|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Count quickly change the plan, and tells the notary that the marriage between himself and Rosine scheduled for later that day is to be performed now?
2. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
3. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
4. Why does the Count tell Bartholo that he is here to teach Rosine singing?
5. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in Seville, Spain.
Part 1) Where do the scenes take place?
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright choosing this specific setting?
Part 3) Why is the setting in Spain, when the original language and playwright are French?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro is a barber.
Part 1) What else has Figaro been?
Part 2) Why does he become a barber?
Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work?
Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine at midnight is thwarted.
Part 1) How so? Why does the playwright throw a wrench in the works?
Part 2) How is their plan changed? How does this plan draw in the viewer?
Part 3) Is this plan successful? How?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)