|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Bartholo complain?
(a) There was no one to make his dinner.
(b) There was no one to take his coat when he entered.
(c) There was no one to take care of his precious Rosine.
(d) There is no-one downstairs to keep strangers from coming up or playing tricks.
2. How is Bartholo going to keep "accidents" from happening?
(a) Bartholo is going to board up her window.
(b) Bartholo is going to pad the walls.
(c) Bartholo is going to put Rosine in another room.
(d) Bartholo is going to have the Count and Figaro imprisoned.
3. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have tragic endings.
(b) Both have dramatic events.
(c) Both have music.
(d) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
4. What does Rosine hand to Figaro?
(a) The note she has just written.
(b) A new song she has written.
(c) A violin.
(d) His guitar.
5. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
(b) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(c) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
(d) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
2. What does Figaro offer the Count?
3. What does Figaro promise to do?
4. What does Bartholo say best friends will do?
5. Why are Bartholo's servants not very helpful?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)