|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
2. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
3. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
4. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
5. What does the Count protest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro tells the Count "difficulties only add spice to the undertaking."
Part 1) What does he mean by this?
Part 2) How does Figaro feel about this undertaking?
Part 3) Why is he encouraging the Count?
Essay Topic 2
Rosine stands at her window holing a paper.
Part 1) What is on this paper? What does she do with this paper?
Part 2) What is significant about papers, letters, and notes in commedia?
Part 3) how are letters and other papers used to add excitement, confusion, and humor in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)