|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 4 (through page 32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
(a) The watering hole.
(b) The street.
(c) The chapel.
(d) The plaza.
2. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
3. What similarity can be seen between Coronel and Don Catarino?
(a) They are both loud.
(b) They are both the head of their "households."
(c) They are both very intelligent.
(d) They are both quick.
4. What is the name of the stream that runs through Jalcocotbn?
(a) It has no name.
(b) Pico Rio.
(d) The Rio Grande.
5. What type of animal is the family pet while Ernie lives in Jalco?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
2. According to the author in Section 1, what is the historical importance of the story?
3. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
4. What are the corrals in the back of the cottages built out of?
5. What is the hanging platform called that Ernie slept on as a child?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)