|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
(b) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(c) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(d) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
2. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
(a) The Count's obsessive behavior.
(b) Bartholo's devotion.
(c) The Count's devotion.
(d) Bartholo's obsessive behavior.
3. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She drops it out the window.
(c) She gives it to Bartholo.
(d) She throws it in the fire.
4. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
(a) He works as a clerk and a writer.
(b) He writes music and poetry.
(c) He acts as barber for anyone who needs him.
(d) He makes violins.
5. What does Figaro offer the Count?
(a) A violin to play sweetly.
(b) A song to sing to his love.
(c) His services in any capacity.
(d) A poem for his maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Count "drunkenly" say is the only person in the house with whom he wants anything to do?
2. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
3. What does the Count insist that Bartholo show him?
4. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
5. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)