|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
2. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
3. Why does the Count say that he has authority?
4. To whom does Figaro say he is in the company of the Count?
5. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro devises a plan to get himself and the Count into Rosine's home.
Part 1) What is this plan?
Part 2) Is his plan successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would you imagine that his plan and behavior are fairly standard for commedia dell'arte? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Count disguises himself as Lindor, a priest.
Part 1) Why does he disguise himself?
Part 2) Why would he choose to be disguised as a priest?
Part 3) How does his disguise add to the comedic aspect of this play?
Essay Topic 3
The Count and Figaro know one another.
Part 1) How do they know one another?
Part 2) Why does Figaro offer his services to the Count?
Part 3) Why might the playwright have chosen a lowly barber and a prominent Count to be friends and cohorts?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)