|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
(a) The Count is blocking his view.
(b) His eyes are closed.
(c) Figaro is standing so Bartholo cannot see their conversation.
(d) Figaro has his hands over his eyes.
2. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To never marry.
(b) To become a nun.
(c) To marry the man who can free her from him.
(d) To run away.
3. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
(a) The notary does not do weddings before dinner.
(b) The notary will be out of town.
(c) The notary is engaged to perform the wedding of Figaro's niece earlier in the afternoon.
(d) The notary has a day job.
4. What does Rosine show the Count?
(a) A song she had written.
(b) A letter she had written him.
(c) The letter Bartholo gave her.
(d) A note from Figaro.
5. What does the Count protest?
(a) He does not know her.
(b) He adores her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He wants to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
2. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
3. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
4. To whom does Figaro say he is in the company of the Count?
5. How does Bartholo know there is a plot afoot?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)