|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Rosine worrying, when she comes out of her room?
(a) It is past midnight and her lover still has not come.
(b) The storm has scared her.
(c) Bartholo has not come to say good night.
(d) She heard a strange noise.
2. Why does Bartholo tell "Alonzo" to speak loudly?
(a) There is a lot of noise in the house.
(b) Bartholo wants the entire house to hear him.
(c) He is deaf in one ear.
(d) "Alonzo" speaks so quietly.
3. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
(a) He is not sure if he trusts Bartholo.
(b) He cannot decide whether it would be a better idea to keep the letter to himself, or follow through on the original plan and hand it over.
(c) He is not sure if Rosine really loves him.
(d) He cannot decide if he should keep his disguise on or take it off.
4. For what does Bartholo apologize?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Sitting in on the lesson.
(c) Not leaving them alone.
(d) Leaving them alone.
5. Why does the Count quickly change the plan, and tells the notary that the marriage between himself and Rosine scheduled for later that day is to be performed now?
(a) He wants Rosine to be his.
(b) He cannot wait to marry Rosine.
(c) Bazile arrives with the notary.
(d) He does not want to lose Rosine to Bartholo.
6. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He climbs in but leaves the Count outside the window.
(c) He calls to see where everyone is.
(d) He comes in and helps the Count to come in as well.
7. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
(a) The arrangements have all been made for the wedding tomorrow.
(b) Bazile is not interested in arranging the wedding.
(c) The wedding has been cancelled.
(d) The notary is not available for the wedding.
8. What does Figaro tell the Count to keep secret?
(a) That he no longer loves Rosine.
(b) His identity.
(c) His purpose in being there.
(d) His love for Rosine.
9. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
(a) Save Rosine.
(b) Shave Bartholo.
(c) Break more china.
10. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is sent into despair.
(d) She is surprised.
11. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
(a) It had been destroyed.
(b) It had never existed.
(c) Bazile got his hands on the letter and given it to "Alonzo" to give to Bartholo.
(d) Bazile had found it and destroyed it.
12. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
(a) If she protests that her love is still true.
(b) As soon as she walks through the door.
(d) If she says she does not love him.
13. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
(a) He gives it to him.
(b) He laughs.
(c) Bazile refuses to return it.
(d) He runs away with it.
14. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
(a) Marrying a woman who is not in love with her husband.
(b) Marrying too young.
(c) When he tries to control his wife.
(d) When he loves her more than she loves him.
15. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
(a) He has a short temper.
(b) He sees the Count kissing Rosine's hand and Figaro embracing Bazile.
(c) He has allowed the Count near Rosine.
(d) He wants to marry Rosine right away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count finally win through a bag of coins?
2. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
3. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
4. What is everybody joining in convincing Bazile to do?
5. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)