|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Count Almaviva wait?
2. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(b) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(c) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(d) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
3. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
(a) Bartholo will be obliged to get drunk with him.
(b) Bartholo will be obliged to invite him in.
(c) Bartholo has a soft spot in his heart for soldiers.
(d) Bartholo loves the talk about war.
4. For whom is Rosine's paper?
(a) Her cousin.
(c) The Count.
5. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She closes her window.
(b) She sings along with him.
(c) She tells him to be quiet.
(d) She calls for Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this story take place?
2. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
3. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
4. What is Figaro carrying with him, when he arrives?
5. Why can Figaro easily gain access to Bartholo's house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)