|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
(a) Since the Count got Figaro a job in the government.
(b) He heard Figaro had moved to Paris.
(c) He thought Figaro had died.
(d) Since the Count found Figaro a job as a writer.
2. The Count grabs his gun and does what?
(a) Shoots Bartholo.
(b) Sets up a mock battle between himself and Bartholo.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Runs out the door.
3. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
(a) He is Bartholo's brother.
(b) He is in love with Rosine.
(c) He is self-absorbed and greedy.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
4. What does Bartholo threaten to have done to the Count?
(a) Have him thrown out.
(b) Have him killed.
(c) Have him put in jail.
(d) Have him exiled.
5. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(b) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(c) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(d) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
2. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
3. What would Bazile's suggestion do to the Count?
4. Why does Bartholo send Rosine out?
5. For what does the Count long?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)