|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
2. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
3. With whom does Bartholo appear?
4. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
5. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosine stands at her window holing a paper.
Part 1) What is on this paper? What does she do with this paper?
Part 2) What is significant about papers, letters, and notes in commedia?
Part 3) how are letters and other papers used to add excitement, confusion, and humor in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro is a barber.
Part 1) What else has Figaro been?
Part 2) Why does he become a barber?
Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work?
Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
Essay Topic 3
The Count sings to Rosine.
Part 1) Why does he sing to her?
Part 2) Is this typical of theatre at this time? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is singing included in this play? How have plays evolved over time, regarding the use of music?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)