|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bartholo know there is a plot afoot?
(a) Figaro does not have a niece.
(b) The Count is peering in the window.
(c) Rosine is acting strange.
(d) The notary seems nervous.
2. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
(a) Rosine is under the legal age to marry.
(b) She is his charge.
(c) Rosine is already married.
(d) He loves Rosine.
3. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
(a) The Count tosses the confused Bazile a bag of money.
(b) He wants to see them both happy.
(c) He cares for the Count.
(d) He has grown to love Rosine.
4. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
(b) Leaving the door unlocked.
(c) Allowing the Count into his home.
(d) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
5. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
(a) The notary will be out of town.
(b) The notary does not do weddings before dinner.
(c) The notary has a day job.
(d) The notary is engaged to perform the wedding of Figaro's niece earlier in the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
2. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
3. With whom does Bartholo appear?
4. How does Rosine say she felt about him but changed when she found out that he was plotting to betray her to "this horrible Almaviva?"
5. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)