|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five (to page 265),.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
(a) By nannying.
(b) By teaching at a neighborhood school.
(c) By washing other clothes.
(d) By sewing and mending.
2. Who are the only individuals Ernie and Henriqueta socialize with while they stay in Tucson?
(a) The old couple they are renting a room from.
(b) The mailman that comes by once a day.
(c) The family that lives across from them.
(d) The father of the local church.
3. What is tied between the horns of the steer skull when the boys play bullfights?
(a) A flower.
(b) A red ribbon.
(c) A cactus leaf.
(d) A piece of rope.
4. What is Kid Felix's profession?
(a) He is a boxer.
(b) He is an inventor.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He is an artist.
5. What do Dosa Eduvijes' tales do for the children in the village?
(a) Makes them more creative.
(b) Provides exposure to the concepts of good and evil.
(c) Scares them so that they do not go into the surrounding woods.
(d) Teaches them about mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal is the family pet while Ernie lives in Jalco?
2. When do the men in Jalco sing?
3. At what age do the boys in the village begin taking on manual labor?
4. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, sections 9 and 10?
5. What two things are the soldiers looking for when they come to Jalco?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)