|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Uncle Josy play?
(a) The Harmonica.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The maracas.
(d) The drum.
2. The use of what words in Part One, Section 4 can be seen as adding to the sense of division between men and women?
(a) Small and large.
(b) Chicken and buzzard.
(c) Gallo and chicken.
(d) Brave and scared.
3. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
4. What is the central theme of Cleofas' version of Jalco's history?
5. What reassurance does Ernie's mother give him about the rooster.
(a) That he will not hurt Ernie.
(b) That he will not hurt the chickens.
(c) That he is the bravest rooster in the area.
(d) That he is a smart animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Don Chencho's profession?
2. What outdoor activity did the men of a Jalcocotbn participate in if the weather permitted?
3. What does Cleofas consider as a basic human right?
4. Why does Coronel attack a buzzard?
5. What is the name of the stream that runs through Jalcocotbn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
2. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
3. What is the layout of the village of Jalco?
4. What does Ernie's education in Part One, Section 5 mainly consist of?
5. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
6. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
7. How does the author describe his relatives in Jalco?
8. How does Catarino's opinion about Coronel's fight affect Ernie?
9. What is the Lopez family's opinion of and experience with the priest?
10. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)