|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Rosine hope Bartholo chokes?
(a) His own tongue.
(b) A chicken bone.
(c) His own bad temper.
(d) His dinner.
2. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
(a) In the park.
(b) In Rosine's room.
(c) The Count strolls under Rosine's window.
(d) Up in a tree by Rosine's window.
3. What does the Count do when Bartholo demands again to see the letter?
(a) The Count tears up the letter.
(b) The Count gives him a second letter.
(c) The Count says he cannot show him the letter.
(d) The Count gives him the letter.
4. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(b) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
(c) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(d) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
5. What does the Count comically struggle to do?
(a) Stand up straight.
(b) Pronounce Bartholo's name correctly.
(d) Talk to Rosine.
6. What does Figaro say is the man's only defect?
(a) He has a limp.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He is too kind.
(d) He is crippled.
7. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
(a) The Count's devotion.
(b) Bartholo's obsessive behavior.
(c) Bartholo's devotion.
(d) The Count's obsessive behavior.
8. Why does Bartholo send Rosine out?
(a) He no longer enjoys her company.
(b) He is tired of seeing her.
(c) He does not want her to fall in love with the soldier.
(d) It is dangerous for a woman to be alone with a drunken man.
9. Where does this scene take place?
(a) In Rosine's room in Bartholo's house.
(b) In Figaro's shop.
(c) In Bartholo's room.
(d) In the Count's home.
10. How is Bartholo going to keep "accidents" from happening?
(a) Bartholo is going to pad the walls.
(b) Bartholo is going to board up her window.
(c) Bartholo is going to have the Count and Figaro imprisoned.
(d) Bartholo is going to put Rosine in another room.
11. What does Bartholo say best friends will do?
(a) Take advantage.
(b) Take care of you.
(c) Love you.
(d) Be there forever.
12. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
13. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(b) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(c) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(d) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
14. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
(a) Court her and marry her.
(b) Get her psychological help.
(c) Beg her to divorce her husband.
(d) Leave and go home.
15. What does Bartholo say about putting trust in anyone?
(a) It takes courage.
(b) It is a good idea.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is a beautiful thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosine loses her temper, accusing Bartholo of what?
2. On what does Figaro comment?
3. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
4. What does Rosine hand to Figaro?
5. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)