|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
(a) He writes music and poetry.
(b) He acts as barber for anyone who needs him.
(c) He makes violins.
(d) He works as a clerk and a writer.
2. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(b) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(c) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
(d) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
3. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That she is a widow.
(b) That he and Rosine are married.
(c) That she is very young.
(d) That she is mentally unstable.
4. Why will Bazile and the notary not be there earlier?
(a) The notary will be out of town.
(b) The notary does not do weddings before dinner.
(c) The notary has a day job.
(d) The notary is engaged to perform the wedding of Figaro's niece earlier in the afternoon.
5. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
(a) Romeo! Romeo! Where for art thou, Romeo?
(b) The stars are beautiful.
(c) She enjoys the night air.
(d) She detests Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Figaro tease Rosine?
2. What does the Count do while telling Bartholo to do his duty to the military and put him up for the night?
3. What does Rosine hand to Figaro?
4. How is Bartholo going to keep "accidents" from happening?
5. What does Bartholo finally realize about "Alonzo?"
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)