|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count do while telling Bartholo to do his duty to the military and put him up for the night?
(a) He stumbles around.
(b) He looks for Figaro.
(c) He sings.
(d) He shows Rosine the letter.
2. Why does Figaro leave Madrid and cheerfully wander through Spain?
(a) He missed playing the violin, so he found work as a violin maker and salesman.
(b) When he realized that the critics were more interested in their own political in-fighting and were never going to welcome him.
(c) When he realized the audiences did not appreciate his work, he decided to write music for himself.
(d) He realized the theatre life was not for him, so he went back to writing poetry.
3. What does Rosine angrily ask, regarding her feelings about Bartholo?
(a) Why does she find him so attractive?
(b) Why does she find him so unattractive?
(c) Why he is so unkind to her?
(d) Why he is always accusing her?
4. What is Figaro's comment regarding women being locked up?
(a) The cleverness of women decreases.
(b) The desperation of women decreases.
(c) The desperation of women increases.
(d) The cleverness of women increases.
5. As Figaro finishes singing his new composition, what does he realize about the "priest?"
(a) He looks unhappy.
(b) He looks familiar.
(c) He looks odd.
(d) He looks worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bazile tell Bartholo to start?
2. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
3. What job does Figaro have, as we wanders through Spain?
4. With what does Bartholo gently confront Rosine?
5. What does Bartholo see the Count putting back in his pocket?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)