|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosine say she felt about him but changed when she found out that he was plotting to betray her to "this horrible Almaviva?"
(a) She was infatuated with him.
(b) She was obsessed with him.
(c) She did love him.
(d) She sort of liked him.
2. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
(a) Break more china.
(b) Shave Bartholo.
(c) Save Rosine.
3. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
(a) Bazile is not interested in arranging the wedding.
(b) The arrangements have all been made for the wedding tomorrow.
(c) The notary is not available for the wedding.
(d) The wedding has been cancelled.
4. What does the Count confess?
(a) He has already seen Figaro's note.
(b) He gave the letter to Bartholo but never had the chance to warn her.
(c) He no longer loves her.
(d) He does not sing.
5. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is sent into despair.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is nervous.
6. What does the Count try to do, as Figaro and Bartholo argue?
(a) Kiss Rosine.
(b) Speak with Rosine.
(d) Take Rosine away.
7. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
(b) Count Almaviva.
(c) The King of Spain.
8. She is surprised. What does she still not know?
(a) The Count and "Lindor," her lover, are the same man.
(b) That the Count is coming to save her.
(c) Figaro loves her.
(d) Bartholo loves her.
9. Why does Bartholo panic and run for a chair?
(a) Rosine is throwing things at him.
(b) "Alonzo" is fighting him.
(c) There is an earthquake.
(d) Rosine lies and says she thinks she broke her ankle.
10. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To marry the man who can free her from him.
(b) To never marry.
(c) To become a nun.
(d) To run away.
11. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
(a) He makes a funny noise.
(b) Rosine stops singing and Bartholo wakes up.
(c) Rosine sings louder.
(d) Rosine giggles.
12. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
(a) "Lindor" no longer loves her.
(b) Figaro is the man she has been in love with.
(c) "Lindor" was in fact deceiving her, expressing love on someone else's behalf.
(d) Neither Bartholo or "Lindor" will marry her.
13. Why are Figaro and the Count trapped in Rosine's room?
(a) The window is boarded up.
(b) The entrances are all blocked.
(c) The door is locked.
(d) Someone has taken away the ladder they used to climb into the room.
14. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
(a) Figaro has his hands over his eyes.
(b) His eyes are closed.
(c) The Count is blocking his view.
(d) Figaro is standing so Bartholo cannot see their conversation.
15. About what is Rosine worrying, when she comes out of her room?
(a) It is past midnight and her lover still has not come.
(b) Bartholo has not come to say good night.
(c) She heard a strange noise.
(d) The storm has scared her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Bartholo appear?
2. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
3. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
4. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
5. What makes the Count reveal his true identity?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)