|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(b) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(c) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(d) They would expect him to be evil.
2. How does Figaro surprise Rosine?
(a) He calls her name.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He climbs in her window.
(d) He suddenly comes in.
3. What does the Count do while telling Bartholo to do his duty to the military and put him up for the night?
(a) He looks for Figaro.
(b) He sings.
(c) He shows Rosine the letter.
(d) He stumbles around.
4. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
(a) He was very handsome.
(b) He should go back to Madrid where he belongs.
(c) She is sure he is a wonderful man.
(d) She is sure he will soon make a good name for himself.
5. Who is Alonzo?
(a) A student of Bazile, which is the Count's new disguise.
(b) Rosine's cousin.
(c) Figaro's nephew.
(d) Bartholo's nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Figaro easily gain access to Bartholo's house?
2. What is "Alonzo's" second piece of news he passes on from Bazile?
3. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
4. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
5. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)