|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Sections 9 and 10 (to page 71).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes ropes and crates in the village?
(a) Don Valasguez.
(b) Don Aparicio.
(c) Don Carlo.
(d) Don Marco.
2. When is pinole used?
(c) Only during the week.
(d) Easter Sunday.
3. At what age is it customary for adults and neighbors to take part in the child's discipline in the village of Jalco?
4. Which of the following can offer the village people protection from the devil?
(a) Holy water.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) The sign of the cross.
(d) Our Lady of Talpa.
5. What astronomical sight does Ernie mention seeing during his last year in Jalco?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) Sighting of Venus.
(c) A falling star.
(d) Halley's Comet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What slang term for cowardly is used by Ernie's mother in Part One, Section 4?
2. To what city does Gustavo go to find work?
3. How many school are there in the village of Jalcocotbn?
4. What type of book is the one printed book Dona Henriqueta owns?
5. What animal is shared by the entire village?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)