|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
(a) The notary has two marriage contracts with him: one for the wedding of Bartholo and Rosine, the other for the wedding of Almaviva and Rosine.
(b) The notary does not trust him.
(c) Only a Count could marry on such short notice.
(d) To make the wedding official.
2. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
(a) It had never existed.
(b) Bazile got his hands on the letter and given it to "Alonzo" to give to Bartholo.
(c) It had been destroyed.
(d) Bazile had found it and destroyed it.
3. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is sent into despair.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is nervous.
4. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
(a) What is a knave.
(b) He is not a knave; he is a writer.
(c) No, my middle name is Dave, not knave.
(d) Yes, he is a knave.
5. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
(a) He has a short temper.
(b) He wants to marry Rosine right away.
(c) He sees the Count kissing Rosine's hand and Figaro embracing Bazile.
(d) He has allowed the Count near Rosine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Count quickly change the plan, and tells the notary that the marriage between himself and Rosine scheduled for later that day is to be performed now?
2. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
3. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
4. Why is there a lot of whispering back and forth between the characters?
5. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)