|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
(a) His eyes are closed.
(b) The Count is blocking his view.
(c) Figaro has his hands over his eyes.
(d) Figaro is standing so Bartholo cannot see their conversation.
2. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) The love letter she wrote.
(c) A note from Figaro.
(d) A love letter from himself.
3. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
(a) He also hopes Bazile is feeling better.
(b) He hopes Bazile will take his money.
(c) He told Bartholo about the arrangement for teaching Rosine.
(d) He enjoyed working with Rosine.
4. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
(a) He does not trust Figaro, and his servants are out of commission.
(b) He wants to wash his hands.
(c) Figaro may get lost looking for one.
(d) Figaro does not know where they are.
5. Why does Figaro try to change the subject by asking when he is going to be able to do his job and shave Bartholo?
(a) He wants to shave Bartholo and go home.
(b) He is nervous about having Bartholo in the room.
(c) Bazile is clearly confused about who "Alonzo" is.
(d) He feels the tension in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bartholo panic and run for a chair?
2. What does the Count protest?
3. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
4. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
5. What happens when Bartholo gets past Figaro?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)