|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
2. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
3. For what does Bartholo apologize?
4. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
5. Rosine comes in, refusing to take any more music lessons from anybody. Why does she quickly change her mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bartholo seems to know everything that has been going on behind his back.
Part 1) How does he know all of this?
Part 2) What role does Bazile play in Bartholo's understanding?
Part 3) Why does the playwright allow him to know what is going on, yet be unable to stop it?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro tells the Count "difficulties only add spice to the undertaking."
Part 1) What does he mean by this?
Part 2) How does Figaro feel about this undertaking?
Part 3) Why is he encouraging the Count?
Essay Topic 3
The phrase "futile precaution" is mentioned several times.
Part 1) What does it mean?
Part 2) When is it used?
Part 3) How does this phrase add to Figaro's cleverness and skill?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)