|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count protest?
(a) He wants to leave.
(b) He hates her.
(c) He adores her.
(d) He does not know her.
2. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is nervous.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is sent into despair.
(d) She is surprised.
3. For what does Figaro say he has come?
(a) To sing and play his guitar for Bartholo.
(b) To shave Bartholo as usual, nothing more.
(c) To save Rosine.
(d) To give his servants a shave.
4. Why does Bartholo panic and run for a chair?
(a) There is an earthquake.
(b) Rosine lies and says she thinks she broke her ankle.
(c) Rosine is throwing things at him.
(d) "Alonzo" is fighting him.
5. Why does Bartholo say Rosine had no right to marry the Count without his consent?
(a) Rosine is under the legal age to marry.
(b) Rosine is already married.
(c) She is his charge.
(d) He loves Rosine.
6. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
(a) He calls to see where everyone is.
(b) He comes in and helps the Count to come in as well.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He climbs in but leaves the Count outside the window.
7. When Bartholo asks to see the letter, about what is "Alonzo" concerned?
(a) He does not have a letter.
(b) Being overheard.
(c) Rosine will come in.
(d) Bartholo did not hear him when he said the letter was destroyed.
8. How does Bartholo know there is a plot afoot?
(a) The notary seems nervous.
(b) The Count is peering in the window.
(c) Figaro does not have a niece.
(d) Rosine is acting strange.
9. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
(a) He loves money.
(b) When confusion arises, money always settles it.
(c) He needs the money.
(d) He couldn not put it down.
10. When does Figaro say is the moment to reveal who the Count truly is?
(a) If she says she does not love him.
(b) If she protests that her love is still true.
(c) As soon as she walks through the door.
11. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
(a) Neither Bartholo or "Lindor" will marry her.
(b) "Lindor" no longer loves her.
(c) Figaro is the man she has been in love with.
(d) "Lindor" was in fact deceiving her, expressing love on someone else's behalf.
12. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
(a) She tells him she loves him.
(b) She has written him a love letter.
(c) Her huge smile.
(d) Her being upset.
13. How do Bartholo and Bazile, carrying a lantern, appear?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In the middle of a storm raging in the dark,
(c) On a bright, sunny day.
(d) In the middle of a dark night.
14. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
(a) A scream.
(b) Rosine shouts for him to leave.
(c) A noise of breaking china from offstage.
(d) The Count chases after him.
15. What do Figaro, the Count and Rosine barely have time to discuss, when Bartholo returns, angry with himself for leaving Figaro alone with "Alonzo" and Rosine?
(a) How they are going to do away with him.
(b) The need to have the keys to help Rosine escape.
(c) Where to hide.
(d) How much they dislike him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
2. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
3. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
4. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
5. Why are Figaro and the Count trapped in Rosine's room?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)