|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count instantly resolve to do?
(a) Leave and go home.
(b) Beg her to divorce her husband.
(c) Get her psychological help.
(d) Court her and marry her.
2. In Bazile's opinion, when is a husband asking for trouble?
(a) When he tries to control his wife.
(b) When he loves her more than she loves him.
(c) Marrying too young.
(d) Marrying a woman who is not in love with her husband.
3. For whom is Rosine's paper?
(c) The Count.
(d) Her cousin.
4. Who does Figaro say he was talking to on the street?
(a) A very wealthy Count.
(b) A poor relative who might have done well if he had not had to leave Madrid so quickly.
(c) His friend from his previous employment.
5. What does Bartholo tell Rosine the Count had told him?
(a) The Count loves her desperately and will be there around midnight.
(b) The Count never loved her and is not coming.
(c) The Count wrote her a love letter but Bartholo had destroyed it in a fit of rage.
(d) The Count showed the letter to another woman, and then told Bartholo the whole story in the hopes of getting Rosine away from the Count.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
2. From what is Bartholo exempt?
3. What does Bartholo see the Count putting back in his pocket?
4. What does Figaro promise to do?
5. What does the Count insist that Bartholo show him?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)