|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
2. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
(b) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(c) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(d) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
3. Why can Figaro easily gain access to Bartholo's house?
(a) He is Bartholo's cousin.
(b) He is Bartholo's barber.
(c) He is Bartholo's brother.
(d) He is Bartholo's servant.
4. Where does this story take place?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) Seville, Spain.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) London, England.
5. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
(a) It is actually a poem.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is a note to Bartholo.
(d) It is actually a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Figaro comment?
2. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
3. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
4. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
5. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)