|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
2. What does Figaro tell the Count to keep secret?
3. About what is Rosine worrying, when she comes out of her room?
4. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
5. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rosine stands at her window holing a paper.
Part 1) What is on this paper? What does she do with this paper?
Part 2) What is significant about papers, letters, and notes in commedia?
Part 3) how are letters and other papers used to add excitement, confusion, and humor in this play?
Essay Topic 2
The Count and Figaro know one another.
Part 1) How do they know one another?
Part 2) Why does Figaro offer his services to the Count?
Part 3) Why might the playwright have chosen a lowly barber and a prominent Count to be friends and cohorts?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)