|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Bartholo's complaining?
(a) The entrance of Bazile, Rosine's music teacher.
(b) The entrance of the Count, to save Rosine.
(c) The entrance of Rosine.
(d) The entrance of Figaro, to say hello.
2. How is the Count disguised?
(a) As Bazile.
(b) As a soldier.
(c) As a priest.
(d) As Figaro.
3. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She closes her window.
(b) She tells him to be quiet.
(c) She calls for Bartholo.
(d) She sings along with him.
4. On what does Figaro comment?
(a) Bartholo's command over Rosine.
(b) Bartholo's severe behavior.
(c) Bartholo's love for Rosine.
(d) Bartholo's desire for information regarding "The Futile Precaution," suggesting that Bartholo's attempts to keep Rosine for himself are themselves futile precautions.
5. What is Figaro carrying with him, when he arrives?
(a) A violin.
(b) A guitar hung over his shoulder and a pencil and paper in his hand.
(c) A paint palet and brushes.
(d) A hat and a cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosine do in her free time?
2. What kept the audience's interest?
3. What does the Count vow to do?
4. About what does Bartholo complain?
5. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)