|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count protest?
2. Rosine comes in, refusing to take any more music lessons from anybody. Why does she quickly change her mind?
3. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
4. How does Bartholo know there is a plot afoot?
5. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play is an example of commedia dell'arte.
Part 1) What is commedia dell'arte?
Part 2) What aspects of this play prove it is a commedia?
Part 3) What forms of entertainment today could be considered commedia?
Essay Topic 2
The Count and Figaro know one another.
Part 1) How do they know one another?
Part 2) Why does Figaro offer his services to the Count?
Part 3) Why might the playwright have chosen a lowly barber and a prominent Count to be friends and cohorts?
Essay Topic 3
Bazile can easily be won over with money.
Part 1) Give three examples of this.
Part 2) How has he hurt and helped the Count?
Part 3) What commedia character does he represent? Would an audience have been satisfied by this character? Why or why not?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)