|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basic skills do the adults of Jalcocotbn value?
(a) Arithmetic and language.
(b) Language and science.
(c) Science and history.
(d) Cooking and Arithmetic.
2. What profession do Ernie and his cousins vow never to become in Part One, Section 7?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A priest.
(c) A farm worker.
(d) A teacher.
3. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
4. What trait does Ernie find more important about the rooster than his intelligence?
(a) His physical strength.
(b) His speed.
(c) His feistiness.
(d) His bravery.
5. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
(a) Jungle cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
2. How does Ernie receive his education, for the most part?
3. Who collects unbaptized children and carries them off?
4. What animal is shared by the entire village?
5. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Coronel's protection of the hens reinforce for Ernie?
2. How does Ernie feel about the arrieros?
3. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
4. What is pinole and what is it for?
5. How does Ernie describe his friend's funeral?
6. From Ernie's description of Jalco, what does the daily lifestyle seem like in the village?
7. How does Ernie describe the various animals in Part One, Section 3?
8. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
9. What is music in Jalco like and used for?
10. Describe Ernie's cottage.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)