|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
2. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
(a) He is Bartholo's brother.
(b) He is in love with Rosine.
(c) He is self-absorbed and greedy.
(d) He is kind and gentle.
3. What is Figaro about to do, when the Count asks how to find him?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go to the house.
(c) Climb a tree.
(d) Run off.
4. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She closes her window.
(b) She tells him to be quiet.
(c) She sings along with him.
(d) She calls for Bartholo.
5. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(b) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
(c) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(d) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the Count long?
2. For what will Figaro use his knowledge of drugs?
3. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
4. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
5. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)