|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comments that buzzards are "chickens"?
2. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
(c) Lemon Leaves.
3. What profession is Ernie interested in in Part One, Section 5?
(b) Letter writing.
4. What type of animal is the family pet while Ernie lives in Jalco?
(a) A cat.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A goat.
5. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
(b) An ancient Indian language.
(d) Pig latin.
6. What type of fruit is cooked overnight in a hole in the ground?
7. Why did the original settlers of Jalcocotbn choose that location to settle?
(a) Because it offered natural protection from intruders and the harsh wind and sun.
(b) Because it was close to the Pacific Ocean.
(c) Because it was close to the city of San Antonio.
(d) Because it was in a fertile valley.
8. What foods does Ernie learn to eat like a man?
(d) Atole and panocha .
9. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
(a) A hidden path through the forest.
(b) A small tunnel that is in the side of the rocky hills.
(c) A hidden cove on the coast line housing hidden boats.
(d) A secret path leading up to the mountains.
10. How is the history of Jalco kept?
(b) Word of mouth.
11. What does Ernie call his Aunt Ester?
(a) Aunt Tel.
(d) Aunt Malo.
12. In part one, section 4 what trait do we see associated with femininity?
13. How does Ernie respond when he sees the rooster trying to mate with a hen?
(a) He thinks it is gross.
(b) He does not think anything of it at all.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He is alarmed.
14. What is a zopilote?
(a) A hen.
(b) A buzzard.
(c) A goat.
(d) A chicken.
15. What is the hanging platform called that Ernie slept on as a child?
(a) A mesa.
(b) A cama.
(c) A tapanco.
(d) A hammock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
2. What do Ernie and his mother bring to the mother of a dead boy?
3. What kind of stories does the narrator say he tells his family?
4. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
5. According to the author, who originally settled this mountain village?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)