|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartholo suggest is the best way to deal with the Count?
(a) Have him exiled.
(b) Spread nasty rumors about him.
(c) Wait for him and beat him up.
(d) Have him arrested.
2. For whom is Rosine's paper?
(c) The Count.
(d) Her cousin.
3. What does Bartholo say about putting trust in anyone?
(a) It is a good idea.
(b) It is dangerous.
(c) It takes courage.
(d) It is a beautiful thing.
4. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
(a) He works as a clerk and a writer.
(b) He makes violins.
(c) He acts as barber for anyone who needs him.
(d) He writes music and poetry.
5. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have music.
(b) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(c) Both have dramatic events.
(d) Both have tragic endings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
2. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
3. What does Figaro say is the man's only defect?
4. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
5. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)