Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What astronomical sight does Ernie mention seeing during his last year in Jalco?
(a) A falling star.
(b) Halley's Comet.
(c) A lunar eclipse.
(d) Sighting of Venus.
2. How does Ernie first learn about the physical differences between boys and girls?
(a) By hearing stories told by the older boys.
(b) By reading magazines.
(c) By watching old black and white films.
(d) By watching the girls bathe in the river.
3. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
(a) By teaching at a neighborhood school.
(b) By nannying.
(c) By washing other clothes.
(d) By sewing and mending.
4. To what city does Gustavo go to find work?
(a) El Cajon.
(b) Mexico City.
5. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
(d) San Diego.
6. How do many of the neighborhood residents view doctors in Mazatlan?
(a) They do not know what doctors are.
(b) They hate all doctors.
(c) They are supicious of them and try to remedy themselves.
(d) They like doctors but simply cannot afford to go to them.
7. Whose belonging have to be brought to the Lopez's home due to the flooding?
(a) Don Evaristo's.
(b) Don Manuelo's.
(c) Don Catalinio's.
(d) Don Guillermo's.
8. What is the largest employer in the area when Ernie is living in Mazatlan?
(a) The local quarry.
(b) The South Coast Railroad.
(c) The large farms.
(d) La Cervecerna del Pacifico.
9. Through whose story does Ernie explain the traditional way a boy learns his fathers work?
10. According to Henriqueta where else did Christopher Columbus discover besides the U.S.?
11. What is a capataz?
(a) A dangerous animal.
(b) A farm supervisor.
(c) A sheriff.
(d) A small woolen hat.
12. How high are the sidewalks where Ernie lives in the Mazatlan?
(a) A foot high.
(b) There are no sidewalks where Ernie lives.
(c) Six or seven feet above the street.
(d) Six inches high.
13. What example does Ernie give that shows there are safety concerns in Tepic?
(a) Gustavo sleeps with a knife near his bed.
(b) Everyone is in their homes by twilight.
(c) Ernie's mother purchases a gun.
(d) The landlady bars the doors of the patio at night.
14. What does Ernie's mother have him take to Juan-Chon while on the train?
(a) A note.
(b) Something to drink.
(c) Two tacos.
(d) A piece of candy.
15. What book does Ernie ask Mr. Howard to find for him?
(a) The Three Little Pigs.
(b) The Hardy Boys.
(c) Commentaries on the Common Law of England.
(d) Tio Tonche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only individuals Ernie and Henriqueta socialize with while they stay in Tucson?
2. What is Leandro Valle?
3. In Part Four, about how many tenants are there in Ernie's apartment building?
4. How does Ernie react when he sees the American soldiers helping people off the train?
5. What does Ernie refer to his mother's sewing machine as?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)