|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bartholo calls Figaro a knave. What is Figaro's response?
(a) What is a knave.
(b) No, my middle name is Dave, not knave.
(c) Yes, he is a knave.
(d) He is not a knave; he is a writer.
2. In another aside, about what does the Count worry?
(a) He does not have any music to give to Rosine.
(b) If Rosine refuses to come out for the lesson.
(c) If Rosine will recognize him.
(d) He will not be able to pass as a voice teacher.
3. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
(a) At six o'clock.
(b) At eight o'clock.
(c) At two o'clock.
(d) At four o'clock.
4. What causes Bartholo to rush out of the room?
(a) A noise of breaking china from offstage.
(b) Rosine shouts for him to leave.
(c) The Count chases after him.
(d) A scream.
5. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Allowing the Count into his home.
(b) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
(c) Leaving the door unlocked.
(d) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
6. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is excited to meet the new teacher.
(c) He is immediately suspicious
(d) He is nervous.
7. What makes the Count reveal his true identity?
(a) Figaro tells him to tell her.
(b) The expression on her face.
(c) Figaro calls the Count "my Lord."
(d) His conscience tells him to tell her.
8. When Bartholo asks to see the letter, about what is "Alonzo" concerned?
(a) Rosine will come in.
(b) Bartholo did not hear him when he said the letter was destroyed.
(c) Being overheard.
(d) He does not have a letter.
9. How does Rosine respond when Bartholo decides to stay and hear the whole lesson?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is sent into despair.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is nervous.
10. Why does the Count insist that the marriage is an honorable one?
(a) She loves him.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He got to her first.
(d) He has a title and is rich.
11. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
(a) She is still angry with him.
(b) She is angry with Bartholo.
(c) She does not know who he is.
(d) She no longer loves him.
12. Why are Figaro and the Count trapped in Rosine's room?
(a) The window is boarded up.
(b) The entrances are all blocked.
(c) Someone has taken away the ladder they used to climb into the room.
(d) The door is locked.
13. What evidence does the Count have that she loves him?
(a) Her huge smile.
(b) She has written him a love letter.
(c) Her being upset.
(d) She tells him she loves him.
14. With whom does Bartholo appear?
(a) Two police officers.
(b) Two mean dogs.
(c) His mother.
(d) Two large servants.
15. How can Bartholo not see the Count whisper to Rosine?
(a) Figaro has his hands over his eyes.
(b) The Count is blocking his view.
(c) His eyes are closed.
(d) Figaro is standing so Bartholo cannot see their conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
2. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
3. Rosine comes in, refusing to take any more music lessons from anybody. Why does she quickly change her mind?
4. What does Figaro tell the Count to keep secret?
5. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)