|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) They would expect him to be evil.
(b) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(c) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(d) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
2. On what does the Count romantically comment?
(a) Rosine's beautiful dress.
(b) Rosine's attractiveness.
(c) Rosine's sweet voice.
(d) Rosine's dark eyes.
3. For what does the Count long?
(a) To show off his wealth and find a trophy wife.
(b) To see his mother and sisters again.
(c) To be loved for who he is, rather than for his position or his money.
(d) To be wealthy and living in a beautiful home in the countryside.
4. Of what does Figaro remind the Count?
(a) The letter asked him to hear her sing.
(b) The letter asked him to play her a song.
(c) The letter asked him to write her a sonnet.
(d) The letter asked him to sing.
5. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She closes her window.
(b) She calls for Bartholo.
(c) She sings along with him.
(d) She tells him to be quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
2. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
3. What has taught Figaro to be so positive.?
4. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
5. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)