|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bartholo going to keep "accidents" from happening?
(a) Bartholo is going to put Rosine in another room.
(b) Bartholo is going to pad the walls.
(c) Bartholo is going to have the Count and Figaro imprisoned.
(d) Bartholo is going to board up her window.
2. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Leaving the door unlocked.
(b) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
(c) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
(d) Allowing the Count into his home.
3. The Count knocks and comes in wearing what?
(a) His "Lindor" costume.
(b) His normal clothes.
(c) Another disguise.
(d) A clown costume.
4. Why does the notary ask the Count to confirm that he is, in fact, Almaviva?
(a) The notary does not trust him.
(b) The notary has two marriage contracts with him: one for the wedding of Bartholo and Rosine, the other for the wedding of Almaviva and Rosine.
(c) To make the wedding official.
(d) Only a Count could marry on such short notice.
5. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have music.
(b) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(c) Both have tragic endings.
(d) Both have dramatic events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosine show the Count?
2. What does Figaro promise to do?
3. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
4. For whom is Rosine's paper?
5. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)