|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
2. Why is there a lot of whispering back and forth between the characters?
3. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
4. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
5. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
Essay Topic 1
The phrase "futile precaution" is mentioned several times.
Part 1) What does it mean?
Part 2) When is it used?
Part 3) How does this phrase add to Figaro's cleverness and skill?
Essay Topic 2
Rosine is alone at last and free to do as she pleases in Act 2, Part 1.
Part 1) How does she gain this freedom?
Part 2) What does she do with her freedom?
Part 3) How does this first moment of freedom begin the sequence of events that leads to her absolute freedom?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)