|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
(b) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(c) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
(d) He has always wanted to be a priest.
2. What does the count do as Figaro continues his story?
(a) Keeps an eye on Rosine's window.
(b) Writes a poem for Rosine.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a nap.
3. How do Bartholo's servants respond when he asks them why they did not tell him that Figaro had been in to see Rosine?
(a) Figaro had told them to keep it a secret.
(b) They did not think he meant that Figaro was not allowed in.
(c) They do not trust Bartholo.
(d) They had forgotten Figaro had been there.
4. On what does the Count romantically comment?
(a) Rosine's sweet voice.
(b) Rosine's attractiveness.
(c) Rosine's dark eyes.
(d) Rosine's beautiful dress.
5. What kept the audience's interest?
(a) Wondering about the details of both the greedy old man's character and the reactions of the others.
(b) Wondering what the character would look like.
(c) Wondering about the details of this young, handsome lover.
(d) Wondering if the actor would be very good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
2. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
3. What does Figaro suggest is impossible?
4. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
5. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)