|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Section 3 (to page 171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernie not allowed in the party for the poor children?
(a) Because he is not dirty and must not be poor.
(b) Because he has not combed his hair.
(c) Because he did not have an invitation.
(d) Because he is wearing shoes.
2. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
(a) La Cuidad de Suenos.
3. How does Ernie respond when he sees the rooster trying to mate with a hen?
(a) He is alarmed.
(b) He does not think anything of it at all.
(c) He thinks it is gross.
(d) He laughs.
4. Why does Coronel attack a buzzard?
(a) Because the buzzard was hurt.
(b) Because he is trying to claim new territory.
(c) Because the buzzard was trying to steal his food.
(d) Because the buzzard attacked a hen.
5. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
(a) Gain land.
(b) Learn to work as his father does.
(c) Leave his parents home and build his own.
(d) Be saved by the holy church.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is it customary for adults and neighbors to take part in the child's discipline in the village of Jalco?
2. What does the Lopez family seem to think the priests are more preoccupied with than saving souls?
3. What is tied between the horns of the steer skull when the boys play bullfights?
4. How much older than Ernie is Josy?
5. What example does Ernie give that shows there are safety concerns in Tepic?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)