|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
(a) He will sit and watch.
(b) He will go into the house and drug the servants.
(c) He will guide the Count on how to behave.
(d) He will go to his shop and wait for the Count.
2. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That she is a widow.
(b) That she is very young.
(c) That he and Rosine are married.
(d) That she is mentally unstable.
3. What is the Count resolved to do?
(a) Kill the music teacher.
(b) Tell her who he is.
(c) Keep his real identity a secret.
(d) Sing for Rosine.
4. What does Figaro promise to do?
(a) Save Rosine.
(b) Unlock the door.
(c) Beat up Bartholo.
(d) Throw Bazile out the window.
5. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
(a) To be both nervous and excited.
(b) To be both in love and calm.
(c) To be both happy and sad.
(d) To be both angry and agitated.
6. What does the Count say about Bartholo's skills as a doctor?
(a) How sick his patients become.
(b) He wonderful he is.
(c) How bad he is.
(d) How many patients he has.
7. How does the Count meet Rosine?
(a) By chance at the store.
(b) At a party help in Madrid.
(c) At his home.
(d) By chance on a street in Madrid.
8. Why can Figaro easily gain access to Bartholo's house?
(a) He is Bartholo's brother.
(b) He is Bartholo's cousin.
(c) He is Bartholo's servant.
(d) He is Bartholo's barber.
9. About what is the Count's song?
(a) Teasing Bartholo about his appearance.
(b) How much he hates Bartholo.
(c) His experiences in the military.
(d) His love for Rosine.
10. What interrupts Bartholo's complaining?
(a) The entrance of Figaro, to say hello.
(b) The entrance of Rosine.
(c) The entrance of Bazile, Rosine's music teacher.
(d) The entrance of the Count, to save Rosine.
11. What does Rosine hand to Figaro?
(a) A violin.
(b) The note she has just written.
(c) His guitar.
(d) A new song she has written.
12. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
13. For whom does Count Almaviva wait?
14. What does she tell Figaro to tell "Lindor?"
(a) She never wants to see him again.
(b) All she wants is his love.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) All she wants is friendship.
15. The Count grabs his gun and does what?
(a) Sets up a mock battle between himself and Bartholo.
(b) Shoots Bartholo.
(c) Runs out the door.
(d) Kills himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count comically struggle to do?
2. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
3. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
4. What does Bazile tell Bartholo to start?
5. Why is the Count unable to hand Rosine the real love letter?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)