|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(b) They would expect him to be evil.
(c) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(d) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
2. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
(a) Figaro was once in the Count's service.
(b) Figaro lived next door to him.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) Figaro was once his tutor.
3. On what does the Count romantically comment?
(a) Rosine's dark eyes.
(b) Rosine's sweet voice.
(c) Rosine's beautiful dress.
(d) Rosine's attractiveness.
4. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
(a) He is in love with Rosine.
(b) He is kind and gentle.
(c) He is self-absorbed and greedy.
(d) He is Bartholo's brother.
5. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That she is very young.
(b) That she is mentally unstable.
(c) That she is a widow.
(d) That he and Rosine are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
2. What has taught Figaro to be so positive.?
3. Where does this story take place?
4. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
5. To what can commedia be compared today?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)