|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bartholo send Rosine out?
(a) He does not want her to fall in love with the soldier.
(b) It is dangerous for a woman to be alone with a drunken man.
(c) He is tired of seeing her.
(d) He no longer enjoys her company.
2. When does Bazile say he will arrive with the notary to perform the wedding?
(a) At eight o'clock.
(b) At four o'clock.
(c) At two o'clock.
(d) At six o'clock.
3. What is Figaro's job situation?
(a) He is a poet and an editor for a publishing company.
(b) He is a travelling minstrel, playing music for anyone who will listen.
(c) He works as a violin maker and travels Spain selling his wares.
(d) He was apprenticed to a horse doctor, but when his superior found out that he was also writing poetry, love letters and contributing to the local newspaper, he was fired.
4. How does Rosine react when Figaro tells her the truth about this man?
(a) She is flattered, excited, embarrassed and frightened all at the same time.
(b) She feels sorry for him and wants to help him in any way she can.
(c) She is suprised and nervous.
(d) She is saddened and shocked.
5. What does Rosine do after awhile of listening to the Count?
(a) She calls for Bartholo.
(b) She tells him to be quiet.
(c) She closes her window.
(d) She sings along with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count do when Bartholo demands again to see the letter?
2. What does the Count try to do, as Figaro and Bartholo argue?
3. Rosine comes in, refusing to take any more music lessons from anybody. Why does she quickly change her mind?
4. What does the Count comically struggle to do?
5. Where does this scene take place?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)