|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Count Almaviva wait?
2. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
3. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
(b) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(c) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(d) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
4. What has taught Figaro to be so positive.?
(a) He forced himself to laugh out of being afraid that he would cry.
(c) His life experiences.
(d) His mother was always a positive woman.
5. On what does Figaro comment?
(a) Bartholo's command over Rosine.
(b) Bartholo's severe behavior.
(c) Bartholo's love for Rosine.
(d) Bartholo's desire for information regarding "The Futile Precaution," suggesting that Bartholo's attempts to keep Rosine for himself are themselves futile precautions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
2. How does the Count meet Rosine?
3. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
4. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
5. For what does the Count long?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)