|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
(a) He runs away with it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) Bazile refuses to return it.
(d) He gives it to him.
2. How does Bartholo know there is a plot afoot?
(a) Figaro does not have a niece.
(b) The Count is peering in the window.
(c) Rosine is acting strange.
(d) The notary seems nervous.
3. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
(a) Count Almaviva.
(d) The King of Spain.
4. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
(a) He is not sure if Rosine really loves him.
(b) He cannot decide whether it would be a better idea to keep the letter to himself, or follow through on the original plan and hand it over.
(c) He cannot decide if he should keep his disguise on or take it off.
(d) He is not sure if he trusts Bartholo.
5. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
(a) Figaro is the man she has been in love with.
(b) "Lindor" no longer loves her.
(c) "Lindor" was in fact deceiving her, expressing love on someone else's behalf.
(d) Neither Bartholo or "Lindor" will marry her.
6. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
(a) At two o'clock.
(b) At four o'clock.
(c) At six o'clock.
(d) At eight o'clock.
7. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He no longer wants him to teach Rosine.
(c) He despises him.
(d) He hopes Bazile is feeling better.
8. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
(a) His "Lindor" costume.
(b) A clown costume.
(c) Another disguise.
(d) His normal clothes.
9. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
(a) He told Bartholo about the arrangement for teaching Rosine.
(b) He hopes Bazile will take his money.
(c) He also hopes Bazile is feeling better.
(d) He enjoyed working with Rosine.
10. Who does Bartholo say has authority?
(a) The Count has authority.
(b) The Count is in his home, so Bartholo is the one who has authority.
(c) The police have authority.
(d) Rosine, his love, has authority.
11. What does the Count confess?
(a) He gave the letter to Bartholo but never had the chance to warn her.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) He does not sing.
(d) He has already seen Figaro's note.
12. What does Bartholo finally realize about "Alonzo?"
(a) He is in love with Rosine.
(b) He is better than Bazile.
(c) He is not who he pretends to be.
(d) He is not a very good music teacher.
13. Why are Figaro and the Count trapped in Rosine's room?
(a) The window is boarded up.
(b) The entrances are all blocked.
(c) The door is locked.
(d) Someone has taken away the ladder they used to climb into the room.
14. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
(a) The Count showed the letter to another woman, and then told Bartholo the whole story in the hopes of getting Rosine away from the Count.
(b) The Count never loved her and is not coming.
(c) The Count wrote her a love letter but Bartholo had destroyed it in a fit of rage.
(d) The Count loves her desperately and will be there around midnight.
15. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
(a) His eyes are closed.
(b) Figaro is standing so Bartholo cannot see their conversation.
(c) The Count is blocking his view.
(d) Figaro has his hands over his eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
2. What does the notary do when Bartholo asks to see the contract?
3. Why does the Count say that he has authority?
4. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
5. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)