|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Sections 9 and 10 (to page 71).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the stream that runs through Jalcocotbn?
(a) It has no name.
(b) The Rio Grande.
(d) Pico Rio.
2. What profession do Ernie and his cousins vow never to become in Part One, Section 7?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A priest.
(d) A farm worker.
3. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, sections 9 and 10?
(a) To avoid being forced into military service.
(b) Because they want an adventure.
(c) Because they are ready to move on to bigger things.
(d) To go to university.
4. How does Ernie learn to roast coffee beans?
(a) On the comal.
(b) In a large kettle.
(c) Quickly so that they do not turn brown.
(d) WIth patience and love.
5. How did the residents of the village keep the street in front of their cottages clean?
(a) Clearing it with a leaf blower.
(b) Sprinkling water on it.
(c) Blocking it with stones.
(d) Hiring a street cleaner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is aguardiente according to Ernie?
2. Who is the beheaded hero that the men in the village sometimes sing about?
3. What slang term for cowardly is used by Ernie's mother in Part One, Section 4?
4. Whose belonging have to be brought to the Lopez's home due to the flooding?
5. What trait does Ernie find more important about the rooster than his intelligence?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)