|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the landlady's helper in Tepic?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 1 year younger than Ernie.
(c) 2 or 3 years older than Ernie.
(d) 25 years old.
2. What is the name of the most dangerous part of the family's journey to Tepic?
(a) The dark path.
(b) The devil's backbone.
(c) The spine.
(d) The dead saints highway.
3. According to Part One, Sections 9 and 10, who is campaigning against Don Porfirio for the presidency?
(a) Don Marco Juan Villas.
(b) Don Roberto Vasquez.
(c) Don Francisco Madero.
(d) Don Miguel Caster.
4. Through whose story does Ernie explain the traditional way a boy learns his fathers work?
5. Where do Ernie and his family stay the first night of their travels to Tepic?
(a) A refugee camp.
(b) In a motel.
(c) A rancho.
(d) In a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
2. What does Ernie notice about Juan-Chon when he sees him on the train to the U.S?
3. How does Ernie first learn about the physical differences between boys and girls?
4. What is the term used for Mexicans that have grown up in California?
5. What is the Plaza de Armas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
2. Why is Ernie so angry with his mother as they journey to Tepic?
3. What are the circumstances surrounding Nerun's death?
4. What is Ernie's gang like in the barrio?
5. How does Ernie view the train station in Part Two, Section 2?
6. What are the haciendas and Ernie's opinion of them?
7. What are the various jobs help by Ernie's family while in Tepic?
8. What two things interrupt the train's travels to Tucson?
9. What is Ernie and Henriqueta's short experience in Tucson like?
10. How does Ernie describe his new home in Mazatlan?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)