|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count tell Bartholo that he is here to teach Rosine singing?
(a) Bazile is ill.
(b) Bazile has moved.
(c) Bazile has quit.
(d) Bazile is not a good teacher.
2. What do Figaro, the Count and Rosine barely have time to discuss, when Bartholo returns, angry with himself for leaving Figaro alone with "Alonzo" and Rosine?
(a) How they are going to do away with him.
(b) How much they dislike him.
(c) The need to have the keys to help Rosine escape.
(d) Where to hide.
3. About what does Figaro complain?
(a) The window ledge is slippery.
(b) The ladder was not sturdy.
(c) How they are both soaked because of the rain.
(d) No one is there.
4. For what does Figaro say he has come?
(a) To give his servants a shave.
(b) To shave Bartholo as usual, nothing more.
(c) To sing and play his guitar for Bartholo.
(d) To save Rosine.
5. How does Rosine say she felt about him but changed when she found out that he was plotting to betray her to "this horrible Almaviva?"
(a) She sort of liked him.
(b) She did love him.
(c) She was infatuated with him.
(d) She was obsessed with him.
6. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
(a) Rosine, his love, has authority.
(b) The Count is in his home, so Bartholo is the one who has authority.
(c) The police have authority.
(d) The Count has authority.
7. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
(a) Rosine is already married.
(b) She is his charge.
(c) He loves Rosine.
(d) Rosine is under the legal age to marry.
8. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
(a) He has grown to love Rosine.
(b) He wants to see them both happy.
(c) He cares for the Count.
(d) The Count tosses the confused Bazile a bag of money.
9. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
(a) When he loves her more than she loves him.
(b) Marrying too young.
(c) Marrying a woman who is not in love with her husband.
(d) When he tries to control his wife.
10. Why is there a lot of whispering back and forth between the characters?
(a) They all are trying to decide how to get rid of Bartholo.
(b) They do not know what to do with Bazile.
(c) They are trying to figure out how to escape.
(d) All trying for different reasons to convince Bazile to go along with the "Alonzo" story.
11. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
(a) The Count wrote her a love letter but Bartholo had destroyed it in a fit of rage.
(b) The Count never loved her and is not coming.
(c) The Count showed the letter to another woman, and then told Bartholo the whole story in the hopes of getting Rosine away from the Count.
(d) The Count loves her desperately and will be there around midnight.
12. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
(a) A note from Figaro.
(b) The love letter she wrote.
(c) A love letter from himself.
(d) A marriage proposal.
13. About what is Rosine worrying, when she comes out of her room?
(a) Bartholo has not come to say good night.
(b) She heard a strange noise.
(c) The storm has scared her.
(d) It is past midnight and her lover still has not come.
14. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
(b) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
(c) Leaving the door unlocked.
(d) Allowing the Count into his home.
15. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He calls to see where everyone is.
(c) He comes in and helps the Count to come in as well.
(d) He climbs in but leaves the Count outside the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
2. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
3. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
4. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
5. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)