|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bartholo trying to understand about Rosine?
2. How do Bartholo and Bazile, carrying a lantern, appear?
3. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
4. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
5. When Bartholo asks to see the letter, about what is "Alonzo" concerned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Figaro is a barber.
Part 1) What else has Figaro been?
Part 2) Why does he become a barber?
Part 3) What role does his working as a barber play in this theatrical work?
Part 4) Why might the playwright have chosen this as his profession?
Essay Topic 2
This play is an example of commedia dell'arte.
Part 1) What is commedia dell'arte?
Part 2) What aspects of this play prove it is a commedia?
Part 3) What forms of entertainment today could be considered commedia?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro devises a plan to get himself and the Count into Rosine's home.
Part 1) What is this plan?
Part 2) Is his plan successful? Why or why not?
Part 3) Would you imagine that his plan and behavior are fairly standard for commedia dell'arte? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)