|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what can commedia be compared today?
(a) The symphony.
(b) Television sitcoms.
2. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She drops it out the window.
(b) She throws it in the fire.
(c) She gives it to Bartholo.
(d) She tears it up.
3. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(b) They would expect him to be evil.
(c) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(d) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
4. What does Figaro offer the Count?
(a) A song to sing to his love.
(b) A violin to play sweetly.
(c) His services in any capacity.
(d) A poem for his maiden.
5. For what will Figaro use his knowledge of drugs?
(a) To paralyze Bartholo.
(b) To put Bartholo's servants to sleep.
(c) To put Bartholo to sleep.
(d) To kill Bartholo's servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept the audience's interest?
2. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
3. What is Figaro's job situation?
4. What does the Count vow to do?
5. Where does this story take place?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)