|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Figaro's comment regarding women being locked up?
(a) The cleverness of women increases.
(b) The cleverness of women decreases.
(c) The desperation of women increases.
(d) The desperation of women decreases.
2. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
(a) She detests Bartholo.
(b) Romeo! Romeo! Where for art thou, Romeo?
(c) The stars are beautiful.
(d) She enjoys the night air.
3. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(b) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
(c) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
(d) He has always wanted to be a priest.
4. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(b) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(c) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(d) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
5. For whom is Rosine's paper?
(c) The Count.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Figaro comment?
2. What is Figaro carrying with him, when he arrives?
3. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
4. What does Figaro offer the Count?
5. Where does this story take place?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)