|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
2. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
3. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
4. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
5. What does the notary do when Bartholo asks to see the contract?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in Seville, Spain.
Part 1) Where do the scenes take place?
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright choosing this specific setting?
Part 3) Why is the setting in Spain, when the original language and playwright are French?
Essay Topic 2
Bazile can easily be won over with money.
Part 1) Give three examples of this.
Part 2) How has he hurt and helped the Count?
Part 3) What commedia character does he represent? Would an audience have been satisfied by this character? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine at midnight is thwarted.
Part 1) How so? Why does the playwright throw a wrench in the works?
Part 2) How is their plan changed? How does this plan draw in the viewer?
Part 3) Is this plan successful? How?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)