|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
(a) He is peeping out of a nearby cupboard and overhearing.
(b) He is listening at the door.
(c) He is hiding under the bed.
(d) He is hanging outside the window.
2. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
(a) It had never existed.
(b) Bazile had found it and destroyed it.
(c) It had been destroyed.
(d) Bazile got his hands on the letter and given it to "Alonzo" to give to Bartholo.
3. How do Bartholo and Bazile, carrying a lantern, appear?
(a) In the middle of a dark night.
(b) On a bright, sunny day.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the middle of a storm raging in the dark,
4. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(b) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
(c) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(d) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
5. What does Rosine do in her free time?
(a) She applies more makeup.
(b) She writes a love letter to "Lindor."
(c) She sings a love song.
(d) She plays the harp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count insist that Bartholo show him?
2. Of what does Figaro remind the Count?
3. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
4. What does Bartholo challenge the Count to do?
5. How does Bartholo know there is a plot afoot?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)