|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 3 (through page 27).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
(a) That the story sheds light on the pysche of adolescents.
(b) The desire to communicate his confidence in his self-image as a Mexican immigrant.
(c) The fact that this story could help others overcome tramatic experiences.
(d) That the story communicates the equality of all humans.
2. What does Ernie call his Aunt Ester?
(c) Aunt Tel.
(d) Aunt Malo.
3. Why did the original settlers of Jalcocotbn choose that location to settle?
(a) Because it was in a fertile valley.
(b) Because it was close to the Pacific Ocean.
(c) Because it offered natural protection from intruders and the harsh wind and sun.
(d) Because it was close to the city of San Antonio.
4. What type of language does Gustavo teach Ernie in section 2?
(a) An ancient Indian language.
(c) Pig latin.
5. Who is overheard saying that "nothing ever happens" in Jalcocotbn?
(a) Uncle Josy.
(b) Don Chano.
(c) Dosa Henriqueta.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are weddings and baptisms held?
2. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
3. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
4. What is the only way that Jalcocotbn is reachable?
5. Besides drinking water, what does the stream deliver to the village?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)