|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this story take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) Madrid, Spain.
(c) Seville, Spain.
(d) Paris, France.
2. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
(a) Figaro was once his tutor.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) Figaro lived next door to him.
(d) Figaro was once in the Count's service.
3. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
(b) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
(c) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
(d) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
4. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
(a) Beg her to divorce her husband.
(b) Leave and go home.
(c) Get her psychological help.
(d) Court her and marry her.
5. To what can commedia be compared today?
(c) Television sitcoms.
(d) The symphony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
2. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
3. How does the Count meet Rosine?
4. What encourages Figaro to put their plan into action?
5. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)