|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Section 3 (to page 171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a capataz?
(a) A farm supervisor.
(b) A sheriff.
(c) A small woolen hat.
(d) A dangerous animal.
2. How do many of the neighborhood residents view doctors in Mazatlan?
(a) They like doctors but simply cannot afford to go to them.
(b) They hate all doctors.
(c) They are supicious of them and try to remedy themselves.
(d) They do not know what doctors are.
3. Who shoots at Josy as he leaves his job building stone markers?
(a) A pro-Madero soldier.
(b) A pro-Porfirio soldier.
(c) A bola.
(d) The foreman of Josy's employer.
4. What similarity can be seen between Coronel and Don Catarino?
(a) They are both quick.
(b) They are both loud.
(c) They are both the head of their "households."
(d) They are both very intelligent.
5. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
(a) Be saved by the holy church.
(b) Leave his parents home and build his own.
(c) Gain land.
(d) Learn to work as his father does.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henriqueta give Ernie an emulsion called Wampole?
2. What sign tells Ernie and Henriqueta that Josy has had a successful day of work when he returns home?
3. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
4. How do Ernie and his cousins view the rooster?
5. What is the largest employer in the area when Ernie is living in Mazatlan?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)