|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
(a) A small tunnel that is in the side of the rocky hills.
(b) A secret path leading up to the mountains.
(c) A hidden cove on the coast line housing hidden boats.
(d) A hidden path through the forest.
2. What is aguardiente according to Ernie?
(a) A bath.
(b) Chili juice.
3. How is the daily lifestyle in Jalcocotbn as seen in Section 2 best described?
(c) Always changing.
4. Who collects unbaptized children and carries them off?
(a) The Devil.
(b) El Chupecabra.
(c) The Weeping Woman.
(d) The Wailer.
5. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
(b) La Cuidad de Suenos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
2. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
3. What is suggested after the author's stories circulate at a scholarly meeting?
4. What type of animal is the family pet while Ernie lives in Jalco?
5. What profession do Ernie and his cousins vow never to become in Part One, Section 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
2. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
3. What is Ernie and Henriqueta's short experience in Tucson like?
4. How does Ernie feel about moving to Tepic?
5. Describe Ernie's cottage.
6. What role does the forest play to the residents of Jalco?
7. What is Ernie's experience with music in the barrio?
8. How does Jalco keep its history alive?
9. What affect does the flu epidemic have on Ernie's family?
10. How does Ernie describe his new home in Mazatlan?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)