|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
(a) Count Almaviva.
(b) The King of Spain.
2. Why does Figaro try to change the subject by asking when he is going to be able to do his job and shave Bartholo?
(a) He is nervous about having Bartholo in the room.
(b) Bazile is clearly confused about who "Alonzo" is.
(c) He feels the tension in the air.
(d) He wants to shave Bartholo and go home.
3. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
(a) The Count hints that Figaro will rewarded, if he helps the Count marry Rosine.
(b) The Count writes a song for Figaro.
(c) The Count praises Figaro's abilities as a barber, musician, and writer.
(d) The Count had once helped Figaro when he needed it.
4. How does Bazile respond when Bartholo asks him why he accepted the cash?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) He loves money.
(c) When confusion arises, money always settles it.
(d) He couldn not put it down.
5. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
(a) It is actually a letter.
(b) It is a note to Bartholo.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is actually a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count do while telling Bartholo to do his duty to the military and put him up for the night?
2. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
3. How does Rosine describe Figaro?
4. For what does Figaro say he has come?
5. Why does Rosine speak very coldly and formally to the Count?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)