|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of book is the one printed book Dona Henriqueta owns?
(a) A novella.
(b) A bible.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A comic book.
2. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
(c) Lemon Leaves.
3. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
4. What foods does Ernie learn to eat like a man?
(a) Atole and panocha .
5. What does the Weeping Woman's presence foreshadow?
(b) Volcanic erruptions.
(d) The birth of a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
2. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
3. What do the residents of Jalcocotbn do with their trash?
4. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
5. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is pinole and what is it for?
2. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
3. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
4. Describe Don Cleofas.
5. What are the historical and psychological reasons for the author writing this book?
6. How does Ernie describe his friend's funeral?
7. What does Coronel's protection of the hens reinforce for Ernie?
8. What is the layout of the village of Jalco?
9. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
10. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)