|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the original settlers of Jalcocotbn choose that location to settle?
(a) Because it was in a fertile valley.
(b) Because it was close to the Pacific Ocean.
(c) Because it was close to the city of San Antonio.
(d) Because it offered natural protection from intruders and the harsh wind and sun.
2. What outdoor activity did the men of a Jalcocotbn participate in if the weather permitted?
3. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Carlo.
(b) Don Marco.
(c) Don Aparicio.
(d) Don Valasguez.
4. What type of work does Don Catarino do?
(a) He works as a foreman at a rock quarry.
(b) He works on a coffee plantation.
(c) He is a construction worker in the next village.
(d) He is a field worker in the mountain's corn patches.
5. According to the author in Section 1, what is the historical importance of the story?
(a) That it is important because it is the story of his life.
(b) That the story talks specifically about human rights.
(c) That many other families also migrated to the United States.
(d) That the story covers never before heard history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
2. What is the only way that Jalcocotbn is reachable?
3. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
4. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
5. What is Cleofas' age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the layout of the village of Jalco?
2. How does Jalco keep its history alive?
3. What does Dosa Eduvijes do and why?
4. How does Ernie feel about the arrieros?
5. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
6. What does the author's language and description of Jalco seem to emphasize?
7. What does Ernie's education in Part One, Section 5 mainly consist of?
8. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
9. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
10. What is pinole and what is it for?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)