|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
2. What does the Count confess?
3. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
4. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
5. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Count sings to Rosine.
Part 1) Why does he sing to her?
Part 2) Is this typical of theatre at this time? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is singing included in this play? How have plays evolved over time, regarding the use of music?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine at midnight is thwarted.
Part 1) How so? Why does the playwright throw a wrench in the works?
Part 2) How is their plan changed? How does this plan draw in the viewer?
Part 3) Is this plan successful? How?
Essay Topic 3
Bartholo seems to know everything that has been going on behind his back.
Part 1) How does he know all of this?
Part 2) What role does Bazile play in Bartholo's understanding?
Part 3) Why does the playwright allow him to know what is going on, yet be unable to stop it?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)