|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
(b) San Diego.
2. What is the Plaza de Armas?
(a) The main government building in Tepic.
(b) Tepic's central plaza.
(c) The nearest church to Ernie's home.
(d) The street that Ernie lives on in Tepic.
3. Which of the following roles do Americans not have in the barrio?
(a) Rent collectors.
4. Whose belonging have to be brought to the Lopez's home due to the flooding?
(a) Don Evaristo's.
(b) Don Catalinio's.
(c) Don Manuelo's.
(d) Don Guillermo's.
5. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which animals did Ernie's family leave behind in Jalco?
2. What American activity are the Mexican immigrants pleasantly surprised about?
3. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
4. What does Ernie call the men who stand outside stores yelling their slogans?
5. What has caused the creek near Jalco to overflow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, Section 9?
2. What two things interrupt the train's travels to Tucson?
3. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
4. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
5. What is Ernie and Henriqueta's short experience in Tucson like?
6. How does Ernie feel about moving to Tepic?
7. What happens to Ernie's tooth in Mazatlan?
8. What presence do Americans have in the barrio?
9. What is Ernie's meeting with Juan-Chon like in Part Three?
10. What is Ernie's experience with music in the barrio?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)