|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Bartholo and Bazile, carrying a lantern, appear?
2. In another aside, about what does the Count worry?
3. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
4. With whom does Bartholo appear?
5. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
Essay Topic 1
Figaro tells the Count "difficulties only add spice to the undertaking."
Part 1) What does he mean by this?
Part 2) How does Figaro feel about this undertaking?
Part 3) Why is he encouraging the Count?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro sarcastically remarks on Rosine's cleverness.
Part 1) What makes her clever?
Part 2) Why does Figaro make sarcastic remarks about Rosine?
Part 3) How might an audience respond to Figaro's various asides?
Essay Topic 3
Rosine is locked up by Bartholo.
Part 1) Why has he locked her up?
Part 2) Is this a frequently used aspect of theatre? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is Rosine saved? Does she have any control over her freedom? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)