|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
2. What happens when Bartholo gets past Figaro?
3. Why are Figaro and the Count trapped in Rosine's room?
4. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
5. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
Essay Topic 2
The Count as "Alonzo" gives Rosine voice lessons.
Part 1) What is significant about the song he gives her to sing?
Part 2) How is this song used to add humor to the scene?
Part 3) How does this voice lesson reinforce aspects of commedia dell'arte?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine at midnight is thwarted.
Part 1) How so? Why does the playwright throw a wrench in the works?
Part 2) How is their plan changed? How does this plan draw in the viewer?
Part 3) Is this plan successful? How?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)