|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
2. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
3. In another aside, about what does the Count worry?
4. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
5. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
Essay Topic 1
The Count sings to Rosine.
Part 1) Why does he sing to her?
Part 2) Is this typical of theatre at this time? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is singing included in this play? How have plays evolved over time, regarding the use of music?
Essay Topic 2
Bazile can easily be won over with money.
Part 1) Give three examples of this.
Part 2) How has he hurt and helped the Count?
Part 3) What commedia character does he represent? Would an audience have been satisfied by this character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro is a barber.
Part 1) What else has Figaro been?
Part 2) Why does he become a barber?
Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work?
Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)