|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the Count long?
(a) To show off his wealth and find a trophy wife.
(b) To be loved for who he is, rather than for his position or his money.
(c) To see his mother and sisters again.
(d) To be wealthy and living in a beautiful home in the countryside.
2. What is Figaro carrying with him, when he arrives?
(a) A hat and a cane.
(b) A violin.
(c) A paint palet and brushes.
(d) A guitar hung over his shoulder and a pencil and paper in his hand.
3. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
(a) Bartholo loves the talk about war.
(b) Bartholo will be obliged to get drunk with him.
(c) Bartholo has a soft spot in his heart for soldiers.
(d) Bartholo will be obliged to invite him in.
4. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
(b) Leaving the door unlocked.
(c) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
(d) Allowing the Count into his home.
5. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
(a) He was very handsome.
(b) She is sure he is a wonderful man.
(c) He should go back to Madrid where he belongs.
(d) She is sure he will soon make a good name for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what will Figaro use his knowledge of drugs?
2. What does the Count comically struggle to do?
3. Why does the Count tell Bartholo that he is here to teach Rosine singing?
4. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
5. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)