|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In part one, section 4 what trait do we see associated with femininity?
2. What outdoor activity did the men of a Jalcocotbn participate in if the weather permitted?
3. What is a zopilote?
(a) A buzzard.
(b) A goat.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A hen.
4. What is Don Chencho's profession?
(a) He makes bedstands.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a beer maker.
(d) He is a doctor.
5. When is pinole used?
(b) Only during the week.
(d) Easter Sunday.
6. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The street.
(c) The plaza.
(d) The watering hole.
7. What reassurance does Ernie's mother give him about the rooster.
(a) That he is a smart animal.
(b) That he will not hurt the chickens.
(c) That he is the bravest rooster in the area.
(d) That he will not hurt Ernie.
8. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
(a) In a large kettle.
(b) WIth patience and love.
(c) Quickly so that they do not turn brown.
(d) On the comal.
9. What is Cleofas' age?
(a) It does not say.
10. What animal is shared by the entire village?
(a) The goat.
(b) The horse.
(c) The rooster.
(d) The cow.
11. What two items was Ernie's mother allowed to keep after the divorce?
(a) Her ring and her sewing machine.
(b) Her burro and her silver ring.
(c) Her car and her piano.
(d) Her locket and her son.
12. What nation did General Porfirio Diaz fight in war, leading to his becoming president?
(b) United States.
13. Which of the following can offer the village people protection from the devil?
(a) The sign of the cross.
(b) Our Lady of Talpa.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Holy water.
14. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
15. How does Ernie respond when he sees the rooster trying to mate with a hen?
(a) He thinks it is gross.
(b) He is alarmed.
(c) He does not think anything of it at all.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
2. What similarity can be seen between Coronel and Don Catarino?
3. What is the name of the stream that runs through Jalcocotbn?
4. What do Dosa Eduvijes' tales do for the children in the village?
5. What does the Lopez family seem to think the priests are more preoccupied with than saving souls?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)