|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Figaro comment?
(a) Bartholo's severe behavior.
(b) Bartholo's love for Rosine.
(c) Bartholo's command over Rosine.
(d) Bartholo's desire for information regarding "The Futile Precaution," suggesting that Bartholo's attempts to keep Rosine for himself are themselves futile precautions.
2. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
(a) He makes violins.
(b) He acts as barber for anyone who needs him.
(c) He writes music and poetry.
(d) He works as a clerk and a writer.
3. How does Count Almaviva feel about his situation?
4. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
(a) That he and Rosine are married.
(b) That she is a widow.
(c) That she is mentally unstable.
(d) That she is very young.
5. For what does the Count long?
(a) To be loved for who he is, rather than for his position or his money.
(b) To be wealthy and living in a beautiful home in the countryside.
(c) To show off his wealth and find a trophy wife.
(d) To see his mother and sisters again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Figaro makes an attempt at writing for the theatre?
2. What does the count do as Figaro continues his story?
3. What has the Count recently found out about Rosine?
4. What does Rosine tell Bartholo is on the paper she is holding?
5. For what will Figaro use his knowledge of drugs?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)