|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
(a) Figaro does not know where they are.
(b) He does not trust Figaro, and his servants are out of commission.
(c) Figaro may get lost looking for one.
(d) He wants to wash his hands.
2. What do Figaro, the Count and Rosine barely have time to discuss, when Bartholo returns, angry with himself for leaving Figaro alone with "Alonzo" and Rosine?
(a) How they are going to do away with him.
(b) Where to hide.
(c) The need to have the keys to help Rosine escape.
(d) How much they dislike him.
3. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
(a) The notary will be out of town.
(b) The notary has a day job.
(c) The notary is engaged to perform the wedding of Figaro's niece earlier in the afternoon.
(d) The notary does not do weddings before dinner.
4. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
(a) He is immediately suspicious
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is excited to meet the new teacher.
5. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
(a) Marrying too young.
(b) Marrying a woman who is not in love with her husband.
(c) When he tries to control his wife.
(d) When he loves her more than she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Figaro complain?
2. Why is there a lot of whispering back and forth between the characters?
3. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
4. What does the Count protest?
5. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)