|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Figaro sees her point, and suggests that Rosine do what?
(a) Send "Lindor" a note saying he needs to be calm and rational.
(b) Send "Lindor" a note saying he is sorry for being so rude to Bartholo.
(c) Send "Lindor" a note to be more kind to Bartholo.
(d) Send "Lindor" a note saying he needs to be more thoughtful next time he visits outside her window.
2. How does Bartholo enter?
(a) He storms in.
(b) He creeps in.
(c) He crawls in.
(d) He walks in.
3. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
(a) She is sure he is a wonderful man.
(b) She is sure he will soon make a good name for himself.
(c) He should go back to Madrid where he belongs.
(d) He was very handsome.
4. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
(a) Her name, that she is an orphan, and married to Bartholo.
(b) Her name, that she is a widow, and is married to Bartholo.
(c) Her name, that she is a widow, and is in mourning.
(d) Her name, that she is an orphan, and is unmarried.
5. About what does Bartholo complain?
(a) There is no-one downstairs to keep strangers from coming up or playing tricks.
(b) There was no one to make his dinner.
(c) There was no one to take his coat when he entered.
(d) There was no one to take care of his precious Rosine.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what can commedia be compared today?
2. What does Rosine hand to Figaro?
3. What has taught Figaro to be so positive.?
4. What would Bazile's suggestion do to the Count?
5. What happens when Bartholo leaves the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro? How does he know about the relationship between Rosine and the Count? Will she be able to escape from the prison this man has put her in?
2. What does Bartholo shout, as he storms into the room? Does Bartholo believe that Rosine dropped the song by accident, out of her window? How do you know this?
3. Why does Bazile take money from the Count? How does his desire for money help the characters in this story?
4. Why would the letter from Rosine ask the Count to sing?
5. After Figaro tells his story, how does this first part of Act 1 end? How might Figaro's attitude help the Count?
6. How is Rosine able to be alone and free? What might she be writing in her letter to "Lindor?"
7. What does Rosine do when she believes that "Lindor" was deceiving her, expressing love on someone else's behalf? How does this heighten the suspense?
8. What does Bazile decide to do? Why? How does this decision help the Count, Figaro, and Rosine?
9. Why does Rosine change her mind and decide to take a music lesson? Does Rosine know of the Count's plan? How does she react when she sees him?
10. What does the Count do when Bartholo sees him putting the letter back in his pocket? What tactic does he add this time? Is he successful?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)