|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign tells Ernie and Henriqueta that Josy has had a successful day of work when he returns home?
(a) He is smiling.
(b) He is whistling.
(c) He is dancing.
(d) He is singing.
2. What is Leandro Valle?
(a) One of the neighborhoods in Mazatlan.
(b) The street Ernie lives on.
(c) The name of Ernie's best friend in Mazatlan.
(d) The name of Ernie's neighbor.
3. What astronomical sight does Ernie mention seeing during his last year in Jalco?
(a) Sighting of Venus.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A falling star.
(d) Halley's Comet.
4. According to Part One, Sections 9 and 10, who is campaigning against Don Porfirio for the presidency?
(a) Don Marco Juan Villas.
(b) Don Roberto Vasquez.
(c) Don Miguel Caster.
(d) Don Francisco Madero.
5. Where do the children play bullfight?
(a) In the pasture.
(b) In the corrals.
(c) In the plaza.
(d) By the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets access to organized education in Tepic?
2. What two things are the soldiers looking for when they come to Jalco?
3. What is the name of the most dangerous part of the family's journey to Tepic?
4. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
5. Where does Henriqueta's cousin suggest she save her money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What differences between Americans and Mexicans does Ernie note in Part Three?
2. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
3. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
4. What is the family's plan to leave Tepic?
5. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
6. Why is Ernie so angry with his mother as they journey to Tepic?
7. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
8. What is the difference in the way older boys and younger boys play in Jalco?
9. What happens to the Galarzas as they arrive in the U.S.?
10. What is Ernie and Henriqueta's short experience in Tucson like?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)