|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
(b) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
(c) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
(d) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
2. Where does this story take place?
(a) Seville, Spain.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Madrid, Spain.
(d) London, England.
3. Why can Figaro easily gain access to Bartholo's house?
(a) He is Bartholo's barber.
(b) He is Bartholo's servant.
(c) He is Bartholo's brother.
(d) He is Bartholo's cousin.
4. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
(a) He looks worried.
(b) He looks odd.
(c) He looks unhappy.
(d) He looks familiar.
5. What place does Figaro describe to the Count?
(a) His home.
(c) Rosine's home.
(d) His shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
2. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
3. Of what does Figaro remind the Count?
4. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
5. What does Rosine do with the song?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)