|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rosine alone at last and free to do as she pleases?
(a) She has locked her door.
(b) Bartholo is running errands.
(c) The Count and Figaro have saved her.
(d) The servants are all either unwell or busy.
2. How does Bartholo react to "Alonzo's" arrival?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is immediately suspicious
(c) He is excited to meet the new teacher.
(d) He is nervous.
3. From what is Bartholo exempt?
(a) Feeding the military.
(b) Speaking kindly to the military men.
(c) Joining the military.
(d) Supporting the military.
4. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
(a) A new song from her music teacher called "The Futile Precaution."
(b) A new song for her to sing to Bartholo.
(c) A new song for her to play on the harp.
(d) A new song for Bartholo to sing.
5. What does the Count knock out of Bartholo's hand?
(a) His knife.
(b) His letter of exemption.
(c) His gun.
(d) His drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
2. About what does Bartholo complain?
3. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
4. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
5. To what can commedia be compared today?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)