|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Sections 9 and 10 (to page 71).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the men in Jalco sing?
(a) In the evenings as they return from work.
(b) Only in church.
(c) Only when they are drunk.
(d) During the holidays or birthdays.
2. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Marco.
(b) Don Carlo.
(c) Don Aparicio.
(d) Don Valasguez.
3. Why do Josy and Gustavo leave Jalco in Part One, sections 9 and 10?
(a) Because they want an adventure.
(b) To avoid being forced into military service.
(c) To go to university.
(d) Because they are ready to move on to bigger things.
4. What reassurance does Ernie's mother give him about the rooster.
(a) That he is the bravest rooster in the area.
(b) That he is a smart animal.
(c) That he will not hurt the chickens.
(d) That he will not hurt Ernie.
5. Which of the following is not mentioned by the author as being a public place in his village?
(a) The street.
(b) The watering hole.
(c) The plaza.
(d) The chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Ernie find more important about the rooster than his intelligence?
2. Why does the priest expel Josy?
3. How did the residents of the village keep the street in front of their cottages clean?
4. How many school are there in the village of Jalcocotbn?
5. What profession do Ernie and his cousins vow never to become in Part One, Section 7?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)