|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Aparicio.
(b) Don Carlo.
(c) Don Valasguez.
(d) Don Marco.
2. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
(d) Jungle cats.
3. What do Dosa Eduvijes' tales do for the children in the village?
(a) Makes them more creative.
(b) Scares them so that they do not go into the surrounding woods.
(c) Teaches them about mythology.
(d) Provides exposure to the concepts of good and evil.
4. What does the Lopez family seem to think the priests are more preoccupied with than saving souls?
(a) Saving themselves.
(b) Being treated well.
(c) Making money.
(d) Moving up in the church.
5. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coronel attack a buzzard?
2. What does Ernie call his Aunt Ester?
3. Who comments that buzzards are "chickens"?
4. What do Jalco children learn by having others who are not their parents discipline them?
5. What is the name of the family rooster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
2. From Ernie's description of Jalco, what does the daily lifestyle seem like in the village?
3. How does Jalco keep its history alive?
4. How does Ernie feel about the arrieros?
5. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
6. How does Catarino's opinion about Coronel's fight affect Ernie?
7. How did Jalco come to exists?
8. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
9. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
10. Describe Don Cleofas.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)