|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
2. How does Ernie react when he sees the American soldiers helping people off the train?
(a) He is overjoyed.
(b) He thinks it is exciting.
(c) He is angry at the soldiers.
(d) He is frightened.
3. In Part Four, about how many tenants are there in Ernie's apartment building?
4. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
(b) The orchard.
(c) The river.
(d) The market.
5. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
(a) By washing other clothes.
(b) By nannying.
(c) By sewing and mending.
(d) By teaching at a neighborhood school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
2. To what city does Gustavo go to find work?
3. What sign tells Ernie and Henriqueta that Josy has had a successful day of work when he returns home?
4. Why are the Lopez's held at Angel Island when they come by boat to the U.S?
5. Which of the following activities do Americans do that Ernie sees as strange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, Section 9?
2. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
3. How does Ernie describe his new home in Mazatlan?
4. What does Ernie see as they approach Tepic?
5. What role does the forest play to the residents of Jalco?
6. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
7. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
8. What are the circumstances surrounding Nerun's death?
9. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
10. How does Ernie feel about moving to Tepic?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)