|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Figaro remind the Count?
(a) The letter asked him to play her a song.
(b) The letter asked him to sing.
(c) The letter asked him to hear her sing.
(d) The letter asked him to write her a sonnet.
2. What does she tell Figaro to tell "Lindor?"
(a) She wants to marry him.
(b) All she wants is his love.
(c) All she wants is friendship.
(d) She never wants to see him again.
3. What does Rosine hand to Figaro?
(a) A violin.
(b) A new song she has written.
(c) His guitar.
(d) The note she has just written.
4. How does the Count meet Rosine?
(a) At a party help in Madrid.
(b) By chance on a street in Madrid.
(c) At his home.
(d) By chance at the store.
5. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
2. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
3. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
4. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
5. What is Figaro's job situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bartholo doing, as this scene opens? Why might she be refusing to take lessons from him?
2. What does Rosine do after the Count has sung and played the guitar for awhile? Why does she do this?
3. What does the Count want Figaro to call him? Why? What might be Figaro's thoughts on this?
4. How does Figaro respond when Bartholo calls him a knave? What is a knave?
5. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro? How does he know about the relationship between Rosine and the Count? Will she be able to escape from the prison this man has put her in?
6. How does the Count feel about his position? Why does he feel this way? Will the Count succeed in what he wishes for?
7. What does Rosine do when she believes that "Lindor" was deceiving her, expressing love on someone else's behalf? How does this heighten the suspense?
8. What happens as the Count comes in, disguised as a soldier and pretending to be drunk? What is he trying to do the Bartholo to distract him? Is he successful?
9. How does the Count reveal he is feeling uncertain about the plan? About what is he uncertain? Does he make a good choice? Why or why not?
10. How does Rosine act when she sees the Count? How does she react when he tells her the letter was from him? Why does he still not reveal his identity?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)