|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
(a) In a large kettle.
(b) WIth patience and love.
(c) On the comal.
(d) Quickly so that they do not turn brown.
2. What outdoor activity did the men of a Jalcocotbn participate in if the weather permitted?
3. How much older than Ernie is Josy?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
(a) A horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A dog.
5. At what age is it customary for adults and neighbors to take part in the child's discipline in the village of Jalco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Chencho's profession?
2. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
3. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
4. Who collects unbaptized children and carries them off?
5. What is suggested after the author's stories circulate at a scholarly meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ernie describe the various animals in Part One, Section 3?
2. What is pinole and what is it for?
3. How does Catarino's opinion about Coronel's fight affect Ernie?
4. How does Jalco keep its history alive?
5. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
6. How did Jalco come to exists?
7. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
8. From Ernie's description of Jalco, what does the daily lifestyle seem like in the village?
9. How does Ernie describe his friend's funeral?
10. Describe Ernie's cottage.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)