|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The street.
(c) The watering hole.
(d) The plaza.
2. Who is the beheaded hero that the men in the village sometimes sing about?
(a) Don Juan Pedro.
3. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
4. Where did Ernie's mother keep her knick-knacks and heirlooms?
(a) In a large stone bowl and lid.
(b) A small beaded bag.
(c) A cedar chest.
(d) In a paper box.
5. Why does Coronel attack a buzzard?
(a) Because the buzzard was hurt.
(b) Because the buzzard attacked a hen.
(c) Because the buzzard was trying to steal his food.
(d) Because he is trying to claim new territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
2. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
3. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
4. What similarity can be seen between Coronel and Don Catarino?
5. Why did the original settlers of Jalcocotbn choose that location to settle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
2. What is the layout of the village of Jalco?
3. What is the connection between the words Gallo and chicken and men and women?
4. Who are Ernie's two uncles and how does he describe them?
5. How does Jalco keep its history alive?
6. How does Ernie react when he sees Coronel mating with the hen?
7. Describe Ernie's cottage.
8. What is the Lopez family's opinion of and experience with the priest?
9. How does Catarino's opinion about Coronel's fight affect Ernie?
10. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)