|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count reveal in an aside?
(a) He cannot decide if he should keep his disguise on or take it off.
(b) He cannot decide whether it would be a better idea to keep the letter to himself, or follow through on the original plan and hand it over.
(c) He is not sure if Rosine really loves him.
(d) He is not sure if he trusts Bartholo.
2. What does Rosine do when she hears Bartholo coming?
(a) She becomes excited.
(b) She panics.
(c) She is nervous.
(d) She faints.
3. Why does Figaro tell the Count to pose as a drunken member of a military detachment in town and introduce himself to Bartholo?
(a) Bartholo will be obliged to get drunk with him.
(b) Bartholo loves the talk about war.
(c) Bartholo will be obliged to invite him in.
(d) Bartholo has a soft spot in his heart for soldiers.
4. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
(a) At six o'clock.
(b) At eight o'clock.
(c) At four o'clock.
(d) At two o'clock.
5. For what does the Count long?
(a) To see his mother and sisters again.
(b) To be wealthy and living in a beautiful home in the countryside.
(c) To show off his wealth and find a trophy wife.
(d) To be loved for who he is, rather than for his position or his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Figaro easily gain access to Bartholo's house?
2. What does Figaro tell the Count about Rosine's music teacher?
3. What does Figaro promise to do?
4. About what is Rosine worrying, when she comes out of her room?
5. How does Figaro learn that Bazile tells Bartholo that the Count is in town, has taken rooms at a fancy hotel and is going out every evening in disguise?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)