|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
2. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
3. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
4. When Bartholo asks to see the letter, about what is "Alonzo" concerned?
5. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine at midnight is thwarted.
Part 1) How so? Why does the playwright throw a wrench in the works?
Part 2) How is their plan changed? How does this plan draw in the viewer?
Part 3) Is this plan successful? How?
Essay Topic 2
The play takes place in Seville, Spain.
Part 1) Where do the scenes take place?
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright choosing this specific setting?
Part 3) Why is the setting in Spain, when the original language and playwright are French?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro is a barber.
Part 1) What else has Figaro been?
Part 2) Why does he become a barber?
Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work?
Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)