|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
(a) If she says she does not love him.
(b) As soon as she walks through the door.
(c) If she protests that her love is still true.
2. What do Figaro, the Count and Rosine barely have time to discuss, when Bartholo returns, angry with himself for leaving Figaro alone with "Alonzo" and Rosine?
(a) The need to have the keys to help Rosine escape.
(b) Where to hide.
(c) How much they dislike him.
(d) How they are going to do away with him.
3. What does the notary do when Bartholo asks to see the contract?
(a) He tells Bartholo the wedding was illegal.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He tells him everything is legal.
4. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
(a) "I must have written the wrong name down."
(b) "She must have finally decided which man she wanted to marry."
(c) "The brides are sisters and bear the same name."
(d) "There are many girls in town named Rosine."
5. What does the Count protest?
(a) He wants to leave.
(b) He does not know her.
(c) He adores her.
(d) He hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
2. Why does the Count say that he has authority?
3. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
4. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
5. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)