|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Bartholo's servants not very helpful?
(a) They were given the day off.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) They have been drugged by Figaro.
(d) They do not like him.
2. What does she tell Figaro to tell "Lindor?"
(a) All she wants is his love.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She never wants to see him again.
(d) All she wants is friendship.
3. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
(a) She would prefer that he go back to Madrid.
(b) She would prefer it that he leave the property.
(c) She would prefer it if he would be calm when he tells her he loves her.
(d) She would prefer that the man would excitedly tell her how he feels.
4. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) They would expect him to be evil.
(b) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(c) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(d) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
5. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(b) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(c) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
(d) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
2. On what does the Count romantically comment?
3. For what will Figaro use his knowledge of drugs?
4. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
5. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)