|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Count reveal his true identity?
(a) Figaro tells him to tell her.
(b) The expression on her face.
(c) His conscience tells him to tell her.
(d) Figaro calls the Count "my Lord."
2. Why does the Count say that he has authority?
(a) He is the preferred lover of Rosine.
(b) He is the Count.
(c) He has the most power.
(d) He has the most money.
3. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
(a) He cannot decide if he should keep his disguise on or take it off.
(b) He is not sure if he trusts Bartholo.
(c) He is not sure if Rosine really loves him.
(d) He cannot decide whether it would be a better idea to keep the letter to himself, or follow through on the original plan and hand it over.
4. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
(a) His "Lindor" costume.
(b) A clown costume.
(c) Another disguise.
(d) His normal clothes.
5. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
(a) Rosine sings louder.
(b) Rosine giggles.
(c) Rosine stops singing and Bartholo wakes up.
(d) He makes a funny noise.
6. She is surprised. What does she still not know?
(a) The Count and "Lindor," her lover, are the same man.
(b) Figaro loves her.
(c) That the Count is coming to save her.
(d) Bartholo loves her.
7. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
(a) A scream.
(b) The Count chases after him.
(c) Rosine shouts for him to leave.
(d) A noise of breaking china from offstage.
8. Why does Bartholo panic and run for a chair?
(a) "Alonzo" is fighting him.
(b) Rosine is throwing things at him.
(c) There is an earthquake.
(d) Rosine lies and says she thinks she broke her ankle.
9. What does Figaro do when he opens the window and sees the room is empty?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He comes in and helps the Count to come in as well.
(c) He calls to see where everyone is.
(d) He climbs in but leaves the Count outside the window.
10. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is sent into despair.
(d) She is surprised.
11. With whom does Bartholo appear?
(a) Two large servants.
(b) Two police officers.
(c) Two mean dogs.
(d) His mother.
12. How does Rosine say she felt about him but changed when she found out that he was plotting to betray her to "this horrible Almaviva?"
(a) She was infatuated with him.
(b) She did love him.
(c) She sort of liked him.
(d) She was obsessed with him.
13. What does Rosine show the Count?
(a) A song she had written.
(b) A note from Figaro.
(c) The letter Bartholo gave her.
(d) A letter she had written him.
14. For what does Bartholo apologize?
(a) Not leaving them alone.
(b) Leaving them alone.
(c) Sitting in on the lesson.
(d) Falling asleep.
15. What is Bartholo trying to understand about Rosine?
(a) Why she has stopped singing.
(b) Why she no longer talks to him.
(c) Why she does not want to marry him.
(d) Why she has refused to have any more lessons from Bazile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bazile witness the Count and Rosine sign the contract?
2. Rosine comes in, refusing to take any more music lessons from anybody. Why does she quickly change her mind?
3. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
4. What does the notary do when Bartholo asks to see the contract?
5. What does the Count try to do, as Figaro and Bartholo argue?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)