|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
(a) He works as a clerk and a writer.
(b) He makes violins.
(c) He writes music and poetry.
(d) He acts as barber for anyone who needs him.
2. What is Figaro's comment regarding women being locked up?
(a) The desperation of women decreases.
(b) The cleverness of women increases.
(c) The desperation of women increases.
(d) The cleverness of women decreases.
3. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
(a) A new song from her music teacher called "The Futile Precaution."
(b) A new song for her to sing to Bartholo.
(c) A new song for Bartholo to sing.
(d) A new song for her to play on the harp.
4. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
(a) He sings it to her.
(b) He tears it up.
(c) He darts out from his hiding place and grabs it.
(d) He listens to her sing it.
5. What does Rosine say as she stands at her window?
(a) She detests Bartholo.
(b) Romeo! Romeo! Where for art thou, Romeo?
(c) The stars are beautiful.
(d) She enjoys the night air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
2. Why can Figaro easily gain access to Bartholo's house?
3. Where does this story take place?
4. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
5. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)