|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astronomical sight does Ernie mention seeing during his last year in Jalco?
(a) Halley's Comet.
(b) A falling star.
(c) Sighting of Venus.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
2. What is the name of the boy Ernie runs against in the mock election?
3. At what age do the boys in the village begin taking on manual labor?
(a) 9 or 10 years old.
(b) 5 or 6 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
4. Who are the only individuals Ernie and Henriqueta socialize with while they stay in Tucson?
(a) The old couple they are renting a room from.
(b) The family that lives across from them.
(c) The mailman that comes by once a day.
(d) The father of the local church.
5. How does the Old Gentleman signal to Ernie that he should come over and help with his tie?
(a) By knocking on the wall.
(b) By calling for him.
(c) By sending him notes.
(d) By stomping on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, sections 9 and 10?
2. How does Ernie feel about sandwiches the first time he eats one?
3. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
4. What is the name of the most dangerous part of the family's journey to Tepic?
5. Where do Ernie and his family stay the first night of their travels to Tepic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ernie so angry with his mother as they journey to Tepic?
2. What happens when the soldiers come to Jalco?
3. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
4. What is the family's plan to leave Tepic?
5. What is Ernie's gang like in the barrio?
6. What is Ernie's meeting with Juan-Chon like in Part Three?
7. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
8. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
9. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
10. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)