|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
(a) He is hiding under the bed.
(b) He is hanging outside the window.
(c) He is peeping out of a nearby cupboard and overhearing.
(d) He is listening at the door.
2. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
(a) She detests Bartholo.
(b) The stars are beautiful.
(c) Romeo! Romeo! Where for art thou, Romeo?
(d) She enjoys the night air.
3. What does Rosine say about the man that Figaro was with?
(a) He was very handsome.
(b) She is sure he will soon make a good name for himself.
(c) She is sure he is a wonderful man.
(d) He should go back to Madrid where he belongs.
4. What does Bartholo do after some more unhelpful questions and answers?
(a) He dismisses the servants and grumbles about how worthless Figaro is.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He yells at his servants and fires them.
(d) He leaves the servants, shocked.
5. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
(a) He darts out from his hiding place and grabs it.
(b) He sings it to her.
(c) He listens to her sing it.
(d) He tears it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
2. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
3. What does Rosine angrily ask, regarding her feelings about Bartholo?
4. Rosine wonders whether Bartholo thinks she would not be able to resist even the attractions of a servant like Figaro, which leads Bartholo to make what suggestion?
5. Who does Figaro say he was talking to on the street?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)