|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fruit is cooked overnight in a hole in the ground?
2. At what age is it customary for adults and neighbors to take part in the child's discipline in the village of Jalco?
3. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A donkey.
4. What type of animal is the family pet while Ernie lives in Jalco?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
5. What does Cleofas consider as a basic human right?
(a) A person's right to have an education.
(b) The right to marry whoever you choose.
(c) Access to clean water.
(d) A man's freedom to work for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is overheard saying that "nothing ever happens" in Jalcocotbn?
2. What type of work does Don Catarino do?
3. What do Ernie and his mother bring to the mother of a dead boy?
4. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
5. What is the central theme of Cleofas' version of Jalco's history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
2. How does the author describe his relatives in Jalco?
3. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
4. Describe Don Cleofas.
5. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
6. Why does the author state that he initially was compelled to write this story?
7. What is the Lopez family's opinion of and experience with the priest?
8. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
9. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
10. What does Coronel's protection of the hens reinforce for Ernie?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)