|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
2. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
3. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
4. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
5. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro sarcastically remarks on Rosine's cleverness.
Part 1) What makes her clever?
Part 2) Why does Figaro make sarcastic remarks about Rosine?
Part 3) How might an audience respond to Figaro's various asides?
Essay Topic 2
The Count and Figaro know one another.
Part 1) How do they know one another?
Part 2) Why does Figaro offer his services to the Count?
Part 3) Why might the playwright have chosen a lowly barber and a prominent Count to be friends and cohorts?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro devises a plan to get himself and the Count into Rosine's home.
Part 1) What is this plan?
Part 2) Is his plan successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would you imagine that his plan and behavior are fairly standard for commedia dell'arte? Why or why not?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)