|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three (to page 191),.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the only individuals Ernie and Henriqueta socialize with while they stay in Tucson?
(a) The family that lives across from them.
(b) The father of the local church.
(c) The old couple they are renting a room from.
(d) The mailman that comes by once a day.
2. Why does Ernie think that people are worried about safety in Tepic?
(a) Because of the visible presence of the military throughout the city.
(b) Because of the presense of drug lords.
(c) Because the city has a history of civil war.
(d) Because of all the gang related violence.
3. How do Catarino and Gustavo think Nerun got sick?
(a) By eating a sick animal.
(c) Heart worms.
(d) By being bitten by a rabid animal.
4. What does Cleofas consider as a basic human right?
(a) A person's right to have an education.
(b) The right to marry whoever you choose.
(c) A man's freedom to work for himself.
(d) Access to clean water.
5. What foods does Ernie learn to eat like a man?
(c) Atole and panocha .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ernie call his Aunt Ester?
2. What is it that Dosa Eduvijes put in her mouth as she tells her stories?
3. When are boys responsible for completing traditionally feminine chores?
4. Who gets access to organized education in Tepic?
5. Where do the children play bullfight?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)