|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Section 1 (to page 85).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms does Ernie's new home in Jalco have?
2. Where does Henriqueta hide her money when the soldiers come into town?
(a) Outside under the corral.
(b) In a hole in the ground.
(c) In a loose floorboard.
(d) In a hole in the wall.
3. What has caused the creek near Jalco to overflow?
(a) Hurricane rains.
(b) A huge snow melt.
(d) A broken dam.
4. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
(a) Information about it's physical characteristics and history.
(b) Information about the political state in the city.
(c) Information about the financial situation.
(d) Information about the lack of education and work in the city.
5. When do the men in Jalco sing?
(a) In the evenings as they return from work.
(b) Only in church.
(c) During the holidays or birthdays.
(d) Only when they are drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What foods does Ernie learn to eat like a man?
2. Why does the priest expel Josy?
3. Through whose story does Ernie explain the traditional way a boy learns his fathers work?
4. What do the wooden crosses that Ernie sees on his journey to Tepic mean?
5. What type of fruit is cooked overnight in a hole in the ground?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)