|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
(a) His "Lindor" costume.
(b) A clown costume.
(c) Another disguise.
(d) His normal clothes.
2. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
(a) He makes a funny noise.
(b) Rosine stops singing and Bartholo wakes up.
(c) Rosine sings louder.
(d) Rosine giggles.
3. Why does the Count quickly change the plan, and tells the notary that the marriage between himself and Rosine scheduled for later that day is to be performed now?
(a) He wants Rosine to be his.
(b) He cannot wait to marry Rosine.
(c) He does not want to lose Rosine to Bartholo.
(d) Bazile arrives with the notary.
4. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
(a) Rosine shouts for him to leave.
(b) A noise of breaking china from offstage.
(c) A scream.
(d) The Count chases after him.
5. Why does Bartholo tell "Alonzo" to speak loudly?
(a) He is deaf in one ear.
(b) Bartholo wants the entire house to hear him.
(c) There is a lot of noise in the house.
(d) "Alonzo" speaks so quietly.
6. How does Rosine say she felt about him but changed when she found out that he was plotting to betray her to "this horrible Almaviva?"
(a) She was obsessed with him.
(b) She was infatuated with him.
(c) She sort of liked him.
(d) She did love him.
7. About what does Figaro complain?
(a) The window ledge is slippery.
(b) The ladder was not sturdy.
(c) No one is there.
(d) How they are both soaked because of the rain.
8. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
(a) Teach Rosine.
(b) Go home.
(c) Stay for a drink.
(d) Go back to bed.
9. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
(a) Count Almaviva.
(b) The King of Spain.
10. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
(a) "I must have written the wrong name down."
(b) "The brides are sisters and bear the same name."
(c) "There are many girls in town named Rosine."
(d) "She must have finally decided which man she wanted to marry."
11. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To become a nun.
(b) To run away.
(c) To never marry.
(d) To marry the man who can free her from him.
12. What does the Count confess?
(a) He has already seen Figaro's note.
(b) He does not sing.
(c) He gave the letter to Bartholo but never had the chance to warn her.
(d) He no longer loves her.
13. Why does Bartholo panic and run for a chair?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) Rosine is throwing things at him.
(c) Rosine lies and says she thinks she broke her ankle.
(d) "Alonzo" is fighting him.
14. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
(a) He calls to see where everyone is.
(b) He comes in and helps the Count to come in as well.
(c) He climbs in but leaves the Count outside the window.
(d) He leaves.
15. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
(a) The police have authority.
(b) The Count has authority.
(c) The Count is in his home, so Bartholo is the one who has authority.
(d) Rosine, his love, has authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
2. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
3. She is surprised. What does she still not know?
4. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
5. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)