|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
2. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
3. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
4. What does Rosine show the Count?
5. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
Essay Topic 1
Bazile can easily be won over with money.
Part 1) Give three examples of this.
Part 2) How has he hurt and helped the Count?
Part 3) What commedia character does he represent? Would an audience have been satisfied by this character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
Essay Topic 3
The phrase "futile precaution" is mentioned several times.
Part 1) What does it mean?
Part 2) When is it used?
Part 3) How does this phrase add to Figaro's cleverness and skill?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)