|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 6 (to page 45).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slang term for cowardly is used by Ernie's mother in Part One, Section 4?
(c) Scaredy cat.
2. According to the author in Section 1, what is the historical importance of the story?
(a) That it is important because it is the story of his life.
(b) That the story covers never before heard history.
(c) That the story talks specifically about human rights.
(d) That many other families also migrated to the United States.
3. Where does Dosa Eduvijes sit when she is ready to tell her tales?
(a) On a brick bench in the plaza.
(b) Right outside the doors of the town chapel.
(c) On the front step of her little hut.
(d) On the big rock at the bank of the pond.
4. Besides "rooster" what does the Spanish word gallo mean?
5. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The watering hole.
(c) The street.
(d) The plaza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stories does the narrator say he tells his family?
2. What does Cleofas consider as a basic human right?
3. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
4. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
5. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)