|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of job does Josy hold in Tepic?
(a) He works in construction.
(b) He is a cart driver.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He is a day laborer.
2. Who is the gang leader of the boys of the brewery?
(a) El Huilo.
(b) El Mercado.
(c) El Wampole.
(d) El Perico.
3. To what city does Gustavo go to find work?
(b) El Cajon.
(c) Mexico City.
4. What has caused the creek near Jalco to overflow?
(a) A huge snow melt.
(b) Hurricane rains.
(c) A broken dam.
5. What book does Ernie ask Mr. Howard to find for him?
(a) Tio Tonche.
(b) The Three Little Pigs.
(c) Commentaries on the Common Law of England.
(d) The Hardy Boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ernie work for in California?
2. In Part Four, about how many tenants are there in Ernie's apartment building?
3. What is the name of the forest where the measles patients are quarantined in Part Three?
4. What is the name of the boy Ernie runs against in the mock election?
5. How does Ernie react when he sees the American soldiers helping people off the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
2. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
3. What does Ernie see as they approach Tepic?
4. What happens when the soldiers come to Jalco?
5. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
6. How does Ernie describe his new home in Mazatlan?
7. What is Ernie's experience with music in the barrio?
8. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
9. What are the residents of Leandro Valle like?
10. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)