Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of activity and involvement.
(c) One of luxury and idleness.
(d) One of hard work and dedication.
2. In Chapter 32, who does the Bishop decide to give the wardenship to?
(a) A stranger.
(b) Dr. Harding.
(c) Mr. Slope.
(d) Mr. Quiverful.
3. For Mr. Arabin's first sermon, where do the Archdeacon and Eleanor have lunch with Mr. Arabin?
(a) The church.
(b) Mr. Slope's.
(c) The Archdeacon's.
(d) The Thornes'.
4. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The unquestioned master.
(b) The silent supporter.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The decider.
5. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
(a) Barchester's debt.
(b) Religious conversions.
(c) Foreign currency.
(d) A new cathedral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
2. After Mr. Arabin's first sermon, how do the people feel about him?
3. What makes the Archdeacon feel that Eleanor has disgraced herself?
4. How does Mr. Arabin feel about reform in the church?
5. Who does Mr. Slope visit in Chapter 8?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)