|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bartholo suggest is the best way to deal with the Count?
(a) Spread nasty rumors about him.
(b) Have him exiled.
(c) Have him arrested.
(d) Wait for him and beat him up.
2. Why are Bartholo's servants not very helpful?
(a) They were given the day off.
(b) They do not like him.
(c) They are stupid.
(d) They have been drugged by Figaro.
3. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
(a) He is hanging outside the window.
(b) He is hiding under the bed.
(c) He is peeping out of a nearby cupboard and overhearing.
(d) He is listening at the door.
4. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have tragic endings.
(b) Both have music.
(c) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(d) Both have dramatic events.
5. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(b) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(c) They would expect him to be evil.
(d) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Rosine prefer the man to do?
2. What does Bartholo say best friends will do?
3. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
4. What would Bazile's suggestion do to the Count?
5. What does Rosine do with the song?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)