|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Section 3 (to page 171).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children play bullfight?
(a) In the plaza.
(b) In the pasture.
(c) By the river.
(d) In the corrals.
2. What is a zopilote?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A goat.
(c) A hen.
(d) A buzzard.
3. Who comments that buzzards are "chickens"?
4. How do many of the neighborhood residents view doctors in Mazatlan?
(a) They hate all doctors.
(b) They are supicious of them and try to remedy themselves.
(c) They like doctors but simply cannot afford to go to them.
(d) They do not know what doctors are.
5. What type of food does the restaurant where Ernie works serve?
(b) Garbanzo chower.
(d) Pork stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ernie not allowed in the party for the poor children?
2. Besides "rooster" what does the Spanish word gallo mean?
3. What is a capataz?
4. Why does Henriqueta give Ernie an emulsion called Wampole?
5. How does Henriqueta contribute to the family income while in Mazatlan?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)