|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Count tell Bartholo that he is here to teach Rosine singing?
2. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
3. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
4. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
5. Why does Bartholo panic and run for a chair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Figaro is a barber. Part 1) What else has Figaro been? Part 2) Why does he become a barber? Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work? Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
Essay Topic 2This play is an example of commedia dell'arte. Part 1) What is commedia dell'arte? Part 2) What aspects of this play prove it is a commedia? Part 3) What forms of entertainment today could be considered commedia?
Essay Topic 3Rosine is alone at last and free to do as she pleases in Act 2, Part 1. Part 1) How does she gain this freedom? Part 2) What does she do with her freedom? Part 3) How does this first moment of freedom begin the sequence of events that leads to her absolute freedom?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)