|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bartholo tell "Alonzo" to speak loudly?
(a) There is a lot of noise in the house.
(b) Bartholo wants the entire house to hear him.
(c) He is deaf in one ear.
(d) "Alonzo" speaks so quietly.
2. Why are Bartholo's servants not very helpful?
(a) They are stupid.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) They were given the day off.
(d) They have been drugged by Figaro.
3. How does the Count meet Rosine?
(a) By chance on a street in Madrid.
(b) At a party help in Madrid.
(c) At his home.
(d) By chance at the store.
4. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
(a) A new song from her music teacher called "The Futile Precaution."
(b) A new song for her to sing to Bartholo.
(c) A new song for her to play on the harp.
(d) A new song for Bartholo to sing.
5. What does Bazile tell Bartholo to start?
(a) Notifying the national authorities.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) A nasty, slanderous rumor about the Count.
(d) Beating up the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does "Alonzo" say Bazile discovered was in town?
2. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
3. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
4. What does Rosine angrily ask, regarding her feelings about Bartholo?
5. How does Rosine describe Figaro?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)