|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Figaro complain?
2. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
3. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
4. Rosine comes in, refusing to take any more music lessons from anybody. Why does she quickly change her mind?
5. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro tells the Count "difficulties only add spice to the undertaking."
Part 1) What does he mean by this?
Part 2) How does Figaro feel about this undertaking?
Part 3) Why is he encouraging the Count?
Essay Topic 2
The play takes place in Seville, Spain.
Part 1) Where do the scenes take place?
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright choosing this specific setting?
Part 3) Why is the setting in Spain, when the original language and playwright are French?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro describes his shop to the Count.
Part 1) How does he describe it?
Part 2) His motto is "By skill and Dexterity." To what could this refer, besides his abilities as a barber?
Part 3) Why is Figaro so thorough in his explanation?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)