|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count say about Bartholo's skills as a doctor?
(a) How many patients he has.
(b) He wonderful he is.
(c) How bad he is.
(d) How sick his patients become.
2. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
(a) He is peeping out of a nearby cupboard and overhearing.
(b) He is hanging outside the window.
(c) He is hiding under the bed.
(d) He is listening at the door.
3. What does "Alonzo" say happened to the letter that Rosine had written to the Count?
(a) It had been destroyed.
(b) It had never existed.
(c) Bazile got his hands on the letter and given it to "Alonzo" to give to Bartholo.
(d) Bazile had found it and destroyed it.
4. How does Bartholo enter?
(a) He creeps in.
(b) He crawls in.
(c) He walks in.
(d) He storms in.
5. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(b) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(c) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
(d) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bartholo say that confuses Bazile?
2. In another aside, about what does the Count worry?
3. Why does Figaro try to change the subject by asking when he is going to be able to do his job and shave Bartholo?
4. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
5. Why does Bartholo tell "Alonzo" to speak loudly?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)