|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of job does Josy hold in Tepic?
(a) He is a delivery boy.
(b) He is a day laborer.
(c) He works in construction.
(d) He is a cart driver.
2. Who gets access to organized education in Tepic?
(a) Only those going into the church.
(b) Only boys.
(c) Only the children of the rich.
3. Why is Ernie not allowed in the party for the poor children?
(a) Because he has not combed his hair.
(b) Because he did not have an invitation.
(c) Because he is not dirty and must not be poor.
(d) Because he is wearing shoes.
4. Where is Ernie when his mother returns home at night from helping attend to a sick person?
(a) At the well.
(b) Hiding under his bed.
(c) Playing outside in the dark.
(d) Sitting at the dinner table.
5. Who comes through Jalco with news of Gustavo?
(b) A man who used to live in Jalco too.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Catarino bring back home with him from work in Part Two, Section 1?
2. Where does Henriqueta's cousin suggest she save her money?
3. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
4. What book does Ernie ask Mr. Howard to find for him?
5. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)