|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosine comes in, refusing to take any more music lessons from anybody. Why does she quickly change her mind?
2. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
3. What does the Count confess?
4. What does the Count try to do, as Figaro and Bartholo argue?
5. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play is an example of commedia dell'arte.
Part 1) What is commedia dell'arte?
Part 2) What aspects of this play prove it is a commedia?
Part 3) What forms of entertainment today could be considered commedia?
Essay Topic 2
The play takes place in Seville, Spain.
Part 1) Where do the scenes take place?
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright choosing this specific setting?
Part 3) Why is the setting in Spain, when the original language and playwright are French?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro is a barber.
Part 1) What else has Figaro been?
Part 2) Why does he become a barber?
Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work?
Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)