|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(b) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
(c) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
(d) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
2. What is Figaro about to do, when the Count asks how to find him?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Climb a tree.
(c) Go to the house.
(d) Run off.
3. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(b) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(c) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(d) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
4. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She throws it in the fire.
(b) She gives it to Bartholo.
(c) She drops it out the window.
(d) She tears it up.
5. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
(a) He is listening at the door.
(b) He is hanging outside the window.
(c) He is hiding under the bed.
(d) He is peeping out of a nearby cupboard and overhearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bazile tell Bartholo to start?
2. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
3. What does Bartholo say about putting trust in anyone?
4. What does Figaro say is the man's only defect?
5. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)