|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count vow to do?
(a) Give Rosine her freedom.
(b) Find Rosine a good husband.
(c) Marry Rosine.
(d) Save Rosine.
2. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
(a) Get her psychological help.
(b) Court her and marry her.
(c) Beg her to divorce her husband.
(d) Leave and go home.
3. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
(b) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(c) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
(d) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
4. What will Figaro do while the Count gets himself into his disguise as a soldier?
(a) He will guide the Count on how to behave.
(b) He will go to his shop and wait for the Count.
(c) He will sit and watch.
(d) He will go into the house and drug the servants.
5. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
(b) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
(c) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
(d) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Figaro's job situation?
2. On what does Figaro comment?
3. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
4. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
5. Of what does Figaro remind the Count?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)