|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Ernie's is sore from the long horse ride to Tepic?
(a) His groin.
(b) His back.
(c) His rear.
(d) His head.
2. Whose belonging have to be brought to the Lopez's home due to the flooding?
(a) Don Evaristo's.
(b) Don Guillermo's.
(c) Don Catalinio's.
(d) Don Manuelo's.
3. Which of the following roles do Americans not have in the barrio?
(a) Rent collectors.
4. What type of job does Josy hold in Tepic?
(a) He is a day laborer.
(b) He is a cart driver.
(c) He is a delivery boy.
(d) He works in construction.
5. Who gets access to organized education in Tepic?
(b) Only boys.
(c) Only those going into the church.
(d) Only the children of the rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ernie and his family stay the first night of their travels to Tepic?
2. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
3. When are boys responsible for completing traditionally feminine chores?
4. How old is the landlady's helper in Tepic?
5. What sign tells Ernie and Henriqueta that Josy has had a successful day of work when he returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
2. What differences between Americans and Mexicans does Ernie note in Part Three?
3. What two things interrupt the train's travels to Tucson?
4. What happens when the soldiers come to Jalco?
5. What are the circumstances surrounding Nerun's death?
6. What presence do Americans have in the barrio?
7. What role does the forest play to the residents of Jalco?
8. How does Ernie view the train station in Part Two, Section 2?
9. What is the difference in the way older boys and younger boys play in Jalco?
10. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)