|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the church leadership do after Mr. Slope's sermon?
(a) They find Mr. Slope a job in another town.
(b) They pay Mr. Slope to preach again.
(c) They have Mr. Slope write for them.
(d) They ban Mr. Slope from preaching.
2. Who gets the job of preaching at St. Ewolds?
(a) Mr. Arabin.
(b) Mr. Slope.
(c) The Archdeacon.
(d) The Bishop.
3. Dr. Stanhope and his wife lead what type of lifestyle?
(a) One of parties and wastefulness.
(b) One of luxury and idleness.
(c) One of activity and involvement.
(d) One of hard work and dedication.
4. Who does the Archdeacon want as warden of Hiram's Hospital?
(a) Mr. Slope.
(c) Dr. Harding.
(d) Mrs. Proudie.
5. In Chapter 4, how are Mr. Slope's religious beliefs described?
(b) New age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Slope a tutor?
2. How does Mrs. Proudie respond to Mr. Slope's sermon?
3. How does Eleanor Harding feel about Mr. Slope's proposed Sunday school?
4. What has Dr. Stanhope done while collecting his salary from the church?
5. Why does Mr. Slope feel he will have power in Barchester?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)