|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age is it customary for adults and neighbors to take part in the child's discipline in the village of Jalco?
2. What is the name of the family rooster?
(b) Senor Rooster.
3. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
(c) La Cuidad de Suenos.
4. When is pinole used?
(b) Only during the week.
(c) Easter Sunday.
5. What animal is shared by the entire village?
(a) The goat.
(b) The rooster.
(c) The cow.
(d) The horse.
6. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
(a) On the comal.
(b) In a large kettle.
(c) WIth patience and love.
(d) Quickly so that they do not turn brown.
7. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
(a) Two hundred fifty.
(b) One hundred.
8. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
9. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
(a) As stupid.
(b) As a scaredy cat.
(c) As brave.
(d) As lazy.
10. When do the men in Jalco sing?
(a) Only in church.
(b) During the holidays or birthdays.
(c) Only when they are drunk.
(d) In the evenings as they return from work.
11. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
(c) Jungle cats.
12. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
(d) Lemon Leaves.
13. What type of fruit is cooked overnight in a hole in the ground?
14. Who collects unbaptized children and carries them off?
(a) The Weeping Woman.
(b) The Wailer.
(c) El Chupecabra.
(d) The Devil.
15. What is the importance of the city of Jalcocotbn to the author?
(a) He was born there.
(b) He went to college there.
(c) He wants to move there some day.
(d) He attended high school there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slang term for cowardly is used by Ernie's mother in Part One, Section 4?
2. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
3. Who comments that buzzards are "chickens"?
4. How does Ernie receive his education, for the most part?
5. Who is the beheaded hero that the men in the village sometimes sing about?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)