|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
(a) The Count's obsessive behavior.
(b) The Count's devotion.
(c) Bartholo's devotion.
(d) Bartholo's obsessive behavior.
2. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
(a) The stars are beautiful.
(b) Romeo! Romeo! Where for art thou, Romeo?
(c) She enjoys the night air.
(d) She detests Bartholo.
3. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
(b) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
(c) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(d) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
4. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
(a) It is a note to Bartholo.
(b) It is actually a poem.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is actually a letter.
5. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
(a) He looks odd.
(b) He looks unhappy.
(c) He looks worried.
(d) He looks familiar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
2. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
3. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
4. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
5. On what does the Count romantically comment?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)