|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A horse.
2. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
(c) Lemon Leaves.
3. How is the daily lifestyle in Jalcocotbn as seen in Section 2 best described?
(d) Always changing.
4. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
(a) Pig latin.
(b) An ancient Indian language.
5. What basic skills do the adults of Jalcocotbn value?
(a) Language and science.
(b) Cooking and Arithmetic.
(c) Arithmetic and language.
(d) Science and history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foods does Ernie learn to eat like a man?
2. What is the only way that Jalcocotbn is reachable?
3. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
4. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
5. In part one, section 4 what trait do we see associated with femininity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author's language and description of Jalco seem to emphasize?
2. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
3. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
4. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
5. What are the historical and psychological reasons for the author writing this book?
6. What does Ernie's education in Part One, Section 5 mainly consist of?
7. Describe Don Cleofas.
8. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
9. How does Jalco keep its history alive?
10. Describe Ernie's cottage.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)