|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Count "drunkenly" say is the only person in the house with whom he wants anything to do?
(b) The maids.
2. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
(a) He is listening at the door.
(b) He is hanging outside the window.
(c) He is peeping out of a nearby cupboard and overhearing.
(d) He is hiding under the bed.
3. Bartholo assumes the song is a "new sort of silliness," and talks grumpily about what?
(a) How she is a horrible singer, and he does not want to hear it.
(b) How there is so much nonsense around- especially the "new fangled Drama."
(c) How he despises musicians and wishes she did not take lessons.
(d) How he envies her talents and hopes she will teach him to sing.
4. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
(a) Figaro lived next door to him.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) Figaro was once his tutor.
(d) Figaro was once in the Count's service.
5. Once Bazile leaves, what does Figaro prepare to do?
(a) Save Rosine.
(b) Break more china.
(c) Shave Bartholo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story has Bartholo spread around to keep potential lovers away?
2. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
3. What does Rosine do with the song?
4. How is a commedia and today's example similar?
5. Where does this scene take place?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)