|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosine get Bartholo to leave?
(a) She asks Bartholo to run downstairs to retrieve the song.
(b) She pushes him out the window.
(c) She pushes him out the door.
(d) She yells, "fire!"
2. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(b) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(c) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(d) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
3. What is Figaro's comment regarding women being locked up?
(a) The desperation of women increases.
(b) The cleverness of women increases.
(c) The cleverness of women decreases.
(d) The desperation of women decreases.
4. Where does this story take place?
(a) Madrid, Spain.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) London, England.
(d) Seville, Spain.
5. To what does Rosine's letter refer?
(a) Bartholo's obsessive behavior.
(b) Bartholo's devotion.
(c) The Count's devotion.
(d) The Count's obsessive behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
2. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
3. On what does Figaro comment?
4. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
5. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)