|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign tells Ernie and Henriqueta that Josy has had a successful day of work when he returns home?
(a) He is dancing.
(b) He is whistling.
(c) He is singing.
(d) He is smiling.
2. Between what ages do young men in Jalco ask for a girl's hand in marriage?
(a) Between 18 to 21 years old.
(b) Between 16 to 18 years old.
(c) Between 12 to 16 years old.
(d) Between 21 and 26 years old.
3. Which of the following roles do Americans not have in the barrio?
(c) Rent collectors.
4. What role do the younger boys play when the older boys allow them to play bullfights with them?
(a) The bull.
(c) The matadores.
(d) The picadores.
5. How high are the sidewalks where Ernie lives in the Mazatlan?
(a) Six or seven feet above the street.
(b) There are no sidewalks where Ernie lives.
(c) A foot high.
(d) Six inches high.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are boys responsible for completing traditionally feminine chores?
2. How does Ernie react when he sees the American soldiers helping people off the train?
3. Which of the following characters contracts measles in Part Three of the story?
4. What part of Ernie's is sore from the long horse ride to Tepic?
5. Why does Henriqueta give Ernie an emulsion called Wampole?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)