|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
2. To whom does Figaro say he is in the company of the Count?
3. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
4. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
5. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro describes "Lindor" to Rosine.
Part 1) How does Figaro describe him?
Part 2) Why does Figaro describe him this way?
Part 3) What does Figaro say about this man that intrigues Rosine?
Part 4) How does Rosine respond? Why does she respond this way?
Essay Topic 2
The Count sings to Rosine.
Part 1) Why does he sing to her?
Part 2) Is this typical of theatre at this time? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is singing included in this play? How have plays evolved over time, regarding the use of music?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro is a barber.
Part 1) What else has Figaro been?
Part 2) Why does he become a barber?
Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work?
Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)