|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
(a) He looks odd.
(b) He looks unhappy.
(c) He looks familiar.
(d) He looks worried.
2. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
(a) Figaro lived next door to him.
(b) Figaro was once in the Count's service.
(c) Figaro was once his tutor.
(d) They went to school together.
3. How do Bartholo's servants respond when he asks them why they did not tell him that Figaro had been in to see Rosine?
(a) They do not trust Bartholo.
(b) Figaro had told them to keep it a secret.
(c) They did not think he meant that Figaro was not allowed in.
(d) They had forgotten Figaro had been there.
4. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
(a) He works as a clerk and a writer.
(b) He writes music and poetry.
(c) He makes violins.
(d) He acts as barber for anyone who needs him.
5. Rosine loses her temper, accusing Bartholo of what?
(a) Keeping her in a dungeon.
(b) Keeping her love from her.
(c) Leaving her all alone.
(d) Being unkind to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
2. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
3. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
4. What does the Count knock out of Bartholo's hand?
5. What does Rosine do when she hears Bartholo coming?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)