|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
(a) Gain land.
(b) Leave his parents home and build his own.
(c) Be saved by the holy church.
(d) Learn to work as his father does.
2. What do Don Porfirio's mounted police tell the Lopez family they are to do for the troops coming to the village?
(a) They are to do whatever they ask.
(b) They are to pay them their taxes.
(c) They are to make them breakfast.
(d) They are to come out and cheer for them.
3. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
(a) The market.
(b) The orchard.
(d) The river.
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
(c) San Diego.
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
(a) First grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) Second grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ernie when his mother returns home at night from helping attend to a sick person?
2. Where does Henriqueta's cousin suggest she save her money?
3. How old is the landlady's helper in Tepic?
4. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
5. What two things are the soldiers looking for when they come to Jalco?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)