Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(b) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
(c) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(d) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
2. Where is the Count playing the guitar and singing?
(a) The Count strolls under Rosine's window.
(b) In the park.
(c) Up in a tree by Rosine's window.
(d) In Rosine's room.
3. What kept the audience's interest?
(a) Wondering if the actor would be very good.
(b) Wondering what the character would look like.
(c) Wondering about the details of both the greedy old man's character and the reactions of the others.
(d) Wondering about the details of this young, handsome lover.
4. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
(b) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
(c) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
(d) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
5. What does the count do as Figaro continues his story?
(a) Keeps an eye on Rosine's window.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Writes a poem for Rosine.
(d) Takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Figaro is composing a song, through what does he go?
2. How does the Count meet Rosine?
3. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
4. What does the Count do, regarding Rosine's song?
5. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)