|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
2. What does Bartholo finally realize about "Alonzo?"
3. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
4. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
5. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Count and Figaro know one another.
Part 1) How do they know one another?
Part 2) Why does Figaro offer his services to the Count?
Part 3) Why might the playwright have chosen a lowly barber and a prominent Count to be friends and cohorts?
Essay Topic 2
The phrase "futile precaution" is mentioned several times.
Part 1) What does it mean?
Part 2) When is it used?
Part 3) How does this phrase add to Figaro's cleverness and skill?
Essay Topic 3
Rosine is locked up by Bartholo.
Part 1) Why has he locked her up?
Part 2) Is this a frequently used aspect of theatre? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is Rosine saved? Does she have any control over her freedom? Why or why not?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)