|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Dosa Eduvijes' tales do for the children in the village?
(a) Provides exposure to the concepts of good and evil.
(b) Makes them more creative.
(c) Teaches them about mythology.
(d) Scares them so that they do not go into the surrounding woods.
2. What reassurance does Ernie's mother give him about the rooster.
(a) That he will not hurt the chickens.
(b) That he is a smart animal.
(c) That he is the bravest rooster in the area.
(d) That he will not hurt Ernie.
3. What does the Weeping Woman's presence foreshadow?
(a) Volcanic erruptions.
(d) The birth of a child.
4. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Aparicio.
(b) Don Valasguez.
(c) Don Carlo.
(d) Don Marco.
5. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
(c) La Cuidad de Suenos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
2. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
3. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
4. What does the Lopez family seem to think the priests are more preoccupied with than saving souls?
5. What did the Spaniards do to some of the Indians when they came to Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
2. From Ernie's description of Jalco, what does the daily lifestyle seem like in the village?
3. What are the historical and psychological reasons for the author writing this book?
4. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
5. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
6. What does Ernie's education in Part One, Section 5 mainly consist of?
7. How does the author describe his relatives in Jalco?
8. How does Ernie feel about the arrieros?
9. How does Ernie describe the various animals in Part One, Section 3?
10. What is music in Jalco like and used for?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)