|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
(a) She is still angry with him.
(b) She is angry with Bartholo.
(c) She does not know who he is.
(d) She no longer loves him.
2. What does the Count try to do, as Figaro and Bartholo argue?
(a) Kiss Rosine.
(c) Take Rosine away.
(d) Speak with Rosine.
3. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
(a) Figaro does not know where they are.
(b) He does not trust Figaro, and his servants are out of commission.
(c) Figaro may get lost looking for one.
(d) He wants to wash his hands.
4. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
(a) He is not sure if he trusts Bartholo.
(b) He cannot decide whether it would be a better idea to keep the letter to himself, or follow through on the original plan and hand it over.
(c) He is not sure if Rosine really loves him.
(d) He cannot decide if he should keep his disguise on or take it off.
5. Why does the Count say that he has authority?
(a) He is the Count.
(b) He is the preferred lover of Rosine.
(c) He has the most power.
(d) He has the most money.
6. Rosine's temper flares, and over Bartholo's protests, what does she promise?
(a) To marry the man who can free her from him.
(b) To become a nun.
(c) To never marry.
(d) To run away.
7. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
(a) She has written him a love letter.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) Her being upset.
(d) Her huge smile.
8. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
(a) Rosine sings louder.
(b) Rosine giggles.
(c) He makes a funny noise.
(d) Rosine stops singing and Bartholo wakes up.
9. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
(a) Bazile refuses to return it.
(b) He runs away with it.
(c) He gives it to him.
(d) He laughs.
10. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is sent into despair.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is nervous.
11. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
(a) Figaro is standing so Bartholo cannot see their conversation.
(b) The Count is blocking his view.
(c) His eyes are closed.
(d) Figaro has his hands over his eyes.
12. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
(a) Break more china.
(c) Save Rosine.
(d) Shave Bartholo.
13. How does the notary explain the apparent mix-up?
(a) "I must have written the wrong name down."
(b) "She must have finally decided which man she wanted to marry."
(c) "There are many girls in town named Rosine."
(d) "The brides are sisters and bear the same name."
14. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
(a) If she says she does not love him.
(c) If she protests that her love is still true.
(d) As soon as she walks through the door.
15. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
(a) Another disguise.
(b) His normal clothes.
(c) A clown costume.
(d) His "Lindor" costume.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
2. Why are Figaro and the Count trapped in Rosine's room?
3. What does Figaro tell the Count to keep secret?
4. Why does the Count insist that the marriage is an honorable one?
5. Why does the Count quickly change the plan, and tells the notary that the marriage between himself and Rosine scheduled for later that day is to be performed now?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)