|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
(a) The Count loves her desperately and will be there around midnight.
(b) The Count wrote her a love letter but Bartholo had destroyed it in a fit of rage.
(c) The Count never loved her and is not coming.
(d) The Count showed the letter to another woman, and then told Bartholo the whole story in the hopes of getting Rosine away from the Count.
2. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
(b) The King of Spain.
(c) Count Almaviva.
3. Rosine loses her temper, accusing Bartholo of what?
(a) Being unkind to her.
(b) Keeping her in a dungeon.
(c) Leaving her all alone.
(d) Keeping her love from her.
4. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
(a) The self-absorbed, money-grasping old man.
(b) The stupid servant.
(c) The fighter.
(d) The lover.
5. Where does this story take place?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) Seville, Spain.
(c) London, England.
(d) Paris, France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens every time the Count kisses Rosine's hand?
2. How does the Count meet Rosine?
3. What makes the Count reveal his true identity?
4. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
5. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)