|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three (to page 191),.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ernie receive his education, for the most part?
(a) From his elder cousin, through homeschool.
(b) By going to the local church and being taught by the Pastor.
(c) From watching the people around him.
(d) By travelling twice a week to Tepic.
2. According to the author in Section 1, what is the historical importance of the story?
(a) That many other families also migrated to the United States.
(b) That it is important because it is the story of his life.
(c) That the story covers never before heard history.
(d) That the story talks specifically about human rights.
3. What type of job does Josy hold in Tepic?
(a) He is a day laborer.
(b) He is a cart driver.
(c) He works in construction.
(d) He is a delivery boy.
4. What does Ernie notice about Juan-Chon when he sees him on the train to the U.S?
(a) That he is limping.
(b) That his braid is missing.
(c) That he is not wearing shoes.
(d) That his face is bruised.
5. What are supporters of Don Porfirio called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ernie's mother keep her knick-knacks and heirlooms?
2. What trait does Ernie find more important about the rooster than his intelligence?
3. What does Ernie play with the light bulbs in his Tucson hotel room?
4. What is the Plaza de Armas?
5. How does Ernie respond when he sees the rooster trying to mate with a hen?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)