|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the landlady's helper in Tepic?
(a) 1 year younger than Ernie.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 2 or 3 years older than Ernie.
(d) 25 years old.
2. Which of the following characters contracts measles in Part Three of the story?
3. What are supporters of Don Porfirio called?
4. Why are the Lopez's held at Angel Island when they come by boat to the U.S?
(a) Because they are criminals.
(b) Because they are in quarantine.
(c) Because that is where they requested to be dropped off.
(d) Because that is as far as the boat goes.
5. What example does Ernie give that shows there are safety concerns in Tepic?
(a) Everyone is in their homes by twilight.
(b) The landlady bars the doors of the patio at night.
(c) Gustavo sleeps with a knife near his bed.
(d) Ernie's mother purchases a gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ernie not allowed in the party for the poor children?
2. Which of the following roles do Americans not have in the barrio?
3. Where do the children play bullfight?
4. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernie describe his new home in Mazatlan?
2. What are the circumstances surrounding Nerun's death?
3. What are the residents of Leandro Valle like?
4. How does Ernie view the train station in Part Two, Section 2?
5. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
6. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, Section 9?
7. What is one of the signs of manhood Ernie describes?
8. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
9. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
10. What two things interrupt the train's travels to Tucson?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)