|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this story take place?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) London, England.
(c) Seville, Spain.
(d) Paris, France.
2. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(b) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(c) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(d) They would expect him to be evil.
3. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
(a) A new song for her to sing to Bartholo.
(b) A new song for Bartholo to sing.
(c) A new song for her to play on the harp.
(d) A new song from her music teacher called "The Futile Precaution."
4. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
(a) Anything is better than nothing.
(b) The Count has a beautiful voice, so any song will do.
(c) Love will make it sound sweet no matter what.
(d) Whatever he plays and sings will distract Bartholo.
5. What is the Count resolved to do?
(a) Tell her who he is.
(b) Keep his real identity a secret.
(c) Sing for Rosine.
(d) Kill the music teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
2. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
3. What does the Count vow to do?
4. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
5. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)