|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 7 (to page 51).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
2. What is the name of the time when Indian tribes had their own system of authority?
(a) The time of old.
(b) The time of the Aztecs.
(c) Pre-columbian era.
(d) Before the conquest.
3. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
(a) A small tunnel that is in the side of the rocky hills.
(b) A secret path leading up to the mountains.
(c) A hidden cove on the coast line housing hidden boats.
(d) A hidden path through the forest.
4. What does the Lopez family seem to think the priests are more preoccupied with than saving souls?
(a) Being treated well.
(b) Making money.
(c) Saving themselves.
(d) Moving up in the church.
5. Which of the following items is not found in pinole?
(a) Lemon Leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book is the one printed book Dona Henriqueta owns?
2. What does the Weeping Woman's presence foreshadow?
3. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
4. What is the central theme of Cleofas' version of Jalco's history?
5. What do Jalco children learn by having others who are not their parents discipline them?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)