|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernie not allowed in the party for the poor children?
(a) Because he is wearing shoes.
(b) Because he did not have an invitation.
(c) Because he has not combed his hair.
(d) Because he is not dirty and must not be poor.
2. What is the name of the boy Ernie runs against in the mock election?
3. What is the term used for Mexicans that have grown up in California?
4. Which of the following roles do Americans not have in the barrio?
(c) Rent collectors.
5. What American activity are the Mexican immigrants pleasantly surprised about?
(a) The surprising amount of community activities.
(b) The rock n' roll music.
(c) The Americans' laughter.
(d) Trash collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ernie when his mother returns home at night from helping attend to a sick person?
2. What role do the younger boys play when the older boys allow them to play bullfights with them?
3. What does Ernie notice about Juan-Chon when he sees him on the train to the U.S?
4. What example does Ernie give that shows there are safety concerns in Tepic?
5. How high are the sidewalks where Ernie lives in the Mazatlan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ernie's gang like in the barrio?
2. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
3. How does Ernie describe the Devil's Backbone?
4. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
5. What are the circumstances surrounding Nerun's death?
6. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
7. How does Ernie view the train station in Part Two, Section 2?
8. What two things interrupt the train's travels to Tucson?
9. What differences between Americans and Mexicans does Ernie note in Part Three?
10. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)