|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
(c) Lemon Leaves.
2. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A dog.
3. What is a zopilote?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A goat.
(c) A buzzard.
(d) A hen.
4. What type of work does Don Catarino do?
(a) He is a construction worker in the next village.
(b) He is a field worker in the mountain's corn patches.
(c) He works on a coffee plantation.
(d) He works as a foreman at a rock quarry.
5. How did the residents of the village keep the street in front of their cottages clean?
(a) Hiring a street cleaner.
(b) Clearing it with a leaf blower.
(c) Blocking it with stones.
(d) Sprinkling water on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
2. What type of fruit is cooked overnight in a hole in the ground?
3. The use of what words in Part One, Section 4 can be seen as adding to the sense of division between men and women?
4. What is the name of the time when Indian tribes had their own system of authority?
5. What foods does Ernie learn to eat like a man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dosa Eduvijes do and why?
2. Describe Don Cleofas.
3. How is a child of 6 or older raised in Jalco?
4. How does Ernie describe his friend's funeral?
5. How does Jalco keep its history alive?
6. What is the educational system like in Jalco?
7. From Ernie's description of Jalco, what does the daily lifestyle seem like in the village?
8. How is Jalcocotbn described in Part One, Section 1?
9. What is the Lopez family's opinion of and experience with the priest?
10. What are the government and religious institutions like in Jalco?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)