|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
2. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
3. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
4. What does Rosine show the Count?
5. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
Essay Topic 1
This play is an example of commedia dell'arte.
Part 1) What is commedia dell'arte?
Part 2) What aspects of this play prove it is a commedia?
Part 3) What forms of entertainment today could be considered commedia?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro describes "Lindor" to Rosine.
Part 1) How does Figaro describe him?
Part 2) Why does Figaro describe him this way?
Part 3) What does Figaro say about this man that intrigues Rosine?
Part 4) How does Rosine respond? Why does she respond this way?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)