|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 3 (through page 27).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is located about 40 kilometers away from Jalcocotbn?
(a) La Cuidad de Suenos.
2. What kind of stories does the narrator say he tells his family?
(a) Anecdotes about the village where he was born.
(b) The story of the freedom of Central America.
(c) Proverbs that he learned from his mother.
(d) Tales of Mexican mythology.
3. What outdoor activity did the men of a Jalcocotbn participate in if the weather permitted?
4. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
(a) Information about it's physical characteristics and history.
(b) Information about the lack of education and work in the city.
(c) Information about the political state in the city.
(d) Information about the financial situation.
5. What is suggested after the author's stories circulate at a scholarly meeting?
(a) That he make a movie.
(b) That he stop telling stories.
(c) That he speak at more scholarly meetings.
(d) That he write a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hanging platform called that Ernie slept on as a child?
2. What type of work does Don Catarino do?
3. How did the residents of the village keep the street in front of their cottages clean?
4. What is the name of the stream that runs through Jalcocotbn?
5. What is the importance of the city of Jalcocotbn to the author?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)