|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count insist that the marriage is an honorable one?
(a) He got to her first.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He has a title and is rich.
(d) She loves him.
2. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That she is very young.
(b) That she is a widow.
(c) That he and Rosine are married.
(d) That she is mentally unstable.
3. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
(a) He sings it to her.
(b) He listens to her sing it.
(c) He tears it up.
(d) He darts out from his hiding place and grabs it.
4. About what does Figaro complain?
(a) The window ledge is slippery.
(b) How they are both soaked because of the rain.
(c) No one is there.
(d) The ladder was not sturdy.
5. Why does the Count quickly change the plan, and tells the notary that the marriage between himself and Rosine scheduled for later that day is to be performed now?
(a) He cannot wait to marry Rosine.
(b) He wants Rosine to be his.
(c) Bazile arrives with the notary.
(d) He does not want to lose Rosine to Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Rosine alone at last and free to do as she pleases?
2. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
3. What does the Count jump in and explain to Bazile?
4. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
5. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)