|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
(a) Rosine sings louder.
(b) Rosine giggles.
(c) He makes a funny noise.
(d) Rosine stops singing and Bartholo wakes up.
2. What does the Count protest?
(a) He adores her.
(b) He does not know her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He wants to leave.
3. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
(a) The King of Spain.
(d) Count Almaviva.
4. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
(a) He wants to wash his hands.
(b) Figaro may get lost looking for one.
(c) He does not trust Figaro, and his servants are out of commission.
(d) Figaro does not know where they are.
5. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Allowing the Count into his home.
(b) Leaving the door unlocked.
(c) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
(d) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
6. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
(a) Bazile is not interested in arranging the wedding.
(b) The notary is not available for the wedding.
(c) The wedding has been cancelled.
(d) The arrangements have all been made for the wedding tomorrow.
7. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
(a) He enjoyed working with Rosine.
(b) He told Bartholo about the arrangement for teaching Rosine.
(c) He also hopes Bazile is feeling better.
(d) He hopes Bazile will take his money.
8. What does the Count finally win through a bag of coins?
(a) Bazile's support.
(b) The lottery.
(c) Rosine's hand in marriage.
(d) His freedom.
9. With whom does Bartholo appear?
(a) Two police officers.
(b) Two mean dogs.
(c) Two large servants.
(d) His mother.
10. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
(a) A note from Figaro.
(b) A love letter from himself.
(c) The love letter she wrote.
(d) A marriage proposal.
11. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
(a) The notary does not trust him.
(b) The notary has two marriage contracts with him: one for the wedding of Bartholo and Rosine, the other for the wedding of Almaviva and Rosine.
(c) To make the wedding official.
(d) Only a Count could marry on such short notice.
12. Why does Bartholo lose his temper and grab the notary by the throat?
(a) He sees the Count kissing Rosine's hand and Figaro embracing Bazile.
(b) He has a short temper.
(c) He wants to marry Rosine right away.
(d) He has allowed the Count near Rosine.
13. What does the notary do when Bartholo asks to see the contract?
(a) He tells him everything is legal.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He tells Bartholo the wedding was illegal.
14. Bazile, completely confused, decides it probably is a good idea for him to do what?
(a) Have a drink.
(b) Find a new line of work.
(c) Get out of there.
(d) Teach Rosine.
15. Who is Alonzo?
(a) Rosine's cousin.
(b) Figaro's nephew.
(c) Bartholo's nephew.
(d) A student of Bazile, which is the Count's new disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
2. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
3. For what does Figaro say he has come?
4. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
5. Why does the Count say that he has authority?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)