|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Figaro tell the Count to keep secret?
(a) His purpose in being there.
(b) His love for Rosine.
(c) That he no longer loves Rosine.
(d) His identity.
2. How do Bartholo and Bazile, carrying a lantern, appear?
(a) On a bright, sunny day.
(b) In the middle of a storm raging in the dark,
(c) In the middle of a dark night.
(d) In a cave.
3. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) A note from Figaro.
(c) The love letter she wrote.
(d) A love letter from himself.
4. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To never marry.
(b) To become a nun.
(c) To marry the man who can free her from him.
(d) To run away.
5. What does the Count finally win through a bag of coins?
(a) Rosine's hand in marriage.
(b) His freedom.
(c) Bazile's support.
(d) The lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
2. Why does the Count insist that the marriage is an honorable one?
3. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
4. Why is there a lot of whispering back and forth between the characters?
5. Why does the Count say that he has authority?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)