|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
(a) A new song for Bartholo to sing.
(b) A new song for her to play on the harp.
(c) A new song from her music teacher called "The Futile Precaution."
(d) A new song for her to sing to Bartholo.
2. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
(a) Several guitar pics.
(b) Several different sets of lyrics.
(c) Several violin strings.
(d) Several different tunes.
3. Why is Count Almaviva disguised as a priest in a cloak and turned down hat?
(a) He has always wanted to be a priest.
(b) He used to work for Bartholo and does not want to be recognized.
(c) He is a runaway fugitive and does not want anyone to discover him.
(d) He is afraid he will be recognized by either the woman's over-protective guardian or one of his friends from the royal court.
4. How does the Count meet Rosine?
(a) By chance on a street in Madrid.
(b) By chance at the store.
(c) At his home.
(d) At a party help in Madrid.
5. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
(a) Court her and marry her.
(b) Get her psychological help.
(c) Beg her to divorce her husband.
(d) Leave and go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
2. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
3. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
4. What is Figaro's job situation?
5. For whom is Rosine's paper?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)