|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
(a) The self-absorbed, money-grasping old man.
(b) The fighter.
(c) The stupid servant.
(d) The lover.
2. What does Bazile do when Bartholo asks for the cash back?
(a) He runs away with it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) Bazile refuses to return it.
(d) He gives it to him.
3. What does Rosine hand to Figaro?
(a) The note she has just written.
(b) A violin.
(c) His guitar.
(d) A new song she has written.
4. How does Rosine react when Figaro tells her the truth about this man?
(a) She feels sorry for him and wants to help him in any way she can.
(b) She is flattered, excited, embarrassed and frightened all at the same time.
(c) She is suprised and nervous.
(d) She is saddened and shocked.
5. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
(a) Her name, that she is an orphan, and married to Bartholo.
(b) Her name, that she is a widow, and is married to Bartholo.
(c) Her name, that she is an orphan, and is unmarried.
(d) Her name, that she is a widow, and is in mourning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Bartholo's servants respond when he asks them why they did not tell him that Figaro had been in to see Rosine?
2. What does the Count comically struggle to do?
3. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
4. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
5. About what is the Count's song?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)