|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
(a) No, my middle name is Dave, not knave.
(b) Yes, he is a knave.
(c) What is a knave.
(d) He is not a knave; he is a writer.
2. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
(a) The love letter she wrote.
(b) A love letter from himself.
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) A note from Figaro.
3. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To marry the man who can free her from him.
(b) To become a nun.
(c) To run away.
(d) To never marry.
4. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
(a) He runs away with it.
(b) He gives it to him.
(c) He laughs.
(d) Bazile refuses to return it.
5. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is sent into despair.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
2. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
3. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
4. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
5. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)