|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
2. Why does Bartholo tell "Alonzo" to speak loudly?
3. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
4. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
5. Why does the Count quickly change the plan, and tells the notary that the marriage between himself and Rosine scheduled for later that day is to be performed now?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Count sings to Rosine.
Part 1) Why does he sing to her?
Part 2) Is this typical of theatre at this time? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is singing included in this play? How have plays evolved over time, regarding the use of music?
Essay Topic 2
Bazile can easily be won over with money.
Part 1) Give three examples of this.
Part 2) How has he hurt and helped the Count?
Part 3) What commedia character does he represent? Would an audience have been satisfied by this character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Count and Figaro know one another.
Part 1) How do they know one another?
Part 2) Why does Figaro offer his services to the Count?
Part 3) Why might the playwright have chosen a lowly barber and a prominent Count to be friends and cohorts?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)