Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the residents of Jalcocotbn do with their trash?
(a) They bury it in a nearby cave.
(b) They throw it in a ditch alongside the street.
(c) They throw it into the ocean.
(d) They burn it every week in a large ditch.
2. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
3. In part one, section 4 what trait do we see associated with femininity?
4. What nation did General Porfirio Diaz fight in war, leading to his becoming president?
(b) United States.
5. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Marco.
(b) Don Carlo.
(c) Don Aparicio.
(d) Don Valasguez.
6. The use of what words in Part One, Section 4 can be seen as adding to the sense of division between men and women?
(a) Chicken and buzzard.
(b) Gallo and chicken.
(c) Brave and scared.
(d) Small and large.
7. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
(a) As stupid.
(b) As brave.
(c) As lazy.
(d) As a scaredy cat.
8. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
(a) Pig latin.
(b) An ancient Indian language.
9. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
10. What is the hanging platform called that Ernie slept on as a child?
(a) A mesa.
(b) A tapanco.
(c) A cama.
(d) A hammock.
11. What is a zopilote?
(a) A goat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A hen.
(d) A buzzard.
12. What is Don Chencho's profession?
(a) He makes bedstands.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a beer maker.
(d) He is a teacher.
13. Besides drinking water, what does the stream deliver to the village?
14. What is suggested after the author's stories circulate at a scholarly meeting?
(a) That he speak at more scholarly meetings.
(b) That he stop telling stories.
(c) That he write a book.
(d) That he make a movie.
15. What kind of stories does the narrator say he tells his family?
(a) Proverbs that he learned from his mother.
(b) The story of the freedom of Central America.
(c) Anecdotes about the village where he was born.
(d) Tales of Mexican mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the time when Indian tribes had their own system of authority?
2. What did the Spaniards do to some of the Indians when they came to Mexico?
3. What basic skills do the adults of Jalcocotbn value?
4. What is the only way that Jalcocotbn is reachable?
5. What type of book is the one printed book Dona Henriqueta owns?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)