|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is excited to meet the new teacher.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is immediately suspicious
2. What does the Count protest?
(a) He adores her.
(b) He wants to leave.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He does not know her.
3. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
(a) Bazile refuses to return it.
(b) He gives it to him.
(c) He runs away with it.
(d) He laughs.
4. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
(a) The Count is in his home, so Bartholo is the one who has authority.
(b) The police have authority.
(c) The Count has authority.
(d) Rosine, his love, has authority.
5. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
(a) Shave Bartholo.
(b) Save Rosine.
(c) Break more china.
6. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
(a) The notary will be out of town.
(b) The notary does not do weddings before dinner.
(c) The notary is engaged to perform the wedding of Figaro's niece earlier in the afternoon.
(d) The notary has a day job.
7. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
(a) Rosine is under the legal age to marry.
(b) She is his charge.
(c) Rosine is already married.
(d) He loves Rosine.
8. What does Bartholo finally realize about "Alonzo?"
(a) He is not a very good music teacher.
(b) He is not who he pretends to be.
(c) He is better than Bazile.
(d) He is in love with Rosine.
9. In another aside, about what does the Count worry?
(a) If Rosine will recognize him.
(b) He does not have any music to give to Rosine.
(c) He will not be able to pass as a voice teacher.
(d) If Rosine refuses to come out for the lesson.
10. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
(a) Her being upset.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) Her huge smile.
(d) She has written him a love letter.
11. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
(a) He has grown to love Rosine.
(b) He wants to see them both happy.
(c) The Count tosses the confused Bazile a bag of money.
(d) He cares for the Count.
12. What does the Count confess?
(a) He does not sing.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He has already seen Figaro's note.
(d) He gave the letter to Bartholo but never had the chance to warn her.
13. Who is Alonzo?
(a) Rosine's cousin.
(b) A student of Bazile, which is the Count's new disguise.
(c) Bartholo's nephew.
(d) Figaro's nephew.
14. Why does the Count insist that the marriage is an honorable one?
(a) He has a title and is rich.
(b) She loves him.
(c) He got to her first.
(d) He loves her.
15. With whom does Bartholo appear?
(a) His mother.
(b) Two large servants.
(c) Two mean dogs.
(d) Two police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
2. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
3. What is Bartholo trying to understand about Rosine?
4. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
5. What do Figaro, the Count and Rosine barely have time to discuss, when Bartholo returns, angry with himself for leaving Figaro alone with "Alonzo" and Rosine?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)