|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(b) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
(c) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(d) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
2. The Count grabs his gun and does what?
(a) Shoots Bartholo.
(b) Sets up a mock battle between himself and Bartholo.
(c) Runs out the door.
(d) Kills himself.
3. Why is the Count unable to hand Rosine the real love letter?
(a) Bartholo has already stolen it.
(b) He never wrote one.
(c) Bartholo comes back too soon.
(d) He has lost it.
4. How does Figaro surprise Rosine?
(a) He sings to her.
(b) He climbs in her window.
(c) He calls her name.
(d) He suddenly comes in.
5. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That she is mentally unstable.
(b) That she is a widow.
(c) That he and Rosine are married.
(d) That she is very young.
6. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
(a) He will go into the house and drug the servants.
(b) He will guide the Count on how to behave.
(c) He will sit and watch.
(d) He will go to his shop and wait for the Count.
7. How is Bartholo going to keep "accidents" from happening?
(a) Bartholo is going to have the Count and Figaro imprisoned.
(b) Bartholo is going to pad the walls.
(c) Bartholo is going to board up her window.
(d) Bartholo is going to put Rosine in another room.
8. What does Bartholo see the Count putting back in his pocket?
(a) A song.
(b) His guitar pic.
(c) The letter.
(d) His wallet.
9. For what does the Count long?
(a) To show off his wealth and find a trophy wife.
(b) To be loved for who he is, rather than for his position or his money.
(c) To be wealthy and living in a beautiful home in the countryside.
(d) To see his mother and sisters again.
10. What does the letter tell Bartholo to do?
(a) Give "Lindor" a bed for a night.
(b) Send "Lindor" back to the military barracks.
(c) Kick "Lindor" out.
(d) Call the police.
11. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(b) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
(c) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(d) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
12. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
(a) She is sure he will soon make a good name for himself.
(b) She is sure he is a wonderful man.
(c) He should go back to Madrid where he belongs.
(d) He was very handsome.
13. What does Figaro promise to do?
(a) Beat up Bartholo.
(b) Throw Bazile out the window.
(c) Unlock the door.
(d) Save Rosine.
14. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
(a) Figaro was once in the Count's service.
(b) Figaro lived next door to him.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) Figaro was once his tutor.
15. What does the Count vow to do?
(a) Give Rosine her freedom.
(b) Marry Rosine.
(c) Save Rosine.
(d) Find Rosine a good husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this scene take place?
2. What does Bartholo threaten to have done to the Count?
3. What does Figaro offer the Count?
4. What would Bazile's suggestion do to the Count?
5. From what is Bartholo exempt?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)