|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Figaro try to change the subject by asking when he is going to be able to do his job and shave Bartholo?
2. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
3. What does Figaro tell the Count to keep secret?
4. What do Figaro, the Count and Rosine barely have time to discuss, when Bartholo returns, angry with himself for leaving Figaro alone with "Alonzo" and Rosine?
5. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine at midnight is thwarted.
Part 1) How so? Why does the playwright throw a wrench in the works?
Part 2) How is their plan changed? How does this plan draw in the viewer?
Part 3) Is this plan successful? How?
Essay Topic 2
Rosine is locked up by Bartholo.
Part 1) Why has he locked her up?
Part 2) Is this a frequently used aspect of theatre? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is Rosine saved? Does she have any control over her freedom? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro describes his shop to the Count.
Part 1) How does he describe it?
Part 2) His motto is "By skill and Dexterity." To what could this refer, besides his abilities as a barber?
Part 3) Why is Figaro so thorough in his explanation?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)