|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what can commedia be compared today?
(b) The symphony.
(d) Television sitcoms.
2. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
(a) Bartholo's devotion.
(b) The Count's devotion.
(c) The Count's obsessive behavior.
(d) Bartholo's obsessive behavior.
3. On what does the Count romantically comment?
(a) Rosine's sweet voice.
(b) Rosine's attractiveness.
(c) Rosine's beautiful dress.
(d) Rosine's dark eyes.
4. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
(a) Court her and marry her.
(b) Beg her to divorce her husband.
(c) Get her psychological help.
(d) Leave and go home.
5. At a performance of this play when it was first written, what expectations would the audience have had?
(a) They would expect him to be young and handsome.
(b) How this dumb servant hads humor to the play.
(c) How this greedy, old character would behave and how the other characters would react to him.
(d) They would expect him to be evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
2. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
3. On what does Figaro comment?
4. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
5. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)