|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernie refer to his new apartment in Part Four?
(b) The room.
(c) El Como.
(d) 418 L.
2. What has caused the creek near Jalco to overflow?
(b) Hurricane rains.
(c) A broken dam.
(d) A huge snow melt.
3. What are supporters of Don Porfirio called?
4. What does Ernie refer to his mother's sewing machine as?
(a) The Singer.
(b) The Ajax.
(d) The monster.
5. How many rooms does Ernie's new home in Jalco have?
6. What does Josy call the guerrilla soldiers that live in the mountains?
7. What do the wooden crosses that Ernie sees on his journey to Tepic mean?
(a) They represent saints that watch over travelers' safety.
(b) The show where churches once stood.
(c) They mark spots where other travelers have died.
(d) They remind travelers to pray.
8. What is the largest employer in the area when Ernie is living in Mazatlan?
(a) The large farms.
(b) La Cervecerna del Pacifico.
(c) The local quarry.
(d) The South Coast Railroad.
9. What is the Plaza de Armas?
(a) The street that Ernie lives on in Tepic.
(b) The main government building in Tepic.
(c) Tepic's central plaza.
(d) The nearest church to Ernie's home.
10. When are boys responsible for completing traditionally feminine chores?
(a) There are no traditionally feminine chores.
(c) Only when there are no girls in the household.
(d) Whenever they are misbehaving.
11. Who does Ernie work for in California?
(a) His landlady.
(b) The milk man.
(c) The Chinese laundryman.
(d) A nearby restaurant.
12. Who is it that kills Nerun because he is sick?
13. What is the term used for Mexicans that have grown up in California?
14. Where do the children play bullfight?
(a) In the corrals.
(b) In the plaza.
(c) By the river.
(d) In the pasture.
15. Where do Ernie and his mother go to get away from the sounds of the city?
(a) A small town north of Tepic.
(b) The Alameda.
(c) Their apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a capataz?
2. Whose belonging have to be brought to the Lopez's home due to the flooding?
3. What are the gray towers Ernie sees as he approaches Tepic?
4. What American activity are the Mexican immigrants pleasantly surprised about?
5. What is Leandro Valle?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)