|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
2. Who does Ernie work for in California?
(a) His landlady.
(b) The milk man.
(c) The Chinese laundryman.
(d) A nearby restaurant.
3. Who comes through Jalco with news of Gustavo?
(a) A man who used to live in Jalco too.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A traveling salesman.
4. Why are the Lopez's held at Angel Island when they come by boat to the U.S?
(a) Because that is as far as the boat goes.
(b) Because they are in quarantine.
(c) Because they are criminals.
(d) Because that is where they requested to be dropped off.
5. Whose belonging have to be brought to the Lopez's home due to the flooding?
(a) Don Catalinio's.
(b) Don Guillermo's.
(c) Don Manuelo's.
(d) Don Evaristo's.
6. What is Leandro Valle?
(a) The street Ernie lives on.
(b) One of the neighborhoods in Mazatlan.
(c) The name of Ernie's best friend in Mazatlan.
(d) The name of Ernie's neighbor.
7. According to Part One, Sections 9 and 10, who is campaigning against Don Porfirio for the presidency?
(a) Don Roberto Vasquez.
(b) Don Miguel Caster.
(c) Don Marco Juan Villas.
(d) Don Francisco Madero.
8. Where do Ernie and his mother go to get away from the sounds of the city?
(b) A small town north of Tepic.
(c) The Alameda.
(d) Their apartment.
9. What are supporters of Don Porfirio called?
10. What type of instrument does Ernie buy from a pawnshop?
11. Where do Ernie and his family stay the first night of their travels to Tepic?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a motel.
(c) A refugee camp.
(d) A rancho.
12. What animals does Catarino bring back home with him from work in Part Two, Section 1?
(a) A donkey and dog.
(b) A mule and dog.
(c) A horse and mule.
(d) A rooster and hen.
13. Where do the children play bullfight?
(a) By the river.
(b) In the plaza.
(c) In the pasture.
(d) In the corrals.
14. What are the gray towers Ernie sees as he approaches Tepic?
(a) A large government building.
(c) The cathedral.
(d) The old palace.
15. To what city does Gustavo go to find work?
(b) Mexico City.
(c) El Cajon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American activity are the Mexican immigrants pleasantly surprised about?
2. What does Ernie refer to his mother's sewing machine as?
3. Who shoots at Josy as he leaves his job building stone markers?
4. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
5. What is the Plaza de Armas?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)