|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Figaro say he is in the company of the Count?
2. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
3. What does the Count confess?
4. In another aside, about what does the Count worry?
5. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro describes his shop to the Count.
Part 1) How does he describe it?
Part 2) His motto is "By skill and Dexterity." To what could this refer, besides his abilities as a barber?
Part 3) Why is Figaro so thorough in his explanation?
Essay Topic 2
The phrase "futile precaution" is mentioned several times.
Part 1) What does it mean?
Part 2) When is it used?
Part 3) How does this phrase add to Figaro's cleverness and skill?
Essay Topic 3
Bartholo seems to know everything that has been going on behind his back.
Part 1) How does he know all of this?
Part 2) What role does Bazile play in Bartholo's understanding?
Part 3) Why does the playwright allow him to know what is going on, yet be unable to stop it?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)