|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
(a) She pushes him out the window.
(b) She pushes him out the door.
(c) She yells, "fire!"
(d) She asks Bartholo to run downstairs to retrieve the song.
2. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(b) They would expect him to be evil.
(c) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(d) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
3. What happens when Bartholo leaves the room?
(a) The Count and Rosine are left alone to flirt with each other.
(b) The Count tells Rosine he will come for her at midnight.
(c) The Count saves Rosine.
(d) The Count leaves.
4. Who does the Count "drunkenly" say is the only person in the house with whom he wants anything to do?
(a) The maids.
5. The Count grabs his gun and does what?
(a) Shoots Bartholo.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Runs out the door.
(d) Sets up a mock battle between himself and Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
2. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
3. What does the Count knock out of Bartholo's hand?
4. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
5. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)