|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the debate over Sabbath schools in Chapter 5, what does the Archdeacon think of Mrs. Proudie's opinion?
(a) He thinks she is ignorant.
(b) He thinks she is misguided.
(c) He thinks she is correct.
(d) He thinks she shouldn't have one.
2. In Chapter 17, what does Mrs. Proudie tell Mr. Slope her role is?
(a) The decider.
(b) The unquestioned master.
(c) The power behind the throne.
(d) The silent supporter.
3. How many people live in the Thorne household?
4. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of hard work and dedication.
(c) One of activity and involvement.
(d) One of luxury and idleness.
5. What does the Archdeacon feel he represents?
(a) High church tradition.
(b) Liberal movements.
(c) The Parliament.
(d) The common man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is described as controlling what Dr. Proudie does?
2. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
3. What makes Mr. Slope's relationship with the signora complicated?
4. At the party in Chapter 11, what do Bertie and the Bishop discuss?
5. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)