|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material were the cottages in the village made of?
2. What does the Lopez family seem to think the priests are more preoccupied with than saving souls?
(a) Making money.
(b) Saving themselves.
(c) Being treated well.
(d) Moving up in the church.
3. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
(c) Lemon Leaves.
4. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
(a) A hidden cove on the coast line housing hidden boats.
(b) A secret path leading up to the mountains.
(c) A small tunnel that is in the side of the rocky hills.
(d) A hidden path through the forest.
5. What do Ernie and his mother bring to the mother of a dead boy?
(b) A book of prayers.
(c) A vase.
(d) All answers are right.
6. At what age is it customary for adults and neighbors to take part in the child's discipline in the village of Jalco?
7. What nation did General Porfirio Diaz fight in war, leading to his becoming president?
(b) United States.
8. What reassurance does Ernie's mother give him about the rooster.
(a) That he will not hurt the chickens.
(b) That he is a smart animal.
(c) That he will not hurt Ernie.
(d) That he is the bravest rooster in the area.
9. What type of book is the one printed book Dona Henriqueta owns?
(a) A novella.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A bible.
(d) A cookbook.
10. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
(a) A straw of hay.
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(c) A pepper.
(d) A cigarette.
11. When do the men in Jalco sing?
(a) Only when they are drunk.
(b) During the holidays or birthdays.
(c) In the evenings as they return from work.
(d) Only in church.
12. The use of what words in Part One, Section 4 can be seen as adding to the sense of division between men and women?
(a) Brave and scared.
(b) Small and large.
(c) Chicken and buzzard.
(d) Gallo and chicken.
13. How is the history of Jalco kept?
(a) Word of mouth.
14. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Carlo.
(b) Don Aparicio.
(c) Don Valasguez.
(d) Don Marco.
15. Besides drinking water, what does the stream deliver to the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are weddings and baptisms held?
2. What is Cleofas' age?
3. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
4. Who comments that buzzards are "chickens"?
5. How does Ernie respond when he sees the rooster trying to mate with a hen?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)