|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That she is mentally unstable.
(b) That he and Rosine are married.
(c) That she is very young.
(d) That she is a widow.
2. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
(a) The Count's devotion.
(b) Bartholo's devotion.
(c) The Count's obsessive behavior.
(d) Bartholo's obsessive behavior.
3. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
(b) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(c) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(d) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
4. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
(a) Her name, that she is an orphan, and is unmarried.
(b) Her name, that she is an orphan, and married to Bartholo.
(c) Her name, that she is a widow, and is in mourning.
(d) Her name, that she is a widow, and is married to Bartholo.
5. How does the Count meet Rosine?
(a) At a party help in Madrid.
(b) At his home.
(c) By chance at the store.
(d) By chance on a street in Madrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Figaro comment?
2. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
3. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
4. For whom does Count Almaviva wait?
5. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)