|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rosine alone at last and free to do as she pleases?
2. What would Bazile's suggestion do to the Count?
3. On what does Rosine hope Bartholo chokes?
4. What interrupts Bartholo's complaining?
5. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strategy does Rosine use after she has switched the letters? How is her strategy even better than the Count's?
2. Where is Bartholo headed? What might be the significance of Bazile?
3. What remark does Figaro make when the Count romantically comments on Rosine's attractiveness? Why does he do this?
4. What do the various characters do to keep Bazile from telling Bartholo this is all a ruse? How is Bazile's support finally won? How does this satisfy the audience of a commedia?
5. What does Rosine do after the Count has sung and played the guitar for awhile? Why does she do this?
6. How does Rosine react to the news about the man's love? Why does she tell Figaro the man must remain calm? Do you believe he will be able to remain calm? Why or why not?
7. How does Rosine react to Bartholo's accusations? How might this hurt her chances of being with the Count?
8. What is Figaro and the Count's plan to free Rosine? Will this plan work?
9. How is Figaro's plan discovered? What will this mean for his plan?
10. Why does Bazile take money from the Count? How does his desire for money help the characters in this story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in Seville, Spain.
Part 1) Where do the scenes take place?
Part 2) Why might be the reason for the playwright choosing this specific setting?
Part 3) Why is the setting in Spain, when the original language and playwright are French?
Essay Topic 2
Figaro describes "Lindor" to Rosine.
Part 1) How does Figaro describe him?
Part 2) Why does Figaro describe him this way?
Part 3) What does Figaro say about this man that intrigues Rosine?
Part 4) How does Rosine respond? Why does she respond this way?
Essay Topic 3
The Count disguises himself as Lindor, a priest.
Part 1) Why does he disguise himself?
Part 2) Why would he choose to be disguised as a priest?
Part 3) How does his disguise add to the comedic aspect of this play?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)