|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Section 3 (through page 27).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who originally settled this mountain village?
(a) Indian ancestors.
(b) Spanish conquistadors.
(c) Immigrants from Central America.
(d) American settlers in the West.
2. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
(a) The chapel.
(b) The plaza.
(c) The watering hole.
(d) The street.
3. What information about Jalcocotbn is shared at the beginning of the story?
(a) Information about the financial situation.
(b) Information about it's physical characteristics and history.
(c) Information about the political state in the city.
(d) Information about the lack of education and work in the city.
4. About how many cottages does Ernie estimate are in his village?
(c) Two hundred fifty.
(d) One hundred.
5. What two items was Ernie's mother allowed to keep after the divorce?
(a) Her car and her piano.
(b) Her ring and her sewing machine.
(c) Her locket and her son.
(d) Her burro and her silver ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is located at the edge of the pond in Jalcocotbn?
2. What is the name of the family rooster?
3. According to the author in Section 1, what is the psychological importance of the story?
4. What type of wildlife is the forest around Jalcocotbn heavily populated with?
5. What is the hanging platform called that Ernie slept on as a child?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)