|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dosa Eduvijes sit when she is ready to tell her tales?
(a) On the big rock at the bank of the pond.
(b) On a brick bench in the plaza.
(c) Right outside the doors of the town chapel.
(d) On the front step of her little hut.
2. Why does the priest expel Josy?
(a) For speaking during the litergy.
(b) For making up Spanish translations of a Latin ritual.
(c) For not ending this prayers correctly.
(d) For refusing to sing with the choir.
3. When is pinole used?
(a) Only during the week.
(c) Easter Sunday.
4. When do the men in Jalco sing?
(a) Only in church.
(b) Only when they are drunk.
(c) In the evenings as they return from work.
(d) During the holidays or birthdays.
5. What is the only way that Jalcocotbn is reachable?
(a) By boat.
(b) By steep, rocky trails.
(c) By an underground cave system.
(d) By a narrow canyon trail.
6. What is the name of the time when Indian tribes had their own system of authority?
(a) The time of old.
(b) The time of the Aztecs.
(c) Pre-columbian era.
(d) Before the conquest.
7. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
(a) Mexico City.
(c) San Blas.
8. Why does Coronel attack a buzzard?
(a) Because the buzzard was trying to steal his food.
(b) Because he is trying to claim new territory.
(c) Because the buzzard was hurt.
(d) Because the buzzard attacked a hen.
9. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
(a) Information about the political state in the city.
(b) Information about it's physical characteristics and history.
(c) Information about the lack of education and work in the city.
(d) Information about the financial situation.
10. How is the history of Jalco kept?
(c) Word of mouth.
11. At what age is it customary for adults and neighbors to take part in the child's discipline in the village of Jalco?
12. What basic skills do the adults of Jalcocotbn value?
(a) Language and science.
(b) Arithmetic and language.
(c) Cooking and Arithmetic.
(d) Science and history.
13. What is Cleofas' age?
(c) It does not say.
14. How did the residents of the village keep the street in front of their cottages clean?
(a) Hiring a street cleaner.
(b) Clearing it with a leaf blower.
(c) Blocking it with stones.
(d) Sprinkling water on it.
15. What trait does Ernie find more important about the rooster than his intelligence?
(a) His physical strength.
(b) His bravery.
(c) His speed.
(d) His feistiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
2. What similarity can be seen between Coronel and Don Catarino?
3. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
4. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
5. What material were the cottages in the village made of?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)