Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the residents of Jalcocotbn do with their trash?
(a) They bury it in a nearby cave.
(b) They throw it in a ditch alongside the street.
(c) They throw it into the ocean.
(d) They burn it every week in a large ditch.
2. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
3. In part one, section 4 what trait do we see associated with femininity?
4. What nation did General Porfirio Diaz fight in war, leading to his becoming president?
(b) United States.
5. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Marco.
(b) Don Carlo.
(c) Don Aparicio.
(d) Don Valasguez.
Short Answer Questions
1. The use of what words in Part One, Section 4 can be seen as adding to the sense of division between men and women?
2. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
3. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
4. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
5. What is the hanging platform called that Ernie slept on as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernie describe his new home in Mazatlan?
2. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
3. What is the Lopez family's opinion of and experience with the priest?
4. What are the circumstances surrounding Nerun's death?
5. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
6. How does Ernie allude to the dangers of living in a city like Tepic?
7. Why does the author state that he initially was compelled to write this story?
8. What is pinole and what is it for?
9. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
10. What does the author's language and description of Jalco seem to emphasize?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)