|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
(a) She pushes him out the window.
(b) She asks Bartholo to run downstairs to retrieve the song.
(c) She pushes him out the door.
(d) She yells, "fire!"
2. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
(a) It is actually a poem.
(b) It is actually a letter.
(c) It is a note to Bartholo.
(d) It is beautiful.
3. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
(a) The Count has a beautiful voice, so any song will do.
(b) Anything is better than nothing.
(c) Love will make it sound sweet no matter what.
(d) Whatever he plays and sings will distract Bartholo.
4. On what does Figaro comment?
(a) Bartholo's desire for information regarding "The Futile Precaution," suggesting that Bartholo's attempts to keep Rosine for himself are themselves futile precautions.
(b) Bartholo's severe behavior.
(c) Bartholo's love for Rosine.
(d) Bartholo's command over Rosine.
5. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
(a) He is Bartholo's brother.
(b) He is kind and gentle.
(c) He is in love with Rosine.
(d) He is self-absorbed and greedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
2. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
3. What does the count do as Figaro continues his story?
4. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
5. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)