|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Section 3 (to page 171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ernie not allowed in the party for the poor children?
(a) Because he is not dirty and must not be poor.
(b) Because he did not have an invitation.
(c) Because he is wearing shoes.
(d) Because he has not combed his hair.
2. Where do the children play bullfight?
(a) In the plaza.
(b) In the pasture.
(c) In the corrals.
(d) By the river.
3. Between what ages do young men in Jalco ask for a girl's hand in marriage?
(a) Between 12 to 16 years old.
(b) Between 21 and 26 years old.
(c) Between 16 to 18 years old.
(d) Between 18 to 21 years old.
4. What role do the younger boys play when the older boys allow them to play bullfights with them?
(a) The picadores.
(c) The matadores.
(d) The bull.
5. What are haciendas?
(b) Open fields.
(c) Commercial farms.
(d) Small communities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
2. Who comments that buzzards are "chickens"?
3. What sign tells Ernie and Henriqueta that Josy has had a successful day of work when he returns home?
4. What must a boy do before he can begin the courtship process?
5. The use of what words in Part One, Section 4 can be seen as adding to the sense of division between men and women?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)