|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Bartholo's complaining?
(a) The entrance of the Count, to save Rosine.
(b) The entrance of Bazile, Rosine's music teacher.
(c) The entrance of Rosine.
(d) The entrance of Figaro, to say hello.
2. Why does Figaro lend the Count his guitar, telling him to sing anything that comes into his mind?
(a) Love will make it sound sweet no matter what.
(b) Whatever he plays and sings will distract Bartholo.
(c) Anything is better than nothing.
(d) The Count has a beautiful voice, so any song will do.
3. Of what does Bartholo accuse Figaro?
(a) Coming back to cause more disturbances in the house.
(b) Allowing the Count into his home.
(c) Leaving the door unlocked.
(d) Bringing a strange new music teacher to his home.
4. Why does the Count recognize Figaro?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) Figaro lived next door to him.
(c) Figaro was once in the Count's service.
(d) Figaro was once his tutor.
5. Why does Bartholo leave to get a basin?
(a) Figaro may get lost looking for one.
(b) He does not trust Figaro, and his servants are out of commission.
(c) He wants to wash his hands.
(d) Figaro does not know where they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the Count romantically comment?
2. For whom does Count Almaviva wait?
3. On what commedia type is Bazile based?
4. How does Rosine describe Figaro?
5. Why is Rosine shocked and humiliated?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)