|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
2. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
3. What does the Count finally win through a bag of coins?
4. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
5. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro devises a plan to get himself and the Count into Rosine's home.
Part 1) What is this plan?
Part 2) Is his plan successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would you imagine that his plan and behavior are fairly standard for commedia dell'arte? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Rosine is alone at last and free to do as she pleases in Act 2, Part 1.
Part 1) How does she gain this freedom?
Part 2) What does she do with her freedom?
Part 3) How does this first moment of freedom begin the sequence of events that leads to her absolute freedom?
Essay Topic 3
The Count as "Alonzo" gives Rosine voice lessons.
Part 1) What is significant about the song he gives her to sing?
Part 2) How is this song used to add humor to the scene?
Part 3) How does this voice lesson reinforce aspects of commedia dell'arte?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)