|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes through Jalco with news of Gustavo?
(b) A man who used to live in Jalco too.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A traveling salesman.
2. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
3. What are supporters of Don Porfirio called?
4. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
(b) The river.
(c) The market.
(d) The orchard.
5. What does Ernie play with the light bulbs in his Tucson hotel room?
(a) On off.
(b) Bright light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of job does Josy hold in Tepic?
2. What do the wooden crosses that Ernie sees on his journey to Tepic mean?
3. What is the name of the most dangerous part of the family's journey to Tepic?
4. What does Ernie refer to his mother's sewing machine as?
5. What role do the younger boys play when the older boys allow them to play bullfights with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
2. Why is Ernie so angry with his mother as they journey to Tepic?
3. What is the family's plan to leave Tepic?
4. What differences between Americans and Mexicans does Ernie note in Part Three?
5. How does Ernie view the train station in Part Two, Section 2?
6. What is one of the signs of manhood Ernie describes?
7. What role does the forest play to the residents of Jalco?
8. What presence do Americans have in the barrio?
9. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
10. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)