|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides drinking water, what does the stream deliver to the village?
2. Besides "rooster" what does the Spanish word gallo mean?
3. How much older than Ernie is Josy?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
(a) San Blas.
(b) Mexico City.
5. How many school are there in the village of Jalcocotbn?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Spaniards do to some of the Indians when they came to Mexico?
2. What is the hanging platform called that Ernie slept on as a child?
3. Why does the priest expel Josy?
4. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
5. What type of work does Don Catarino do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
2. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
3. Describe Don Cleofas.
4. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
5. What does Dosa Eduvijes do and why?
6. What does Coronel's protection of the hens reinforce for Ernie?
7. How does the author describe his relatives in Jalco?
8. Why does the author state that he initially was compelled to write this story?
9. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
10. From Ernie's description of Jalco, what does the daily lifestyle seem like in the village?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)