|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Figaro comment?
(a) Bartholo's desire for information regarding "The Futile Precaution," suggesting that Bartholo's attempts to keep Rosine for himself are themselves futile precautions.
(b) Bartholo's severe behavior.
(c) Bartholo's command over Rosine.
(d) Bartholo's love for Rosine.
2. What interrupts Bartholo's complaining?
(a) The entrance of the Count, to save Rosine.
(b) The entrance of Rosine.
(c) The entrance of Figaro, to say hello.
(d) The entrance of Bazile, Rosine's music teacher.
3. Where does this scene take place?
(a) In Bartholo's room.
(b) In Figaro's shop.
(c) In the Count's home.
(d) In Rosine's room in Bartholo's house.
4. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(b) Both have tragic endings.
(c) Both have dramatic events.
(d) Both have music.
5. How does Rosine react when Figaro tells her the truth about this man?
(a) She is saddened and shocked.
(b) She is flattered, excited, embarrassed and frightened all at the same time.
(c) She is suprised and nervous.
(d) She feels sorry for him and wants to help him in any way she can.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Rosine's paper?
2. What would Bazile's suggestion do to the Count?
3. What is Figaro carrying with him, when he arrives?
4. On what does the Count romantically comment?
5. Figaro sees her point, and suggests that Rosine do what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)