|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
(b) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(c) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(d) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
2. Where does this scene take place?
(a) In Bartholo's room.
(b) In the Count's home.
(c) In Figaro's shop.
(d) In Rosine's room in Bartholo's house.
3. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She calls for Bartholo.
(b) She closes her window.
(c) She sings along with him.
(d) She tells him to be quiet.
4. What does Rosine angrily ask, regarding her feelings about Bartholo?
(a) Why does she find him so attractive?
(b) Why he is so unkind to her?
(c) Why he is always accusing her?
(d) Why does she find him so unattractive?
5. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
(a) He will go into the house and drug the servants.
(b) He will go to his shop and wait for the Count.
(c) He will sit and watch.
(d) He will guide the Count on how to behave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
2. What does the Count knock out of Bartholo's hand?
3. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
4. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
5. What does the Count insist that Bartholo show him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Count reveal he is feeling uncertain about the plan? About what is he uncertain? Does he make a good choice? Why or why not?
2. How does Rosine react when she hears she is to be married? What does Figaro promise? Will he be able to keep his promise? Why or why not?
3. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro? How does he know about the relationship between Rosine and the Count? Will she be able to escape from the prison this man has put her in?
4. What does Bazile decide to do? Why? How does this decision help the Count, Figaro, and Rosine?
5. What does the Count know about Rosine? How does Figaro correct the Count about his knowledge of this woman? How does knowledge help the play progress?
6. How does Rosine learn that her lover is not who he says he is? How does she misconstrue the information? Why does the playwright include this misunderstanding?
7. How does the scene open? Why is the Count dressed in a disguise?
8. What is Figaro's plan? Why will the Count's disguise get him into the house?
9. How is Rosine able to be alone and free? What might she be writing in her letter to "Lindor?"
10. What does the Count want Figaro to call him? Why? What might be Figaro's thoughts on this?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)