|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernie first learn about the physical differences between boys and girls?
(a) By watching the girls bathe in the river.
(b) By reading magazines.
(c) By watching old black and white films.
(d) By hearing stories told by the older boys.
2. What does Ernie call the men who stand outside stores yelling their slogans?
(c) Street criers.
3. Who shoots at Josy as he leaves his job building stone markers?
(a) A bola.
(b) The foreman of Josy's employer.
(c) A pro-Madero soldier.
(d) A pro-Porfirio soldier.
4. According to Part One, Sections 9 and 10, who is campaigning against Don Porfirio for the presidency?
(a) Don Marco Juan Villas.
(b) Don Francisco Madero.
(c) Don Roberto Vasquez.
(d) Don Miguel Caster.
5. What role do the younger boys play when the older boys allow them to play bullfights with them?
(a) The matadores.
(c) The picadores.
(d) The bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ernie comments that the world is made of two types of men, those on horseback and what other type of men?
2. What example does Ernie give that shows there are safety concerns in Tepic?
3. Through whose story does Ernie explain the traditional way a boy learns his fathers work?
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
5. How does Ernie react when he sees the American soldiers helping people off the train?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)