Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
2. For whom is Rosine's paper?
3. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
4. What interrupts Bartholo's complaining?
5. About what does Bartholo complain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as the Count comes in, disguised as a soldier and pretending to be drunk? What is he trying to do the Bartholo to distract him? Is he successful?
2. Why does Rosine change her mind and decide to take a music lesson? Does Rosine know of the Count's plan? How does she react when she sees him?
3. How does his choice to follow with the original plan lead to seeing Rosine? What is his fear about her voice lesson? To what might this voice lesson lead, in the next part of Act 3?
4. How does Figaro reassure the Count about his desire to marry Rosine? Why is Figaro so invested in the Count's interests?
5. How does the notary respond to the Count's new plan? Why does he seem so complacent?
6. How does Figaro respond when Bartholo calls him a knave? What is a knave?
7. How does the Count gain entrance into the home and to see Rosine? Who's plan might this have been? Why do you believe this?
8. What is Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine? Will this plan work?
9. What connection do Rosine and the Count make with the audience after she finishes singing? How do they feel? Why do they feel this way?
10. What does Rosine do when she believes that "Lindor" was deceiving her, expressing love on someone else's behalf? How does this heighten the suspense?
Essay Topic 1
Rosine stands at her window holing a paper.
Part 1) What is on this paper? What does she do with this paper?
Part 2) What is significant about papers, letters, and notes in commedia?
Part 3) how are letters and other papers used to add excitement, confusion, and humor in this play?
Essay Topic 2
The Count disguises himself as Lindor, a priest.
Part 1) Why does he disguise himself?
Part 2) Why would he choose to be disguised as a priest?
Part 3) How does his disguise add to the comedic aspect of this play?
Essay Topic 3
Figaro and the Count are frequently left surprised or in a panic.
Part 1) Why?
Part 2) What often surprises them or panics them?
Part 3) How does this change their plans?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)