|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count tell Bartholo that he is here to teach Rosine singing?
(a) Bazile is ill.
(b) Bazile has moved.
(c) Bazile has quit.
(d) Bazile is not a good teacher.
2. For what does Figaro say he has come?
(a) To give his servants a shave.
(b) To save Rosine.
(c) To shave Bartholo as usual, nothing more.
(d) To sing and play his guitar for Bartholo.
3. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
(a) To make the wedding official.
(b) The notary does not trust him.
(c) The notary has two marriage contracts with him: one for the wedding of Bartholo and Rosine, the other for the wedding of Almaviva and Rosine.
(d) Only a Count could marry on such short notice.
4. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
(a) The notary has a day job.
(b) The notary does not do weddings before dinner.
(c) The notary will be out of town.
(d) The notary is engaged to perform the wedding of Figaro's niece earlier in the afternoon.
5. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He comes in and helps the Count to come in as well.
(c) He climbs in but leaves the Count outside the window.
(d) He calls to see where everyone is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
2. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
3. What does the Count try to do, as Figaro and Bartholo argue?
4. Why does the Count insist that the marriage is an honorable one?
5. What does the notary do when Bartholo asks to see the contract?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)