|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way that Jalcocotbn is reachable?
(a) By an underground cave system.
(b) By boat.
(c) By a narrow canyon trail.
(d) By steep, rocky trails.
2. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
(a) Jungle cats.
3. What do the residents of Jalcocotbn do with their trash?
(a) They throw it into the ocean.
(b) They bury it in a nearby cave.
(c) They throw it in a ditch alongside the street.
(d) They burn it every week in a large ditch.
4. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
(a) On the comal.
(b) Quickly so that they do not turn brown.
(c) WIth patience and love.
(d) In a large kettle.
5. What do Ernie and his mother bring to the mother of a dead boy?
(a) A vase.
(b) All answers are right.
(d) A book of prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernie call his Aunt Ester?
2. What is Cleofas' age?
3. What is the importance of the city of Jalcocotbn to the author?
4. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
5. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the historical and psychological reasons for the author writing this book?
2. What is the arroyo and what is it used for?
3. What does the author's language and description of Jalco seem to emphasize?
4. Describe Ernie's cottage.
5. How does Ernie describe the various animals in Part One, Section 3?
6. Describe Don Cleofas.
7. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
8. How does Catarino's opinion about Coronel's fight affect Ernie?
9. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
10. What does Dosa Eduvijes do and why?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)