|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Count Almaviva wait?
2. What does the count do as Figaro continues his story?
(a) Writes a poem for Rosine.
(b) Keeps an eye on Rosine's window.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a nap.
3. What is Figaro about to do, when the Count asks how to find him?
(a) Go to the house.
(b) Run off.
(c) Climb a tree.
(d) Take a nap.
4. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She throws it in the fire.
(b) She drops it out the window.
(c) She tears it up.
(d) She gives it to Bartholo.
5. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(b) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(c) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(d) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
2. What kept the audience's interest?
3. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
4. To what can commedia be compared today?
5. What does Figaro reassure the Count?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)