|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
2. What is a zopilote?
(a) A goat.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A hen.
(d) A buzzard.
3. What does Ernie call his Aunt Ester?
(c) Aunt Malo.
(d) Aunt Tel.
4. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
(a) A cigarette.
(b) A straw of hay.
(c) A pepper.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
5. What profession do Ernie and his cousins vow never to become in Part One, Section 7?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A farm worker.
(c) A priest.
(d) A teacher.
6. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
(a) Information about the lack of education and work in the city.
(b) Information about it's physical characteristics and history.
(c) Information about the financial situation.
(d) Information about the political state in the city.
7. What material were the cottages in the village made of?
8. What is aguardiente according to Ernie?
(a) Chili juice.
(d) A bath.
9. Why did the original settlers of Jalcocotbn choose that location to settle?
(a) Because it offered natural protection from intruders and the harsh wind and sun.
(b) Because it was close to the city of San Antonio.
(c) Because it was in a fertile valley.
(d) Because it was close to the Pacific Ocean.
10. What is the central theme of Cleofas' version of Jalco's history?
11. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
(a) As a scaredy cat.
(b) As lazy.
(c) As stupid.
(d) As brave.
12. Which of the following can offer the village people protection from the devil?
(a) The sign of the cross.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Our Lady of Talpa.
13. What trait does Ernie find more important about the rooster than his intelligence?
(a) His physical strength.
(b) His speed.
(c) His bravery.
(d) His feistiness.
14. Where are weddings and baptisms held?
(a) The Iglesia del Hijo.
(b) The temple of El Senor del Cielo.
(c) The shrine of Nuestra Sesora de Talpa.
(d) The chapel.
15. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
(a) La Cuidad de Suenos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Weeping Woman's presence foreshadow?
2. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
3. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
4. Where does Dosa Eduvijes sit when she is ready to tell her tales?
5. How did the residents of the village keep the street in front of their cottages clean?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)