Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
(a) The wedding has been cancelled.
(b) The arrangements have all been made for the wedding tomorrow.
(c) The notary is not available for the wedding.
(d) Bazile is not interested in arranging the wedding.
2. Why does the Count tell Bartholo that he is here to teach Rosine singing?
(a) Bazile is not a good teacher.
(b) Bazile has quit.
(c) Bazile has moved.
(d) Bazile is ill.
3. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) A note from Figaro.
(c) A love letter from himself.
(d) The love letter she wrote.
4. What does the Count try to do, as Figaro and Bartholo argue?
(b) Kiss Rosine.
(c) Take Rosine away.
(d) Speak with Rosine.
5. What does Rosine show the Count?
(a) A song she had written.
(b) A note from Figaro.
(c) The letter Bartholo gave her.
(d) A letter she had written him.
6. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
(a) The Count showed the letter to another woman, and then told Bartholo the whole story in the hopes of getting Rosine away from the Count.
(b) The Count never loved her and is not coming.
(c) The Count wrote her a love letter but Bartholo had destroyed it in a fit of rage.
(d) The Count loves her desperately and will be there around midnight.
7. Why does Bartholo panic and run for a chair?
(a) Rosine is throwing things at him.
(b) There is an earthquake.
(c) "Alonzo" is fighting him.
(d) Rosine lies and says she thinks she broke her ankle.
8. About what is Rosine worrying, when she comes out of her room?
(a) Bartholo has not come to say good night.
(b) The storm has scared her.
(c) It is past midnight and her lover still has not come.
(d) She heard a strange noise.
9. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is excited to meet the new teacher.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He is immediately suspicious
10. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
(a) To make the wedding official.
(b) The notary has two marriage contracts with him: one for the wedding of Bartholo and Rosine, the other for the wedding of Almaviva and Rosine.
(c) Only a Count could marry on such short notice.
(d) The notary does not trust him.
11. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
(a) It had been destroyed.
(b) Bazile had found it and destroyed it.
(c) Bazile got his hands on the letter and given it to "Alonzo" to give to Bartholo.
(d) It had never existed.
12. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
(a) The notary does not do weddings before dinner.
(b) The notary has a day job.
(c) The notary is engaged to perform the wedding of Figaro's niece earlier in the afternoon.
(d) The notary will be out of town.
13. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
(a) Get out of there.
(b) Find a new line of work.
(c) Have a drink.
(d) Teach Rosine.
14. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
(a) If she says she does not love him.
(c) As soon as she walks through the door.
(d) If she protests that her love is still true.
15. Who is Alonzo?
(a) Bartholo's nephew.
(b) Figaro's nephew.
(c) A student of Bazile, which is the Count's new disguise.
(d) Rosine's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
2. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
3. What does the Count protest?
4. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
5. What does the Count finally win through a bag of coins?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)