|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
(a) He looks worried.
(b) He looks familiar.
(c) He looks unhappy.
(d) He looks odd.
2. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
(a) He ended up with writer's block and could not write a single line.
(b) The audiences did not enjoy his work.
(c) Even though audiences enjoyed his writing, the critics condemned him.
(d) He greated several great works, but could not find someone to publish them.
3. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(b) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(c) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(d) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
4. What do the Count and Figaro discover about the song?
(a) It is actually a letter.
(b) It is actually a poem.
(c) It is a note to Bartholo.
(d) It is beautiful.
5. Why does the Count ask what Figaro is doing in Seville?
(a) Since the Count got Figaro a job in the government.
(b) He thought Figaro had died.
(c) Since the Count found Figaro a job as a writer.
(d) He heard Figaro had moved to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count tell Figaro to call him?
2. For what will Figaro use his knowledge of drugs?
3. For whom is Rosine's paper?
4. What is Figaro's comment regarding women being locked up?
5. What has taught Figaro to be so positive.?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)