|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 4 (through page 32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Section 1, what is the historical importance of the story?
(a) That many other families also migrated to the United States.
(b) That the story talks specifically about human rights.
(c) That it is important because it is the story of his life.
(d) That the story covers never before heard history.
2. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
(a) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred fifty.
3. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
(a) That the story sheds light on the pysche of adolescents.
(b) The desire to communicate his confidence in his self-image as a Mexican immigrant.
(c) The fact that this story could help others overcome tramatic experiences.
(d) That the story communicates the equality of all humans.
4. What do the residents of Jalcocotbn do with their trash?
(a) They burn it every week in a large ditch.
(b) They throw it into the ocean.
(c) They bury it in a nearby cave.
(d) They throw it in a ditch alongside the street.
5. What kind of animal is Relbmpago?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ernie respond when he sees the rooster trying to mate with a hen?
2. What outdoor activity did the men of a Jalcocotbn participate in if the weather permitted?
3. Who is overheard saying that "nothing ever happens" in Jalcocotbn?
4. What trait does Ernie find more important about the rooster than his intelligence?
5. What is the only way that Jalcocotbn is reachable?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)