|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 7 (to page 51).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
(a) Information about the financial situation.
(b) Information about the political state in the city.
(c) Information about the lack of education and work in the city.
(d) Information about it's physical characteristics and history.
2. What animal is shared by the entire village?
(a) The rooster.
(b) The cow.
(c) The goat.
(d) The horse.
3. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
(a) On the comal.
(b) WIth patience and love.
(c) In a large kettle.
(d) Quickly so that they do not turn brown.
4. Where are weddings and baptisms held?
(a) The shrine of Nuestra Sesora de Talpa.
(b) The chapel.
(c) The temple of El Senor del Cielo.
(d) The Iglesia del Hijo.
5. Besides drinking water, what does the stream deliver to the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
2. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
3. What do Jalco children learn by having others who are not their parents discipline them?
4. What does the Lopez family seem to think the priests are more preoccupied with than saving souls?
5. What instrument does Uncle Josy play?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)