|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the men in Jalco sing?
(a) Only in church.
(b) Only when they are drunk.
(c) During the holidays or birthdays.
(d) In the evenings as they return from work.
2. How did the residents of the village keep the street in front of their cottages clean?
(a) Hiring a street cleaner.
(b) Blocking it with stones.
(c) Clearing it with a leaf blower.
(d) Sprinkling water on it.
3. What kind of stories does the narrator say he tells his family?
(a) Proverbs that he learned from his mother.
(b) The story of the freedom of Central America.
(c) Tales of Mexican mythology.
(d) Anecdotes about the village where he was born.
4. What type of animal is the family pet while Ernie lives in Jalco?
(a) A goat.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
5. How is the daily lifestyle in Jalcocotbn as seen in Section 2 best described?
(b) Always changing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
2. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
3. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
4. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
5. What is Don Chencho's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ernie so angry with his mother as they journey to Tepic?
2. What role does Dosa Florencia play in Ernie's neighborhood?
3. What is Ernie and Henriqueta's short experience in Tucson like?
4. Describe Ernie's cottage.
5. What is the family's plan to leave Tepic?
6. Describe Don Cleofas.
7. How does the healer attempt to make a sick girl well in part five?
8. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
9. What are some effects of the flooding in Jalco?
10. What does Ernie see as they approach Tepic?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)