|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Section 1 (to page 85).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cleofas' age?
(a) It does not say.
2. Where do Ernie and his family stay the first night of their travels to Tepic?
(a) A refugee camp.
(b) In a cave.
(c) A rancho.
(d) In a motel.
3. Who is the beheaded hero that the men in the village sometimes sing about?
(d) Don Juan Pedro.
4. What basic skills do the adults of Jalcocotbn value?
(a) Language and science.
(b) Arithmetic and language.
(c) Cooking and Arithmetic.
(d) Science and history.
5. Why does Coronel attack a buzzard?
(a) Because the buzzard was hurt.
(b) Because the buzzard attacked a hen.
(c) Because he is trying to claim new territory.
(d) Because the buzzard was trying to steal his food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has caused the creek near Jalco to overflow?
2. How do Catarino and Gustavo think Nerun got sick?
3. What is suggested after the author's stories circulate at a scholarly meeting?
4. How many rooms does Ernie's new home in Jalco have?
5. What animals does Catarino bring back home with him from work in Part Two, Section 1?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)