|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Ernie's is sore from the long horse ride to Tepic?
(a) His back.
(b) His rear.
(c) His groin.
(d) His head.
2. What astronomical sight does Ernie mention seeing during his last year in Jalco?
(a) Halley's Comet.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) Sighting of Venus.
(d) A falling star.
3. In Part Four, about how many tenants are there in Ernie's apartment building?
4. Who does Ernie work for in California?
(a) A nearby restaurant.
(b) The milk man.
(c) The Chinese laundryman.
(d) His landlady.
5. Which of the following activities do Americans do that Ernie sees as strange?
(a) They grab each others hands and shake them.
(b) They chew on toothpicks.
(c) They say "howdy."
(d) They leave their hats on while inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ernie when his mother returns home at night from helping attend to a sick person?
2. Besides electricity, what other modern convenience does Ernie learn about when they arrive in Tucson?
3. What is Leandro Valle?
4. What animals does Catarino bring back home with him from work in Part Two, Section 1?
5. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)