|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
(a) Stay for a drink.
(b) Go back to bed.
(c) Go home.
(d) Teach Rosine.
2. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
(a) Bazile refuses to return it.
(b) He runs away with it.
(c) He gives it to him.
(d) He laughs.
3. What happens when Bartholo gets past Figaro?
(a) He hears the Count propose.
(b) He sees the Count kiss Rosine.
(c) He hears Rosine tell the Count about his disguise.
(d) He hears the Count speak of his disguise.
4. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
(a) The King of Spain.
(c) Count Almaviva.
5. How does Bartholo know there is a plot afoot?
(a) Rosine is acting strange.
(b) The notary seems nervous.
(c) The Count is peering in the window.
(d) Figaro does not have a niece.
6. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
(b) Leaving the door unlocked.
(c) Allowing the Count into his home.
(d) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
7. What does Bartholo finally realize about "Alonzo?"
(a) He is not who he pretends to be.
(b) He is not a very good music teacher.
(c) He is in love with Rosine.
(d) He is better than Bazile.
8. For what does Bartholo apologize?
(a) Sitting in on the lesson.
(b) Leaving them alone.
(c) Falling asleep.
(d) Not leaving them alone.
9. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To marry the man who can free her from him.
(b) To run away.
(c) To never marry.
(d) To become a nun.
10. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
(a) Rosine sings louder.
(b) Rosine stops singing and Bartholo wakes up.
(c) Rosine giggles.
(d) He makes a funny noise.
11. For what does Figaro say he has come?
(a) To give his servants a shave.
(b) To sing and play his guitar for Bartholo.
(c) To shave Bartholo as usual, nothing more.
(d) To save Rosine.
12. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is immediately suspicious
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is excited to meet the new teacher.
13. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
(a) The Count wrote her a love letter but Bartholo had destroyed it in a fit of rage.
(b) The Count never loved her and is not coming.
(c) The Count showed the letter to another woman, and then told Bartholo the whole story in the hopes of getting Rosine away from the Count.
(d) The Count loves her desperately and will be there around midnight.
14. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
(a) Figaro is standing so Bartholo cannot see their conversation.
(b) The Count is blocking his view.
(c) His eyes are closed.
(d) Figaro has his hands over his eyes.
15. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
(a) He couldn not put it down.
(b) When confusion arises, money always settles it.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) He loves money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
2. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
3. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
4. What is Bartholo trying to understand about Rosine?
5. What does the Count confess?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)