|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
2. What does Rosine show the Count?
3. How does Rosine say she felt about him but changed when she found out that he was plotting to betray her to "this horrible Almaviva?"
4. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
5. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro devises a plan to get himself and the Count into Rosine's home.
Part 1) What is this plan?
Part 2) Is his plan successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would you imagine that his plan and behavior are fairly standard for commedia dell'arte? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
Essay Topic 3
The phrase "futile precaution" is mentioned several times.
Part 1) What does it mean?
Part 2) When is it used?
Part 3) How does this phrase add to Figaro's cleverness and skill?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)