|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count vow to do?
(a) Save Rosine.
(b) Give Rosine her freedom.
(c) Find Rosine a good husband.
(d) Marry Rosine.
2. What does the Count say about Bartholo's skills as a doctor?
(a) He wonderful he is.
(b) How many patients he has.
(c) How sick his patients become.
(d) How bad he is.
3. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is actually a letter.
(c) It is actually a poem.
(d) It is a note to Bartholo.
4. How does Bartholo enter?
(a) He crawls in.
(b) He storms in.
(c) He creeps in.
(d) He walks in.
5. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
(a) He darts out from his hiding place and grabs it.
(b) He listens to her sing it.
(c) He sings it to her.
(d) He tears it up.
6. What does Rosine suggest might lead to careless behavior?
(a) Being excited.
(b) Being unkind.
(c) Being rude.
(d) Being thoughtless.
7. For what will Figaro use his knowledge of drugs?
(a) To paralyze Bartholo.
(b) To put Bartholo to sleep.
(c) To kill Bartholo's servants.
(d) To put Bartholo's servants to sleep.
8. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(b) Both have dramatic events.
(c) Both have music.
(d) Both have tragic endings.
9. What does Rosine do in her free time?
(a) She plays the harp.
(b) She writes a love letter to "Lindor."
(c) She sings a love song.
(d) She applies more makeup.
10. What does Bartholo say about putting trust in anyone?
(a) It is a good idea.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It is a beautiful thing.
(d) It takes courage.
11. From what is Bartholo exempt?
(a) Speaking kindly to the military men.
(b) Supporting the military.
(c) Feeding the military.
(d) Joining the military.
12. What would Bazile's suggestion do to the Count?
(a) Send him to another country.
(b) Keep him from Rosine.
(c) Destroy his looks and Rosine's love for him.
(d) Destroy the Count more thoroughly than a beating.
13. What does the Count do when Bartholo demands again to see the letter?
(a) The Count tears up the letter.
(b) The Count says he cannot show him the letter.
(c) The Count gives him the letter.
(d) The Count gives him a second letter.
14. What does Bartholo say best friends will do?
(a) Be there forever.
(b) Take advantage.
(c) Take care of you.
(d) Love you.
15. What does she tell Figaro to tell "Lindor?"
(a) All she wants is friendship.
(b) She never wants to see him again.
(c) She wants to marry him.
(d) All she wants is his love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosine angrily ask, regarding her feelings about Bartholo?
2. On what does Figaro comment?
3. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
4. What is Figaro about to do, when the Count asks how to find him?
5. What does Bartholo see the Count putting back in his pocket?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)