|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
2. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
3. What makes the Count reveal his true identity?
4. What does the Count finally win through a bag of coins?
5. What does Figaro tell the Count to keep secret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Count and Figaro know one another.
Part 1) How do they know one another?
Part 2) Why does Figaro offer his services to the Count?
Part 3) Why might the playwright have chosen a lowly barber and a prominent Count to be friends and cohorts?
Essay Topic 2
The play takes place in Seville, Spain.
Part 1) Where do the scenes take place?
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright choosing this specific setting?
Part 3) Why is the setting in Spain, when the original language and playwright are French?
Essay Topic 3
The Count disguises himself as Lindor, a priest.
Part 1) Why does he disguise himself?
Part 2) Why would he choose to be disguised as a priest?
Part 3) How does his disguise add to the comedic aspect of this play?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)