|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
(a) He looks familiar.
(b) He looks odd.
(c) He looks unhappy.
(d) He looks worried.
2. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
(a) Her name, that she is a widow, and is married to Bartholo.
(b) Her name, that she is a widow, and is in mourning.
(c) Her name, that she is an orphan, and married to Bartholo.
(d) Her name, that she is an orphan, and is unmarried.
3. What has taught Figaro to be so positive.?
(b) His mother was always a positive woman.
(c) He forced himself to laugh out of being afraid that he would cry.
(d) His life experiences.
4. What does Rosine do with the song?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She throws it in the fire.
(c) She drops it out the window.
(d) She gives it to Bartholo.
5. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(b) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(c) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
(d) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
2. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
3. What is Figaro's job situation?
4. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
5. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)