|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
2. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
3. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
4. What do Figaro, the Count and Rosine barely have time to discuss, when Bartholo returns, angry with himself for leaving Figaro alone with "Alonzo" and Rosine?
5. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro tells the Count "difficulties only add spice to the undertaking."
Part 1) What does he mean by this?
Part 2) How does Figaro feel about this undertaking?
Part 3) Why is he encouraging the Count?
Essay Topic 2
The Count disguises himself as Lindor, a priest.
Part 1) Why does he disguise himself?
Part 2) Why would he choose to be disguised as a priest?
Part 3) How does his disguise add to the comedic aspect of this play?
Essay Topic 3
This play is an example of commedia dell'arte.
Part 1) What is commedia dell'arte?
Part 2) What aspects of this play prove it is a commedia?
Part 3) What forms of entertainment today could be considered commedia?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)