on foot.
4. Where is Ernie when his mother returns home at night from helping attend to a sick person?
(a) Sitting at the dinner table.
(b) Playing outside in the dark.
(c) At the well.
(d) Hiding under his bed.
5. What is the name of the most dangerous part of the family's journey to Tepic?
(a) The spine.
(b) The dead saints highway.
(c) The dark path.
(d) The devil's backbone.
Short Answer Questions
1. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
2. What type of job does Josy hold in Tepic?
3. Who comes through Jalco with news of Gustavo?
4. Which of the following roles do Americans not have in the barrio?
5. What does Ernie's mother have him take to Juan-Chon while on the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the forest play to the residents of Jalco?
2. What does Ernie see as they approach Tepic?
3. What is one of the signs of manhood Ernie describes?
4. What differences between Americans and Mexicans does Ernie note in Part Three?
5. What is the difference in the way older boys and younger boys play in Jalco?
6. What is Ernie's gang like in the barrio?
7. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
8. What happens when the soldiers come to Jalco?
9. What is Ernie's meeting with Juan-Chon like in Part Three?
10. How does Ernie feel about moving to Tepic?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)