Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
(a) Gain land.
(b) Leave his parents home and build his own.
(c) Be saved by the holy church.
(d) Learn to work as his father does.
2. What do Don Porfirio's mounted police tell the Lopez family they are to do for the troops coming to the village?
(a) They are to do whatever they ask.
(b) They are to pay them their taxes.
(c) They are to make them breakfast.
(d) They are to come out and cheer for them.
3. While staying in Acaponeta, where do Ernie and his mother spend Sunday afternoons?
(a) The market.
(b) The orchard.
(d) The river.
4. Where does Josy plan to meet Gustavo when they arrive in the U.S.?
(c) San Diego.
5. What grade is Ernie in when he starts school in Mazatlan?
(a) First grade.
(c) Third grade.
(d) Second grade.
6. Where is Ernie when his mother returns home at night from helping attend to a sick person?
(a) Sitting at the dinner table.
(b) At the well.
(c) Playing outside in the dark.
(d) Hiding under his bed.
7. Where does Henriqueta's cousin suggest she save her money?
(a) Under her floorboards.
(b) In the bank.
(c) With her cousin in a secret place.
(d) With the church.
8. How old is the landlady's helper in Tepic?
(a) 25 years old.
(b) 1 year younger than Ernie.
(c) 2 or 3 years older than Ernie.
(d) 14 years old.
9. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
10. What two things are the soldiers looking for when they come to Jalco?
(a) Weapons and young men.
(b) Gold and weapons.
(c) Criminals and alcohol.
(d) Alcohol and weapons.
11. What does Ernie call the men who stand outside stores yelling their slogans?
(d) Street criers.
12. Who is the gang leader of the boys of the brewery?
(a) El Perico.
(b) El Mercado.
(c) El Wampole.
(d) El Huilo.
13. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, sections 9 and 10?
(a) To avoid being forced into military service.
(b) To go to university.
(c) Because they want an adventure.
(d) Because they are ready to move on to bigger things.
14. What role do the younger boys play when the older boys allow them to play bullfights with them?
(a) The bull.
(b) The picadores.
(d) The matadores.
15. What is tied between the horns of the steer skull when the boys play bullfights?
(a) A piece of rope.
(b) A flower.
(c) A red ribbon.
(d) A cactus leaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters contracts measles in Part Three of the story?
2. How does Ernie react when he sees the American soldiers helping people off the train?
3. What is the largest employer in the area when Ernie is living in Mazatlan?
4. What is a capataz?
5. How high are the sidewalks where Ernie lives in the Mazatlan?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)