|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
(a) In the park.
(b) In Rosine's room.
(c) The Count strolls under Rosine's window.
(d) Up in a tree by Rosine's window.
2. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(b) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(c) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(d) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
3. What is the Count resolved to do?
(a) Tell her who he is.
(b) Sing for Rosine.
(c) Kill the music teacher.
(d) Keep his real identity a secret.
4. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
(a) Both have central characters that generally behave the same way no matter the specifics of the story in which they are involved.
(b) Both have tragic endings.
(c) Both have dramatic events.
(d) Both have music.
5. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(b) They would expect him to be evil.
(c) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(d) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this story take place?
2. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
3. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
4. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
5. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)