|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 3 (through page 27).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
(a) That the story sheds light on the pysche of adolescents.
(b) The fact that this story could help others overcome tramatic experiences.
(c) The desire to communicate his confidence in his self-image as a Mexican immigrant.
(d) That the story communicates the equality of all humans.
2. What type of animal is the family pet while Ernie lives in Jalco?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
3. Where was Dosa Henriqueta married?
(a) San Blas.
(b) Mexico City.
4. What two items was Ernie's mother allowed to keep after the divorce?
(a) Her burro and her silver ring.
(b) Her ring and her sewing machine.
(c) Her locket and her son.
(d) Her car and her piano.
5. What material were the cottages in the village made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the original settlers of Jalcocotbn choose that location to settle?
2. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
3. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
4. What is it that provides an escape route for Jalcocotbn should an attack occur?
5. According to the author in Section 1, what is the historical importance of the story?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)